****HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN vs HIBERNIAN****

Pennywise

15 hours ago, Erik said:

I'm not sure I'm quite ready to jump on board the 'Levein will have them up for it this time' train just yet. Those are words we seem to have been muttering before every derby going back to the first cup debacle.

'Aye theres no way we'll ever be that bad again'...... 'Aye, Robbie / Cathro / now Levein will make sure they know whats expected of them this time'. Its all just a bit too familiar at the moment.

I do of course hope that it IS the case, but right now I think its down to the players to actually SHOW that they know the script when it comes to derby matches as a Hearts player. Would hope a lot of responsibility sits on the shoulders of Berra and Lafferty as well as Levein, probably the two of our players best positioned to know all about the importance of a big derby match. I'm just not convinced how many of the rest of our squad really truly 'get it'. Time will tell I guess!

What makes me the most angry is the fact it was so easy to predict as per my own post earlier today. 

Same. Old. Shite. 

And yet STILL some on here will just lap it up and continue to wheel out excuse after excuse. 

‘Aye no danger levein will let that happen again’ 

‘Aye, but we will never play that bad again’ 

etc etc etc 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't fault the effort, but our attacking patterns are dreadful. What do we work on in training? Leathering it to Lafferty with no one within 20 feet is never going to be effective. 

maroonedinbriz

Hate to say it but Hibs had two maybe 3 players who made all of our outfield players look like pudings. Its going to be a bloody long time to sort this mess out and with our recent policy of signing donkeys this could end up a bloody bloody long time.

3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

It’s almost like our mentality going into these games hasn’t changed even tho we’ve changed the managers supposedly responsible for the poor performances. Like as if someone is still at the club and has been pulling the strings all along? Gutless, rudderless, passionless, no imagination, no spark, no fight, no desire, lack of understanding of the game, poor coaching, poor set plays, poor decision making............we’ve won one derby since the Levein came in as DoF. ONE! 

Hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof. Keeper, Berra, punt. Keeper, souttar, punt. 

Robbie and Cathro were recruited because they shared the same approach to what Levein sees as how football should be played these days. 

Thats why we are seeing the same thing time after time. 

Unfortunately, this slow possession based style is already out of fashion. We need tempo. 

Unfortunalty we didn’t deserve to get anything out of that game and deserve everything that’s coming out way over the next few days. Hibs deserved the win and wanted it more unfortunately! We were Outfought and outplayed all over the park. The hoofing the ball up the pitch didn’t work and Craig must take the blame for that! Still don’t think he is the man for the job. The gap between the midfield and striker was unbelievable and the defence was shockingly bad tonight!. It was brutal to watch and those BT commentators never helped! Needing a clear out ASAP. Thought the ref had a shocker of a game tonight. Jon McLaughlin was by far out MOTM and is a very good goalkeeper. I thought young Harry Cochrane put in a decent shift but we can’t be relying on 16 year olds!

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

A bad day at the office. Things can change very quickly.

Weve been waiting at least six months for something to change ... even slowly

3 minutes ago, JohnB said:

You are kidding of course? Berra is one of the most overrated plonkers I've seen play for us. He was crap when he was with us last and how on earth Wolves paid over £2m for him totally escapes me. And now we've got him back! Never mind we've four years or so to enjoy his silky one-footed distribution or pass backs to the keeper. Tin hat firmly on.

I've read some utter pish  on here but this wins it by a country mile . 

Well done Sir , I  salute you , moron of the year bagged with ease . 

1 minute ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

It isnt a curse, but our support became very, very complacent after it.

We finished them that day, didnt you realise? 

You're not wrong there, B_B.

And I say that as someone who happily did a bit of that "finished them" chat at the time.  :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

This. More enthusiasm and desire to succeed in a corpse.

Glad I wasn’t drinking anything cause it would have been over my screen there haha!

JamboCampbell

Once the stand is out the way in terms of funding we will start to see investment in the team. Its the picking of who we sign that worries me but there is alot of money going into this club!

buckhind jambo
14 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Levein has his work cut out sorting this out. 

sorting what out, the mess he has had a big hand in creating!

Lucille's Thirsty
3 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

It isnt a curse, but our support became very, very complacent after it.

We finished them that day, didnt you realise? 

And it's transmitted onto the pitch and we're now on a 8 game winless streak against the vermin.

Neilson and Cathro have left a mediocre and imbalanced squad. No left back, no creativity in midfield, no width and no real pace. 

Tonight was crap and yet still better than the last 2 performances there. 

I can't see any real improvement until the summer which is utterly depressing. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, JamboCampbell said:

Once the stand is out the way in terms of funding we will start to see investment in the team. Its the picking of who we sign that worries me but there is alot of money going into this club!

No we won't. There is a myth building here about our financial firepower post stand completion.

Clark Griswold

Its at times like this I miss the Vlad days. He sure as shit would not have accepted that kind of insipid performance and would have struck fear into the players and manager. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, JohnB said:

You are kidding of course? Berra is one of the most overrated plonkers I've seen play for us. He was crap when he was with us last and how on earth Wolves paid over £2m for him totally escapes me. And now we've got him back! Never mind we've four years or so to enjoy his silky one-footed distribution or pass backs to the keeper. Tin hat firmly on.

No need for a tin hat, mate.

cardboardcutout

We have had a fantastic facility to develop players for years and yet we have produced? 

Looking back think the tactics were totally wrong from CL. Hibs were obviously going to go with two quick wide men,so we set up with a load of players in central mid, and constantly left our full backs one on one. No wonder they were both booked, and to leave a young lad playing on the wrong side against a quick experienced player ?????? Neither was very good but not helped at all by the set up.

On another note anyone else notice that Mcginn runs like the Hunchback !! he's already on his way down in preparation for a free kick.

Hibs are an average side , but with pace in the right places, something we are currently lacking. They get Barker from Man City, and we get the invisible man!!

2 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Neilson and Cathro have left a mediocre and imbalanced squad. No left back, no creativity in midfield, no width and no real pace. 

Tonight was crap and yet still better than the last 2 performances there. 

I can't see any real improvement until the summer which is utterly depressing. 

Spot on,our recruitment since coming back up has been a disgrace.

Our squad is criminally lacking pace and width.

3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

You're not wrong there, B_B.

And I say that as someone who happily did a bit of that "finished them" chat at the time.  :facepalm:

I have said for ages that I want new highlights to shout about. All I get back is, "we finished them that day!! 5-1!!" or "wait until the new stand is finished". 

**** that. We give more than enough to our club to feel "entitled" to just a little bit more back. But, hey, its not all bad as we have another Murrayfield experience to look forward to..... Arent things looking so positive, great, great stuff. 

Confidence was a big issue aswell. The hibs players are not fantastic but they had a spring in their step, a swagger and an arrogance that we were lacking. It annoyed me the amount of times they were slyly pulling our players back and the the constant niggly fouls that often go unnoticed. I wish our players did that though. 

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Robbie and Cathro were recruited because they shared the same approach to what Levein sees as how football should be played these days. 

Thats why we are seeing the same thing time after time. 

Unfortunately, this slow possession based style is already out of fashion. We need tempo. 

I have no coaching badges and I have no football management experience. For the past week I’ve been saying “hearts won’t win and we won’t score cause we will be bullied and over ran in midfield. McGinn and Bartley will dominate and we will just surrender the midfield and go long”. We are so, so predictable. We don’t even get close to them to kick them or get in their faces. It’s embarrassing stuff, it really is. We will now have to listen to the same excuses and same crap from the players till the next derby. 

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

You don’t know what a director of football does do you?

still, too good an opportunity to not make a negative comment. 

I am being called out for a negative comment on this thread? The dof is responsible for all football matters of which recruitment policy is surely one

3 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Neilson and Cathro

4 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Neilson and Cathro

Neilson and Cathro

Neilson and Cathro

And who sat there and watched them?

JamboCampbell
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No we won't. There is a myth building here about our financial firepower post stand completion.

Wheres the money going then? What is the myth?

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yup. And don't expect anything at all in January.  There's a long two years ahead IMO before we see anything approaching a decent team. 

I thought that we might get something from this game tonight just because we have been able to keep games tight.But it is so evident that the team is badly lacking in balance,pace and quality.Levein is reaping what he has sowed in his poor oversight of recruitment.I doubt that there will be much leeway in the January window as resources will be directed to the new stand.

4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Well thank you so much for that kind accolade. Hope you won't mind too much If I remind you that your guide dog will by now probably be needing out for a pee.

16 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Absolutely this, 100% without question. Anyone who thinks CL lacks passion is deluded. 

Wish he'd show it.

6 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

And it's transmitted onto the pitch and we're now on a 8 game winless streak against the vermin.

Indeed. Since the new era began we have been far, far too nice, cosy and accepting of anything. As a support and as a club. We have no edge, , no urgency, no real drive and we (support and club) simply accept it as the money keeps rolling in. 

And, as a business, why not? The finances are/will be there so all is rosy, no? 

It should have been ten
10 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Hardly, JohnB is telling it as it he sees it. Berra is an absolute hoofballer and the majority of his hoofs go everywhere but a fellow player!!!!!

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, JamboCampbell said:

Wheres the money going then? What is the myth?

The money will be directed into inflated wages for the likes of Lafferty and Berra while there will be another myth over the quality of youngsters because of the amazing work behind the scenes. :rolleyes:

Just now, Bowmans_Boot said:

Indeed. Since the new era began we have been far, far too nice, cosy and accepting of anything. As a support and as a club. We have no edge, , no urgency, no real drive and we (support and club) simply accept it as the money keeps rolling in. 

This. 

Lucille's Thirsty
Just now, Bowmans_Boot said:

We are coasting along, the complete and utter lack of investment into the playing staff is starting to annoy me, we give them a lot of money and I couldn't care if there's a new stand to pay for.

We aren't getting what we all pay for, the club are happy for the money to keep rolling in start to fight for us you shitebags!!! 

32 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Oh calm down. Did you feel the same during the championship season?

no of course not. Like the rest of us you felt like this was a new start for Hearts, and it is. We just need to get rid of too many shite players and we’ll be fine. 

I thought the championship season was poor against Hibs and a bit of an anomaly. I didn't see it as a new start...pleasing though it was.

We've been recycling white players for years. We have no passion and fight in the club. Different faces same shit. You keep waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel though, fair play.

4 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Wish he'd show it.

Levein has total passion for the Hearts.

You are wrong to say he doesn’t.

Shooter McGavin

It's okay though because the players know how much this game means to the fans. Cowards. 

Majority of that team need kicked up and down the dressing room.

4 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Hardly, JohnB is telling it as it he sees it. Berra is an absolute hoofballer and the majority of his hoofs go everywhere but a fellow player!!!!!

He is easily our best player and just who the **** is he going to past to in the midfield ? 

If i had those jokers in midfield I'd hoof the ball up top, there is zero other options 

We are still paying the price for historically poor recruitment. A club of our stature should not need to pitch in 16/17 year old kids into a key fixture.

For example if Isma, Stockton and Milinkovic are not good enough to start ahead of Euan Henderson, then they should not be at the club.

How many attempts at signing a left back is that now and yet still we're putting square pegs in round holes?

I honestly think a tiny little bit of perspective is needed

first, yes we were awful. But that is down to last season and the fining if this. It will take TIME and patience to get us out of where we are

second, if this hibs team are the best they've had in a while then we are about 3 players from smashing them into the ground. They won 1-0 with one of two decent chances they had all game. Granted we had about sero

so, let's not be the guy I watched the game with tonight and pretend trophies are handed out for that hibs performance. And laps of honour after the game .... after only ten league games ? Give

me peace

yes we need improvement but we knew that. Get behind the team. I think Leven had a good look at a few tonight and they have put themselves in the "my first and last derby" category

onvw we get to tynie we can the. It round. At least try to believe! 

Poor tonight but f that's a good hibs I'm confident we will be wat above them come may

Bobby Tomaschek
22 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It's okay though because the players know how much this game means to the fans. Cowards. 

Majority of that team need kicked up and down the dressing room.

This. Absolutely this. 

All talk; no bottle. 

michael_bolton
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Levein has total passion for the Hearts.

You are wrong to say he doesn’t.

I think it's fair to say he does. And there are different ways to show that, it doesn't need to be running around screaming in people's faces.

But my worry is that he didn't seem to learn from recent derbies. I expected a lot more from a coach with so much experience. Most of us on this site are unqualified diddies, yet most of us could have predicted that beginning to the game. Really, really poor.

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

He is easily our best player and just who the **** is he going to past to in the midfield ? 

If i had those jokers in midfield I'd hoof the ball up top, there is zero other options 

Correct.

As well to put it over their heads because if you didn’t the ‘midfielders’ wouldn’t know what to do with the damn thing anyway.

15 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I have no coaching badges and I have no football management experience. For the past week I’ve been saying “hearts won’t win and we won’t score cause we will be bullied and over ran in midfield. McGinn and Bartley will dominate and we will just surrender the midfield and go long”. We are so, so predictable. We don’t even get close to them to kick them or get in their faces. It’s embarrassing stuff, it really is. We will now have to listen to the same excuses and same crap from the players till the next derby. 

But we start with kids who have nice touches but this game needed street smarts and guys like McGinn have it. 

MacDonald Jardine
24 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Would Djoum and Cowie have made a difference? Would they really? I'm far from convinced.  Beginning to think 5-1 is a curse just like 7-0 was for them.

Thoroughly disheartened but I'll get over it.

In what way was 7-0 a curse for them?

They spent the rest of the 70s winning more or less all the time against us.

5-1 is only a curse for us because too many use it as a comfort blanket. 

FFS even in the relegation season our record against them was decent. 

Since then though we've found a new way of running a club which apparently considers actually winning derbies unimportant. 

8 minutes ago, Erik said:

What makes me the most angry is the fact it was so easy to predict as per my own post earlier today. 

Same. Old. Shite. 

And yet STILL some on here will just lap it up and continue to wheel out excuse after excuse. 

‘Aye no danger levein will let that happen again’ 

‘Aye, but we will never play that bad again’ 

etc etc etc 

You are correct. Some thought Levein would wave some magic wand and would have us battering Hibs from first to last. I read predictions of 3-0 and 3-1 ffs....!!!  Do you know that we have not scored 3 goals in our last 20 SPL games. Not once!!!  We've only managed to score 2 goals in 4 matches out of those 20 league games   and we have only managed 10 goals in 11 league games this season.  And yet people had us winning at Easter Road because of some perceived notion he would 'have us right up for it'. Hibs were always going to be right up for it too and they have a better balance to their team, are much more experienced as a group and have not made the catalogue of dire signings we have, at least in recent times. Exhibit a being their signing of Murray in comparison to our signing of Stockton. Bewildering. 

Until such time as Hearts start being honest with us about the complete shambles they have made of player recruitment then we are going nowhere. Its not on Robbie, its not on Cathro, its not on Levein and its not on the scouts, ITS ON EVERY ****ING ONE OF THEM. Stevie Wonder could tell after 5 minutes that many of the latest batch are still no improvement on what we have run through over the last few windows. Who in the name of **** found and thought yeah lets sign Grzelak? Who thought Nowak was ever going to be good enough? Or Stockton? or Martin?  And thats just a few of the current staff. Lets not even get into the ever ending list of crap left backs etc etc. The entire first team staff needs overhauled save for a few experienced players and some promising youngsters.

I couldn't give a toss if we finish 5th or 9th this season as quite frankly who cares. Its no achievement whatsoever getting top 6 and this team are going absolutely nowhere without massive surgery. It would of course be great to think we might have a good Scottish Cup run but who are we kidding, we don't and won't win big matches with this group and that is not going to change anytime soon. 8 games in the row we have now failed to beat Hibs, our greatest rivals. Thats the longest undefeated run they have had against us since the mid 70's when we failed to win in 9 competitive matches. 

1 minute ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

In what way was 7-0 a curse for them?

They spent the rest of the 70s winning more or less all the time against us.

5-1 is only a curse for us because too many use it as a comfort blanket. 

FFS even in the relegation season our record against them was decent. 

Since then though we've found a new way of running a club which apparently considers actually winning derbies unimportant. 

I would have typed that response MJ if you hadn’t.

Well said.

Archived