Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

coconut doug
3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Another meeting where the FM flyes down for. Blackford should be there as he is supposedly the SNP leader in Westminster. Sturgeon needs to get on with running Scotland. 

So he's not excluded then, it's a confusion over leadership roles!

Don't you think it more appropriate given the nature of the talks that the party leader should be there rather than the parliamentary group leader, after all Nicola represents the whole party whereas Blackford only represents SNP MPS?

Seems only fair that as Nicola and the SNP are doing such a good job "running Scotland" that she should help out at Westminster. TBF they need all the help they can get down there.

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Another meeting where the FM flyes down for. Blackford should be there as he is supposedly the SNP leader in Westminster. Sturgeon needs to get on with running Scotland. 

That's why she's there. To protect Scotland. 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Thats Blackfords job. If she has to fly down to attend a meeting then Blackford is not to the job.

Edited by Dannie Boy

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

For me the Top Leader needs to be in Westminster where they have first hand knowledge of what’s going on. 

I do agree it is a National Emergency.  In saying that the latest ministerial resignation has said his job no longer needed. Make of that what you will. 

The SNP are in a strange position where they stand in elections for a parliament they don't want to be a part of. I think their leader being in the Scottish Parliament rather than Westminster is a political statement as much as anything. 

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

:rofl: I'll have what you are having please. Delivering Brexit? That's either the most deluded post or most intentional lie on this thread. Honestly, ****ing hell. Belter. 

Deluded would be thinking Brexit isn't happening. 

Tie in the vote on Government business on monday!

Final score 310-310.

Extra time and penalties on the way.

:scenes:

Bercow uses his casting vote to vote against the motion.
Govt has the floor on monday.

Edited by Cade

AlphonseCapone
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Deluded would be thinking Brexit isn't happening. 

I'm pretty confident Brexit will happen. To claim May and Corbyn are delivering it though is ridiculous. At least admit to that? 

2 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

So he's not excluded then, it's a confusion over leadership roles!

Don't you think it more appropriate given the nature of the talks that the party leader should be there rather than the parliamentary group leader, after all Nicola represents the whole party whereas Blackford only represents SNP MPS?

Seems only fair that as Nicola and the SNP are doing such a good job "running Scotland" that she should help out at Westminster. TBF they need all the help they can get down there.

He was not at the meeting so he’s obviously been excluded again. 

No it’s appropriate that the Party Leader in the House should be there. We obviously disagree there. My point is in Westminster the Leader in that house should be the main person. Sturgeon has no authority or voting rights in that House. She cannot participate in debates or be part of all the various committees. Therefor IMO it should be Blackford. 

I do do agree that Westminster needs help as it’s a bloody shambles at the moment especially on Brexit.

6 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

The SNP are in a strange position where they stand in elections for a parliament they don't want to be a part of. I think their leader being in the Scottish Parliament rather than Westminster is a political statement as much as anything. 

You could well be right there.

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Final score 310-310.

I wonder which Bercow cast his vote!

Cruyff Turn
9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:spoton:

Blackford is leader in the house, not leader of the party.

Much like the DUP, it is Arlene Foster who deals with talks as leader not Nigel Dodds. 

That vote just shows how split this parliament is. I not even sure now if there was a GE there would be a party with a clear majority. 

I repeat myself again revoke or ask the people again leave or stay. 

4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I'm pretty confident Brexit will happen. To claim May and Corbyn are delivering it though is ridiculous. At least admit to that? 

The big thing that has prevented a Remain process taking control has been both May and Corbyn leading a process that prioritised leaving. Despite massive pressure inside Labour Corbyn has navigated towards where we are now. 

Which is a deal, no referendum and Brexit most likely on 22 May. 

FFS Blackford was not complaining about HE PERSONALLY not being part of talks but the the SNP AS A WHOLE being ignored throughout the entire process.

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:spoton:

Blackford is leader in the house, not leader of the party.

Much like the DUP, it is Arlene Foster who deals with talks as leader not Nigel Dodds. 

Thats wrong as well. IMO the Leader needs to operate in the senior parliament of the UK and not some lower House.

Just now, Cade said:

FFS Blackford was not complaining about HE PERSONALLY not being part of talks but the the SNP AS A WHOLE being ignored throughout the entire process.

So he wanted to help May deliver Brexit?

1 minute ago, Cade said:

They have not been ignored. They claim to have been ignored but that is not the case. 

AlphonseCapone
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The big thing that has prevented a Remain process taking control has been both May and Corbyn leading a process that prioritised leaving. Despite massive pressure inside Labour Corbyn has navigated towards where we are now. 

Which is a deal, no referendum and Brexit most likely on 22 May. 

I just don't think it's feasible to to claim May or Corbyn are delivering anything rather than stumbling uselessly towards increasingly limited options when for the first time in history we've saw parliament take control of house business on more than one day. You have to be in control to deliver anything and May certainly isn't, never mind Corbyn. 

BTW, just to confirm I don't think anyone is in control of Brexit, leavers or remainers. We're currently a rudderless ship. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

I just don't think it's feasible to to claim May or Corbyn are delivering anything rather than stumbling uselessly towards increasingly limited options when for the first time in history we've saw parliament take control of house business on more than one day. You have to be in control to deliver anything and May certainly isn't, never mind Corbyn. 

Yeah. We have different definitions. Corbyn has till now no power to deliver Brexit. May has been useless. But if Brexit happens that is forgotten. Aside from the fall out!

Cooper Bill wins by 1 vote.

Following Jeremy Corbyn's meeting with Theresa May, a Labour spokesman has said: "We have had constructive exploratory discussions about how to break the Brexit deadlock.

"We have agreed a programme of work between our teams to explore the scope for agreement."

Cruyff Turn
19 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Thats wrong as well. IMO the Leader needs to operate in the senior parliament of the UK and not some lower House.

It’s not wrong, It’s in your opinion, which is wrong.

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

It’s not wrong, It’s in your opinion, which is wrong.

No you are wrong. Yes it’s my opinion just as you claiming “it’s not wrong” is your opinion. 

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

No you are wrong. Yes it’s my opinion just as you claiming “it’s not wrong” is your opinion. 

You’re wrong because what happens in reality is fact. 

23 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You’re wrong because what happens in reality is fact. 

In your opinion.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Final score 310-310.

image.png.6ed56c4fdec6b5dfa00db8a113781fa0.png

Cruyff Turn
19 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

In your opinion.

Ok, it’s my opinion that Nicola Sturgeon, as leader of the Devolved Government and leader of the SNP, met with the PM in London today. IMO.

26 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Ok, it’s my opinion that Nicola Sturgeon, as leader of the Devolved Government and leader of the SNP, met with the PM in London today. IMO.

An opinion which you are entitled to hold. ?

Edited by Dannie Boy
An

The main vote on whether today's rebel control of the Commons can go ahead was won 312-311 - suggesting the Commons is on a knife edge for when draft laws which seek to block a No Deal next week are voted on later tonight. 

Final count 315 310 

still displaying massive split split in the house 

Edited by Dannie Boy

A few die-hard People's Vote MPs abstained on the Cooper bill as they feel that if No-Deal is legally taken off the table, Labour may not get behind a 2nd Referendum push.

Tories ready to split down the middle due to a Customs Union.

Labour ready to split down the middle due to a People's Vote.

:turmoil:

Nick Boles just tweeted this:

I am no longer a member of the Conservative Party.

So I can be blunt where previously I might have been discreet.

The PM’s head of communications Robbie Gibb is a hard Brexiter who wants to destroy the PM’s new search for a cross party compromise.

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Cooper bill defeated at the Committee stage by 313-304, a majority of 9.

No it wasn't. They are voting on amendments at the minute.

6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

A lot of late nights this MPing

Plenty of cheap bars in the Palace of Westminster.

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Can someone sum up this shit-show currently, please? 

What's happened since dinner time? I've been preoccupied with another shit-show in Glasgow until now.

Score draw on indicative votes. Speaker goes to VAR and calls it Government win. Now voting on Cooper / Letwin bill which, I think , rules out no deal.

The rest of the time has been mostly taken up by Bill Cash talking xenophobic bollocks.

These are amendment votes.   The 3rd reading of the bill is still to come.    These amendments are the desperate death throes of frantic hard Brexit zealots,    utterly sickened that the house has managed to force a mandatory course of action on the PM.     Desperate to water it down.    Frustrate it.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

These are amendment votes.   The 3rd reading of the bill is still to come.    These amendments are the desperate death throes of frantic hard Brexit zealots,    utterly sickened that the house has managed to force a mandatory course of action on the PM.     Desperate to water it down.    Frustrate it.

Government amendment got walloped.

Until very recently,   this PMB would have been shelved in respect of the PM stating a similar course of action.     But the well of trust is dry.     This is a great message being sent as well as being of practical use.

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )