Levein stay or go? ( merged superthread )

mscjambo

Time up for Levein?   

856 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for Levein to go?

• YES - He should be sacked.
    • YES - He should resign.
    • NO - He needs more time to turn things round.

Walter Bishop
2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

What utter nonsense. We are in no way being killed. You 'fans" sound like petulant children that stomp their little feet because you don't get what you want. I have faith in the board to get things right in the long run. 

The long run? 5, 10 , 15 years? Blind faith is what i think you have.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Bazzas right boot

• Escobar PHM

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Well theres a different version of reality for you. Historically when Hearts are decent to good the crowds go well up. Historically when Hearts are really shite, they go well down.  If our crowds go significantly down due to a few years of being shite, as you hinted we might have, we'll end up a backwater club, like Saint fecking Mirren or Dundee fecking Utd. You'll be reasonably happy still though, as you've indicated. Me ? I won't be there to watch it happening.

The crowds will always fluctuate for ANY team based on how well they are doing. But don't think that will influence the board. It never has. Did Romanov ever give a toss about what the fans said ? The whole of Scottish football is a backwater. 

11 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I believe the board are doing their best to move the club forward. The paying customers can either accept this transition period or they can stay away. It won't make any difference. It never has. Ever. 

Is their best hiring a rookie manager who was out of his depth from day one? Allowing our footballing department to waste an absolute fortune on utter shite? Building a stand that we will struggle to fill if these horror performances continue? We are a few points off the bottom of the league, and look like a team absent of any shape or purpose. If this is their best, I'd hate to see their worst. 

We can't become a club who sacks or hounds their manager out every time we hit a poor run of form. Yes, it's been a terrible week or so, but we had been doing ok until the Hibs game.

Hopefully we can pick up a few results over the next couple of months and then Levein can try and bring in some quality in January; not a massive overhaul, just 3-4 first team starters for key roles, with pace and good quality.

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

The crowds will always fluctuate for ANY team based on how well they are doing. But don't think that will influence the board. It never has. Did Romanov ever give a toss about what the fans said ? The whole of Scottish football is a backwater. 

Have you got hopes and ambitions in any other part of your life ? I only ask because your so accepting of mediocrity in your football life. Its actually depressing to read your posts and realise that your far from being the only one who will support mediocrity. Your not just accepting it. Your sending out a message that its actually okay to be mediocre.

2 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

The long run? 5, 10 , 15 years? Blind faith is what i think you have.

Yes, the long run. It won't be five years anyway. I believe results will improve shortly. 

4 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Have you got hopes and ambitions in any other part of your life ? I only ask because your so accepting of mediocrity in your football life. Its actually depressing to read your posts and realise that your far from being the only one who will support mediocrity. Your not just accepting it. Your sending out a message that its actually okay to be mediocre.

I have ambitions and expectations that match the real world. Things will improve over time. I'm just not going to get all pissy because the board don't do what I want.

Edited by Dazzle

17 minutes ago, colinzeal said:

It was meant to say ‘sort’. Predictive text.

He is culpable for the mess we are in as Director of Football, but he hasn’t had long enough to be binned as manager yet IMO.

He isn’t doing himself any favours the way he is going though. 

My bad lad. 

I agree its too soon to judge him as the manager. If he wasn’t at the club and just fresh in the door the. It would be ridiculous to call

for his head this early. I can’t see past the fact he’s been here for years tho. I think he has to be judged on the whole picture. We can’t just blame Cathro for this because without Levein they’d have been no Cathro etc. 

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Yes, the long run. It won't be five years anyway. I believe results will improve shortly. 

What makes you believe that? 

9 minutes ago, combo74 said:

We can't become a club who sacks or hounds their manager out every time we hit a poor run of form. Yes, it's been a terrible week or so, but we had been doing ok until the Hibs game.

Hopefully we can pick up a few results over the next couple of months and then Levein can try and bring in some quality in January; not a massive overhaul, just 3-4 first team starters for key roles, with pace and good quality.

Is that all this is ? A poor run of form ?

Thank god for that. Here was me thinking the last 3-4 transfer windows weakened our squad terribly. Here was me thinking we have a DOF who has signed 49 players in 6 transfer windows and only 8 or 9 of them have produced anything worthy of what they were being paid and thats being generous.Here was me thinking his guinea pig experimental signing of Cathro was a good charitable thing to do and carry on with long after it was an obvious failure.

He has been grossly incompetent in key areas of his job. He needs to go.

Edited by Escobar PHM

2 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

What makes you believe that? 

I think we have pretty much reached bottom. And we've been unlucky at times where we've dropped points where we could have got a draw. Not ideal but I think we will improve and get stronger. 

13 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Is their best hiring a rookie manager who was out of his depth from day one? Allowing our footballing department to waste an absolute fortune on utter shite? Building a stand that we will struggle to fill if these horror performances continue? We are a few points off the bottom of the league, and look like a team absent of any shape or purpose. If this is their best, I'd hate to see their worst. 

Hiring Cathro was hailed as an innovative and bold move. If it had worked out, we would have shaken Scottish football to its core. It didn't work out so we get back to basics and have CL take over. And lets not forget were are still in the top six ! 

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Hiring Cathro was hailed as an innovative and bold move. If it had worked out, we would have shaken Scottish football to its core. It didn't work out so we get back to basics and have CL take over. And lets not forget were are still in the top six ! 

Great news for those who count 'top six' as being some sort of achievement.

Absolutely woeful performance today and the sad thing is, I wasn't in the least bit surprised.

That's three defeats on the bounce. If it gets to five, I think he'll be in trouble.

Worrying that he's not getting a reaction from the players.

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Great news for those who count 'top six' as being some sort of achievement.

FFS, the season is not finished yet !! Do you want us to fail ? Is that it ? So you can crow about how right you were ? 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Absolutely woeful performance today and the sad thing is, I wasn't in the least bit surprised.

That's three defeats on the bounce. If it gets to five, I think he'll be in trouble.

I think he'll survive this week. Losing against Partick, given the importance of that day for other reasons, will see him gone.

letsalldothebeattie

I was all for giving him time but to me the football we are watching is beginning to border on worse than when Cathro had us and that was bad

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

FFS, the season is not finished yet !! Do you want us to fail ? Is that it ? So you can crow about how right you were ? 

Your the one expressing satisfaction with failure chum, not me. I'm expressing that Im very unhappy with failure

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think it lot of people don't recognize that about 6 each week are shite.

Leveins mistakes from his previous role haunting him in this role . Still top 6 though on our return to Tynecastle. 

Next 5 games define mediocrity from shambles. 

I doubt if any manager could win with some of the dross we’ve got and the number of injuries we have. Football obviously escapes some people. 

We have failed. Out of the cup prior to league season kicking off. Manager sacked. Then the architect of this shxx show, now running us further into the ground. Facts are facts we are a shambles 

Just now, Escobar PHM said:

Your the one expressing satisfaction with failure chum, not me. I'm expressing that Im very unhappy with failure

No, I would not be happy with failure. I can see the bigger picture. You keep stomping your little feet, it will achieve nothing, chum. 

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

What would you do?

Punt him or give him more time.

3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I doubt if any manager could win with some of the dross we’ve got and the number of injuries we have. Football obviously escapes some people. 

Craig Levein signed the dross. He's not just arrived off the boat. He has been here for 4 years, in charge of the football department until he was relieved of that position and told to sort his mess out. He is entirely responsible for the squad of players he now has at his disposal. He signed almost every single one of them

Edited by Escobar PHM

So Make Some Noise..

It's mental to even be debating this when we all know he's staying. 

He needs to sort out the tactics though. Why do our full backs come inside when we attack and become narrow when we defend? Why does our central midfield come so deep to get the ball which then leaves the (narrow) full backs as the only pass on? We then end up back to Souttar / Berra again and either back to keeper for hoof or miss the keeper and hoof. Its ******* tragic stuff. 

Edited by So Make Some Noise..

Just now, Escobar PHM said:

Craig Levein signed the dross. He's not just arrived off the boat. He is entirely responsible for the squad of players he now has at his disposal. He signed almost every single one of them

Levein didnt pick these players the previous management did. This fact has been done to death on here. 

40 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

My bad lad. 

I agree its too soon to judge him as the manager. If he wasn’t at the club and just fresh in the door the. It would be ridiculous to call

for his head this early. I can’t see past the fact he’s been here for years tho. I think he has to be judged on the whole picture. We can’t just blame Cathro for this because without Levein they’d have been no Cathro etc. 

No worries, that’s what was displayed on the screen! 

I agree, I’m just thinking he has played a large role in getting us in to this mess. He is manager now and should be given a bit more time to sort it out. 

The recruitment since promotion has been horrific and I do think he is largely to blame for that, although I do think he let Neilson and Cathro sign a lot of duds they wanted. Which is a double edged thing, he has to let them sign players to let them shape their team, but he also has to step in and say if he doesn’t think the players are up to it. It’s tough. 

I believe Connor Sammon for example was a bone of contention between Levein and Neilson.

Edited by colinzeal

Elias Henry Furst

Blaming injuries on the last few performances don’t cut it for me.

We look like a team that don’t know each other’s games.

What do we do Monday to Friday?

Everything and I mean EVERYTHING lies at the door of Craig Levein.

We are a shambles. More so because of his decision to employ and then retain Cathro over the Summer.

He needs to go and we need and deserve a feel good story ON the park.

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

Levein didnt pick these players the previous management did. This fact has been done to death on here. 

Levein is/was in charge of the football department. One of his key roles is/was recruitment of the squad, based on the requirements provided and suggested by the head coach. No head coach under Levein has picked a player out that he wanted signed and had that player signed. Thats not how it worked. Neilson said so. Cathro said so. Levein said so.

Kilmarnock would have comfortably won today if Cathro was in charge. There has been obvious improvements since the impostor left. Would be daft to change manager again.

100% Levein in.

4 minutes ago, Beats said:

What would you do?

Punt him or give him more time.

If we lose to Partick and then Ross County at home; two games we should be winning, then I'd punt him, after what would be a five-game losing streak.

It's not just the fact that we're losing games, it's the manner of performance.  

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Kilmarnock would have comfortably won today if Cathro was in charge.

Jesus H Christ !! so now its an improvement because we're not losing as badly to shite like Kilmarnock.

Cathro, as bad as he was, didn't actually lose to Kilmarnock.

Edited by Escobar PHM

1 hour ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

John Murray hasn't had any say in the recruitment for a wee while now. 

Is he not meant to be our chief scout?

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

If we lose to Partick and then Ross County at home; two games we should be winning, then I'd punt him, after what would be a five-game losing streak.

It's not just the fact that we're losing games, it's the manner of performance.  

I must admit, I'm baffled that CL hasn't been able to improve performances. But as I said earlier, we've been a bit unlucky at times, turning draws into losses and all that. I don't see us going on a five, six game winning streak but I think results will improve enough (not losing) to keep us moving forward. 

Section G The Place To Be
8 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Kilmarnock would have comfortably won today if Cathro was in charge. There has been obvious improvements since the impostor left. Would be daft to change manager again.

100% Levein in.

Ah so It's all ok because Levein's shite has a better smell about it than Cathro's shite did. :vrface:

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I must admit, I'm baffled that CL hasn't been able to improve performances. But as I said earlier, we've been a bit unlucky at times, turning draws into losses and all that. I don't see us going on a five, six game winning streak but I think results will improve enough (not losing) to keep us moving forward. 

I expected this season to be a bit up and down until he guts the squad, plus there's whole stadium business going on, but if he isn't able motivate the team then we are in big trouble because apart from the centre backs and the centre forwards there is a real lack of quality throughout the team. 

As I said to Beats, if we get to five defeats in a row, I really can't see him surviving that.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I expected this season to be a bit up and down until he guts the squad, plus there's whole stadium business going on, but if he isn't able motivate the team then we are in big trouble because apart from the centre backs and the centre forwards there is a real lack of quality throughout the team. 

As I said to Beats, if we get to five defeats in a row, I really can't see him surviving that.

Lets imagine this season is a write off (transitional as some folk would politely call it) To what level does the squad need 'gutted' Gutted sounds like more than one window. Who is good enough to survive the cull, excluding the young guys who have been playing recently because its a bit harsh judging them in current conditions. Just talking senior pros here.

18 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

It's what happens if we do lose those games though, BB. 

Levein going back up stairs and a new coach appointed is not an option the support will accept, imo.

50 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

The other thing that adds pressure BB is the fact that Hibs are going well and seem to have the knack of getting to Hampden on a regular basis. We simply have to be competing with them and beating them.

maroonlegions

Needs more time??as the DOF ??or  as the fecking manager of this  team  that is made up of  his rank signing policy.  fecking joke, he should go. FTH.

Edited by maroonlegions

51 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

It certainly has.Who do you think is the "we" to whom Levein is referring.The buck stops with Levein.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-chief-craig-levein-says-10528900

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

I believe the board are doing their best to move the club forward. The paying customers can either accept this transition period or they can stay away. It won't make any difference. It never has. Ever. 

Mismanagement of the team and signings is not a transition but a suicide.

We want to attract fans not lose them.

1 hour ago, Robbo51 said:

How do you change your vote. After having time to calm down I would probably rather he stayed for now

You are a comedian. 

oh ah grantona

His blueprint is good for youth & I like his coaches idea but he can’t be the one at the helm 

and at his 1st opportunity to show his plan up to be good he went off plan 

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Your just at it. Wynd up merchant. You just dazzle this thread with you fake posts.

Howdy Doody Jambo

We could have Alex Ferguson and Pep Guardiola in charge and fans on this forum would want them sacked in a fortnight 

Levein should have been punted out the door after the Cathro disaster, that was the time to say enough and move on to a fresh start, but nah he calls the shots so offered himself a tidy wee three year deal as manager because he "missed it" apparently, the club has turned in to a ****ing laughing stock.

• davemclaren locked this topic