Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

1 minute ago, LeftBack said:

As others have said it seems the point was to get constituents to get their MP to back her. And/or its a war of attrition - just hoping if she doesnt waver she will win because everyone else will be too exhausted to fight any more.

She is power-crazy - I would imagine the books that will be written about her in the future will be very very revealing. 

I wonder if she doesn't get that.     Is she hoping her premiership will fade into obscurity?     All the absurdity and dishonesty quickly forgotten about?

Nut.    This is one for the textbooks.    She's immortal.

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert
56 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

I think it’s the fact that every single relationship we could have with the EU after we leave would make us worse off that concerns people. 

May is an absolute disgrace. But yet again, Corbyn has managed to take the heat off by acting like a total gimp. Is he 5 years old? ‘Chukka is a doodoo head. I’m not sitting here if he is.’ And the people who try to legitimise his behaviour are the same people who would be tearing strips off any other party leader who had done it. 

Party politics is a joke. Call a spade a spade. All I can hope for is that parliament calls TMs bluff, votes down her shite deal, bins article 50 and puts it to the people. Hopefully it’ll also cause the end of the Conservative and Labour parties, who can meet each other at the far right and left while centrist parties (TIG/LDs) can try to unpick the utter shitfest we find ourselves in. 

But it isn't a "fact".

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I kind of mistrust every single economic analysis which is based on not knowing what the relationship between the UK and EU will be after/if we leave.

You mean you won't listen to overwhelming, expert analysis and opinion because you know/think differently.

I'm shocked.

8 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

I think she might have to rethink her running through the fields of wheat confession soon.

It was a lie at the time. The worst thing she has done is develop and oversee a policy that resulted in British citizens being imprisoned and deported in error despite being warned that it could happen. 

Captain Sausage
3 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You mean you won't listen to overwhelming, expert analysis and opinion because you know/think differently.

I'm shocked.

Aye, but since it hasn’t happened yet, it’s not fact. So it can be dismissed. Obviously. 

3 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I'm shocked.

Dunning Kruger Overdrive

Edited by Justin Z

Bridge of Djoum
28 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Aye, but since it hasn’t happened yet, it’s not fact. So it can be dismissed. Obviously. 

Opinion without knowledge is guesswork.

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Remoaners in Parluament trying to thwart the will of the people and their constituents 

May got it spot on last night

That's nonsense and its lazy.

gashauskis9
8 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Democratic process trying to thwart the will of Teresa May and her far right cronies 

EU got it spot on last night

FTFY

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Really

Then why have they not voted for. May’s deal 

Probably because it's a shit deal.

The ERG voted against it. They are not remainers. Most of her party voted against it. Twice.

Hear deal, 3 years in the making, was crafted by leavers. And its shit. Not great when you get what you want and can't deliver. 

AlphonseCapone

Will of the people. Brexit means Brexit. As soon as I hear someone use either terms I just assume they simply parrot things they hear without their own critical thinking. I accept I shouldn't do that. 

1 hour ago, JAYEL said:

Remoaners in Parluament trying to thwart the will of the people and their constituents 

May got it spot on last night

Remoaners - check

Will of the people - check

Just need to say any other vote is undemocratic and we have the complete sweep of Brexit shit bingo.

Her transition deal is deemed to be crap and its her fault for not engaging across parties to get an agreement over the last 2 years.

Its on her doorstep but typically as a Tory she is deflecting it all on others.

Edited by Jamboelite

4 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Will of the people. Brexit means Brexit. As soon as I hear someone use either terms I just assume they simply parrot things they hear without their own critical thinking. I accept I shouldn't do that. 

Yup, include the term remoaner and you have the lot.

Edited by Jamboelite

AlphonseCapone
4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Yup, include the term remoaner and you have the lot.

:thumbsup: good shout. 

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Remoaners still going around in circles ?

Out of interest, what do you think the benefits of no brexit deal are, compared to the status quo?

Until we move on from characterising this debate as one side versus another, it's the country that will continue to suffer.

Terms such as 'Remoaner' are infantile.

AlphonseCapone
24 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Remoaners still going around in circles ?

At least it's a EU circle for now :wink:

The remoaner / 'a bid bad man is stealin' ma Brexit mummy' pish only fuels the hysteria that can lead to threats and worse against MPs.     The PM's veiled threats last night were of no help in that regard too.     Thoroughly irresponsible rhetoric of which she should be ashamed.

Francis Albert

"Remoaner" seems almost a term affection compared to "thick racists", "far right loons", "Nazis", "fascists" etc.

Edited by Francis Albert

doctor jambo
17 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

"Remoaner" seems almost a term affection compared to "thick racists", "far right loons", "Nazis", "fascists" etc.

Currently, I would accept the queen restoring her dominion and dissolving parliament .

theress May is an enemy of the state

...a bit disco

There's a petition kicking about titled "Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU."

Best part of 700,000 signatures in a short space of time.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

I keep getting a 502 bad gateway to that

I kept trying and signed it about 10 minutes ago.

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Currently, I would accept the queen restoring her dominion and dissolving parliament .

theress May is an enemy of the state

That's fine.

But it is typical of this thread that posters piously appeal for an end to division and name calling but only give examples of name calling by one side.

doctor jambo
Just now, Francis Albert said:

That's fine.

But it is typical of this thread that posters piously appeal for an end to division and name calling but only give examples of name calling by one side.

TM is playing Russian Roulette with the country.

We are down to the last 2 chambers.

We can either pray she shoots herself,

or hope that someone takes the feckin gun off her

"I am on your side"

Clearly misleading and inaccurate,  at best.    She might be on the side of some people but not a significant number of people,  both previously remain and leave.

Further to that,   the clear implication is that others are not on the side of the people.    The MPs she claims have failed them.

Utter scumball gutter politics and potentially incendiary.     As if MPs don't have enough to deal with.

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

TM is playing Russian Roulette with the country.

We are down to the last 2 chambers.

We can either pray she shoots herself,

or hope that someone takes the feckin gun off her

Her and Corbyn should share the last two bullets. 

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

"I am on your side"

Clearly misleading and inaccurate,  at best.    She might be on the side of some people but not a significant number of people,  both previously remain and leave.

Further to that,   the clear implication is that others are not on the side of the people.    The MPs she claims have failed them.

Utter scumball gutter politics and potentially incendiary.     As if MPs don't have enough to deal with.

Was like a Trump speach without the bravado.

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Was like a Trump speach without the bravado.

:D   ME first... ME first... ME first.     Make ME great again.      Build my bunker... build my bunker...

doctor jambo
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

:D   ME first... ME first... ME first.     Make ME great again.      Build my bunker... build my bunker...

She herself is on the very brink of being the most laughably bad PM we have ever had- and she knows it. She is trying to scramble a win, any kind of win, to avoid being seen in this light for all eternity.

1- lost her majority

2- biggest house of commons defeat in history of oldest parliament in the world

3- third biggest house of commons defeat in history

4- vote of no confidence in her in parliament

5- vote of no confidence in her government

6- leadership challenge

7- now on point of leading us into a Brexit crash out- which would have been fine if that is what SHE wanted, but its not.

Malcolm Tucker would have a field day

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

She herself is on the very brink of being the most laughably bad PM we have ever had- and she knows it. She is trying to scramble a win, any kind of win, to avoid being seen in this light for all eternity.

1- lost her majority

2- biggest house of commons defeat in history of oldest parliament in the world

3- third biggest house of commons defeat in history

4- vote of no confidence in her in parliament

5- vote of no confidence in her government

6- leadership challenge

7- now on point of leading us into a Brexit crash out- which would have been fine if that is what SHE wanted, but its not.

Malcolm Tucker would have a field day

She's a career failure.    Made a shops of every government job she's done.    

Every political career ends in failure,   is a well known political dogma.     Lots of PMs try to buck the trend.     Her deal is her Mount Everest.     Any other course apart from her personal plan = failure.     She can't change course.

Just now, Victorian said:

She's a career failure.    Made a shops of every government job she's done.    

Every political career ends in failure,   is a well known political dogma.     Lots of PMs try to buck the trend.     Her deal is her Mount Everest.     Any other course apart from her personal plan = failure.     She can't change course.

And that's why she got the job.Everybody happy for her to take all the flack and then one of them swoop in once the mess has been left.So many sleekit gits just lurking scared to show their true hand just yet.

3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

And that's why she got the job.Everybody happy for her to take all the flack and then one of them swoop in once the mess has been left.So many sleekit gits just lurking scared to show their true hand just yet.

Yep.   Remain Tories and euro sceptics both thought she would be easily manipulated.    She was.    She is.     But the trouble has come from her being manipulated by both sides at the same time.     She's lived day to day,    trying to pander to everyone to stay in job.     

57 minutes ago, Victorian said:

"I am on your side"

The lady (based in Cyprus I think) who launched the Revoke Article 50 petition mentioned above, spoke well on tv today. 

She said with a referendum the losers don't get represented whereas in a democracy everyone should be represented. 

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The lady (based in Cyprus I think) who launched the Revoke Article 50 petition mentioned above, spoke well on tv today. 

She said with a referendum the losers don't get represented whereas in a democracy everyone should be represented. 

A referendum in a sophisticated culture can work.   People campaigning with good faith.    People (the same or others) enacting the result with honesty and responsibility.

Here,    with the Tories,    forget it.     The other parties have not covered themselves in glory by any means.     

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )