Scottish Cup - 4th round draw : Hibs at home

Rab87

At the end of the day hibs don't win at Tynie. Doesn't matter how shit we are, 4 wins in 30 or something like that. Place will be rocking, there derby bubble would have been burst after we beat them on December the 27th as well. Don't care what state we are in, always love a derby home or away, the build up, the day/night and most of the time the result! FTH 

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

If Levein can get 3rd place this season I'll happily forgive a cup defeat to a team above us. 

He won't though. He won't be 4th either and it wouldn't be a surprise for him to be bottom 6. Ignoring the derby cup tie for a minute.

If he finishes bottom 6 he has to go. Or will you just blame Cathro or the new main stand  and lurch on your merry way towards the season after.

Stop referring to fellow Hearts fans with a different view as 'shitebags' People that do that look like superior uberfan arseholes.

Stop calling people shitebags because if you do you're an arsehole ?

C'mon, bud, a bit contradictory, no ?

I was passing the Lorne bar at tea time and they were already celebrating the draw singing cheer up craig Levein.

keep the powder dry they proved this season they are no world beaters and despite the warrior poets waxing lyrical about their styleHamilton ,Aberdeen and St Johnstone have taken full points from the echodome this season.

8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

If Levein is still in place come January 21st then effectively the Hibs cup tie will be a win-or-go for him. It puts a finite timescale on not only his rein but on the entire structure of the football dept . He simply wouldn't be able to survive having been in overall charge of a team that has lost 3 home cup ties to Hibs in consecutive seasons. Cathro came under pressure after less than 3 months in the job after losing to Hibs. Levein will be out of the club if he doesn't win this one. 

Really? What if we go on a run in the league before then? It’s only mid nov.

some folk seem to be already gearing up for another neilson sitiation where we’re doIng fine in the league but one cup tie somehow negates all that. Where do they find the energy? It’s a weird way to support your team.

if your irst thought on hearing this draw is that it’s all about levein’s future you’ve got issues. A derby is a cracking tie to look forward to not make it all about the manager.

2 minutes ago, Fintry_Jambo said:

At the end of the day hibs don't win at Tynie. Doesn't matter how shit we are, 4 wins in 30 or something like that. Place will be rocking, there derby bubble would have been burst after we beat them on December the 27th as well. Don't care what state we are in, always love a derby home or away, the build up, the day/night and most of the time the result! FTH 

To be perfectly honest, i'm looking forward to the night League game because that WILL be rocking. Once TV get their grubby hands on the Cup game, it will be Sundaay at noon or some pish like that.

44 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Excellent post. The person shouting loudest for investment in the team between now and January will be CL. He will know exactly what defeat will mean. 

Spot on. He played in lots of derbies, several being very high octane. He even scored in a couple of them. If he can’t get investment in and get the players up for this then it could be Cheerio as there could easily be a massive backlash from the support.

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, dode said:

I was passing the Lorne bar at tea time and they were already celebrating the draw singing cheer up craig Levein.

keep the powder dry they proved this season they are no world beaters and despite the warrior poets waxing lyrical about their styleHamilton ,Aberdeen and St Johnstone have taken full points from the echodome this season.

The Lorne Bar? the one that closed years ago, Now Bar Boda? Bar Boda that has as many fitba fans in it as a phone box?

That Lorne Bar? Singing Hibs songs at teatime? 

AYE?

We all know a bloke in the pub who repeats the same story over and over again. Everybody ends up ignoring him.

This thread is littered with that bloke.

3 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Really? What if we go on a run in the league before then? It’s only mid nov.

some folk seem to be already gearing up for another neilson sitiation where we’re doIng fine in the league but one cup tie somehow negates all that. Where do they find the energy?

You've watched us recently I assume. Like live in the flesh watched us aye ?

If you have, at any stage of any game in the last month or so have we looked remotely like a team who will go 'on a run' ?

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

We all know a bloke in the pub who repeats the same story over and over again. Everybody ends up ignoring him.

image.jpeg.80e453ec3158139d404731af30d520df.jpeg

10 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Do we really need to have yet another thread full of your boringly predictable pish? Repeating yourself over and over and over...

Give it a rest, man.

On that basis, his posts mirror the team right now...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

They’re shite, shame we’re 10x worse.

Sadly accurate.......for the moment 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

On that basis, his posts mirror the team right now...

At least I harbour hope for us though...

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

To be perfectly honest, i'm looking forward to the night League game because that WILL be rocking. Once TV get their grubby hands on the Cup game, it will be Sundaay at noon or some pish like that.

Correct and probably wont sell out in that case.

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Thats true actually. I put you on ignore months ago.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Delighted with this draw.

Third time lucky is my motto and it usually works.

:fth:

Same here Morgan.  I've been working myself into a bit of a lather at some of these posters who say we are 10 times worse than Hibs 

We simply can't keep underperforming.  Too many good players for that.  They will be monumental underdogs for the cup game because they are not Hearts.  They are a scummy wee outfit from Pilrig.

AlphonseCapone

How can anyone not be buzzing for another derby, at Tynecastle Park nonetheless? Looks like our fans have lost it as much as the club.

Folk saying it is make and break for Levein as well, the stereotypical modern age want it all immediately fan mindset.

Just now, Escobar PHM said:

Thats true actually. I put you on ignore months ago.

Still felt the need to reply though.

You really are a strange chap.

5 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Spot on. He played in lots of derbies, several being very high octane. He even scored in a couple of them. If he can’t get investment in and get the players up for this then it could be Cheerio as there could easily be a massive backlash from the support.

I dont think (for financial reasons) he would be sacked if we lost, however any goodwill with the fans most certainly would be gone. He cannot afford that if he wishes to remain at our club, as DoF/Director/whatever. 

Ann could do without yet another derby cup defeat and I am sure her business excellence will result in her freeing up some money in January. Unless one of the executive suites requires a higher quality of painting, that is. 

7 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

You've watched us recently I assume. Like live in the flesh watched us aye ?

If you have, at any stage of any game in the last month or so have we looked remotely like a team who will go 'on a run' ?

Yes and no but then one of our best ever runs started after a terrible run of form. Thats football. I mean why even bother turning up if you’re that pessimistic?

Just now, luckydug said:

Correct and probably wont sell out in that case.

No, it probably will sell out regardless of how the League game pans out. The last Cup game had a strange, low key atmosphere. That's not all down to TV but playing a game at Sunday lunchtime isn't going to be the same as a night game....when everyone has had a good drink ! 

25 minutes ago, JamboFulton said:

Best memory of him playing in maroon was him jumping around pretending to box  after a bit of handbags between Stevo (I think) and an opposition player. Can’t really remember what lead to it, just Ryan acting foolish to defuse any potential situation ?

Jamie Mac was the other Hearts player. 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Delighted with this draw.

Third time lucky is my motto and it usually works.

:fth:

Same here Morgan.  I've been working myself into a bit of a lather at some of these posters who say we are 10 times worse than Hibs 

We simply can't keep underperforming.  Too many good players for that.  They will be monumental underdogs for the cup game because they are not Hearts.  They are a scummy wee outfit from Pilrig.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

If Levein can get 3rd place this season I'll happily forgive a cup defeat to a team above us. 

He won't though. He won't be 4th either and it wouldn't be a surprise for him to be bottom 6. Ignoring the derby cup tie for a minute, If he finishes bottom 6 he has to go. Or will you just blame Cathro or the new main stand  and lurch on your merry way towards the season after with Levein carrying on as a proven failure.

By the way. Stop referring to fellow Hearts fans with a different view as 'shitebags' People that do that look like superior uberfan arseholes.

If you are scared of being drawn hibs in the cup- at home , you are shite bag, Hearts fan or not.

Most of these folk are the ones that have a dig at Hearts and CL for having no fight or bottle and have already thrown the towel in- definition of shite bag, IMO.

4th will be between hibs, Motherwell us, and St Johnstone. None of them are that good we can't finish above them. Aberdeen and Rangers are. 

If he's bottom six I think he'll be gone.

2 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I dont think (for financial reasons) he would be sacked if we lost, however any goodwill with the fans most certainly would be gone. He cannot afford that if he wishes to remain at our club, as DoF/Director/whatever. 

Ann could do without yet another derby cup defeat and I am sure her business excellence will result in her freeing up some money in January. Unless one of the executive suites requires a higher quality of painting, that is. 

There is no way this situation can be glossed over.:lol:

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Image result for australian man covered in bubb;es

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

There is no way this situation can be glossed over.:lol:

This could finish Levein. May need to get his coat.

14 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

So one minute your concerned on finance and debt but now you say she should free up money.

Unless we can spend the gate receipts for the game we wont be doing huge business i fancy.

It’ll be one in and one out.

4 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

If you are scared of being drawn hibs in the cup- at home , you are shite bag, Hearts fan or not.

Most of these folk are the ones that have a dig at Hearts and CL for having no fight or bottle and have already thrown the towel in- definition of shite bag, IMO.

4th will be between hibs, Motherwell us, and St Johnstone. None of them are that good we can't finish above them. Aberdeen and Rangers are. 

If he's bottom six I think he'll be gone.

Moult will gone or half way out the door after January. Tommy Wright is batting his eyes at Northern Ireland. There are whispers of Lennon being in line for the Eire job (and he’s quite smart at knowing to leave jobs when his stock is quite high). McInnes is being linked with every fairly high profle job and McLean is leaving them in January. And Rangers are just a mess from top to bottom.

We have problems on the park but they’re not insurmountable and other clubs in the mix for top 4 will have their own things to deal.

15 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Still felt the need to reply though.

You really are a strange chap.

Possibly, but Ive got a sense of humour, unlike...............

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Unless it gets brushed under the carpet.

It's all just papering over the cracks anyway.

30 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Do we really need to have yet another thread full of your boringly predictable pish? Repeating yourself over and over and over...

Give it a rest, man.

Hiya. Was wondering when you would pitch up. Nobody asked you to respond! Pleasure as always to read your knowledgeable musings and interesting points. Most Hearts fans agree with my sentiments entirely, check out the responses. Again my apologies that it's all too much for your sensitive little soul to comprehend. 

5 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

So one minute your concerned on finance and debt but now you say she should free up money.

Unless we can spend the gate receipts for the game we wont be doing huge business i fancy.

I have posted that a balance is required. I do not believe that ST holders will once again renew following yet another awful season simply because they can sit in/look at a new stand. The football team also needs to be ok. 

Stephane Grappelli
47 minutes ago, Morgan said:

They’re far too cocky tonight already.

They need a proper reminder of the fact that no Hearts fan has an ounce of respect for them.

They need done twice in quick succession.

Bang on the money there mate.

When's the replay? Having been to the last two I want to make sure I've got something else arranged. 

12 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Good because  there’s likely to be 6 or 7 going

1 hour ago, Morlich said:

Season defining? Undoubtedly 

Levein defining? Probably 

Regime defining? Possibly 

Personally, I'd rather it had been different, but we've 8 weeks to get sorted out. Bring it on.  

It's only season defining if we lose. We win we'll likely get dumped out by Celtic in the next round.

5 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Let's be honest, this is a disastrous draw.

How can a guy with the user name Rudi be so scared of Hibs! That’s just wrong.

2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Hiya. Was wondering when you would pitch up. Nobody asked you to respond! Pleasure as always to read your knowledgeable musings and interesting points. Most Hearts fans agree with my sentiments entirely, check out the responses. Again my apologies that it's all too much for your sensitive little soul to comprehend. 

How we have reacted to adversity is a credit to us. Let's leave it there and get behind it. The point here is move on, or wallow in self pity. 

2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

How we have reacted to adversity is a credit to us. Let's leave it there and get behind it. The point here is move on, or wallow in self pity. 

2 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

How can a guy with the user name Rudi be so scared of Hibs! That’s just wrong.

We were different when gods like Rudi Skacel were playing for us, I would be absolutely buzzing at this draw and would be at peak excitement levels. All of that has been sucked out of me, I'd rather we just went out to some beige team like Dundee as I cannot stand losing to Hibs.

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

It's only season defining if we lose. We win we'll likely get dumped out by Celtic in the next round.

That first sentence is the big one to ponder. Is it a defining game ? Surely it can only be defining if people think we can win the cup this season.

Yes ? No ? Or is it because it's Hibs ? 

Archived