Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Cade said:

It was always going to be, as the GFA makes a hard brexit impossible.

But some boy on a football forum told them the GFA wasn't an issue. He should have got an invite to the meeting ???

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think there can be agreement around Common Market 2.0. They've only had a week and they made a lot of progress yesterday with Labour and SNP formally supporting it. 

Possibly. However it depends what side of the bed Jeremy gets out of as the last time he was invited to a meeting, he arrived looks at who was there and sai stuff it I’m off. 

It also sets the agenda in stone that the compromise agreement is purely for the PD.    The WA must remain as is.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Cade said:

It was always going to be, as the GFA makes a hard brexit impossible.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

But some boy on a football forum told them the GFA wasn't an issue. He should have got an invite to the meeting ???

It doesn't make a hard Brexit impossible unless you are saying the deal agreed by May and the EU (including Ireland) is either Soft Brexit or breaches the GFA.

Maybe some boy on a Football Forum did say the GFA "wasn't an issue" but if so it wasn't me.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

It doesn't make a hard Brexit impossible unless you are saying the deal agreed by May and the EU (including Ireland) is either Soft Brexit or breaches the GFA.

Maybe some boy on a Football Forum did say the GFA "wasn't an issue" but if so it wasn't me.

Good lad?

Labour have whipped very well.    They are quite disciplined.     A fact that will not be lost on May's strategists.

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It also sets the agenda in stone that the compromise agreement is purely for the PD.    The WA must remain as is.

Labour has always said (not very loudly) it would accept the Withdrawal Agreement if future agreement was based on customs union and closer single market relationship. 

JudyJudyJudy

She has constantly refused to Negotiate with Labour about their 6 red lines so what the hell is she up to?  Good news might be that she agrees on some of the red lines ( Customs union and free movement of peoples) but states she had to concede this as Labour demanding it.  Therefore Labour get the wrath ( short term) of the Brexit mob.  Pretty smart move if she pulls it off. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Labour has always said (not very loudly) it would accept the Withdrawal Agreement if future agreement was based on customs union and closer single market relationship. 

Yep.  I think she's rightly trying to focus the efforts.     Maybe she's had a moment of clarity or the advisors have sobered up.

10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

**** me, this is truly terrifying. May and Corbyn leading the process to come up with a new deal, two of the most incompetent party leaders we’ve had the misfortune to witness.

It kind of feel like what should have been done two years.

Doubt it will lead to any agreement for anything and don’t think an extension to get things agree before European elections are done.

But the options are fairly limited and already set out 

Labour moved it's position yesterday to support Common Market 2.0. As did the SNP. It's an obvious proposal. With the  ability also to suspend free movement.

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Yep.  I think she's rightly trying to focus the efforts.     Maybe she's had a moment of clarity or the advisors have sobered up.

Dont think her husband drinks?

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

She has constantly refused to Negotiate with Labour about their 6 red lines so what the hell is she up to?  Good news might be that she agrees on some of the red lines ( Customs union and free movement of peoples) but states she had to concede this as Labour demanding it.  Therefore Labour get the wrath ( short term) of the Brexit mob.  Pretty smart move if she pulls it off. 

Forced into a corner. 3 defeats and hint Speaker was not going to allow another vote. And signs Parliament will support a soft Brexit. 

Labour has been committed to delivering Brexit. All the talk of second referendum etc has been that - talk. So it will deliver Brexit. 

Edited by Mikey1874

If this goes to stated script,   we leave with this WA and the PD is enhanced.     But right now it is not binding.     The binding aspect will play an important part in the talks.    If it's left as not binding then the Brexiteers will continue to water it down again.     

2 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

This strikes me as a very wise position to take in 2017.

Ended by saying consensus to deliver the national interest.

Who knew. 

**** me she is compromising finally. Maybe she realises that what ever it is she does her party are about to implode anyways. 

She has tried to walk the line between saving her party and getting the country a good deal. She should have been concentrating on the latter and would have come out of this with a massive amount of respect. 

Still don't trust a word that comes out of her mouth so we will have to wait and see IF she is true to her word. 

4 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

This strikes me as a very wise position to take in 2017.

Indeed.   A lot of Labour people will be banging that drum.

It puts the EU on the spot as well.   Big time.     It appears to represent a material change in attitude and the EU would look rather guilty if they refuse this extension and no deal happens.     At the same time,   the EU would be happy to have it all agreed without the UK taking part in EU elections.

Labour and EU challenged.    Hard Brexit wallopers held at arms length for now.

Donald Tusk:

Even if, after today, we don’t know what the end result will be, let us be patient.

EU will give us another short extension, but only if we are seen to be making progress.

If Labour plays ball (they have to) and there's no joint motion,   she said there would be an agreed set of motions to put to parliament.   Binding votes,   if Labour agrees to this too.      Either way,    the PD aspect moves to a softer Brexit if such a motion is passed.    Everyone else in parliament now needs to face the reality that they will need to support something to prevent the Tories forcing in no deal by default.       All that's left for the hard Brexiteers is to wait until later to destroy the PD after we've left.

I wonder if JC will work out that this is just a trap.

Labour refuse to abide by Treeza's stupid red lines = No Deal. Labour get the blame.

Labour manage to agree something with Treeza = Soft Brexit. Labour get the blame.

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Labour refuse to abide by Treeza's stupid red lines = No Deal. Labour get the blame.

Labour manage to agree something with Treeza = Soft Brexit. Labour get the blame.

Can't see much other choice for them.    But for god's sake... get every word minuted.

Cruyff Turn

Mays trying to set another trap, ask for an extension,not past the 22nd of May and make it MV4 or no deal once again.

Labour ****ed up by not backing the revoke option and a second referendum to end this utter madness. 

My guess would be...

1.   Labour plays ball.

2.   No joint motion due to demand for confirmatory vote.

3.   Set of options put in motions to parliament.

4.   Anything with a referendum gets pied.

5.   Soft Brexit PD is passed.

6.   We leave.

8 minutes ago, Cade said:

Labour need Leave voters in England to get elected.

Soft Brexit also gives something to their supporters and other Remain supporters. 

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

My guess would be...

1.   Labour plays ball.

2.   No joint motion due to demand for confirmatory vote.

3.   Set of options put in motions to parliament.

4.   Anything with a referendum gets pied.

5.   Soft Brexit PD is passed.

6.   We leave.

Sounds like a plan.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Labour need Leave voters in England to get elected.

Soft Brexit also gives something to their supporters and other Remain supporters. 

Yep.  Labour has a chance of a pretty neutral outcome.    

Looks very much like May will end up shafting the DUP to get this deal done. Very pleasing.

Just now, redjambo said:

Looks very much like May will end up shafting the DUP to get this deal done. Very pleasing.

Which would bring down her government? I agree that shafting the DUP is pleasing though.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

**** me, this is truly terrifying. May and Corbyn leading the process to come up with a new deal, two of the most incompetent party leaders we’ve had the misfortune to witness.

It kind of feel like what should have been done two years.

Doubt it will lead to any agreement for anything and don’t think an extension to get things agree before European elections are done.

Have faith, what possibly could go wrong?

image.jpeg.62c6dea08ead0a54a3fd578a46a0fcf3.jpeg

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Was thinking along the same lines, me thinks the DUP have overplayed their hand.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Which would bring down her government? I agree that shafting the DUP is pleasing though.

Not if one of the agreements with Labour as part of all this is they would abstain on any vote of no confidence and wait until the next scheduled GE. Unlikely, of course, but it would be an interesting strategy.

Tory Brexiteer on telly saying No Deal would let them get on with other policies.

No Deal would stop anything else being done. It would be that serious. 

14 Cabinet minsters wanted no deal

12 wanted a long extension (hammond even called for an election or referendum)

2 shat it and didn't say anything

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Not if one of the agreements with Labour as part of all this is they would abstain on any vote of no confidence and wait until the next scheduled GE. Unlikely, of course, but it would be an interesting strategy.

That would tip some of the ERG over the edge??

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

One of the two being the Secretary of State for Scotland.

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Shafting Arlene Foster is the stuff of nightmares but if it pisses them off big time so be it 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Shafting Arlene Foster is the stuff of nightmares but if it pisses them off big time so be it 

FFS im trying to eat my tea?

15 minutes ago, Cade said:

What is your source for this?

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )