Scottish Cup - 4th round draw : Hibs at home

Rab87

16 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Don't forget the Fozzy on the fence match - Hibs were big favourites to beat us.

I'm not saying there's not been instances over the years where the unfancied side has won, but during our dominant years we were just the better side for most of that period and we showed that in derbies.

Of course there's been times when the teams have been closer and the pendulum could swing either way,  but in alot of those matches our engrained desire to fight for the maroon jersey seen us through. (A bit like the Fozzie match :thumbsup: )

At at the moment though our will to win doesn't live up to the standards we expect in a Hearts jersey. 

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

Its a huge test for him but Ann Budge as well. If there was any sense that they could just muddle through January, papering over the cracks todays draw ends that (or at least should). If we fail to beat Hibs for the 3rd consecutive season and for the 4th time in 5 seasons in the cup coupled with our atrocious league form then Tynecastle will be half empty for try remainder of the 2017-18 season. And Levein's Hearts career will be dead and buried along with that of his merry band of coaches. If he has any ambition to see his structure and model work he has to find a way lift himself and the squad to win this cup tie. 

I couldn't agree more. His credibility is on the line and he knows it.  

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You underestimate the loyalty of the Hearts support. Except for yourself of course.

We are having a hard time of it but that is no reason to pack it in.

WE SOMETIMES GO DOON BUT WE AYE COME BACK UP

Maybe January will see us come back up.

I dont underestimate the loyalty of the Hearts support at all. I generally laud the Hearts supports incredible ability to get over disappointment and forgive some of the abysmal performances and results we have been subjected to. You however are completely deluding yourself if you don't realise this game is not only huge for the immediate future of Levein and his band of coaches but also for the general goodwill which STILL remains amongst our support for the off field progress that has been made. Yesterday's crowd, however it's dressed up was massively disappointing but it is entirely indicative of where things are headed without on field progress. In the short term defeat in the Scottish Cup, AGAIN, to Hibs is unthinkable. There will be thousands of empty seats in Tynecastle, whether seats have been bought or otherwise should we get knocked out the cup to them. This is a massive game for our club, much bigger for us than them in fact. We need several signings, perhaps even the likes of McGinn immediately so that we are ready. One thing Levein isn't is stupid, he will know exactly what's at stake for him personally. 

35 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Depends, say we are sitting 3rd or 4th in the league, the tie won't decide cl's future

If we are where we are at just now, it might be the end of him.

No Hearts manager who is sitting above 5th is getting sacked for losing a cup tie to hibs, no matter how much stamping the feet, crying and spitting feathers some fans do.

You really are deluded in your thinking mate. How on earth with a team that can’t beat the bottom sides in the league going to be in 3rd or 4th place by the time we play the Scottish cup tie??? We are miles behind in terms of points and ability from the teams that are in they positions at the moment. Do you think we are miraculously going to win say 4 or 5 games in a row coupled with the other teams losing to allow us to catch up!!  The sooner we realise and admit how bad we are the sooner we can start to put it right. 

8 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That's called having the Indian sign over them.

Did you watch Sandy Clark's Hearts team ? Fecking dire and Hibs battered Hearts that day.

The first half was even. The second half we were bad until Gary Mackay's pass for Fossie to score the best goal ever seen at Easter Road.

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Delighted with this draw.

Third time lucky is my motto and it usually works.

:fth:

Yeah that shower are long over due a pumping from us. How fit is MDV looking these days? It will be televised too no doubt so it will be nice to see us piss all over them once again.

Great opportunity to ram it right up them. 2 matches within a few weeks at a full tynecastle against the myth making slavers. Couldn't ask for a better chance to get back to the status quo we have all enjoyed for decade's. 

38 minutes ago, Victorian said:

You can't get revenge on these mutants unless you play them.    And the day I shite it for a game against the shite will be the day I hack off my own knackers with a rusty spoon.     

This. Some see it as a chance to piss, moan and get shite up their backs. I see it as an opportunity for revenge and make up for that debacle at ER last season. 

FTH

38 minutes ago, Victorian said:

You can't get revenge on these mutants unless you play them.    And the day I shite it for a game against the shite will be the day I hack off my own knackers with a rusty spoon.     

If the team showed the passion and desire of the fans there would not be a problem However, the current bunch I have no faith in (along with our "Manager")

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, rick witter said:

You really are deluded in your thinking mate. How on earth with a team that can’t beat the bottom sides in the league going to be in 3rd or 4th place by the time we play the Scottish cup tie??? We are miles behind in terms of points and ability from the teams that are in they positions at the moment. Do you think we are miraculously going to win say 4 or 5 games in a row coupled with the other teams losing to allow us to catch up!!  The sooner we realise and admit how bad we are the sooner we can start to put it right. 

I think folk over estimate hibs, Motherwell and St Johnstone more than anything else tbh.

Our injuries are clearing, we'll sign a couple in Jan and we have home games, all positives imo.

Time will tell.

3 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

If the team showed the passion and desire of the fans there would not be a problem However, the current bunch I have no faith in (along with our "Manager")

I agree. That's the supporters wi baws, not the big girl's blouses on here. The players will be told at the match if they don't shape up. Or they better had !

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Zico said:

This. Some see it as a chance to piss, moan and get shite up their backs. I see it as an opportunity for revenge and make up for that debacle at ER last season. 

FTH

Lol.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

There's a number of fans on here already gave up and are cowering at the thought of hibs.

The team does show more passion than these fans and cl has more passion in his left nut sack than these folk.

Talent is a bit lacking, but injuries clearing up, a bit confidence and  a January window will help that, added to the fact that playing hibs at home is a decent draw.

11 minutes ago, Zico said:

FTH

Amen brother

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

I dont underestimate the loyalty of the Hearts support at all. I generally laud the Hearts supports incredible ability to get over disappointment and forgive some of the abysmal performances and results we have been subjected to. You however are completely deluding yourself if you don't realise this game is not only huge for the immediate future of Levein and his band of coaches but also for the general goodwill which STILL remains amongst our support for the off field progress that has been made. Yesterday's crowd, however it's dressed up was massively disappointing but it is entirely indicative of where things are headed without on field progress. In the short term defeat in the Scottish Cup, AGAIN, to Hibs is unthinkable. There will be thousands of empty seats in Tynecastle, whether seats have been bought or otherwise should we get knocked out the cup to them. This is a massive game for our club, much bigger for us than them in fact. We need several signings, perhaps even the likes of McGinn immediately so that we are ready. One thing Levein isn't is stupid, he will know exactly what's at stake for him personally. 

Sorry didn't mean to give the impression of complacency. Of course it is a huge game but it is a cup tie against a decent side so defeat is a possibility. I dont think the fans would desert the club in the numbers you suggest. More likely folk would turn up and make their voices heard to the board. It is going to be a fan owned club eventually so whats the point of the fans turning their back on it.

We have got the stadium sorted. Now lets get to work on the team. One or two badly needed signings in the window notably in midfield could turn this side around.

I dont think things are as black as you make out but we do need some serious sign of intent from our management.

Brauhauser2012
15 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

No wonder Hibs have the upper hand, their team smells fear playing against us! And that comes off our fans! The day I’m scared of playing Hibs is the day I stop supporting Heart of Midlothian football club. Get a grip!!

Garbage. There's nothing wrong with the Hearts supporters and we' wouldn't still have a club without them and their efforts.. When the men on the park start acting like Gary McKay of old and put heart and soul into our games that's when we move forward. He may not of been our most talented player but for sheer effort and determination he gets full marks. The supporters have had a difficult time recently and the players owe us.

16 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Excellent post. The person shouting loudest for investment in the team between now and January will be CL. He will know exactly what defeat will mean. 

17 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

No wonder Hibs have the upper hand, their team smells fear playing against us! And that comes off our fans! The day I’m scared of playing Hibs is the day I stop supporting Heart of Midlothian football club. Get a grip!!

Your spot on mate, our fans have Lost the plot towards the hibs, watch how Many tickets become available for sale when the gamę nears

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

Get a grip m8 and man up   They very  rarely  beat us a Tynecastle, this is exactly what we need .

Once in eight-and-a-half years, I believe

Ok, it’s maybe not the soft draw we wanted  and I know the team is poor at the moment but why should we fear or feel inferior to them? The eleven on the park need to grow a pair and get stuck right in about them! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The lack of passion at the moment is staggeringly bad all round.

We all need to pull the finger out.

But a team that plays as it did against Aberdeen would help greatly. 

Give us something to believe in ffs

1 minute ago, ElGee1973 said:

Ok, it’s maybe not the soft draw we wanted  and I know the team is poor at the moment but why should we fear or feel inferior to them? The eleven on the park need to grow a pair and get stuck right in about them! 

Just a wee bit quality and belief wouldn't go a miss either.

31 minutes ago, bigmack said:

i'm sure this is the first game after the winter break,would any January signings play before the cup game?

We have no January games before the Cup game. The only way they could be unavailable would be if cup-tied.

36 minutes ago, bigmack said:

i'm sure this is the first game after the winter break,would any January signings play before the cup game?

33 minutes ago, scabber said:

No the last game before the cup is Aberdeen away at the end of dec

Eh?

When is the winter break then?  :unsure:

Edit: Sorry, misunderstood your post  :thumbsup:

Season defining? Undoubtedly 

Levein defining? Probably 

Regime defining? Possibly 

Personally, I'd rather it had been different, but we've 8 weeks to get sorted out. Bring it on.  

Holyrood_Hearts
27 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Sorry but I totally disagree with this. It’s **** all to do with the fans. Their players smell fear cause our players lack the desire & fight to compete in these games.

The perfect chance for revenge.

If this doesn’t concentrate the players and coaches minds for the next couple of months though nothing will. 

It would be nice to have a nice low profile draw in the early rounds for a change though.

Guess we win either way... a loss means Levein is gone from the first team, with him all the negativity I would imagine. 

A win puts our recently dismal record against that shower of excrement right. 

Cant help wondering if Levein’s already on the phone to Budge getting the excuses in early - ‘building for the future’, ‘it’s Cathros squad’, ‘I’ve only been here for a few months’... sure there’s more that’s been spouted on here. 

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Just counted. They have only beaten us 7 times at Tynecastle since I was born in 1988. 

Thats embarrassing. 

I like that one.

We have the spine of a good side, we desperately need width and pace from the back and midfield. It's an easier fix than most think. 

3 minutes ago, JamboFulton said:

Guess we win either way... a loss means Levein is gone from the first team, with him all the negativity I would imagine. 

Cant help wondering if Levein’s already on the phone to Budge getting the excuses in early - ‘building for the future’, ‘it’s Cathros squad’, ‘I’ve only been here for a few months’... sure there’s more that’s been spouted on here. 

I’m not sure looking for a third manager in 3 years would be a win. This rush to call for the sacking of managers after a few months in charge is barmy.

In previous eras managers like Doddie, JJ and Sergio might not have been around to guve us some of the times they did.

Part of a managers job is to change things when things are going badly. Changing a manager every 3 months is not the answer.

Likewise the writing off of players when they are in poor form. I still can’t believe how much stick Calum Paterson got from some! Oh for someone like him now.

6 minutes ago, JamboFulton said:

More likely he will be bending her ear to make money available to strengthen the midfield.

Let's hope so anyway.

been here before
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Facetious.....sorry i'm away to find my Dictionary.

Have a look and see if your brain is in there too.

17 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Sorry but I totally disagree with this. It’s **** all to do with the fans. Their players smell fear cause our players lack the desire & fight to compete in these games.

I disagree. Some of our fans on here at least have turned into a bunch of fearties, always talking Hibs up and Hearts down. If they take that attitude to games it will have an effect, and has already iMO.

Weirdly we have the best fans in scotland right now in terms of saving and backing the club, but also some of the worst in terms of moaning, pant wetting and impatience.

Tynecastlesmychurch

Well lose to them again. Well probably lose in the league to them at Tynecastle next month as well. That's just the reality. It's not the fans that are showing fear. If anything it's frustration. It's our group of gutless loser players. Our gutless manager/DOF. The coaching staff that have no idea how to improve our players. What we need is a real manager with a smashing cardigan! And Gary Locke on the coaching staff please as well!

1 minute ago, Pants Shaton said:

We should be moving this to Murrayfield for a money-spinning tie

To think that some folk actually thought this was a god idea.  

1 minute ago, socrates82 said:

I’m not sure looking for a third manager in 3 years would be a win. This rush to call for the sacking of managers after a few months in charge is barmy.

In previous eras managers like Doddie, JJ and Sergio might not have been around to guve us some of the times they did.

Part of a managers job is to change things when things are going badly. Changing a manager every 3 months is not the answer.

Likewise the writing off of players when they are in poor form. I still can’t believe how much stick Calum Paterson got from some! Oh for someone like him now.

I’m normally happy for managers to be given time to build a squad. There’s only one Hearts manager I’ve desperately wanted to see away from the first team and he’s currently in charge of it :sterb147:

I was actually thinking if Ryan McGowan would be able to play left back earlier... :ninja:

50 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Yeah that shower are long over due a pumping from us. How fit is MDV looking these days? It will be televised too no doubt so it will be nice to see us piss all over them once again.

They’re far too cocky tonight already.

They need a proper reminder of the fact that no Hearts fan has an ounce of respect for them.

They need done twice in quick succession.

3 minutes ago, JamboFulton said:

I’m normally happy for managers to be given time to build a squad. There’s only one Hearts manager I’ve desperately wanted to see away from the first team and he’s currently in charge of it :sterb147:

I was actually thinking if Ryan McGowan would be able to play left back earlier... :ninja:

I would take Ryan back in a heartbeat for his enthusiasm alone.

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

More likely he Should be bending her ear to make money available to strengthen the whole squad.

Let's hope so anyway.

FTFY :thumbsup:

Well I attempted too anyway ?

3 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

I would take Ryan back in a heartbeat for his enthusiasm alone.

Best memory of him playing in maroon was him jumping around pretending to box  after a bit of handbags between Stevo (I think) and an opposition player. Can’t really remember what lead to it, just Ryan acting foolish to defuse any potential situation ?

1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

If we are about 3rd/4th he won't be sacked.

If we are where we are, he very well could be.

No Hearts manager sitting around there is getting Sacked.

If Levein can get 3rd place this season I'll happily forgive a cup defeat to a team above us. 

He won't though. He won't be 4th either and it wouldn't be a surprise for him to be bottom 6. Ignoring the derby cup tie for a minute, If he finishes bottom 6 he has to go. Or will you just blame Cathro or the new main stand  and lurch on your merry way towards the season after with Levein carrying on as a proven failure.

By the way. Stop referring to fellow Hearts fans with a different view as 'shitebags' People that do that look like superior uberfan arseholes.

Tynecastlesmychurch

The terrifying thing is that if Craig is given next season then he'll most likely balls up the summer recruitment drive again. Leave us short in areas. For example LB... we are dangerously close to having to write of this season and if he's in charge for next season I can see it being more of the same.

If Levein is still in place come January 21st then effectively the Hibs cup tie will be a win-or-go for him. It puts a finite timescale on not only his rein but on the entire structure of the football dept . He simply wouldn't be able to survive having been in overall charge of a team that has lost 3 home cup ties to Hibs in consecutive seasons. Cathro came under pressure after less than 3 months in the job after losing to Hibs. Levein will be out of the club if he doesn't win this one. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

Do we really need to have yet another thread full of your boringly predictable pish? Repeating yourself over and over and over...

Give it a rest, man.

Archived