Levein on Mikey Stewart

Wilo

Just now, Spencer said:

Can you please outline what Stewart has said that you believe to be "nonsense"? 

This will be enlightening. I'm gonna have a beer in readiness 

Levein acolytes out in force tonight Spencer.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spencer said:

You should probably stay of the beers tbh. :)

Just now, Ryder said:

I for one am utterly shocked. 

You be shocked all you like. The last 2 years have been ****ing horrendous 

That might be good enough in your view but it certainly isn't in mine 

19 defeats in 38 games. Let that ****ing sink in before trying to come the ***** 

Just now, Ryder said:

Really? Created a glut of chances. Defensively solid. Djoum back to his best. Starting to click again from what I saw.

You won’t ever see that though, for well covered reasons. 

We drew 0-0 v Ross County at home.

We hardly got in behind them.

The goalie had a save from Cochrane, the only bit of open pkay that created a 'real chance', 2 saves from rebounds, one of these rebounds was from a corner.

We never really peppered the County goal, a lot of 'shots' were tame from distance.

We were playing probavly one of the worst teams we will play this season.

Yes we were slightly better than the week before but that aint something to shout about tbh.

Decent....maybe in your opinion but not in mine.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Levein acolytes out in force tonight Spencer.

“Acolytes”

What? Like a Football supporter? Whatever next?? :rofl:

Stewart's agenda is clear, be a very poor mans Chris Sutton and more people will notice my rants. About time Levein picked up the cudgels. Im pretty sure the players will want to now ram it right down people's throats. Let's get behind that.

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Stewart has been talking nonsense, he's been talking nonsense about Levein for years because he's got an agenda against him. 

What's he been saying that's nonsense, I thought his analysis on the game last week was spot on, he pointed out the 'chances' created were mostly from outside the box and actually provided a stat that only 4% of shots from outside the box hit the back of the net, fair analysis in my opinion.

You can not like someone but still have a fair balanced opinion on them, if we were playing to an acceptable standard and getting results then you'd be asking a few questions on why he's saying a few negative things but we've been rotten and he can see that as clear as you and me.

Just now, Spencer said:

You are going to have a long wait on an answer.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Anything that gets Levein fired up is fine with me. He needs to get more out of his squad. His current performance is woefully below par and has made too many mistakes already with regards to style of play and team selection. He simply must start getting results.

No more excuses. Have an bad feeling he's past it though. Was a good manager but I'm not sure if that's still the case.

30 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

If you don't think that MS has an agenda against Hearts right now and don't think it's right he's been called out on it then more power to you. 

Youre thinking this this is an argument about whether or not we've been playin well ffs, is there any point conversing when you're no even grasping the main point of the thread?

You must be at it. Must be. 

The problem here is that Stewart doesn't necessarily have an agenda against Hearts; he has a clear as day personal issue with Levein and he is being allowed a platform to deliver that which is paid for by the tax payer.  Stewart is clearly more intelligent than your average pundit, but he's emotionally thick as mince.

Personally I back Levein 100% on this issue and I just hope his anger transfers through to the team and, dare I suggest it, the support.

You be shocked all you like. The last 2 years have been ****ing horrendous 

That might be good enough in your view but it certainly isn't in mine 

19 defeats in 38 games. Let that ****ing sink in before trying to come the ***** 

Levein hasn’t been manager for two years. Thankfully he is now though... things are about to get much better. :smug:

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

“Acolytes”

What? Like a Football supporter? Whatever next?? :rofl:

Quite.  The irony would have Ms Morisette weeping.

1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

What's he been saying that's nonsense, I thought his analysis on the game last week was spot on, he pointed out the 'chances' created were mostly from outside the box and actually provided a stat that only 4% of shots from outside the box hit the back of the net, fair analysis in my opinion.

You can not like someone but still have a fair balanced opinion on them, if we were playing to an acceptable standard and getting results then you'd be asking a few questions on why he's saying a few negative things but we've been rotten and he can see that as clear as you and me.

Those chances created mostly outside the box that Berra and Isma were castigated for missing... erm... inside the six yards box? :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Stewart has been talking nonsense, he's been talking nonsense about Levein for years because he's got an agenda against him. 

Is anyone going to tell us what this 'nonsense' is..

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

The goalie had a save from Cochrane, the only bit of open pkay that created a 'real chance', 2 saves from rebounds, one of these rebounds was from a corner.

We never really peppered the County goal, a lot of 'shots' were tame from distance.

Yes we were slightly better than the week before but that aint something to shout about tbh.

:spoton:

All Out Attack

Michael Stewart simply calls things as they are.

Many here are in absolute denial over the state of our football team, and how bad we are.

Someone needs to be responsible for the  mess we are in, yet Levein seems Teflon coated. 

MS is a better pundit than he was a player  for us, however he is invariably correct.

The split in our support that Levein has caused is dangerous and he is honestly not worth it. The sooner we are rid of him and his trainees the better. 

2 minutes ago, Texia said:

Well that’s not what you were trying to say was it? 

Calling it ‘childish’ to have a go at Levein for sticking up for himself and the team from over the line criticism. Before you come back with the standard ‘so do you think performances have been good?’ you’ll see I called it over the line, which Stewart has been. 

A spat being playing out like this is imo childish 

I've met MS a few times some years ago. He was at Hibs at the time. I found him to be a very decent guy. He made it clear he was from a Hearts background. 

Nothing I have heard from him on Sportscene has imo been OTT.  I haven't heard him on the radio so can't comment on any comments he might have made. His comments on Sportscene have been very much what many fans I know are saying are largely how I personally have felt watching us

If CL turns things around I will be quite delighted. But what he has presided over simply can't be denied or overlooked 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Mikey Stewart is not a good pundit, you can tell he rates himself as an intellectual but half the stuff that comes out of his mouth is just complete nonsense.

Here's an example of how long this vendetta has been going on in the press: thesun.uk/6014B2ELy   . A fact-less hitpiece.

53 minutes ago, Gambo said:

So does this mean we have been playing great football and had great results?

Anychance you can hire another plane and **** off to somewhere without internet access?

Just now, Ryder said:

Those chances created mostly outside the box that Berra and Isma were castigated for missing... erm... inside the six yards box? :rofl:

He also went over the chances missed inside the box, he also said it was a much better performance than in recent weeks, went over bits of play that you want and expect to see from a hearts team playing at home, all fair analysis and I agreed with it all. 

Pointing out that a strike from 25 yards isn't necessarily a chance isn't anything to get worked up or concerned about, it's just a fact.

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Levein hasn’t been manager for two years. Thankfully he is now though... things are about to get much better. :smug:

Let's hope so as there is massive room for improvement 

I'm astounded that anyone can seek to exonerate him from responsibility for what has unfolded in that period though

6 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We controlled the game from start to finish and I fully expect us to build on that and improve week on week. Winning run on its way.

2 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

I'm wondering if I was actually at the game when I read what the Pound Shop pundit and his acolytes on here say.  Isma alone had two close range efforts and if these had gone in the score could have been 6 as these anti football wasters would have had to come out and attack - if they know what that means

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Is anyone going to tell us what this 'nonsense' is..

JKB pack mentality is alive and kicking 

I just wish some of the shite that takes the pitch could show the same passion as some of these apologists 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
2 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Mikey Stewart is not a good pundit, you can tell he rates himself as an intellectual but half the stuff that comes out of his mouth is just complete nonsense.

Here's an example of how long this vendetta has been going on in the press: thesun.uk/6014B2ELy   . A fact-less hitpiece.

Just realised this article was taken down. It was when Robbie got us knocked out the Europa League and Michael Stewart blamed Levein! Unreal stuff.

1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

He also went over the chances missed inside the box, he also said it was a much better performance than in recent weeks, went over bits of play that you want and expect to see from a hearts team playing at home, all fair analysis and I agreed with it all. 

Pointing out that a strike from 25 yards isn't necessarily a chance isn't anything to get worked up or concerned about, it's just a fact.

:lol:

well, as long as he said we were improved, he can then go on to talk utter shite for the rest of the time.

Maroon Sailor

There is a reason Stewart is slavering away in a studio every Saturday night and not in a dugout every match day.

Nobody stop to think why ?

But hey-ho being on the outside of the tent pissing in makes him a far better person to listen to than a man that has actually been deemed good enough to manage in Scotland, England and chosen for the National team.

Just now, Ryder said:

:lol:

well, as long as he said we were improved, he can then go on to talk utter shite for the rest of the time.

Improved performance yes, still give games without a win and a 0-0 draw at home to Ross County, nothing to start bragging about or heaping praise on people over, it went from shite to average, let's see what tomorrow brings.

been here before
1 hour ago, Wilo said:

“All I can say about Michael is that his agent at the time was George Wright, who used to play here (for Hearts). We didn’t have any money at the time but George said that Man United would cover his salary. But we had to put something on the contract so it was £1 a week and, without doubt, it was the worst value for money I have ever had from any player, and that is a fact.”

Brilliant, just brilliant.

CL says MS doesn't like him,  has an agenda because of that so he's went to BBC to try to shut him up. 

CL also says he doesn't like MS and releases confidential,  personal information about his contract into the public domain to score points. That & going to the BBC would suggest to me that CL also has an agenda. 

The whole thing is unprofessional IMO & I'd rather our DoF  / HC used all of his energy to turn performances on the field around rather than getting dragged into spats like this. . 

13 minutes ago, Spencer said:

MS heavily criticised CL while he was DOF for the quality of player we signed and the results we got, has he ever even mentioned the DOF at Rangers?

JKB pack mentality is alive and kicking 

I just wish some of the shite that takes the pitch could show the same passion as some of these apologists 

Is the “pack” Gambo, you, RudiHMFC, All Out Attack, Hall and Enzio Chiefo? 

:gok:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I've not time for what Levein is doing at Hearts but he's entitled to say this. Stewart has been acting like a right ^^^^ and it definitely is personal.

Which, by the way, doesn't mean that what Stewart is saying is wrong. It's more the way he's saying it.

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

There is a reason Stewart is slavering away in a studio every Saturday night and not in a dugout every match day.

Nobody stop to think why ?

But hey-ho being on the outside of the tent pissing in makes him a far better person to listen to than a man that has actually been deemed good enough to manage in Scotland, England and chosen for the National team.

Silence those who say things we don't want to hear 

That where we have got to? 

2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

CL says MS doesn't like him,  has an agenda because of that so he's went to BBC to try to shut him up. 

CL also says he doesn't like MS and releases confidential,  personal information about his contract into the public domain to score points. That & going to the BBC would suggest to me that CL also has an agenda. 

The whole thing is unprofessional IMO & I'd rather our DoF  / HC used all of his energy to turn performances on the field around rather than getting dragged into spats like this. . 

Absolutely spot on 

Just now, Finlay James said:

MS owned by our Craig, love it

Our Craig is just and out and out winner eh 

I will say this - he better get a win tomorrow as he is going to look a tit if we don't 

Just now, Spencer said:

Our Craig is just and out and out winner eh 

I will say this - he better get a win tomorrow as he is going to look a tit if we don't 

What would you prefer?

13 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

He never mentioned how many goals were scored from long range shots that were parried by the goalkeeper, added to the 4% it comes in at just under 33%.

1 hour ago, Wilo said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-craig-levein-says-pundit-michael-stewart-has-agenda-1-4628666

Hearts manager Craig Levein has contacted BBC Scotland to voice concern about ongoing criticism from pundit Michael Stewart which he deems to be driven by a personal grudge.

The pair didn’t see eye to eye when Stewart played under Levein during a spell on loan at Tynecastle from Manchester United 13 years ago, and the 36-year-old former midfielder has never made a secret of the fact he doesn’t like the current Hearts manager.

While Levein has no issue with Stewart or anyone else voicing their opinion, he is disappointed with the BBC Scotland for allowing someone who has clearly stated he doesn’t like him to then be allowed such an elevated platform with the national broadcaster to analyse his work and, by extension, “whip up” sections of the Hearts support against him.

The manager doesn’t believe it is a coincidence that Stewart – a prominent radio pundit on Sportsound and a television analyst for Sportscene – has been his most vociferous media critic since he returned to Tynecastle in 2014, initially as director of football. “Just because Michael says something, it doesn’t mean that we are doing everything wrong,” said Levein. “It is personal with Michael and he is just making a fool of himself. I don’t particularly like him and I hear he doesn’t like me. I’m actually not that bothered about Michael or what he says but I am annoyed at the BBC. For him to admit that he has an agenda and for them to still allow him the platform, for me, that is a nonsense.

“He is trying to whip up fans and, as I say, it is the BBC. They have allowed him that opportunity but I have had a conversation so we will see what happens. I have spoken to (BBC Radio Scotland editor) Tom Connor and we will see what happens. The details of the conversation will remain between Tom and I.”

While Levein was generally in lighthearted mood when discussing his nemesis, it is clear he felt a personal vendetta was at play after he was alerted to Stewart’s comments on Sportsound last Saturday evening in the aftermath of the goalless draw with Ross County. Stewart was clearly bemused with the manager’s upbeat post-match interview in which he played down the suggestion that a lot of fans had booed Hearts off and insisted his team had “played some really good football and created loads of chances”. The pundit described the claims as “bizarre” amid a scathing analysis of Levein’s three-month tenure as manager.

“Somebody drew my attention to what he was saying after the game on Saturday, when we played well and had all those chances, and it got to the point where I thought ‘listen, if he can’t accept that and is still trying to pick holes in it, for me, it comes back to the BBC allowing him to do that’. That is more worrying than what he’s actually saying,” said the former Scotland manager.

“Someone was telling me that he was trawling about on Saturday night trying to find stuff on the internet to prove that we hadn’t played well. It is hysterical. He just needs to chill. He’s going to self-combust one day, that’s for sure. He thinks he is doing his best for Hearts and I am certainly trying to do my best for Hearts.

“Listen, it is a bit of frivolity for me here – I probably shouldn’t get involved. But on a serious note, I do think that if someone has admitted that they have an agenda, to then give them a platform to continue to rant... I’m not at any point saying that I don’t deserve any criticism. I have had more criticism than most, particularly during my time at Scotland, but criticism of me at that time was valid. But when he has admitted he has an agenda and keeps going on about the same stuff over and over and over again, I just don’t see how that is fair. I just don’t get it. The BBC, for me, have always been a company that plays it straight down the middle. He doesn’t like me, he’s said that. He’s openly admitted it, and I don’t like him. I can take criticism if it’s fair and it’s based on something other than a grudge.”

Stewart started three matches and made six substitute appearances under Levein in the first three months of the 2004/05 season before the manager left to take over at Leicester City. Stewart then had two seasons with Hibs before returning to Hearts for a second spell in 2007, which lasted for three years and encompassed 100 games. The Edinburgh-born player was handed the captaincy by Csaba Laszlo at the start of what would be his final season at Hearts. Reflecting on his time as Stewart’s manager, Levein said: “All I can say about Michael is that his agent at the time was George Wright, who used to play here (for Hearts). We didn’t have any money at the time but George said that Man United would cover his salary. But we had to put something on the contract so it was £1 a week and, without doubt, it was the worst value for money I have ever had from any player, and that is a fact.”

That quote about him being terrible value at £1 a week is legendary.  About time he came out fighting.

Pretty sad that Levein claims Stewart is "whipping up support" for his agenda against him. Personally I had already reached the same conclusion as Stewart but i did so all on my own. Yet another attempt by Levein to buy himself more time before his excuses run out.

A win tomorrow would help but if he doesn't get it then he will be under even more pressure and not just from Michael Stewart.

Geoff Kilpatrick

As funny as the ad-hominem is, Stewart's critique of our problems is spot on, i.e. no pace, no width and a lack of desire. That he goes over the top because it is Levein is clear and actually allows people to detract from it because they point to the messenger, not the message.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Pretty sad that Levein claims Stewart is "whipping up support" for his agenda against him. Personally I had already reached the same conclusion as Stewart but i did so all on my own. Yet another attempt by Levein to buy himself more time before his excuses run out.

A win tomorrow would help but if he doesn't get it then he will be under even more pressure and not just from Michael Stewart.

Correct. I think Levein has confirmed what we have known all along - He can't take criticism 

And by **** is criticism justified 

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Is the “pack” Gambo, you, RudiHMFC, All Out Attack, Hall and Enzio Chiefo? 

:gok:

You can take me out of any pack, don't give a shite about the squabbling or who has what agenda, unless we start playing to an acceptable level and picking up points Levein will be under fire and rightly so considering he's the manager at one of the biggest clubs in the country. The only way he comes out looking good in any of this is for him to be as good a manager as folk say he is and get us up the table, and beating Hibs in 3 weeks time of course.

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Silence those who say things we don't want to hear 

That where we have got to? 

Think Stewart makes some valid points in his analysis but he's a typical ex pro who can't make the grade as a coach.

Talks a good game

The bit about MS being the worst quid spent is comedy gold. Stewart will be raging. Should make for good listening/viewing this weekend If, indeed, he gets any air time.

I'm delighted Levein has hit back, Stewart has been ranting on for far too long now. Some of it justified, however most of it driven by hatred towards Levein.

Stewart is a bad egg, has been in bother no matter where he's been and who he's worked with - says a lot.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

As funny as the ad-hominem is, Stewart's critique of our problems is spot on, i.e. no pace, no width and a lack of desire. That he goes over the top because it is Levein is clear and actually allows people to detract from it because they point to the messenger, not the message.

He is also a Hearts fan and therefore has an emotional attachment, as we all do 

6 minutes ago, Ryder said:

We controlled the game from start to finish and I fully expect us to build on that and improve week on week. Winning run on its way.

Lets hope so.

Stewart though has been commenting on games that we have played and how we have played in them, not on how we may play in future games.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

One other thing to say - that's a weird report from the EEN.  Reads like a ****ing press release on Levein's behalf.

Would be nice if the EEN asked some of the questions Stewart asks.

Archived