Levein stay or go? ( merged superthread )

mscjambo

Time up for Levein?   

856 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for Levein to go?

• YES - He should be sacked.
    • YES - He should resign.
    • NO - He needs more time to turn things round.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Walter Bishop said:

You happy with the big wedge he takes annually every year and the money wasted on players then Geoff? That`s great.

The have you stopped beating your wife question. Is anyone happy at the present situation? No. Would changing managers again so soon after Cathro be raving bonkers? Yes.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Bazzas right boot

• Escobar PHM

underwaterwoodwelder

He is gash now.

To defensive and more interested in bringing through youth too early in their careers.

Id rather see a manager that isn't and someone who doesn't think he is untouchable..

St Johnstone manager is the ideal replacement

Walter Bishop
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The have you stopped beating your wife question. Is anyone happy at the present situation? No. Would changing managers again so soon after Cathro be raving bonkers? Yes.

I disagree, we got rid of a head coach who was part of Leveins team, so nothing changed. Levein is the problem. 

Kilmarnock have Steve Clarke sitting in their dug out today with a point to prove. We have a director of football who openly said he never wanted to manage again. It shows. 

Go

Sacked or resign, I'd be happy with any of those two.

Same mistakes continually made.

Fans voting with their feet at a time when we need punters filling new stand.

Give him a chance. It was really poor today but then we have a limited squad and are blooding a lot of youngsters. Why is it the case that so many people these days are so keen for managers to be sacked? Yes, new managers can sometimes turn things round fairly quickly but we are in a unique position in that we've played away all season, we have a lot of youngsters, we've been hit by injuries and we lost our manager right at the beginning of the season.

Section G The Place To Be

Should have been emptied along with Cathro, but too many hard of thinking sheep on here and elsewhere were too busy sucking up his arse to notice the damage he was causing and would cause.

I’m absolutely raging after that utter shambles today, more angry than I think I ever was when Romanov or the Pieman were in charge. i’m Angry at the lack of desire and passion from players AND management. Angry that fans allowed this to happen sitting holding onto comfort blankets like “we were in administration” “ It’s a five year plan” “We’ll have a nice new stand” these are the snowflake mob and need run out. Angry that the club I love is being destroyed by one mans arrogance. Angry we have an owner that’s so accepting of failure. Angry we’re all being taken for ****ing mugs ploughing hundreds/thousands of our hard earned into the club and being treated with utter contempt. We’re a ****ing laughing stock. 

I couldn’t give a donkeys fart about folk replying with their usual shit of OTT reaction, or Levein hater, wait till we’re back at Tynie nonsense. As far as I’m concerned those saying that shit are part of the ****ing problem. They’re either trolls, idiots or Hibs fans, no Hearts fan can be accepting of this anymore. I’m seeing comments from die hard Levein fans calling for him to go now, people I know personally that have always been quick to slate me for saying Levein is not the answer. When the likes of these people I know want rid then it’s serious. 

I don’t think we’ll be in a relegation battle BUT I honestly don’t know if that’s wishful thinking or my heart saying it, because so far footballing wise we haven’t the fight or passion for a relegation dogfight let alone the ability. 

Just now, Jambos_1874 said:

Give him a chance. It was really poor today but then we have a limited squad and are blooding a lot of youngsters. Why is it the case that so many people these days are so keen for managers to be sacked? Yes, new managers can sometimes turn things round fairly quickly but we are in a unique position in that we've played away all season, we have a lot of youngsters, we've been hit by injuries and we lost our manager right at the beginning of the season.

He isn’t “blooding youngsters”, because that implies a coherent plan to introduce young players to the first team. 

Levein is flinging anyone in that that can hide the fact he has masterminded the demise of a good squad of players. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, Beats said:

Really :lol:

Why? 

1. We have no money

2. Any new manager wants 1.

3. He is best placed to generate 1. This is why I'm more than happy to sell Cochrane, for example.

I’d give him till March. It’s brutal but part of it down to players we have. Another manager not changing it. 

If shite by March go and get someone else in so they have last month or so to judge who stays it goes.

It's just not going to happen, being saying it for ages that the club had to get rid of him to move on but his stranglehold has now tightened and this is what we're going to get now, some people couldn't see it but I bet it's starting to stare them straight in the face now.

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

I disagree, we got rid of a head coach who was part of Leveins team, so nothing changed. Levein is the problem. 

Kilmarnock have Steve Clarke sitting in their dug out today with a point to prove. We have a director of football who openly said he never wanted to manage again. It shows. 

Perhaps it does but, either way, we need to generate funds to rebuild this team as we have feck all cash due to the stand overspend. Levein is best placed to generate that money to help rebuild this team so that it stays up, first and foremost.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

1. We have no money

2. Any new manager wants 1.

3. He is best placed to generate 1. This is why I'm more than happy to sell Cochrane, for example.

If we have no money, why do you want him to have another window? What's the point?

We have no money because Levein has pissed it all away. So why allow him the chance to waste whatever money we have left? 

I'm staggered you are wanting him to stay. I'll wager any manager in the top flight would do a better job than him. The squad is better than we are showing. The guys a joke. Not making the best of what we have.

Stay, there’s no benefit at all to him leaving just now.

That’s not to stay he’s doing a good job just I find it hard to believe anyone else will come in and do better pre January with such a mediocre and unbalanced squad.

1 hour ago, Pants Shaton said:

Seriously we need to give him a season.  If things don’t get better there’s only one option.

We don't need to, why do we need to? Heard that with Cathro too, give him more time then more time after that. How about give them no more time to damage the club even further?

south morocco

I get it that folk want him axed, I really do but who would replace him? Do we have money to spend on a replacement?

Reading between the lines my guess is we are skint so I don't think he's going anywhere soon.

I can only hope he can change the personnel in the next court of windows 

Tynecastlesmychurch

Levein needs to go now. I have no problem with him as DOF. (Only because aparantly he's doing a splendid job with the academy although I have no idea if that's actually true!) I personally think we should be going after Archibald from Partick Thistle. Yeah I no he's had a poor start but I really do believe they have a better chance at getting top 6 than we do at the moment. And they play far better football then we do! 

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Perhaps it does but, either way, we need to generate funds to rebuild this team as we have feck all cash due to the stand overspend. Levein is best placed to generate that money to help rebuild this team so that it stays up, first and foremost.

Levein is the person who has authorised the waste of money over the last 3 years, do we really want him bringing in anymore players?

What makes you think he will produce cash to build a team? We have no sellable assets. 

Placid Casual
1 hour ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

He’s been in charge for 9 matches. He’ll be going nowhere. 

The last 3 results & performances have been s*** and I’m as angry and annoyed as everyone else is. But I don’t think changing the manager again is productive.

9 matches :rofl:

It’s going to take time to undo the mess Cathro caused ffs. A couple of transfer windows at least it’s going to take.

Edited by Placid Casual

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Walter Bishop said:

Levein is the person who has authorised the waste of money over the last 3 years, do we really want him bringing in anymore players?

What makes you think he will produce cash to build a team? We have no sellable assets. 

I'd quite happily sell Cochrane if that rumour is true.

8 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Yes his squad is limited but is that not partly down to him overseeing the shambles we now find ourselves in? 

Personally I think he got the job in the hope that we could/would wait on Michael O'Neill becoming availabile and when he did Levein would go back to his previous job of DOF without us needing to pay compensation to someone else . I'm not so sure we can wait for that now .

Walter Bishop
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'd quite happily sell Cochrane if that rumour is true.

Would you trust Levein with the rumoured 500k?

A major mistake to put someone with no success in his track record in control.   

I would clear out the manager and his first class coaches.  Imagine the boost if we go back to Tynecastle with Paulo Sergio in charge.

That said has Budge bound herself to Levein and secondly is there any money to pay a third manager at the same time.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Would you trust Levein with the rumoured 500k?

I don't trust any football manager with money. However, with his track record in the game I would be more confident than most.

Section G The Place To Be
3 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

9 matches :rofl:

It’s going to take time to undo the mess Cathro caused ffs. A couple of transfer windows at least it’s going to take.

Aye cause he’s done so well in the previous transfer windows he oversaw. Maybe your right lets give him time to make an even bigger James hunt of the team and waste tens of thousands more in the transfer market. What could possibly go wrong ?

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

Can you justify why we are paying him a penny?

Can you justify the money he has wasted in transfer fees/signing on fees and wages? 

Can you justify the state the footballing side of the club is in that he is solely responsible for? 

Remember this is the man who originally used the term "wage thief" !

No.

Walter Bishop
17 minutes ago, zoltan socrates said:

Get another levein thread up, quick!

Sorry Craig, hope your not too upset. 

29 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'd give him till January and allow him to sign some players.

This has to be a wind up. He has been in charge of recruitment for the last three years! 

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I don't trust any football manager with money. However, with his track record in the game I would be more confident than most.

I like your confidence but for me he is already wasted more than 500k so id rather not give him anymore. 

14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

He isn’t “blooding youngsters”, because that implies a coherent plan to introduce young players to the first team. 

Levein is flinging anyone in that that can hide the fact he has masterminded the demise of a good squad of players. 

We've been hit by injuries i.e. Walker, Cowie and Djoum; three important players. We don't have a big squad and therefore we have, in part, been forced to play youngsters and therefore it is sometimes more of a necessity than a plan. I do think he is trying to give youngsters a chance in general as many of the players he has bought/transferred in have been poor and also we don't presently have a lot of money to throw around. "masterminded the demise" is a bit dramatic!!!

3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Yes his squad is limited but is that not partly down to him overseeing the shambles we now find ourselves in? 

Personally I think he got the job in the hope that we could/would wait on Michael O'Neill becoming availabile and when he did Levein would go back to his previous job of DOF without us needing to pay compensation to someone else . I'm not so sure we can wait for that now .

Yes, Levein has to take a big share of the blame when it comes to poor recruitment. But, I do think he is trying to address this by focusing more on home-grown youth players. Also, in all seriousness, do you really think they had a grand plan regarding Michael O'Neill!? That would be quite a gamble given how quickly things change in football.

1 hour ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Getting silly now. 

4 losses in 6 or 2 wins in 6 however you want to look at it is unacceptable.

Losing to Partick would be unthinkable, let's be honest here chief.

23 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

I’d give him till March. It’s brutal but part of it down to players we have. Another manager not changing it. 

If shite by March go and get someone else in so they have last month or so to judge who stays it goes.

If things were to continue as they are, it would heaping an unreasonable amount of pressure on a new boss to wait until March. Dundee look to be in freefall in at the bottom (though by all accounts turned in a decent showing at Easter Road), but with Killie winning today there are now a lot of teams in the mix for the relegation play-off spot. Levein would need to go before January if it looks like there's a battle against the drop looming, although I guess if there are no funds at present for new players it would be questionable how much a new manager could be expected to achieve. As Clarke is proving at Killie, though, a new face can sometimes get more out of the existing players.

Edited by Mellor

Needs to  go has proved time and time again it’s not working the awful signing of Cathro said it all .im sick of this dire state of play and no results 

buckhind jambo
27 minutes ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

Should have been emptied along with Cathro, but too many hard of thinking sheep on here and elsewhere were too busy sucking up his arse to notice the damage he was causing and would cause.

I’m absolutely raging after that utter shambles today, more angry than I think I ever was when Romanov or the Pieman were in charge. i’m Angry at the lack of desire and passion from players AND management. Angry that fans allowed this to happen sitting holding onto comfort blankets like “we were in administration” “ It’s a five year plan” “We’ll have a nice new stand” these are the snowflake mob and need run out. Angry that the club I love is being destroyed by one mans arrogance. Angry we have an owner that’s so accepting of failure. Angry we’re all being taken for ****ing mugs ploughing hundreds/thousands of our hard earned into the club and being treated with utter contempt. We’re a ****ing laughing stock. 

I couldn’t give a donkeys fart about folk replying with their usual shit of OTT reaction, or Levein hater, wait till we’re back at Tynie nonsense. As far as I’m concerned those saying that shit are part of the ****ing problem. They’re either trolls, idiots or Hibs fans, no Hearts fan can be accepting of this anymore. I’m seeing comments from die hard Levein fans calling for him to go now, people I know personally that have always been quick to slate me for saying Levein is not the answer. When the likes of these people I know want rid then it’s serious. 

I don’t think we’ll be in a relegation battle BUT I honestly don’t know if that’s wishful thinking or my heart saying it, because so far footballing wise we haven’t the fight or passion for a relegation dogfight let alone the ability. 

spot on for me.

I don't understand this nonsense about another manager couldn't get more out our squad.

When Csaba was sacked JJ got more out them.

When Rix was sacked, Valdas got more out them.

The Killie manager today getting more than McCulloch got.

Christ even Murty getting more out of Rangers.

Get a property man in charge who isn't a shitebag and sitting back every game and we will see a big improvement.

Clarke and Coyle would see an improvement in us. But we are stuck with negative dinosaur Levein. It's so frustrating. 

Edited by Beats

6 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

We've been hit by injuries i.e. Walker, Cowie and Djoum; three important players. We don't have a big squad and therefore we have, in part, been forced to play youngsters and therefore it is sometimes more of a necessity than a plan. I do think he is trying to give youngsters a chance in general as many of the players he has bought/transferred in have been poor and also we don't presently have a lot of money to throw around. "masterminded the demise" is a bit dramatic!!!

Yes, Levein has to take a big share of the blame when it comes to poor recruitment. But, I do think he is trying to address this by focusing more on home-grown youth players. Also, in all seriousness, do you really think they had a grand plan regarding Michael O'Neill!? That would be quite a gamble given how quickly things change in football.

I do believe that Michael O'Neill IS the man the custodians of the club wanted and still do . I don't have any issues with youth getting a chance as long as they're ready and properly managed .

Just now, Barack said:

Not really, we lose to lots of teams.

Which is a pity.

True, given Partick are the pits at the moment and we've already lost to Dundee and Killie. That makes us possibly worse than them? and potential relegation fodder? 

If we were the lose it would be 4 losses on the bounce and 3 at home. 

Disgraceful Mr President.

1 hour ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Aye because you have less of the contract to pay off, and you can delay the cost of appointing a new manager.

Your still paying him until new year though. To be honest I think Budge will probably keep him for the run of homes game up to and including Celtic. The expense of that is 1. The season would be well and truly over by then (if it isn't already) unless he has an astounding run of results and 2. A new guy coming in too late for an effective January window so we might be fighting a relegation battle with this squad and a new manager......scary stuff.

Daly might be an option till the end of the season. He seems to be able to get more out of the squad than Levein does.

All this talk from Levein about when we are back at tynecastle I fail to see why

it is going to make any difference and then what is the new excuse going to be

4 minutes ago, JamboFulton said:

He stays, but as head of the academy. Absolutely nothing more. Nothing less. I suggested before on here that he should be nowhere near the first team, I stand by that. If the board have any sense at all or even any backbone they’ll remove the DoF position, bring back having one man in charge and the coach succession route through the club would be through/ up the age groups and after the U20’s they move onto become second assistant before having a sniff at managing the team. 

In the meantime, as others have suggested, we’re probably skint so we go with Levein in charge until January and then have a review to see if we need someone else in, however if we’re still struggling for cash he can stay on until the season end, barring a relegation battle. 

Levein was allowed to get into his ridiculous position without challenge (at least it seemed that way). We’re paying the price for that now and I guess we better suck it up and get on with it, because things aren’t going to get better any time soon.

If he goes he has to go, no hanging around in the background.

People are either stupid or acting stupid. Levein has the safest job in British football. In his announcement as manager it was stated that after the 3 years he will revert back to his old role and a new man will work under him. Unbelievable statement at the time but shows just how much he rules the roost when it comes to the football side of the business. People can bury their heads in the sand all they like but Levein controls who comes in and out the club. Every player we have seen since day one has been brought to the club using Leveins contacts and network of scouts etc. “He’s working with a Robbie’s squad, he needs a transfer window”. “He’s working with cathros players, he needs a transfer window”. Bananas. No player comes to Heart of Midlothian Football club without his approval. The tactics/formations/trainings/team talks/debriefs............all Levein. The man is a poison within the club and folk continue to happy clap their way to the bottom six. “Judge him once he has all players fit”. So now our season hinges on Djoum coming back. A player who hasn’t kicked a ball in anger for us since he said he wants to play in the premier league. Or Walker, a player desperate to leave. The money ball approach has failed. It failed 2 seasons ago and Budge has her ear bent by Levein and she falls for it hook line and sinker. The club is a shambles at the moment on and off the park. we are a laughing stock. Three seasons ago other clubs fans where begging to have an owner like Budge. They wanted her on the SPFL Board, running the SFA. She was on the ball. Now, she wouldn’t know a properly run football club if it bit her on the arse. People where actually complaining that the new stand hadn’t increased our attendance enough. Continue as is and we will be lucky to break 15k weekly. We are Pat fenlons hibs. Utterly clueless on the park and off it. No team in the SPFL needs a director of football. The whole idea needs binned and fast. The side we have seen under Levein is relegation material. 

Killie brought Steve Clarke to Ayrshire. Killie. If there was a manager of his calbire kicking about, why is he not with us. Coyle at County aswell. Alarm bells should’ve been ringing off the hook when we narrowed our new manager down to only Levein. Shambolic stuff. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I want him to go. I think he should go. But that said he needs a fair crack at it. Hasn't started of well and that's taking into account the circumstances.

It's going to be a shite season and it's all because we gave a little boy woefully out of his depth (told you so) more time to drag us further. Sickening. 

Robbie was the glue holding it all together. (Told you so.)

Just now, busby1985 said:

People are either stupid or acting stupid. Levein has the safest job in British football. In his announcement as manager it was stated that after the 3 years he will revert back to his old role and a new man will work under him. Unbelievable statement at the time but shows just how much he rules the roost when it comes to the football side of the business. People can bury their heads in the sand all they like but Levein controls who comes in and out the club. Every player we have seen since day one has been brought to the club using Leveins contacts and network of scouts etc. “He’s working with a Robbie’s squad, he needs a transfer window”. “He’s working with cathros players, he needs a transfer window”. Bananas. No player comes to Heart of Midlothian Football club without his approval. The tactics/formations/trainings/team talks/debriefs............all Levein. The man is a poison within the club and folk continue to happy clap their way to the bottom six. “Judge him once he has all players fit”. So now our season hinges on Djoum coming back. A player who hasn’t kicked a ball in anger for us since he said he wants to play in the premier league. Or Walker, a player desperate to leave. The money ball approach has failed. It failed 2 seasons ago and Budge has her ear bent by Levein and she falls for it hook line and sinker. The club is a shambles at the moment on and off the park. we are a laughing stock. Three seasons ago other clubs fans where begging to have an owner like Budge. They wanted her on the SPFL Board, running the SFA. She was on the ball. Now, she wouldn’t know a properly run football club if it bit her on the arse. People where actually complaining that the new stand hadn’t increased our attendance enough. Continue as is and we will be lucky to break 15k weekly. We are Pat fenlons hibs. Utterly clueless on the park and off it. No team in the SPFL needs a director of football. The whole idea needs binned and fast. The side we have seen under Levein is relegation material. 

Killie brought Steve Clarke to Ayrshire. Killie. If there was a manager of his calbire kicking about, why is he not with us. Coyle at County aswell. Alarm bells should’ve been ringing off the hook when we narrowed our new manager down to only Levein. Shambolic stuff. 

About correct .

Too many players injured, no games at tynie yet and we are mid table. I don't think many would have expected much more. See how a run at Tynie changes things .

• davemclaren locked this topic