Scottish Cup - 4th round draw : Hibs at home

Rab87

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you rather win this and lose the other 3 (maybe) league games to them or lose this but beat them in the other league games? 

I really don’t get the hate for Craig Levein on here , a bona fide Hearts legend . I certainly don’t remember this hatred when he was manager before . Back on topic Hibs are shite , they’ve always been shite and they always will be shite in fact they are the shite . Any Hearts fan scared of playing them is in my honest opinion a shitebag. Ps that’s a lot of shite ?

It’s a chance to put things right. That’s what I think. We have to win this one and a win would really give some belief and hope back. A draw and seriously fek going back there to the replay that’s for sure. A defeat and all hell  will break out from the stands.

FTH 

39 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Great draw.

Wee team at home, just up from 3 years in the championship.  We couldn't have asked for a better draw if being tied with another SPL team at home.

lets do this, HHGH

Did you copy and paste this from last years thread? Or the previous year? 

17 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Would you rather win this and lose the other 3 (maybe) league games to them or lose this but beat them in the other league games? 

Neither of those scenarios would be acceptable for me. However, the league wins scenario would wipe out their current lead over us.

2 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

So so many on kickback seem deluded on this and our general ability/form. Really hope we reflect on the last two cup ties with them and learn our lessons.

43 minutes ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

Aye because their 3 years in the championship really made a difference in the last game or worse the last 8 games against them. :facepalm: 

The day that I worry about Hibs is the day I give up.  This is a different game, we're at home and they are the most hyped up team in the league.

bring it ****ing on.

20 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

No.  Only on JKB do you get questioned for supporting your club.  It's more acceptable to praise Hibs than what we are doing and looking forward to thumping them is seen as delusional.

ive see Hearts thump Hibs for years and often with worse teams than the one we have just now.  The last 8 games changes none of that, they are and always will be the wee team and folk need to stop acting like we've drawn Barcelona and ****ing grow a set.

I think we'll batter the filthy *****. Arsenal pumping Spurs on Saturday suggests to me that derby results are set to return to normal after an inexplicable blip. A weird planetary alignment or something. Whatever it was, it will pass and be remembered only as the inspiration for season 3 of Stranger Things. Meanwhile, we'll go back to routinely pumping the wee team, because it's what we do. Soon we'll be scratching our heads, trying to figure out whether the money spinning replays were all a bad dream, and whether Lennon's teeth ever really existed.

It's up to the players, officials and the fans to win the game but sadly too many fearties on this board. I remember a guy at work refused to go to the final in 2012 as he said imagine coming back along the M8 if we lose. Some people just shouldn't call themselves fans. I was at every disappointment from 1965 to 1996 but kept the faith. HHGH

13 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

No.  Only on JKB do you get questioned for supporting your club.  It's more acceptable to praise Hibs than what we are doing and looking forward to thumping them is seen as delusional.

ive see Hearts thump Hibs for years and often with worse teams than the one we have just now.  The last 8 games changes none of that, they are and always will be the wee team and folk need to stop acting like we've drawn Barcelona and ****ing grow a set.

I have seen poor Hearts sides beat Hibs. But I have never witnessed Hearts sides meekly surrender to Hibs in the manner this lot have of late 

The last replay was far worse than 6-2 imo as at least that was a decent Hibs side. This current Hibs side are very far from being a good side. But their energy guts and endeavour appears to do for us everytime. 

They absolutely love playing us in a manner akin to how we loved playing them for decades. If CL can't redress the balance he is going to suffer big time 

We will need good reinforcements in January cos we ain't winning this game with a midfield continually overrun by them.

If he signs a decent quality of player in January with an attitude to match then we have a chance. Cowie and Callachan in midfield won't cut it though 

Maroon Sailor
8 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I know this has no context to what you said, tosh, but I'm sure Hearts were top of the league when Tommy Walker got sacked. (Hope my memory is not playing tricks haha)

One thing the draw has confirmed for me. Namely, that there are people in our support I'd never want to share a trench with. 

Would you ever want to share a trench with these Hearts players, you know the ones that can actually do something about beating Hibs.

Maroon Sailor

It's alright people on here losing their shit over this game but the reality is this is a very poor Hearts team playing absolutely shit football.

Section G The Place To Be
37 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

The day that I worry about Hibs is the day I give up.  This is a different game, we're at home and they are the most hyped up team in the league.

bring it ****ing on.

You must be a Johnny come lately then if you can’t remember the other home games against them in the last 4 years. Especially the cup tie where we were 2-0 up and cruising. With I’ll add a better team than we have now imo and they had a worse team than they have now.

like your optimism but it is very misguided  and delusional, there’s optimism and downright stupidity. 

1 hour ago, gerryjambo41 said:

I really don’t get the hate for Craig Levein on here , a bona fide Hearts legend . I certainly don’t remember this hatred when he was manager before .

He wasn't sh1t before.

DMs will becoming oot of the loft if we get beat by these vermin ridden Serfs three times before the end of January.

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

There is a difference between supporting our club and just spouting utter nonsense, based upon nothing remotely resembling reality.  

26 minutes ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

You must be a Johnny come lately then if you can’t remember the other home games against them in the last 4 years. Especially the cup tie where we were 2-0 up and cruising. With I’ll add a better team than we have now imo and they had a worse team than they have now.

like your optimism but it is very misguided  and delusional, there’s optimism and downright stupidity. 

Ha Ha, the stock response, I must be delusional because my opinion doesn't match yours.  

Jonny come lately?  Good one, I've been going to Tynie since 1982.  

3 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

There is a difference between supporting our club and just spouting utter nonsense, based upon nothing remotely resembling reality.  

Indeed and you've just proven your own point

1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

Ha Ha, the stock response, I must be delusional because my opinion doesn't match yours.  

Mate. You know what. In some ways you are right. There isn't anything special about Hibs at the moment. They are average in this league.

The problem is 3-fold though.

1. They are able to raise their game massively for derbies. Mind when we used to do that and beat even their good sides comfortably ?

2. We've not been raising our game for derbies since we came out of admin. The opposite some would say. Cant remember the last derby we actually turned up for.

3. We're a poor side. We've got maybe 3 players who would get in their team at the moment. That doesn't mean they are great. Theyre not. But we're shite.

10 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

You were still swimming around in yer faithers nutsack when I was going to Tynecastle. It doesn’t make my opinion that you speak nonsense irrelevant Neither does the length of service of being a Jambo mean anything. 

12 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

DMs will becoming oot of the loft if we get beat by these vermin ridden Serfs three times before the end of January.

Might have to do our fighting off the pitch not sure we can rely on this team to fight for us on it.

Some real deluded posts on this upcoming game. If we do not strengthen our team, then I see no realistic chance of beating them. When judging any sporting event it is wise to check the previous form. Ours is one point out of twelve including Killie & Partick.

Our recent performances against them are the most insipid I have witnessed in over 50 years. Why all of a sudden we have become frightened to play them is a mystery. Our demeanour from kick off is to retreat. This can only be down to the Managements instructions.

Unless we bring in quality players before the Cup game, and have a Manager that inspires the team then I cannot see us winning. Of course, the form book will be updated before the cup game, lets hope we are not heading for nothing out of ten........

1 minute ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

You were still swimming around on yer faithers nutsack when I was going to Tynecastle. It doesn’t make my opinion that you speak nonsense irrelevant? Neither does the length of service of being a Jambo mean anything. 

Indeed, so why mention the term Johnny come lately?  

Mate, you're making a ***** of yourself, put the pint down and sleep it off

5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Mate. You know what. In some ways you are right. There isn't anything special about Hibs at the moment. They are average in this league.

The problem is 3-fold though.

1. They are able to raise their game massively for derbies. Mind when we used to do that and beat even their good sides comfortably ?

2. We've not been raising our game for derbies since we came out of admin. The opposite some would say. Cant remember the last derby we actually turned up for.

3. We're a poor side. We've got maybe 3 players who would get in their team at the moment. That doesn't mean they are great. Theyre not. But we're shite.

I don't disagree mate, they will be a threat, no doubt about that.

their current hold over us began with a last gasp equalizer in the first cup game.  Had they not got that, they wouldn't have got a replay and gone on to win the cup.  What's to say that we won't redress the balance starting with the upcoming league and cup games?  I'd take a jammy 1-0 win right now.

the point is that it's Hibs we're talking about, and we are more than capable to beating them, especially at home.  We need to start beating them again and there is not time like the present.

Just now, Finlay James said:

Indeed, so why mention the term Johnny come lately?  

Mate, you're making a ***** of yourself, put the pint down and sleep it off

The term Johnny come lately was used in relevance to you not remembering the previous 8 results against that mob either that Or your delusional state of mind. 

You our have no basis whatsoever other than blind faith that we’ll win or that we’re a better team than them. As previous games have shown they have been the better team. And as much as i detest the absolute vile piece of bigoted filth, popcorn teeth has had them more up for games than CL or anyone else for that matter. 

Now I will be more than happy to reverse my opinion and feel more confident IF and it’s a huge IF we actually buy 3 or 4 good quality players in January in time for the cup game. 

Confidence will be sky high after winning the next 5 from 6 league games before meeting them on 27/12. 

A convincing win that night gives me no doubt of a convincing win on the day of the Scottish cup tie. 

Normal service resumed eh?

Hmmmmm.... :rolleyes2:

16 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Hibs have won 4 out of 30 Edinburgh Derbies at Tynecastle since 2000. 

This is thing we need to remember. They hate coming to Tynie.

We should've won both of the ties at home that we subsequently lost at ER. This time we need to ensure we win the game with the home advantage - no excuses.

1 hour ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

So it's down right stupid to think we can win this tie ?

ffs of course we can , its not Celtic . Some clowns on here need to have a serious word with themselves, it's s tricky tie bit winnable for sure. 

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

You must be a Johnny come lately then if you can’t remember the other home games against them in the last 4 years. Especially the cup tie where we were 2-0 up, playing shite and effectively down to ten men after getting booted up and down the park all day. With I’ll add a better team than we have now imo and they had a worse team than they have now.

FTFY.

Hibs are playing as well as they can manage just now, we can only get better. Bring them on. Tramps.

If they pump us out of the SC again there will be absolutely no way back for Levein.

46 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I don't disagree mate, they will be a threat, no doubt about that.

their current hold over us began with a last gasp equalizer in the first cup game.  Had they not got that, they wouldn't have got a replay and gone on to win the cup.  What's to say that we won't redress the balance starting with the upcoming league and cup games?  I'd take a jammy 1-0 win right now.

the point is that it's Hibs we're talking about, and we are more than capable to beating them, especially at home.  We need to start beating them again and there is not time like the present.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that we cant and shouldn't go into this game fearing them. It doesn't matter a toss that a substantial number of fans think we'll struggle to beat them. We don't play and our influence on the result is negligible. We cant have a single player or coach entertaining that thought though. Its precisely that attitude of fear that we've been taking onto the pitch, makes us far too cautious and gives them the upper hand. Even the 2-2 cup game, they dominated it and we were astonished to be 2-0 up at half time. Doesn't really matter that much when they scored, it had been coming all game long if we are honest.

Getting beat having given it every drop of sweat and effort and determination and getting right in their faces(like they've been doing to us lately) is going to be easier to deal with than getting beat because we feared them, stood off them, admired them, tried to counteract every perceived threat. That's no way to approach a derby and that's how we've been approaching them for the last 3 or 4 years.

Got to stop or there is 2 more defeats coming in quick succession.

The Old Tolbooth
18 hours ago, Simo said:

That's just not even true.

Robbie left through his own choosing 9 months or so after losing to Hibs and having done a very good job despite some cretins blaming him for Hibs winning the cup.

The Hibs game no doubt didn't help Cathro but he was bulleted because he was an all round disaster.

On topic: We're shite but people realise it's Hibs not Real Madrid we've drawn aye. It'll be a tight game and could go either way but we have to beat them again sometime. Tynie will be rocking for sure and I strangely fancy our chances despite recent form. Obv hoping we'll have a few new players by then too mind...

To be honest, both managers losing to Hibs had signed their own death warrant in my opinion, because after Robbie lost to them, the fans started to turn, and the fans were already turning when Cathro lost to them, our fans have a reputation for doing that, and if CL loses this one, then they'll turn on him the same, it's the nature of the beast, especially when a lot of fans are not cutting CL any slack already. 

2 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

To be honest, both managers losing to Hibs had signed their own death warrant in my opinion, because after Robbie lost to them, the fans started to turn, and the fans were already turning when Cathro lost to them, our fans have a reputation for doing that, and if CL loses this one, then they'll turn on him the same, it's the nature of the beast, especially when a lot of fans are not cutting CL any slack already. 

:spoton:

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

I’d say it could be literally one of the most important matches of Levein’s career and he better realise it too. I’m not sure where all this talk of him not wanting the job or he doesn’t have it anymore etc all comes from but if any truth in it he needs to get up for this one.

It’s all over if he loses it I can’t see where he goes from that point. I’m not over the game yet when Robbie was in charge never mind the thought of this :lol: 

Lucille's Thirsty

This is a chance for us to get a bit of revenge, we have them twice at Tynie inside a month if we can’t beat them in one of those two games the tide has turned completely in Hibs favour.

They haven’t beaten us at Tynie in this unbeaten run. It’s a great draw but I would like these type of matches to happen later on in the competition.

39 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

Not cutting him any slack???????  He is the guy totally responsible for that appalling Cathro appointment that has set the Club back on its heels!!

5 hours ago, Spencer said:

I have seen poor Hearts sides beat Hibs. But I have never witnessed Hearts sides meekly surrender to Hibs in the manner this lot have of late 

The last replay was far worse than 6-2 imo as at least that was a decent Hibs side. This current Hibs side are very far from being a good side. But their energy guts and endeavour appears to do for us everytime. 

They absolutely love playing us in a manner akin to how we loved playing them for decades. If CL can't redress the balance he is going to suffer big time 

We will need good reinforcements in January cos we ain't winning this game with a midfield continually overrun by them.

If he signs a decent quality of player in January with an attitude to match then we have a chance. Cowie and Callachan in midfield won't cut it though 

Not sure how you can can say ‘this lot’ in relation to last years replay. At least 8 of Saturday’s starting 11 didn’t play in last years replay. At least get some sense or  rationale into your rants. Different Manager next time a# welll 

4 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

Some real deluded posts on this upcoming game. If we do not strengthen our team, then I see no realistic chance of beating them. When judging any sporting event it is wise to check the previous form. Ours is one point out of twelve including Killie & Partick.

Our recent performances against them are the most insipid I have witnessed in over 50 years. Why all of a sudden we have become frightened to play them is a mystery. Our demeanour from kick off is to retreat. This can only be down to the Managements instructions.

Unless we bring in quality players before the Cup game, and have a Manager that inspires the team then I cannot see us winning. Of course, the form book will be updated before the cup game, lets hope we are not heading for nothing out of ten........

It’s two months until we play them. How can recent results be deemed recent/previous form for a cup tie that is two months and a transfer window in the future?

Craig Levein will not be sacked if he loses against hibs there's no chance of that happening, with 2 games against these *****  and the other ***** (Celtic) coming up our fans will have to sing (and loudly) for the the full 90 minutes not just the 3 songs that were sung against Partick  because they will.

18 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Not cutting him any slack???????  He is the guy totally responsible for that appalling Cathro appointment that has set the Club back on its heels!!

And you have never made a mistake? At least he admits he got the Cathro hire wrong. If our managers get fired after every mistake we might as well just give a different FoH donator a shot at managing each weekends game. 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not sure how you can can say ‘this lot’ in relation to last years replay. At least 8 of Saturday’s starting 11 didn’t play in last years replay. At least get some sense or  rationale into your rants. Different Manager next time a# welll 

OK.  I'll use our game last month to bring some rationale to my post shall I

We were a ****ing disgrace that night too and that was under Levein 

He needs to win on 19/1/2018 or he is bang in trouble 

Archived