Scottish Cup - 4th round draw : Hibs at home

Rab87

Just now, punkrockcroc said:

Craig Levein will not be sacked if he loses against hibs there's no chance of that happening, with 2 games against these *****  and the other ***** (Celtic) coming up our fans will have to sing (and loudly) for the the full 90 minutes not just the 3 songs that were sung against Partick  because they will.

It's the pish on the park I would be more worried about 

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s two months until we play them. How can recent results be deemed recent/previous form for a cup tie that is two months and a transfer window in the future?

I'd say with our previous dabbling in the transfer market under the past 2 managers it's pretty relevant.

north wales jambo

Hi all, just wondering does anybody have an idea how many tickets will be left for sale for this match, obviously hibs will get all the roseburn. With nearly 14,000  season tickets and hospitality,  I’m wondering whether to chance it and come up for the weekend. Cheers for any replies. 

29 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And you have never made a mistake? At least he admits he got the Cathro hire wrong. If our managers get fired after every mistake we might as well just give a different FoH donator a shot at managing each weekends game. 

Must have missed that - when did he say this?

1 minute ago, north wales jambo said:

Hi all, just wondering does anybody have an idea how many tickets will be left for sale for this match, obviously hibs will get all the roseburn. With nearly 14,000  season tickets and hospitality,  I’m wondering whether to chance it and come up for the weekend. Cheers for any replies. 

13,700 ST holders (if they all buy a ticket)

3,500 - Hibs fans

600 - Corporate

250 - 'Hangers on'

Capacity 20,099 - That leaves 2,049 up for sale

41 minutes ago, Spencer said:

It's the pish on the park I would be more worried about 

Maybe the pish on the park would play better if they got better support, back in the late 70's and 80's the team was supported regardless of how well the team was playing , what's wrong with the support nowadays that they only sing when the team's doing well?

If we don't pick up in the next few games the levein should go and we can hope that the team and fans get a lift from a new manager.   Wishful thinking

PS   maybe a replay would cover the cost of his pay off 

34 minutes ago, north wales jambo said:

Tim hat on here but if we get beat from them next month will we even sell out the cup game? 

5 minutes ago, theshed said:

Tim hat on here but if we get beat from them next month will we even sell out the cup game? 

Tim hat??

Jam Tarts 1874
22 minutes ago, punkrockcroc said:

Maybe the pish on the park would play better if they got better support, back in the late 70's and 80's the team was supported regardless of how well the team was playing , what's wrong with the support nowadays that they only sing when the team's doing well?

I don't remember that being true at all.  I remember small attendances, booing the players throughout the game and booing the team off the park week in, week out.

Dr Ian Malcolm

We're just about in the ludicrous situation where any manager that loses to Hibs should apparently lose his job. As was pointed out earlier, the Hibs replay didn't help Cathro but Neilson was constantly hounded for letting it slip against them despite doing a good job overall.

If Levein can improve the squad a bit in January, gets us playing a bit better or least improves results and still loses narrowly to Hibs, where's the actual benefit of punting another manager after five months in the job? Okay you'll have folk referring back to him being DoF and certain failings there, but you can't then also want him out before he's been given a reasonable opportunity to rectify those.

Obviously the preference is to win both games which you would hope would afford him a fair bit more leeway.

24 minutes ago, Jam Tarts 1874 said:

I don't remember that being true at all.  I remember small attendances, booing the players throughout the game and booing the team off the park week in, week out.

Correct - painting current Hearts fans as poor supporters is just rubbish.  If the product on the park is pish then fans (of all Clubs) react accordingly!

17 minutes ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

We're just about in the ludicrous situation where any manager that loses to Hibs should apparently lose his job. As was pointed out earlier, the Hibs replay didn't help Cathro but Neilson was constantly hounded for letting it slip against them despite doing a good job overall.

If Levein can improve the squad a bit in January, gets us playing a bit better or least improves results and still loses narrowly to Hibs, where's the actual benefit of punting another manager after five months in the job? Okay you'll have folk referring back to him being DoF and certain failings there, but you can't then also want him out before he's been given a reasonable opportunity to rectify those.

Obviously the preference is to win both games which you would hope would afford him a fair bit more leeway.

Of course that would afford him massive leeway - lose and he's history!

Jam Tarts 1874
7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Correct - painting current Hearts fans as poor supporters is just rubbish.  If the product on the park is pish then fans (of all Clubs) react accordingly!

Indeed. 

It's hard to knock the current set of supporters in terms of the money that's been put in through FoH, the number of season tickets and the numbers turning up.

Section G The Place To Be
59 minutes ago, punkrockcroc said:

That’s not how I remember it from then. Have you forgot the time Mercer had to appeal for calm in front of the shed ? 

I remember scarves being being thrown on the trackside, and loud booing especially when Ormand then Moncur were in charge. 

The only new thing from a fans point of view is the amount of fans that are happy to accept shite without question has increased ten fold. Oh that and the snowflakes are now a blizzard at times. 

36 minutes ago, Jam Tarts 1874 said:

Yes so do I but there was still singing even though the team was pish, I even remember Willie Gibson being booed and he was the top goal scorer but with the new stand and better acoustics I don't want to listen to that lot.

45 minutes ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Its not just the losing to that lot. It’s been the manner in which we have played in derbies that fans are angry with. The way in which we have allowed that shower of shite to walk right over us. That lot have never had the upper hand since the 70’s even then it could be argued it was never on a par with our dominance over them. 

5 years ago this would never even have been a topic to crack a joke about let alone the fact it’s now fact they have the upper hand. 

This cup game is our season, not just because it’s Hibs it’s because as a club we should be looking at reaching cup finals and semi finals regularly. Something we did before Levein. We will not be winning titles or even challenging for them so the cups are our best chance for success and for making money. 

Jam Tarts 1874
6 minutes ago, punkrockcroc said:

Yes so do I but there was still singing even though the team was pish, I even remember Willie Gibson being booed and he was the top goal scorer but with the new stand and better acoustics I don't want to listen to that lot.

Yes, the singing was there sometimes.  We seemed to be much better at just randomly starting a chant or reacting to something on the pitch back then. 

Things were so bad that sometimes the loudest chants would be when the Police shuffled around the track to the Dixon of Dock Green stuff or a specky physio came on to the Joe 90. 

Happy days!  :smile:

1 minute ago, Jam Tarts 1874 said:

Yes, the singing was there sometimes.  We seemed to be much better at just randomly starting a chant or reacting to something on the pitch back then. 

Things were so bad that sometimes the loudest chants would be when the Police shuffled around the track to the Dixon of Dock Green stuff or a specky physio came on to the Joe 90. 

Happy days!  :smile:

Sometimes the best atmosphere and only excitement was playing frisbee in the shed with the coppers hat. ;) 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

And you have never made a mistake? At least he admits he got the Cathro hire wrong. If our managers get fired after every mistake we might as well just give a different FoH donator a shot at managing each weekends game. 

This. It highlights the bad side of social media.

3 minutes ago, Independence said:

This. It highlights the bad side of social media.

Is that right - I repeat - when did Levein actually "admit he got the Cathro hire wrong"?

18 minutes ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

That’s not how I remember it from then. Have you forgot the time Mercer had to appeal for calm in front of the shed ? 

I remember scarves being being thrown on the trackside, and loud booing especially when Ormand then Moncur were in charge. 

The only new thing from a fans point of view is the amount of fans that are happy to accept shite without question has increased ten fold. Oh that and the snowflakes are now a blizzard at times. 

Aye,l had forgot about that.

Dr Ian Malcolm
15 minutes ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

Its not just the losing to that lot. It’s been the manner in which we have played in derbies that fans are angry with. The way in which we have allowed that shower of shite to walk right over us. That lot have never had the upper hand since the 70’s even then it could be argued it was never on a par with our dominance over them. 

5 years ago this would never even have been a topic to crack a joke about let alone the fact it’s now fact they have the upper hand. 

This cup game is our season, not just because it’s Hibs it’s because as a club we should be looking at reaching cup finals and semi finals regularly. Something we did before Levein. We will not be winning titles or even challenging for them so the cups are our best chance for success and for making money. 

I get your first point, but you can't realistically expect Levein to lose his job based on how Neilson and Cathro did in these games.

Derbies tend, especially in recent decades, to go in cycles. We're currently in one where Hibs have a better side. Constantly changing the manager after one or two derbies isn't the way to go about regaining the upper hand.

I'm not sure being in different leagues has helped either mind - playing these games on a regular basis again will hopefully hammer home what is required.

It’s two months until we play them. How can recent results be deemed recent/previous form for a cup tie that is two months and a transfer window in the future?

There are two current form guides. Firstly our current form, and secondly our form recently against hibs. Neither of which currently suggest a win. If you read my post correctly you would notice I said if there were no new additions then I feared a loss.

Captain America

Few random things been said on this thread so far.

I like Wayne Foster and what the goal meant but best goal at Easter Road, have you heard of a a guy called Alim Ozturk? :tlj:

Another post stating Ryan McGowan's best thing he done in Maroon was defuse a volatile situation. 19th May 2012 ring any bells? :sergioyay:

Anyway on the subject at hand.

I predict we won't lose either of the next 2 derbies. Not sure we will win though. 

Lucille's Thirsty
16 minutes ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

Hibs have the upper hand right now but they don’t dominate us like we do to them, in this eight game unbeaten run the vermin haven’t dominated us at Tynie like we have done numerous times at ER. Their SC win has galvanised their entire club, where we seem to be just ebbing along which has manifested itself onto the pitch.

On the subject of making money, I feel as a club we are the most stable club Celtic aside on the business side of things. We regularly pull in 16K supporters every second week which will go up in the near future IMO. Plus £125,000 FOH each month. We aren’t short of a bob or two. Now that the stand in up and running we must see a shift in focus onto the playing style and recruitment which has been a shambles whilst the club focus on the stand.

The opening draws in the cup for us since 2012 have been absolutely horrific.

The odds of the last few years draws happening must be astronomical or is there more to it than that !!!.

So many small/junior teams out there early on and we constantly get Hibs, Celtic or Aberdeen.:huh2:.

The League Cup draws have been ***** as well apart from this year where we made a complete arse of ourselves.

Lucille's Thirsty
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The odds of the last few years draws happening must be astronomical or is there more to it than that !!!.

So many small/junior teams out there early on and we constantly get Hibs, Celtic or Aberdeen.:huh2:.

The League Cup draws have been ***** as well apart from this year where we made a complete arse of ourselves.

I’ve said it’s rigged obviously over exaggerating but the amount of times since we last won the SC the first draw we get when all bigger clubs enter always seems to be a bigger club straight out the bat, never later in the competition.

Whilst the old firm at the first stage of the SC get like a warm up game.

Nonsense, Craig Levein wanted another experimental appointment in Jon Daly AFTER the Cathro debacle! CL's view is that his model is working!

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Even then, it was Ibrox first knockout round.

1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

Nonsense, Craig Levein wanted another experimental appointment in Jon Daly AFTER the Cathro debacle! CL's view is that his model is working!

How do you know that CL wanted Daly after Cathro? Was he qoted saying that?

Bazzas right boot

I'd take anyone at home apart from the guardians of Scottish football.

When we beat hibs, I'll think the same

Home tie- good

Away tie-bad.

Hibs must have one of the worst records at Tynecastle , so they'll do nicely.

Over to Craig and the team

27 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

I'd take anyone at home apart from the guardians of Scottish football.

When we beat hibs, I'll think the same

Home tie- good

Away tie-bad.

Hibs must have one of the worst records at Tynecastle , so they'll do nicely.

Over to Craig and the team

Up until last year I thought exactly the same. Getting Hibs at home should be looked upon as a great draw for us. A home tie and putting out our main rivals at the same time. 

I actually think Hibs will come and play for a draw as they know if they get a replay they are almost certainly through. That’s what they did last season and I think Lennon will do the same again.

Its up to us to get on the front foot and get an early goal against them for a change

Jam Tarts 1874
3 hours ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

Sometimes the best atmosphere and only excitement was playing frisbee in the shed with the coppers hat. ;) 

Ha Ha!  Did that at Celtic Park during the Willie Johnston game - scenes!

5 hours ago, punkrockcroc said:

Not really disagreeing with you in principal, but different era and some of these songs would not be tolerated by a long shot now. 

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Up until last year I thought exactly the same. Getting Hibs at home should be looked upon as a great draw for us. A home tie and putting out our main rivals at the same time. 

I actually think Hibs will come and play for a draw as they know if they get a replay they are almost certainly through. That’s what they did last season and I think Lennon will do the same again.

Its up to us to get on the front foot and get an early goal against them for a change

My thoughts exactly. We need to get ahead and early on. He’ll come for the draw first and foremost absolutely 100% in the knowledge they’ll take us at home. 

However a Home tie against that mob is perfect to re-address matters 

4 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Agreed - nonsense.  None of us know that for a fact. It’s just speculation on the part of the Levein out campaign. 

The Old Tolbooth
On 11/21/2017 at 13:19, jack D and coke said:

I’d say it could be literally one of the most important matches of Levein’s career and he better realise it too. I’m not sure where all this talk of him not wanting the job or he doesn’t have it anymore etc all comes from but if any truth in it he needs to get up for this one.

It’s all over if he loses it I can’t see where he goes from that point. I’m not over the game yet when Robbie was in charge never mind the thought of this :lol: 

Ha ha, me neither mate! :D 

22 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Not really disagreeing with you in principal, but different era and some of these songs would not be tolerated by a long shot now. 

I think the main difference is that back then we didn't expect much. Hearts were run by amateurs and the young fans adopted a siege mentality. We'll support you evermore was actually meant when we sung it. Plus the hooligan aspect meant that, especially in away games, the football was secondary. Today the younger fans (and I don't want to sound an old fart) including my son and his mates haven't seen anything like as bad as we did and they react badly to stuff we would have been relatively pleased with.

The Old Tolbooth
On 11/21/2017 at 13:34, Thomaso said:

Not cutting him any slack???????  He is the guy totally responsible for that appalling Cathro appointment that has set the Club back on its heels!!

I know, I know....I'm not exactly overly chuffed at his performance as DoF either mate, in fact, I think it's been disastrous in parts, but he's back doing what he's best at again now, I just hope he gets it right! 

I've had a tremendous idea.  In order to encourage greater sponsorship, I think Scottish Cup ties should be announced by sponsors names rather than club names.

E.g. Save the Children v Marathonbet  ?

Cory McNamara

It's a great opportunity for the new stand, for Edinburgh city, for both parties. Levein can back on track. New year, new players, new possibilities. It's a good "money spinner" - as Robocup said.

It seems, that Original Hoops are not happy at all right now. All they have are calculations, chances and disbelief that it has happened.

History repeats.

On 21/11/2017 at 16:10, Thomaso said:

Is that right - I repeat - when did Levein actually "admit he got the Cathro hire wrong"?

"I made the decision last time to appoint Ian. Ann and the board listened to me, so its on me" 

That's what he said when pressed on the Cathro mistake in his opening interview after being reappointed. 

Not sure if mentioned already but the tie is 20/21 and there is no obvious replay date. The following 2 midweeks 23/24 and 30/31 both have SPL fixtures planned (we are away both weeks). The first free week is 6/7 Feb but too close to the next round on 10th Feb.

I know the cup take precedence however it’s bizarre to run the risk of a whole league card being wiped out at short notice if a handful of teams draw.

On 21/11/2017 at 20:16, 1971fozzy said:

My thoughts exactly. We need to get ahead and early on. He’ll come for the draw first and foremost absolutely 100% in the knowledge they’ll take us at home. 

However a Home tie against that mob is perfect to re-address matters 

Would certainly hope we can get ahead against them for a change. In that situation we cannot shut up shop against them too early and invite the pressure. Like the last but one cup tie...

4 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Would certainly hope we can get ahead against them for a change. In that situation we cannot shut up shop against them too early and invite the pressure. Like the last but one cup tie...

That's exactly what we would do.

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

That's exactly what we would do.

Have a horrible feeling you’re right. Our “game management” skills are absolute dugsh1te

Archived