****HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN vs HIBERNIAN****

Pennywise

Marooned in Sec Z
15 minutes ago, stevie said:

Spot on,our recruitment since coming back up has been a disgrace.

Our squad is criminally lacking pace and width.

We are severely lacking pace, width and creativity. This has been missing for a while now so the fact it has never been addressed is criminal. We can see it so how can the management not? It is that bad at the moment we are having to resort to horrific long ball tactics!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

We are still paying the price for historically poor recruitment. A club of our stature should not need to pitch in 16/17 year old kids into a key fixture.

For example if Isma, Stockton and Milinkovic are not good enough to start ahead of Euan Henderson, then they should not be at the club.

How many attempts at signing a left back is that now and yet still we're putting square pegs in round holes?

The only positive now is the egg is on Leveins face in the dugout. Now he has to answer for this shambles of a squad, the one he supervised the construction off.

Maybe it'll sharpen the mind, fifth time lucky with a LB? 

Hysterical stuff, they've absolutely no idea what they are doing. None.

michael_bolton
1 minute ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

In what way was 7-0 a curse for them?

They spent the rest of the 70s winning more or less all the time against us.

5-1 is only a curse for us because too many use it as a comfort blanket. 

FFS even in the relegation season our record against them was decent. 

Since then though we've found a new way of running a club which apparently considers actually winning derbies unimportant. 

This is a point lots of people miss.

5-1 wasn't the start of the problem. Two years later we were still humping them daft.

The problem was when we changed our approach to derbies and started playing with too little aggression and at too slow a pace. We're 'too composed' in these games. It goes back to Neilson's first game against them when we weren't very good and Craig missed the penalty to get us off the hook.

We haven't really played well against Hibs since. It's the approach, it's nothing to do with 5-1 or the fans.

18 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I have no coaching badges and I have no football management experience. For the past week I’ve been saying “hearts won’t win and we won’t score cause we will be bullied and over ran in midfield. McGinn and Bartley will dominate and we will just surrender the midfield and go long”. We are so, so predictable. We don’t even get close to them to kick them or get in their faces. It’s embarrassing stuff, it really is. We will now have to listen to the same excuses and same crap from the players till the next derby. 

There was no combination tonight.

For a man who played in a team with Robbo , JC and Clark our players seemed miles from each other when the ball went to Lafferty.

So what was the instructions? What are we working at in training?

On Saturday v St Johnstone in the 2nd half at least our front 4 worked close together and were always on the move around each other.

Totally baffling we never just went with that tonight?

13 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Hardly, JohnB is telling it as it he sees it. Berra is an absolute hoofballer and the majority of his hoofs go everywhere but a fellow player!!!!!

Perhaps a valid point but odd to bring it up on a day when our “footballing” centre half cost us the game due to his inability to actually defend

Nelly Terraces
23 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I have no coaching badges and I have no football management experience. For the past week I’ve been saying “hearts won’t win and we won’t score cause we will be bullied and over ran in midfield. McGinn and Bartley will dominate and we will just surrender the midfield and go long”. We are so, so predictable. We don’t even get close to them to kick them or get in their faces. It’s embarrassing stuff, it really is. We will now have to listen to the same excuses and same crap from the players till the next derby. 

Totally agree. My overriding emotion watching Hearts is that of utter boredom - so predictabe & so dull. Hoof hoof hoof - a team of dreadful cloggers.

14 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It's okay though because the players know how much this game means to the fans. Cowards. 

Majority of that team need kicked up and down the dressing room.

This, disgraceful, we have some utter imposters. 

2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

But not player identification. Unless you think we had a sudden influx of NI players after McPhee joined us because levein always wanted to sign them. 

How do you know ? Serious question. the one thing that truly baffles me in all this farce is player recruitment has been terrible for long enough, we are constantly being told the coach has the final say.  But a final say on what ? The best of a bad bunch ?  has CL actually played any/no role in player recruitment ? Genuine question.

27 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I have said for ages that I want new highlights to shout about. All I get back is, "we finished them that day!! 5-1!!" or "wait until the new stand is finished". 

**** that. We give more than enough to our club to feel "entitled" to just a little bit more back. But, hey, its not all bad as we have another Murrayfield experience to look forward to..... Arent things looking so positive, great, great stuff. 

Cheer up we have Jamie Walker.........

My God, what the hell is going on at our club? At the end of each season it’s clear we need to invest in 4-5 decent quality pro’s to lead the team. Supplement with the young players coming through. And what do we do? Continue to sign 6-7 complete shots in the dark with the hope that they come good somehow. I really don’t understand. 

We’re barely through the first round of matches and already playing guys like Henderson and Cochran who are promising, but being hung out to dry by the s*** around them. I despair.

27 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I am being called out for a negative comment on this thread? The dof is responsible for all football matters of which recruitment policy is surely one

Correct. 

30 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

When we used to dominate this fixture, the key was in the first 15 minutes when we fought like mad and earned the right to play. 

To to be fair to Lennon, he has much more experience of major derby games and knows how important it is to set the tone. 

30 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

And who sat there and watched them?

So he was to interfere and tell them who to sign?

Sorry, not having that 

15 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

A record winning championship season is an anomaly, literally. 

The rest of your our post is shite. 

So we haven't spend 3 seasons recycling endless dross?

The fact you're obviously still creaming yourself about winning the Championship says it all. Born loser willing to accept whatever you're spoon fed.

Let’s be honest we have not got the quality the players at the moment 

Are honest journeymen who are not capable of changing a game

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

But not player identification. Unless you think we had a sudden influx of NI players after McPhee joined us because levein always wanted to sign them. 

So Levein let a failing rookie manager be responsible for "player identification" in the window before he was very belatedly and very predictably sacked?

I mean that is just insane.

What experience did Cathro have of "player identification"? He was a backroom coach FFS.

17 minutes ago, RealMaroonCF said:

I honestly think a tiny little bit of perspective is needed

first, yes we were awful. But that is down to last season and the fining if this. It will take TIME and patience to get us out of where we are

second, if this hibs team are the best they've had in a while then we are about 3 players from smashing them into the ground. They won 1-0 with one of two decent chances they had all game. Granted we had about sero

so, let's not be the guy I watched the game with tonight and pretend trophies are handed out for that hibs performance. And laps of honour after the game .... after only ten league games ? Give

me peace

yes we need improvement but we knew that. Get behind the team. I think Leven had a good look at a few tonight and they have put themselves in the "my first and last derby" category

onvw we get to tynie we can the. It round. At least try to believe! 

Poor tonight but f that's a good hibs I'm confident we will be wat above them come may

Spot on. We were poor tonight but Hibs are not great and not even good. Sportsound waxing lyrical about how good they were, really! They only won 1-0 and not 5-1 

The wee team are poor ..that's how pish we were.

Soutar FFS ..almost every dead ball and corner. Try ****in defending that's what a 'defenders" primary job is.

Train all week to take corners like that. 

William H. Bonney
Just now, Gillyboy said:

The wee team are poor ..that's how pish we were.

Soutar FFS ..almost every dead ball and corner. Try ****in defending that's what a 'defenders" primary job is.

Train all week to take corners like that. 

They should be training on their passing. ****ing abysmal from a professional team 

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Sorry, not having that 

AS Director of Football isn't it his job to interfere? If not what exactly is his job.

Now as head coach he handles training twice a week apparently. So he still doesn't interfere much.

It's bizarre.

And more to the point there is absolutely no sign that it is working.

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

I was just pointing out you didn’t know what anomaly meant. 

You said the rest of my post was shite, which is what I've just challenged.

You also said it yourself that season was, literally, an anomaly...record breaking or not.

1 minute ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

They should be training on their passing. ****ing abysmal from a professional team 

Correct ..pass and move the very basics. Train train and train ****in again. Then stay back and practice some dead balls.

4 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Spot on. We were poor tonight but Hibs are not great and not even good. Sportsound waxing lyrical about how good they were, really! They only won 1-0 and not 5-1 

The first part is no surprise and the second part is irrelevant.  I'm not genuinely not bothered about the result because you'd have to be seriously deluded to believe it could have been in doubt. My only concern is what AB has done about resolving the problem of recruiting people who can recruit players which can make HMFC better.  For me this has not been rectified.  CL can play around all he likes ( or dislikes, given he had to be persuaded by the board to take the job) but we have major issues at the club. 

On the plus side I have to work tomorrow so don't have to watch West Ham get ridden dry by ******** Spurs

Just now, Barack said:

Didnae score though...

:look:

Aw mate im to fwkt of tae laugh .

Really .

Nuffin nowt nixy ki

And im too old to make it up with causin trouble

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Not sure about the last two lines, Jake.

But I get the general idea, mate.

Aw mate.

How can football do  you.

Buddy i need to go.

I get barred as it is.

Im gutted

On 10/23/2017 at 18:03, Longshanks said:

Love it.  We are a completely different beast compared to the last few derbys, cannot ****ing wait for tomorrow.

:jjyay:

So what happened? I thought this was the start of us re-emerging as the dominant derby side....... 

13 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Hibs this Hibs that

2 wins in 9

we’re shite

1 loss in 6

is it any wonder I get a bit mouthy.....

Well....?  Post match thoughts?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
50 minutes ago, RealMaroonCF said:

I honestly think a tiny little bit of perspective is needed

first, yes we were awful. But that is down to last season and the fining if this. It will take TIME and patience to get us out of where we are

second, if this hibs team are the best they've had in a while then we are about 3 players from smashing them into the ground. They won 1-0 with one of two decent chances they had all game. Granted we had about sero

so, let's not be the guy I watched the game with tonight and pretend trophies are handed out for that hibs performance. And laps of honour after the game .... after only ten league games ? Give

me peace

yes we need improvement but we knew that. Get behind the team. I think Leven had a good look at a few tonight and they have put themselves in the "my first and last derby" category

onvw we get to tynie we can the. It round. At least try to believe! 

Poor tonight but f that's a good hibs I'm confident we will be wat above them come may

This is where I am. We were pretty shite, but they didn't do an awful lot. We will improve.

9 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

So what happened? I thought this was the start of us re-emerging as the dominant derby side....... 

Someone forgot to order the players. It's been delayed about 6 weeks. 

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Someone forgot to order the players. It's been delayed about 6 weeks. 

Think its more like 6 transfer windows but aye. I wonder if this will be the result and performance that makes those who have been ever accepting of the complete shambles realize the mess we are in. But some how I doubt it. I'll probably read on here on Saturday morning how we are going to skelp Rangers 3-0 and that we have a good squad that is underperforming or some other such bullshit........

50 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Sorry, not having that 

What was his job, then?  To wave a baton around and show the band how to keep time?

3 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Think its more like 6 transfer windows but aye. I wonder if this will be the result and performance that makes those who have been ever accepting of the complete shambles realize the mess we are in. But some how I doubt it. I'll probably read on here on Saturday morning how we are going to skelp Rangers 3-0 and that we have a good squad that is underperforming or some other such bullshit........

That's Kickback mate. Fans are desperate to see signs of improvement , sometimes where it's not justified.  I share your views , my patience ran out last season so I'm not going to  get depressed about a result that doesn't surprise me in the least. 

1 hour ago, JohnB said:

You are kidding of course? Berra is one of the most overrated plonkers I've seen play for us. He was crap when he was with us last and how on earth Wolves paid over £2m for him totally escapes me. And now we've got him back! Never mind we've four years or so to enjoy his silky one-footed distribution or pass backs to the keeper. Tin hat firmly on.

That may be one of the worst posts I've ever read on here, which is saying something.

Berra is head and shoulders above anyone else we have in this squad in terms of quality and commitment.  I almost feel sorry for him having to work with the squad we have as he could be playing at a much higher level.

We should be delighted he is with us and any opinions to the contrary are absolutely mental.

Hearts 0.  That is very hard to take.

Another abject performance against them is even harder to take.

Levein either has to read the riot act or tell the vast bulk of them that they are heading for the exit.

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That's Kickback mate. Fans are desperate to see signs of improvement , sometimes where it's not justified.  I share your views , my patience ran out last season so I'm not going to  get depressed about a result that doesn't surprise me in the least. 

I'm the same man. I'm not down about the result nor depressed, I fully anticipated it as I said (and was slated for) in threads pre match. I'm angry about the complete mismanagement. I'm able to be a bit removed from it not being in Edinburgh but I've many family and friends I care about who were there tonight who I feel pig sick for. They have been at both recent cup capitulations and of course the hope was that we would be a lot better tonight. That we weren't is of little surprise to me and whilst the Hearts support deserve so much more some need to wake up and smell the coffee.

What I simply can't accept is just how badly we have evolved over the last couple of years. We have gone from playing with pace and attacking intent, an exciting goalscoring side to one that is often unwatchable. A catalogue of disastrous signings have been made, some who we are still burdened with and some even in the starting lineup tonight. Its no easy fix now I'm afraid and its going to take time to build a side that is anything like what we want it to be. At least half the squad are not good enough and that is going to take some significant investment to turn around. 

Samuel Camazzola

To those who are up to date with our players out on loan, how are they performing and are they getting regular game time? 

I'm all for seeing youth players being given a chance but think a trend will continue where the current batch in our first team squad will end up being loaned out either later this season or next with no real benefit being witnessed as another turnover of players occurs. 

Jambof3tornado

I saw 1 man brave enough to come and applaud us at the end, Berra.

The rest are a bunch of fekkin imposters.

The youngsters are being hung out to dry.

Frank Sidebottom

The rot set in with Neilson and was made worse by Cathro. I am confident Levein will improve us over time but he is starting from a really poor position due to those two shitebags. 

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

I'm the same man. I'm not down about the result nor depressed, I fully anticipated it as I said (and was slated for) in threads pre match. I'm angry about the complete mismanagement. I'm able to be a bit removed from it not being in Edinburgh but I've many family and friends I care about who were there tonight who I feel pig sick for. They have been at both recent cup capitulations and of course the hope was that we would be a lot better tonight. That we weren't is of little surprise to me and whilst the Hearts support deserve so much more some need to wake up and smell the coffee.

What I simply can't accept is just how badly we have evolved over the last couple of years. We have gone from playing with pace and attacking intent, an exciting goalscoring side to one that is often unwatchable. A catalogue of disastrous signings have been made, some who we are still burdened with and some even in the starting lineup tonight. Its no easy fix now I'm afraid and its going to take time to build a side that is anything like what we want it to be. At least half the squad are not good enough and that is going to take some significant investment to turn around. 

I live a long way from Edinburgh and I haven't been to a game for nearly two years. Did my bit for FoH etc and I share your frustrations.  I just want the season to end and see  what we do in the xfer market (having gambled heavily and lost in the last Jan window , I don't think we'll repeat that mistake).  I was fed up withe club structure two years ago  - and we clearly haven't progressed.  There are still some major structural/attitudinal problems to be addressed.  The fans are being let down for being too patient for too long and the club is at such a low ebb on the playing side that we're not gonna see much improvement this season and I don't expect much more next season (but I have hope, I suppose).  Tynecastle isn't going to be the homecoming we were expecting and that might  do some good.  

54 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Okay mate calm down.  You seem to be taking a little too much pleasure from this than I would expect from a hearts man..... 

Just now, Longshanks said:

Okay mate calm down.  You seem to be taking a little too much pleasure from this than I would expect from a hearts man..... 

Sure. I'm taking pleasure from us capitulating to Hibs yet again. I just would like to hear your views on what happened tonight seeing as you were so confident before hand and felt it necessary to ridicule anyone with a differing view on how it might turn out. 

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

Sure. I'm taking pleasure from us capitulating to Hibs yet again. I just would like to hear your views on what happened tonight seeing as you were so confident before hand and felt it necessary to ridicule anyone with a differing view on how it might turn out. 

Who have I ridiculed? Didn't want to have a dig at you so sorry if it came across that way.  I had high expectations for a Levein hearts team (I won't apologize for that) and we just went through the motions for 90 minutes and done nothing.  Yes I had high expectations, hibs have done **** all for weeks and we have been doing alright away from home. 

Archived