Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

Geoff the Mince
25 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Corbyn really is a total penis. Should **** off and live with his mates in south Armagh or North Korea.

or Palestine , or Iran , or Russia .

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Theresa May is the only unifying force in the UK just now - everyone hates her. I bet even her husband makes faces behind her back when she gets him to put bins out.

"I've backed myself and the entire nation into a corner, there is no way out other than to vote for this deal until it gets through"

:rofl:

Just now, Taffin said:

Worst ever PM?

Certainly in my lifetime.

Starts the day practising her ‘glare’ in the mirror then spends the rest of the day delivering it like Ronald Villiers in chewin the fat.

An absolute feckin lunatic.

gashauskis9

She’s wangled this to suit herself.  She can’t lose - her deal gets through she wins, it doesn’t - it’s Parliament’s fault and she delivers Brexit single handed.

She’ll resign on 29 March regardless, just for shits and giggles.

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Geoff the Mince said:

or Palestine , or Iran , or Russia .

Or Cuba, Venezuela....

Edited by Cruyff Turn

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Corbyn walks out of meeting with PM because Chukka is there :rofl: country is on course for catastrophe and this moron can't sit in a room with a colleague. 

Read a tweet that said he was prepared to sit in a room with Hezbollah,  Hamas and the IRA but not Chukka Umunna.

He really is inept 

That May speech was a tired retread of her greatest hits of Brexit BS.

Totally lacking in self awareness or responsibility.

The people have decided that we take back control. 

However that control is arcane if it doesn't allow me to push through a deal I negotiated myself without involving other parties or the British people. 

She is beyond awful

15 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I’ve been in meetings all day. 

How is the duck has the become the May deal or no deal choice? 

Amazing.

May's plan all along. Running down the time. 

Brighton Jambo

where is labour?!?!  apparently there is an amendment next week that parliament will agree to deal in return for a referendum.  If labour doesn't whip his party into backing that he should resign.  

5 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Read a tweet that said he was prepared to sit in a room with Hezbollah,  Hamas and the IRA but not Chukka Umunna.

He really is inept 

You think that meeting was going to achieve anything? 

SwindonJambo
4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

300 odd tories to choose from, whilst not everyone would be better the her a fair chunk would. All you really need is a leader who is prepared to try and reach some consensus. 

Its not not that hard, it seems hard as she has never tried it and has been incompetent to levels that are startling.

Very true, but of the likely frontrunners who gets the gig?

Rudd? Baw Jaws? Gove? Leadsom? 

That was just embarrassing. She must be mentally ill because someone surely can't reach the pinnacle of UK politics by being so utterly incompetent.  

EU state leaders might just say **** it and mirror their own public opinion figures.    If they say **** the UK then just go to no deal.     

May might have achieved the impossible.    To remove all possible deals off the table.

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

That was just embarrassing. She must be mentally ill because someone surely can't reach the pinnacle of UK politics by being so utterly incompetent.  

Sadly the same electorate that voted for this whole debacle also voted for her party.

Incompetence and self harm appear to be big vote winners in the UK.

11 hours ago, luckydug said:

If you count non voters then even less of the Scottish people voted to leave the EU.

Anyway you know fine well what I meant as only votes cast count a jot.

Class of 75 conceded the point anyway.

Nit picking your favourite hobby ?

If you count non voters? ??? 

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Sadly the same electorate that voted for this whole debacle also voted for her party.

Incompetence and self harm appear to be big vote winners in the UK.

Exactly, 17.4m will not forgive easily if we end up not leaving.   They will hold parties to account for years for frustrating the exit.  Yes she just blamed all politicians but she made sure that voters believe a Conservative PM is fighting for what they want and in doing so  made sure labour and Corbyn will be fully implicated when exit is delayed further.  

14 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

She’s wangled this to suit herself.  She can’t lose - her deal gets through she wins, it doesn’t - it’s Parliament’s fault and she delivers Brexit single handed.

She’ll resign on 29 March regardless, just for shits and giggles.

May's strategy has all been about delivering Brexit. 

No Deal is fine for her because the alternative risks it not happening. 

Plan B was allowing Labour's plan for customs union / close market relationship. But that splits Tory Party. 

I wonder which Tory loyal-rump goons are lined up to do the Chemical Ali act on Newsnight.    Nadhim Zahawi?    Chris Grayling (if awake)?     Melted welly pus?    

OMG just watched it again on SKY. It really is car crash telly. She genuinely thinks everyone is wrong apart from her. Absolutely embarrassing. 

She's basically blamed this crisis on the same people she needs to vote her deal through. No self reflection, no change in strategy nothing. She is basically gambling on MPs buckling but I don't think they will. One last vote ore crashing out with a no deal. 

Incredible. This might be terminal for the Tory party

SwindonJambo
22 minutes ago, Costanza said:

He really is inept 

He is a total prick. We have the worst PM in living memory dealing with a difficult issue very badly and yet her party still lead all recent opinion polls. But as long as his cult like followers sing biscuit name to the tune of 7 nation army he’s happy. 

Edited by SwindonJambo

Jambo-Jimbo

May - What the Funk was that speech about, everybody else's fault but her's, no wonder she get's on so well with Trump.

Corbyn - After Chuka his toys out of the pram, and still some want him as our PM.

Tough choice May or Corbyn, the UK is totally fecked with either of these clowns in charge.

6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Exactly, 17.4m will not forgive easily if we end up not leaving.   They will hold parties to account for years for frustrating the exit.  Yes she just blamed all politicians but she made sure that voters believe a Conservative PM is fighting for what they want and in doing so  made sure labour and Corbyn will be fully implicated when exit is delayed further.  

17.4 did not vote for this shambles. They voted to leave in an orderly, simple way and live in a land of milk and honey. Every single economic analysis has concluded the country will be worse off if we leave.

The only sensible option is, three years later, to allow another vote on the reality not the fantasy. In my opinion!

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

She's basically blamed this crisis on the same people she needs to vote her deal through. No self reflection, no change in strategy nothing. She is basically gambling on MPs buckling but I don't think they will. One last vote ore crashing out with a no deal. 

Incredible. This might be terminal for the Tory party

She doesn't seem to realise she's just handed the hardliners their wet dream.     They must be pissing it up right now.

1 minute ago, SwindonJambo said:

He is a total prick. We have the worst PM in living memory dealing with a difficult issue very badly and yet her party still lead all recent opinion polls. But as long as his cult like followers sing biscuit name to the tune of 7 nation army he’s happy. 

What about that meeting would have helped change anything? 

I can see Corbyn's point.    The IG is not a party.    Their people do not have party leader status.    They're individual independent MPs going under an informal banner.     

SwindonJambo
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

I actually disagree they would be the front runners. 2 or 3 them would be going after the same Tory vote. You tend to find leadership battles are where they sit in party so Bojo, Leadsom and Gove would probably be going after the same part of the Tory party. 

Plus no guarantee front runner gets it. A outsider could happen (corbyn happened) as not tainted too hard from being from a perceived position. Also a lot will depend on polls seem to suggest they want from new pm out now or regroup and renovate. 

But out that list I think Rudd would be more than capable and probably willing of bringing parliament parliament to reach a consensus, 

There are plenty more Tories who would also being willing and able. 

Are you suggesting there there is no viable alternative to May?

The answer to your last question is definitely not! Of that list I would pick Rudd. Stephen Crabbe looked a good bet last time out until he was caught sending naughty texts to some woman, at which point he resigned his post.

Cruyff Turn

Want to get my deal through.

hmmm... what should I do?

I’ll double down on my deal and attack all the MP’s I need to pass the deal. ?

All while believing she has the public on her side.

Shes completely off her tits and she has made it 100x worse for herself. 

Even Tory MP’s are like “wtf was that”.

The Mighty Thor

This is great stuff. It could blow apart the two main parties for good. 

Special mention for Corbyn though. To take May's ineptitude and actually turn that into a double digit deficit takes the hand of an artisan.

If we'd known in 2014 that this shit show was in pre-production we could have cancelled the indy ref and held it in Sept this year. It would be a landslide.

SwindonJambo
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

In fairness very little but he still behaved like a petulant schoolboy. He is the shitest  leader of the Opposition in modern times. A thorough waste of space. I’m historically a Labour voter but won’t touch the current lot with a shitty stick.

Cruyff Turn
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

May - What the Funk was that speech about, everybody else's fault but her's, no wonder she get's on so well with Trump.

Corbyn - After Chuka his toys out of the pram, and still some want him as our PM.

Tough choice May or Corbyn, the UK is totally fecked with either of these clowns in charge.

Thank **** the U.K. is on its farter and won’t last much longer. It’s a complete cluster**** and doesn’t work.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

17.4 did not vote for this shambles. They voted to leave in an orderly, simple way and live in a land of milk and honey. Every single economic analysis has concluded the country will be worse off if we leave.

The only sensible option is, three years later, to allow another vote on the reality not the fantasy. In my opinion!

I kind of mistrust every single economic analysis which is based on not knowing what the relationship between the UK and EU will be after/if we leave.

2 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

In fairness very little but he still behaved like a petulant schoolboy. He is the shitest  leader of the Opposition in modern times. A thorough waste of space. I’m historically a Labour voter but won’t touch the current lot with a shitty stick.

Agreed. Why intend on going but then take a petted lip about the attendees when the purpose is to try and come to some consensus.

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Why attend it then?

Make no mistake,   Ummuna and Soubry would have taken the opportunity to rip into him at that meeting.     Both make a lot of good points and Anna Soubry is an impressive,   formidable woman.    But they both have a separate agenda re Corbyn.

Captain Sausage
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I kind of mistrust every single economic analysis which is based on not knowing what the relationship between the UK and EU will be after/if we leave.

I think it’s the fact that every single relationship we could have with the EU after we leave would make us worse off that concerns people. 

May is an absolute disgrace. But yet again, Corbyn has managed to take the heat off by acting like a total gimp. Is he 5 years old? ‘Chukka is a doodoo head. I’m not sitting here if he is.’ And the people who try to legitimise his behaviour are the same people who would be tearing strips off any other party leader who had done it. 

Party politics is a joke. Call a spade a spade. All I can hope for is that parliament calls TMs bluff, votes down her shite deal, bins article 50 and puts it to the people. Hopefully it’ll also cause the end of the Conservative and Labour parties, who can meet each other at the far right and left while centrist parties (TIG/LDs) can try to unpick the utter shitfest we find ourselves in. 

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Fair enough. Admittedly they are based on worst case scenarios BUT there is not much optimism around that in fact we are not in a worst case scenario. I accept I may be naive. and I admit I am a remainer. BUT. At the end of the day - its the same when I say I worry about Hearts - I always hope I am proved wrong.  If we leave I want all of the analysis to be wrong. I just want a decent future for me and my family.

Just now, Lord BJ said:

I really don’t get her speech.

Whar was the objectives, I’m trying to think who that was meant to persuade. I don’t get how she thought that would help her.

She looks done.

Well this is one of the people, Tory MP she needs to vote for her deal. 

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Make no mistake,   Ummuna and Soubry would have taken the opportunity to rip into him at that meeting.     Both make a lot of good points and Anna Soubry is an impressive,   formidable woman.    But they both have a separate agenda re Corbyn.

SwindonJambo
7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

This is great stuff. It could blow apart the two main parties for good. 

Special mention for Corbyn though. To take May's ineptitude and actually turn that into a double digit deficit takes the hand of an artisan.

If we'd known in 2014 that this shit show was in pre-production we could have cancelled the indy ref and held it in Sept this year. It would be a landslide.

Not according to the latest poll on that particular issue. Ignore the Daily Mail bit. It was carried out by Survation and they’re fairly thorough. They may squeak home by 3 or 4% one day but it certainly isn’t or has ever been ahead by a landslide.

https://www.survation.com/latest-scottish-independence-poll-survation-for-scottish-daily-mail/

11 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I really don’t get her speech.

Whar was the objectives, I’m trying to think who that was meant to persuade. I don’t get how she thought that would help her.

She looks done.

As others have said it seems the point was to get constituents to get their MP to back her. And/or its a war of attrition - just hoping if she doesnt waver she will win because everyone else will be too exhausted to fight any more.

She is power-crazy - I would imagine the books that will be written about her in the future will be very very revealing. 

4 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Not according to the latest poll on that particular issue. Ignore the Daily Mail bit. It was carried out by Survation and they’re fairly thorough. They may squeak home by 3 or 4% one day but it certainly isn’t or has ever been ahead by a landslide.

https://www.survation.com/latest-scottish-independence-poll-survation-for-scottish-daily-mail/

You need to wait till the election campaign. 

See 2017. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )