• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

What an utterly ludicrous petition

I agree it will achieve nothing unless 17.5m signed it ?

Edited by Jamboelite

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

She herself is on the very brink of being the most laughably bad PM we have ever had- and she knows it. She is trying to scramble a win, any kind of win, to avoid being seen in this light for all eternity.

1- lost her majority

2- biggest house of commons defeat in history of oldest parliament in the world

3- third biggest house of commons defeat in history

4- vote of no confidence in her in parliament

5- vote of no confidence in her government

6- leadership challenge

7- now on point of leading us into a Brexit crash out- which would have been fine if that is what SHE wanted, but its not.

Malcolm Tucker would have a field day

You have missed Contempt of Parliament off your list.

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

What an utterly ludicrous petition

Granted, it might not achieve anything more than register a lot of peoples frustration with the whole ****ed up shitshow, but ludicrous?

2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Granted, it might not achieve anything more than register a lot of peoples frustration with the whole ****ed up shitshow, but ludicrous?

I think they're well aware of the frustrations on both sides. Its essentially remain voters (of which I'm one) trying to vote again. A complete waste of time

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

I think they're well aware of the frustrations on both sides. Its essentially remain voters (of which I'm one) trying to vote again. A complete waste of time

:thumbsup:

We should have another referendum with 2 options. Leave with no deal or revoke as May's deal is a busted flush.

And this time, let's get business,  industry, economists, trade negotiators etc included so we can have an informed debate on the real impact of Brexit, rather than politicians on either side lying.

It's about time the disaster capitalists of Farage,  Rees Mogg and Johnson were called out on the real impact of a no deal.

TUC and CBI release joint open letter to Mayhem:

Together we represent millions of workers and tens of thousands of businesses. It is on their behalf that we are writing to you to ask you to change your Brexit approach.

Our country is facing a national emergency. Decisions of recent days have caused the risk of no deal to soar. Firms and communities across the UK are not ready for this outcome. The shock to our economy would be felt by generations to come.

We ask you to take three steps to protect the jobs, rights and livelihoods of ordinary working people.

First, avoiding no deal is paramount. Businesses and employees alike need to see their government clearly acknowledge the reckless damage no deal would cause and recommit itself to avoiding this outcome.

Second, securing an extension has become essential. 88% of CBI members and a majority in parliament agree this is better than no deal. But at the same time an extension must genuinely allow a way forwards, and be long enough for a deal to be agreed.

Third, ‘the current deal or no deal’ must not be the only choice. A Plan B must be found - one that protects workers, the economy and an open Irish border, commands a parliamentary majority, and is negotiable with the EU. A new approach is needed to secure this – whether through indicative votes or another mechanism for compromise.

We cannot overstate the gravity of this crisis for firms and working people. We request an urgent meeting with you to discuss our concerns and hear your response.

6 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Will of the people. Brexit means Brexit. As soon as I hear someone use either terms I just assume they simply parrot things they hear without their own critical thinking. I accept I shouldn't do that. 

There's only so much time and energy you can spend though. Good use of a finite resource.

CavySlaveJambo
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

A referendum in a sophisticated culture can work.   People campaigning with good faith.    People (the same or others) enacting the result with honesty and responsibility.

Here,    with the Tories,    forget it.     The other parties have not covered themselves in glory by any means.     

If the Referendum was a binding referendum the result would have had to be overturned. As it was only advisory... 

Watt-Zeefuik
30 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

There's only so much time and energy you can spend though. Good use of a finite resource.

The past couple of years of US and UK politics have taught me nothing if not that engaging with some people is a complete waste of time so long as they cling to utterly untenable positions and will not move from them. This is much different than the way I thought as little as 6-8 years ago, when I thought enough persistence, listening, and compromising could bring everyone together.

Now I basically write off a certain set and think basically, you have to just go around them. And if you can't, you have to go through them.

2 hours ago, Cade said:

Various EU leaders saying the same thing:

May's Deal.

No Deal.

Remain.

Those are the UK's only options.

No room for a Plan B there. 

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The lady (based in Cyprus I think) who launched the Revoke Article 50 petition mentioned above, spoke well on tv today. 

She said with a referendum the losers don't get represented whereas in a democracy everyone should be represented. 

She has got to be kidding

Brighton Jambo

Just pass the damn deal, it’s that simple.  A good deal - no, a bad deal, not really, it delivers most of the things leavers wanted.  

For those who want remain, of which I was one, let’s stop pretending that voting down the deal is anything other than an attempt to frustrate or reverse brexit given where we are now. 

Vote for the deal which is only a withdrawal agreement and we all

move on.  

I don't imagine there will much of an appetite in the EU to more of her deceit and evasion.     They'll not put up with much of that.     

JudyJudyJudy

Talk about burning ones bridges...shes only getting what she deserves. if she had just told the Brexit mob in her party to bolt we wouldnt be in this shambles.  

See walking up to the microphones at the EU in Brussels and repeating little bits of the horror story speech.    The "deep personal regret" quote.      Really?     WTF is that all about?      She really is a ****ing robot.     She MUST have some inkling about how the speech went down.     Surely?      You see that and you wonder if she would have the gall to start telling the EU about how all the other MPs are at fault.       

The CBI have pleaded for a change of course.      Mind you... they're probably just experts whos' analysis should be dismissed or ignored.     Amirite?

WTF?     Another Leadsom attack on the speaker today.     For absolutely no reason other than he was rebuking a Tory backbencher for being an arsepiece.

She's off her head and is not fit for office.

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

Recurring theme that one!

I can't believe I saw that.      It's just any excuse now to have a snarl at him.      There must be some way for her to be sanctioned.    

Jon Snow (to CBI and TUC leaders).

"So,   you said it's a national emergency.... so the question is,    how big a national emergency?".

:vrface:

Edited by Victorian

5 hours ago, Cade said:

Various EU leaders saying the same thing:

May's Deal.

No Deal.

Remain.

Those are the UK's only options.

May brought it down to only those options.She got what she wanted,ran down the clock so no other options were available but them.

Looks like the extension is only going to be until May 7th but will not be conditional on May passing her deal, which they know won't happen.

Well done for taking back control lads???

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Looks like the extension is only going to be until May 7th but will not be conditional on May passing her deal, which they know won't happen.

Well done for taking back control lads???

Apparently with the option to go longer if we take part in European elections, I think she is a goner and they don't trust a word she is saying !!

Sounds like the French have rag-dolled her.    Totally blitzed her strategy of brinkmanship and sending out a huge come-on to parliament to take over and go in another direction.     Like taking sweets off a baby.     Totally out gunned.

7 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Apparently with the option to go longer if we take part in European elections, I think she is a goner and they don't trust a word she is saying !!

As Victorian has said Macron is driving this. He knows she is done.

It's a pretty easy play book for them to employ.    Whatever the liar asks for... offer something different.     Keep her off her chosen trajectory.

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's a pretty easy play book for them to employ.    Whatever the liar asks for... offer something different.     Keep her off her chosen trajectory.

Exactly this, thank goodness they have figured her out !!

The Mighty Thor
22 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The French driving it too. 

The gammon seethe will be off the charts.

BBC News have some novel maps.     Scotland obviously too big to be part of the European map.    Thankfully some of Scotland can be fitted into the UK map.      When we get so big?

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The French driving it too. 

The gammon seethe will be off the charts.

Hardliners will be chewing their arms off right now.      Yesterday looked a match winner.    Today it's all up for grabs again.

Ireland's been cut out of the European map now.     That's all the problems solved tbf.    BBC News Channel have solved it.     

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )