Levein stay or go? ( merged superthread )

mscjambo

Time up for Levein?   

856 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for Levein to go?

• YES - He should be sacked.
    • YES - He should resign.
    • NO - He needs more time to turn things round.

Title says it all. His stranglehold over all things football is killing us. Recruitment to tactics. We are awful and he is responsible for the majority of it.

I appreciate we nearly went under but Levein is a massive problem.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Bazzas right boot

• Escobar PHM

But we nearly died. We are lucky to have a club blah blah.

Get him to ****. We won't do anything with that dinosaur pissing about with our club.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

100%

Sadly this was evident a long time ago, except to the hard of thinking.

I just can't see how we improve with him involved in football matters.

No point in a shiney new stand if levein delivers that garbage on the park

While I don’t disagree with punting Levein and the utter shit he puts out on the park, there’s one man who escapes all the criticism for the piss poor recruitment over the past few years. 

John Murray. 

Most of us said this last season but amazingly we have managed to put ourselves in a situation where it’s much harder to empty him. Very frustrating. 

Be harsh but right

Other clubs would have had him emptied prior to the day

Would show we are not messing about

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Never should’ve got the job in the first place. Making us a laughing stock. Too expensive to get rid of him now so we’re stuck with him until at least the end of the year.

The board must think the fans zip up the back. Three year deal for the man who oversaw a total shambles.

WE have got this for a while yet!!!

Budge needs to take the blinkers off. He is responsible for this footballing mess we now see before us. She made millions in business would you keep in place an underperforming employee? For business getting fans in the door its shocking. 

Bleak

5 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Never should’ve got the job in the first place. Making us a laughing stock. Too expensive to get rid of him now so we’re stuck with him until at least the end of the year.

Does it become cheaper at the end of the year ?

A_A wehatethehibs

I have one foot on this bus

not quite there yet.

prepared to give him the run of games up until Celtic at tynecastle now, before I lose the rag. The international break has come at a good time for us. 

just praying he can turn it around

Levein has to go along with his cohorts, we are a complete embarrassment because of his meddling.

We are being taken for total mugs by our custodians. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
12 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Does it become cheaper at the end of the year ?

Aye because you have less of the contract to pay off, and you can delay the cost of appointing a new manager.

Holyrood_Hearts

He’s been in charge for 9 matches. He’ll be going nowhere. 

The last 3 results & performances have been s*** and I’m as angry and annoyed as everyone else is. But I don’t think changing the manager again is productive.

Definitely time for change

Would be embarrassing if we don't sell out v Partick, and if that happens, it is entirely Levein's fault

I’m pretty much in the ‘Levein out’ camp now too. Should have sacked cathro sooner, some players that have been brought in are brutal & the tactics are dire!

The more more it goes on, the more I think the championship year was just s fluke & nothing to do with good work from Levein.

Nothing will happen until it starts affecting the business side of the club. 

The football department has become secondary. 

He's definitely on his last chance at Hearts.

We've been over recruitment a million times and yeah, good proportion of the blame is at his doorstep and without a doubt the appointment of Cathro, his doing, has taken us back 2 years. 

I'm willing to give him a bit of leeway due to his previous record as manager here and because he's a club legend. He needs players in the window and we need to improve drastically however or I think any trust, Faith or patience in Levein and goodwill, will be out the window. 

I'm getting rapidly ****ed off with this myself tbh, we've played well maybe 4 times in an entire year. We've been relegation fodder for an entire year. We've won a handful of games in like close to 40. 

It is a disgrace and totally unacceptable. 

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Getting silly now. 

Can you justify why we are paying him a penny?

Can you justify the money he has wasted in transfer fees/signing on fees and wages? 

Can you justify the state the footballing side of the club is in that he is solely responsible for? 

Remember this is the man who originally used the term "wage thief" !

ToadKiller Dog

Always been a doubt that appointing a manager who didn't really want the job was risky, but to call for him to be sacked just now is stupid certainly as it ain't happening. 

Going to give him this window to see how it's going before I make a decision, even though I am pissed off 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

If we got rid of him then we would have Daly. I would prefer to stick with CL, although am not convinced he has the fight any longer. Rather than raging about unacceptable defeats/performances, he is blaming them on not being at Tynecastle and "quality" players (such as Buaben) being injured. 

The new stand meant we would struggle unless we got really lucky with signings or young players coming through. 

Just now, ToadKiller Dog said:

Going to give him this window to see how it's going before I make a decision. 

We are skint. This window will not be a season changer, unless signing some seasoned pros in order to avoid relegation counts as such. 

ToadKiller Dog
3 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Can you justify why we are paying him a penny?

Can you justify the money he has wasted in transfer fees/signing on fees and wages? 

Can you justify the state the footballing side of the club is in that he is solely responsible for? 

Remember this is the man who originally used the term "wage thief" !

To me a wage thief is somebody who is deliberately not trying,(like Larry Kingston)  I don't think that's the case. 

You could be right that he is incompetent or not up to it that's a different argument. 

Walter Bishop
Just now, ToadKiller Dog said:

To me a wage thief is somebody who is deliberately not trying,(like Larry Kingston)  I don't think that's the case. 

You could be right that he is incompetent or not up to it that's a different argument. 

The reason i mention it is he coined the phrase. He is not earning his wage in my opinion. 

Walter Bishop
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:facepalm:

You happy with the big wedge he takes annually every year and the money wasted on players then Geoff? That`s great.

Right now Walt, I'd say give him a bit of time, but to be honest mate, if we don't beat Partick, he can **** off because that tells us we are in a dangerous place and nothing in improving. 

• davemclaren locked this topic