Potential signings in January

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

21 hours ago, OTT said:

What i've found with KB is, many folk find it easier to sit back and criticise others whilst offering nothing others could ridicule back.

Fair play for putting your opinion out there. I think factually Wilson and Allan are good enough to play for us but I would rather we go after players with a different mentality. Particularly with Allan, He seems to have this indignation about having a right to play for a 'big' club, he forced himself down south (probably his agent) before he was ready, failed miserably, Hibs gave him a shot - he was pretty decent, Again he felt his current club weren't good enough for him and forced another move which he has failed miserably with. To me, that says 1 good season with us and he'll be forcing his move west (again). I'd rather we signed someone who we could build a team around long term. 

I would rather we signed Ali Crawford. I think he is far more influential than Allan, I think it could also be argued he should have a hunger to play at a higher level than Allan (who has already tried twice and failed, both times without earning the 'right' to).  From what I've saw of Crawford he doesn't hide and is one of those players who drags Hamilton through games they have no right to win. 

Great post 

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Something I have pondered all week. Encouraging the younger players is going to be important. Declogging the squad of ordinary squad players is going to be the secret, the youngsters will then become the squad men (boys)

I think that's our biggest challenge - getting rid of the dross who are on decent money as they won't get it anywhere else 

9 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

As others have pointed out Moult is away to Preston.

Wilson left us for Rangers. So I’ll ask again why would he come back?

Accept it you’re talking pish.

Well Wilson ( who is currently Rangers captain)is AVAILABLE to speak to other clubs which indicates rangers don't want him or they'd have offered him a contract and he'd be tied down? The fact they haven't indicates he's is free? So we could throw our hat in the ring for him? 

So no - I won Accept I'm talking pish - he's a free agent , he played for hearts and captained us for years so it's possible therefore it's you that's talking pish Fella 

do players who leave clubs not return no?  Is that against the rules?

if he is not wanted by rangers but wants to stay in Scotland - hearts are a great fit no? 

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Danny Wilson ffs. Can't wait for a return to long aimless balls to nobody in particular.

?

12 hours ago, Boris said:

You think? For a player that is free to go in the summer? For a player that hasn't really set the Heather on fire this season?

We will be lucky to get ten bob for Walker.

I think Walker will stay and leave for nothing 

2 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

?

Just carrying on the conversation from the previous posts suggesting that we should be in for Danny Wilson.

You know the same guy that was that desperate to stay with Hearts that he was whoring himself to Celtic before the season had finished.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Just carrying on the conversation from the previous posts suggesting that we should be in for Danny Wilson.

You know the same guy that was that desperate to stay with Hearts that he was whoring himself to Celtic before the season had finished.

not sure why anyone would want him back, hes a bombscare

14 hours ago, Musemic said:

This. I still find it hard to believe that he won that award ahead of Morgaro Gomis, who (IMO) was head and shoulders above anyone else in the division that season.

Scott Allan was another successful member of the Hibs PR machine, rightly or wrongly they are in the press every week bamming up how much Allan is worth, how much McGinn is worth, how Lewis Stevenson should be Scotland captain, Scottish journos are so lazy that they lap it and Edinburgh Evening News is just a clickbait newspaper so they love to run with it.

Gene Parmesan
16 hours ago, Glottis said:

I was more impressed with Kamara for Dundee and Hendry at right back - he reminded me a lot of Paterson and is probably out of our range already.

Scott Allan doesn't score, doesn't seem to create huge amounts and can't last 90 minutes. Not for me

Jack Hendry is the centre half and (allegedly) wanted by Celtic, Southampton, Newcastle and Crystal Palace. Dundee's right back (and captain) Cammy Kerr is also a cracking player but under contract and probably outwith our financial reach. Agreed that Kamara looks good and would definitely improve us.

1 minute ago, RS86 said:

He would tbh, really rated him

Loved his wee touch of the posts and look to the sky before kick off, cool as you like ! :cool_shades:

Allan looked like he'd put on a stone the other night.

Personally, I think any players from other Scottish clubs we would like should be on an upward curve. 

Allan has had his day. Well, he hasn't really. He's trawled around clubs and never made it. Never really had an extended spell of good form or looked dependable.

The last thing we need is to sign a player who needs motivated and a month to get properly fit.

34 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

not sure why anyone would want him back, hes a bombscare

What this guy said ☝️

Jason Naismith (Ross County right-back) is free in the summer. Definitely worth looking at.

Actually, according to another source he's contracted until 2020, so **** knows.

3 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Danny Wilson ffs. Can't wait for a return to long aimless balls to nobody in particular.

Keep saying this to folk who say they want him! The only thing I remember him doing was missing headers and punting balls out on the right hand side. Was one I was happy to see the back of.

45 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We don't need another right back! That's the very last thing we need!

Is it?

Randall might not stay beyond the end of the season and Smith looks very average. Perhaps not a top priority position but Naismith is one of the best in the league and is young enough to improve.

19 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Is it?

Randall might not stay beyond the end of the season and Smith looks very average. Perhaps not a top priority position but Naismith is one of the best in the league and is young enough to improve.

Brandon and Liam Smith plus another rb coming through the academy. Well covered for rb’s

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Brandon and Liam Smith plus another rb coming through the academy. Well covered for rb’s

Whether they're good enough is another matter.

We need 3 players and all of them should be lefties so we have the correct balance. 

I hope we sign that Somi boy at LB, Fraser at Dundee Utd reminds me of Stevie Fulton and we need a rapid left winger. 

15 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

As others have pointed out Moult is away to Preston.

Wilson left us for Rangers. So I’ll ask again why would he come back?

Accept it you’re talking pish.

Hardly. If you don't think players from Motherwell, and guys who don't get their contracts renewed at rangers (if that's to be the case with wilson) are realistic targets for Hearts then you're deluded. 

Wilson no doubt left us for rangers for more cash. If they don't want him anymore, I can't see there being a huge demand for him and he seemed to enjoy his time at Hearts, plus I could only really see Aberdeen matching us for wages, so why would we not have a chance of getting him? 

Portable Badger
9 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Is it?

We've got Smith out on loan and Brandon.  Why have another 'developing' RB?  As you say not top priority - I think all efforts should be for a LB & midfield.

13 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

Did is he not buy several season tickets for us when he was captain in the admin season?

17 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

We've got Smith out on loan and Brandon.  Why have another 'developing' RB?  As you say not top priority - I think all efforts should be for a LB & midfield.

He's already consistently a top performer in the league. Not comparable to Brandon or Liam Smith.

2 hours ago, Joel Miller said:

As a CB, yes. As a LB, no thanks.

I disagree with you there. I thought our most solid back 4 of the last few years was when we played Rossi at LB. 

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

I disagree with you there. I thought our most solid back 4 of the last few years was when we played Rossi at LB. 

He isn't good enough on the ball to be a regular LB imo. He's a CB, and there's no need to play players out of position like we always seem to do.

3 hours ago, Robbo51 said:

Rossi's contract runs out in the summer. A pre-contract or a straight signing in January would be a good bit of business

I'd take him back in a moment to play at LB where he was solid for us.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, alanjambo said:

Did is he not buy several season tickets for us when he was captain in the admin season?

And taken a 50% wage drop.

Guy is over rated by himself, but under rated by the fans.

He's a good all rounder and is comfortable at lb.

Be a great addition for the right money, but he seems to be getting game time now.

However we sign, I'd take three good players of a a pic n' mix of 5 or 6.

Lb

Cm

At least 1x wide player.

Being greedy-

Another striker and an additional wide player would be a Brucey.

We need a left back. Not a centre half playing as a left back. We could do with a centre half, winger, attacking midfielder and with pace. Another striker would be fine.

There will be some good signings around the leagues in England. Allan Preston hit the nail on the head for me the other night when he said Hearts need a full time scout in England. he said its no coincidence Aberdeen & Motherwell have a full time scout down south and have made a few good signings.. Even Hibs managed to get Brandon Barker so there is quality down there. Just need to find it.

5 minutes ago, jambotony said:

There will be some good signings around the leagues in England. Allan Preston hit the nail on the head for me the other night when he said Hearts need a full time scout in England. he said its no coincidence Aberdeen & Motherwell have a full time scout down south and have made a few good signings.. Even Hibs managed to get Brandon Barker so there is quality down there. Just need to find it.

From the same club as we got our injured LB.  We also have Randall on loan from down south.

I would not listen to too much to what Biscuits says.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

From the same club as we got our injured LB.  We also have Randall on loan from down south.

I would not listen to too much to what Biscuits says.

We were offered Barker first but knocked him back ?

19 minutes ago, jamboveg said:

That a fact is it or just unsubstantiated rumour?

23 minutes ago, jamboveg said:

I doubt if this is even true but who knocked him back?

Was it the then H/Coach (IC) or the then DoF (CL) or was it the chief scout?

We need to strengthen but let's strengthen in the right positions

Left back is a priority, a centre back would be nice for back up , a midfielder and if we are lucky a wide player with pace.

However lets be honest we need to empty some of the current squad as well 

I think Budge realises how poor we are in midfield and will be keen to help out Levein in signing new players in January. Don’t think we are far away from having a good starting 11 plus a couple options from the bench. Any other names mentioned?? 

17 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Heard a few times now Budge will back Levein with money in January. Personally can't see it. Will have to wait and see 

Have you really Real Romanov.

Archived