• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Corbyn really is an arse.  I’m pro remain but even I appreciate the fact that we can’t take no deal off the table until further discussions have taken place cross parties.  

MP's have already voted for a no deal exit should a deal be rejected when they passed the article 50 act. Overwhelmingly I might add.

2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Corbyn really is an arse.  I’m pro remain but even I appreciate the fact that we can’t take no deal off the table until further discussions have taken place cross parties.  

I'm pro-Remain and think that Corbyn is an arse as well. I wish he'd just get on with working with May and the others to resolve this issue rather than aiming everything towards getting his party back into power. On the other hand, I think that no-deal *can* be taken off the table before further discussions can take place, I just don't think it's a pre-requisite.

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The other guy, not sure how that happened though, I demand a recount.

:D

...a bit disco
44 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Be interesting to see if supported by anyone else.

Though some Labour MPs might have been excused - pregnant MP for example. 

314 Tories, 10 DUP and 1 Independent, namely Lady Sylvia Hermon.

:lol:

No deal was voted on and adopted.     Fact.     Another fact coming up... it can still be taken off the table.     The house can vote to make the default,  no deal outcome as unacceptable.

People say it can't be taken off the table as it is enshrined in law.    WRONG.    It is the law but another law can replace it up and until we leave.

The polka dot unicorns are on the loose again.     The 'managed no deal' is being talked about again.      Yet more fog being blown into the pea-souper.

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The polka dot unicorns are on the loose again.     The 'managed no deal' is being talked about again.      Yet more fog being blown into the pea-souper.

Desperation. No-deal, "managed" or not, has very little chance of being accepted by parliament.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Desperation. No-deal, "managed" or not, has very little chance of being accepted by parliament.

It's total fantasy peddled by those who are petrified of a soft Brexit or no Brexit.     It would be better named the 'it will be awright honest no deal'.        

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Labour planning to submit more votes on no confidence, apparently. 

I suspect they’re going to go all out to force a GE, I think that will backfire. 

I also think May will start backtracking on her redlines and try and sell as opposition parties fault and only way she can push deal through is to back track. This way she will try and sell angle she’s honouring democracy and other forcing a ‘softer’ deal.

On the face of it,   a daily no confidence motion for a month changes nothing.    It would be the same vote time after time.    The only things that can alter the vote are the DUP voting for a motion or some Tories.      Certainly the DUP will be using the possibility and threat as leverage on May.     A lesser possibility is that a group of Tories could attempt similar.       The DUP are only likely to vote for a no confidence motion in the event of May's deal looking likely to succeed.      A group of hard Brexit Tories voting to bring down their own government would normally seem highly,  highly unlikely.     But some of these people are off their heads...

Edited by Victorian

Its hard to see how she can get a deal through without Labour. DUP will not vote for it. Tories are split. No matter what concessions can be made. 

Edited by Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its hard to see how she can get a deal through without Labour. DUP will not vote for it. Tories are split. No matter what concessions can be made. 

Setting conditions on the cross party talks wont help but it could be part of a strategy to go through the motions while the clock runs down.    Then the May deal is brought back after a period of stalemate and MPs are even more concerned about no deal.      She'll be looking to drive divisions between the Labour front bench and the rest of the PLP,     as well as working hard on her own party's rebels.       Basically to try to force it through as more and more MPs shite the cot.

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Setting conditions on the cross party talks wont help but it could be part of a strategy to go through the motions while the clock runs down.    Then the May deal is brought back after a period of stalemate and MPs are even more concerned about no deal.      She'll be looking to drive divisions between the Labour front bench and the rest of the PLP,     as well as working hard on her own party's rebels.       Basically to try to force it through as more and more MPs shite the cot.

Seems to be the May plan

As Parliament have committed themselves to No Deal agreeing the May deal may well be the only way to avoid that. Given there is not enough time to organise a referendum, delaying Article 50 is complicated and may need May to do it, a General election is unlikely to be decisive etc etc. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Just now, Cade said:

72 days to go.

Nobody has a fecking scooby what they're doing.

Almost.    Nobody has a scooby what they CAN do.      It's the system of parliament that is largely to blame for the stalemate.     Allowing a minority,  zombie government to remain whilst unable to legislate.     

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Seems to be the May plan

As Parliament have committed themselves to No Deal agreeing the May deal may well be the only way to avoid that. Given there is not enough time to organise a referendum, delaying Article 50 is complicated and may need May to do it, a General election is unlikely to be decisive etc etc. 

The EU are giving the UK the total come on regarding a postponement.     But quite rightly it is up to the UK to suggest it and request it.      It will only be legitimate and command any faith if it is the express will of parliament.      The EU can't nanny the UK through this.

Enough numbers to survive confidence votes both inside the Tory party and inside the House AS the Tory party.

Not enough numbers to pass anything through Parliament.

Something has got to give, and soon.

17 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Labour planning to submit more votes on no confidence, apparently. 

I suspect they’re going to go all out to force a GE, I think that will backfire. 

I also think May will start backtracking on her redlines and try and sell as opposition parties fault and only way she can push deal through is to back track. This way she will try and sell angle she’s honouring democracy and other forcing a ‘softer’ deal.

Lewis Goodall on sky, said earier that his sources had told him that the Lib Dems & the SNP wouldn't support such a plan of bringing no confidence vote again and again and again when there was no chance of winning, he added that they (Lib Dems & SNP) didn't want to play that game.

Presumably because they knew that it would backfire with the electorate.

He's just repeated the same just now on Sky.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Lewis Goodall on sky, said earier that his sources had told him that the Lib Dems & the SNP wouldn't support such a plan of bringing no confidence vote again and again and again when there was no chance of winning, he added that they (Lib Dems & SNP) didn't want to play that game.

Presumably because they knew that it would backfire with the electorate.

He's just repeated the same just now on Sky.

With an agenda.    The SNP and LD want to steer parliament towards a postponement of A50 and a referendum.

The only way to ever leave the EU and respect the vote was a no deal. Infact the only way to get a deal with the EU is to actually leave it and come back to the table at a later date. 

Christ, if we had walked the day after article 50 was triggered, Scotland would be Independent and back in the EU in some form. England would have left and re negotiated some sort of trade deal with the EU and we’d all be moving forward with hope and positivity.

Instead what we’ve had is years of wasted time, politicking and clueless, indecisive  shitebag MP’s coming up with shit plan after shit plan.

If the UK wasn’t full of docile, passive, brain dead shitehawks we’d have had a revolution and hoisted these incompetent MP’s heids onto spikes outside Parliament. :laugh:

Edited by Cruyff Turn

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Enough numbers to survive confidence votes both inside the Tory party and inside the House AS the Tory party.

Not enough numbers to pass anything through Parliament.

Something has got to give, and soon.

Labour ruled from 1974 to 1979 with a minority government and lost commons vote after commons vote.

So it can be done, mind we did have the 3 day week, power cuts and of course the 'winter of discontent' so I wouldn't want a repeat of those days.

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

With an agenda.    The SNP and LD want to steer parliament towards a postponement of A50 and a referendum.

They all have agenda's, and that's one of the main problems.

Perhaps what they should all be working towards now, is, instead of saying what I won't accept but saying what I can live with, then perhaps some sort of consensus could be reached.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

The only way to ever leave the EU and respect the vote was a no deal. Infact the only way to get a deal with the EU is to actually leave it and come back to the table at a later date. 

Christ, if we had walked the day after article 50 was triggered, Scotland would be Independent and back in the EU in some form. England would have left and re negotiated some sort of trade deal with the EU and we’d all be moving forward with hope and positivity.

Instead what we’ve had is years of wasted time, politicking and clueless, indecisive  shitebag MP’s coming up with shit plan after shit plan.

If the UK wasn’t full of docile, passive, brain dead shitehawks we’d have had a revolution and hoisted these incompetent MP’s heids onto spikes outside Parliament. :laugh:

:greatpost:

Things we will hear in her speech at 10pm:

"Brexit means Brexit"

"The vote must be respected"

"My deal is still the best"

"We're leaving in 72 days no matter what"

"National Interest"

Feel free to add any of MayBot's usual soundbites.

Best not make it a drinking game or we'd all be smashed.

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Cade said:

"Brexit means Brexit"

"National Interest"

The will of the people

Etc etc.

It just merges into one turgid pointless drone devoid of thought or content. 

Sadly,    just the presentation of a speech is enough to satisfy some people that she is right to carry on as she is.     People will see a polished,   professional delivery and be satisfied.      Cunning politicians and their advisors know this all too well.

11 minutes ago, Cade said:

"Brexit means Brexit"

"National Interest"

She'll say that they and she are 'clear' about many things.

10 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

She'll say that they and she are 'clear' about many things.

Put self interest aside

Met Leaders of Lib Dems, SNP and Welsh this evening. Meeting 'groups of MPs' tomorrow. 

Disappointed Labour "not chosen to take part' yet. 

Put National Interest 1st and deliver Brexit 

FOR SALE.

Some old bullshit about Labour being the villains for boycotting talks.     Limited stock.     People buying it fast.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Put self interest aside

Met Leaders of Lib Dems, SNP and Welsh this evening. Meeting 'groups of MPs' tomorrow. 

Disappointed Labour "not chosen to take part' yet. 

Put National Interest 1st and deliver Brexit 

She's right about Corbyn. He doesn't have an anti Brexit position so he should absolutely be involved in the cross party talks. The negotiations should have involved all parties right from the start.

22 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Sadly,    just the presentation of a speech is enough to satisfy some people that she is right to carry on as she is.     People will see a polished,   professional delivery and be satisfied.      Cunning politicians and their advisors know this all too well.

"Show us the money!"

I'm glad May has won the confidence vote although we have to just bail out now. No deal will soon become a deal when the impact on the EU shows itself as more yellow jacket riots. I have always thought this. 

Newsnight soon.     6 or 7 Tories on,  1 or 2 Labour.    The DUP.     Someone from The Spectator.     Iain Dale from LBC.    No SNP or LD.

Amirite?

Ask for a 12 month postponement to facilitate a managed no deal?

:rofl:

Aye.    The EU will happily allow that right enough.      ****ing hell.

So neither Blackford or Cable will vote for any deal. They want a “people’s vote” however they are demanding things be on the table that they will ultimately not vote for. Real Yes Minister stuff!

43 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

So neither Blackford or Cable will vote for any deal. They want a “people’s vote” however they are demanding things be on the table that they will ultimately not vote for. Real Yes Minister stuff!

But thanked earlier by Theresa May for meeting her unlike that 'uncooperative' Corbyn.

Wizzair already sending out emails about passports in the event of no deal brexit.

The rules for travel to most countries in Europe will change if the UK leaves the European Union (EU) with no deal. The government has increased planning for a no deal EU Exit and is asking citizens to make sure they are also prepared.

UK passport holders should therefore check their passport to see whether it is valid for travel after 29 March 2019.

In case you don’t have an UK passport, info will follow.

After 29 March 2019:

1. You should have 6 months left on your UK passport from your date of arrival. This applies to adult and child passports.

2. If you renewed a passport before it expired, extra months may have been added to your new passport’s expiry date. Any extra months on your passport over 10 years may not count towards the 6 months that should be remaining for travel to most countries in Europe. The new rules will apply to passports issued by the UK, Gibraltar, Guernsey, the Isle of Man and Jersey. Further information related to other nationality passports is not yet available. Please check your country specific travel document requirements.

Currently, UK passport holders can travel to all EU countries as long as they have enough remaining validity to cover the length of their stay, so it’s important to be aware of the above changes in a ‘no deal’ Brexit.

So, please check your passport and if you are affected, you should consider renewing your passport earlier than planned.

The affected (Schengen area) countries are: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

We voted to remain part of the UK.  We then voted to leave the EU.  Just get it done ffs, you asked the people to decide and that's our* decision. 

*I didn't vote for either of these things but the people of Scotland and the UK wanted this so we have to make it happen now. 

Brighton Jambo

I just can’t believe how much stick corbyn is not getting right now.  Nearly all polls suggest if there was a general election tomorrow the conservatives would win.  

Let that sink in for a moment, despite all this carnage they would win because the British public have wised up to corbyn.  He is the worst leader of the opposition in living memory.  Labour should be 20 points ahead and set for a decade in power buy because of him they have no chance.  Why people aren’t calling for him to go is beyond me.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I'm glad May has won the confidence vote although we have to just bail out now. No deal will soon become a deal when the impact on the EU shows itself as more yellow jacket riots. I have always thought this. 

:laugh:

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I just can’t believe how much stick corbyn is not getting right now.  Nearly all polls suggest if there was a general election tomorrow the conservatives would win.  

Let that sink in for a moment, despite all this carnage they would win because the British public have wised up to corbyn.  He is the worst leader of the opposition in living memory.  Labour should be 20 points ahead and set for a decade in power buy because of him they have no chance.  Why people aren’t calling for him to go is beyond me.  

The right thing for the PM to do now is try to get some kind of cross-party consensus or common view on a negotiating stance to take back to the EU27.  Even if that stance doesn't work, it's sensible to try and it has to be reasonable and realistic.  If Labour won't play and the other parties do, the PM should consult as closely as she can with the others and keep inviting Labour to change its mind.  Then, however business with the EU27 goes, I think Labour will sink in the polls and the others involved in the cross-party effort - including the Conservatives - will get some kind of bounce.  That's a speculative view on my part, but I think it would hold up.

6 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Spot on,a front bench containing Corbyn,MacDonald and Abbott is unthinkable.We currently have the most inept government in generations but Labour are an absolute shambles at the top,astonishing to think the Tories would piss a general election.

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )