• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

periodictabledancer
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You can still retire and live in Spain if you have 1 million euros in the bank.

Money talks in most countries 

Apart from the fact that is complete bollocks you are 100% correct. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I see a certain couple of posters voted remain anaw, to go along with their votes for the SNP and Yes. 

Aye, we believe you. Probably married with child, whilst claim to be gay. 

Christ! Does Barrymore posts on Jkb? 🤯 Walter Mitty certainly does.

🤣

Mind yer just back .

🤣🤣🤣

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

The Donald Trump of JKB . Shits in a golden portaloo in Berwick.

Feck off you :lol:

4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You can still retire and live in Spain if you have 1 million euros in the bank.

Money talks in most countries 

Aye, most countries are like that. Immigration control is there to keep riff raff out, those who might become dependent on the state. The rich are different, of course they want the rich there, paying taxes.

38 minutes ago, ǝǝɥʇᴉɯS said:

Aye, most countries are like that. Immigration control is there to keep riff raff out, those who might become dependent on the state. The rich are different, of course they want the rich there, paying no taxes but paying plenty of backhanders to their political friends.

fixed that for you

That thing you do
9 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm not suggesting benefits, but I don't think Brexit was manufactured by Cameron or the UK government to make billionaires richer

No. It was manufactured to circumvent EU laws on Money Laundering and declarations of sources of funding that was due to come in. Because our elites dont want Joe public knowing just how much theyve scraped out the trough.

That and London being a huge washing machine for russian money.

The only way to get it over the line required a dog whisperer to whistle about Polish people and the naturally xenophobic alf garnet types in England bought it hook line and sinker.

39 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

No. It was manufactured to circumvent EU laws on Money Laundering and declarations of sources of funding that was due to come in. Because our elites dont want Joe public knowing just how much theyve scraped out the trough.

The only way to get it over the line required a dog whisperer to whistle about Polish people and the naturally xenophobic alf garnet types in England bought it hook line and sinker.

You can add Syrian and Afghan refugees to the mix. We were in the depths of the refugee crisis at the time and naturally they were going to "inundate the UK". It fell perfectly for the Brexiteers. The Labour party's half-hearted opposition, led by its Eurosceptic leader, didn't help. It was a perfect storm.

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, redjambo said:

You can add Syrian and Afghan refugees to the mix. We were in the depths of the refugee crisis at the time and naturally they were going to "inundate the UK". It fell perfectly for the Brexiteers. The Labour party's half-hearted opposition, led by its Eurosceptic leader, didn't help. It was a perfect storm.

It really was a con on an unprecedented scale and after pulling it off they managed to sabotage any possibility of a deal that would mitigate some of the harms. No, I don't think I'm quite ready to get over it just yet. 

SectionDJambo
13 hours ago, That thing you do said:

Not to mention all those Turks that Faraig said were on their starting blocks to invade our shores after Turkey's imminent membership of the EU. 7 years later and those pesky Turkish people are still waiting on the starting gun to sound.

An absolute whopper of a lie but the gullible believe a posh voice. However, here we are and there's nothing we can do about it now.

i wish jj was my dad
54 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I can imagine the meltdown on here and in the Guardian when ETIAS comes into play in 2025 

You make it sound like a positive development? 

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

You make it sound like a positive development? 

It's neither positive or negative.

It won't make a difference to most people.

The UK are doing the same thing for people coming here

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It sounds like an inconvenience without any discernible benefit.  In isolation no big deal so not something to get bent out of shape about tbf but it's not in isolation though. We've given away a number of substantial benefits that are doing real harm to our national wealth and long term wellbeing. I find that kinda hard to shrug off. 

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's more or less the same as the ESTA for people travelling to the US, I think.

I'm never convinced when people blame Brexit for queues at passport control.  Britain and Ireland were always outside Schengen, so there was always a possibility of passport queues for travellers from both countries. There still is, and sometimes you encounter queues.  But I'm not sure it's any worse than it used to be, and if it is then I wouldn't be rushing to blame Brexit.

5 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

It sounds like an inconvenience without any discernible benefit.  In isolation no big deal so not something to get bent out of shape about tbf but it's not in isolation though. We've given away a number of substantial benefits that are doing real harm to our national wealth and long term wellbeing. I find that kinda hard to shrug off. 

ETIAS has been in planning since before the UK left the EU, so it would have happened anyway, and for the reasons mentioned in my previous post I'm not convinced that the UK leaving the EU has made any big difference in terms of inconvenience at passport control points.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

It's more or less the same as the ESTA for people travelling to the US, I think.

I'm never convinced when people blame Brexit for queues at passport control.  Britain and Ireland were always outside Schengen, so there was always a possibility of passport queues for travellers from both countries. There still is, and sometimes you encounter queues.  But I'm not sure it's any worse than it used to be, and if it is then I wouldn't be rushing to blame Brexit.

:thumb:

i wish jj was my dad
5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

ETIAS has been in planning since before the UK left the EU, so it would have happened anyway, and for the reasons mentioned in my previous post I'm not convinced that the UK leaving the EU has made any big difference in terms of inconvenience at passport control points.

Happy to be corrected. I was only vaguely aware so should have done my homework before commenting

i wish jj was my dad

Haven't you got some baseless allegations to make about somebody or something trivial to be offended about somewhere? 

'Obsessive' doesn't quite cut it. 

And there in lies the problem folks . I don’t really regard women and girls rights to safety as “ trivial “ and many other issues . Seriously that guy ! Anyway back to Brexit ? Are we still out ? 

i wish jj was my dad

Dinnae pretend you only go out your way to be offended by people who you go out your way to persecute. You've a whole host of chips on your shoulder or squeal victim about when somebody challenges you for your less than balanced comments. 

No doubt, you'll be throbbing that you got another bite though. Well played.

SectionDJambo

Faraig calling Cleverley a liar and a charlatan over his apparently taking credit for no boat crossings over Christmas, when it was due to the gale force winds and heavy seas.

Old Nigel mustn’t do irony, him calling anyone else a liar and charlatan.

However, the government may have hit on a great idea to stop the boats. Just install giant wave machines in the Channel. Has to be cheaper than the zillions being spent on doing nothing. There may even be a Conservative Party donor who could provide them.

JJ , sann  it’ll take more of a man than you to gie me a “ throbber” 

as you were 

JJJ 

Toxteth O'Grady
On 28/12/2023 at 15:46, doctor jambo said:

And there it is.

So if you are rich it’s fine.

otherwise it’s not.

Widened the gap of haves vs have nots

It has made things more awkward to live or work in the EU that is undeniable. It won’t stop me but there are more hoops to jump through.

periodictabledancer
5 hours ago, Ulysses said:

The UK had already signed up to the plan when  an EU member but then point blank refused to talk about it post brexit , even when it was raised in the House of Lords - as any admission that it wasn't the EU being difficult , but rather Britons voting to make life diiffcult for themselves,  wouldn't play with the grievance politics of brexiters. 

periodictabledancer
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Passport Gate - stamp - out less than 1 minute Alicante tonight :HeartsManspotrun:

bloody Brexit 😡

🇬🇧    Freedom - 

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Passport Gate - stamp - out less than 1 minute Alicante tonight :HeartsManspotrun:

bloody Brexit 😡

It'll be exactly the same post Indy, when you're deported to lesser Britain. 

If you can manage to escape the Blair Drummond bus first. 

Tick Tock!

10 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Do you have a British passport?

manaliveits105
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It'll be exactly the same post Indy, when you're deported to lesser Britain. 

If you can manage to escape the Blair Drummond bus first. 

Tick Tock!

Mind the hour time difference senor I don't want to miss feeding time 

tic tac 

10 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Do you have a British passport?

Were you dropped on your head when you were a child?  Or have you just not bothered reading my posts for the last couple of decades?

24 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Were you dropped on your head when you were a child?  Or have you just not bothered reading my posts for the last couple of decades?

Exclusive:
We reveal Ulysses at passport control  😂

image.jpeg.cc97ff349802554775a6177c95c97996.jpeg

53 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Exclusive:
We reveal Ulysses at passport control  😂

image.jpeg.cc97ff349802554775a6177c95c97996.jpeg

Drat.  And if it wasn't for you pesky Secret Santas....

Edited by Ulysses

5 hours ago, Ulysses said:

My money's on both.

Mikey1874
12 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

This guy was on Liz Truss' being shit at PM job honours list.

periodictabledancer

A wee reminder as we enter 2024 and the UK has still  to finally impement it's "taking back control" brexit obligations in full. 

Once again for the Brexit liars & dummies 
1/ All countries start with their own market standards, regulated & customs territory.
If an outsider wants to sell on it you must prove you meet its standards & pay a tariff at its border 
2/ If you want to stop another from being too protectionist & charging you whatever tariff they wish to keep you out of their territory, you join the WTO, which agrees maximum tariff schedules between its members.
There are 163 members, but not all countries of the world are 
(Quick quiz: which sizeable countries are not members of the WTO?)
All countries (185) apart from a few tiny nations are WCO members
(to ensure consistency & harmony on commodity codes when trading) 
3/ If you want to agree better terms with another you negotiate a Free Trade Agreement. This might involve removing quotas & reducing or removing tariffs altogether. But it does *not* remove customs territory borders nor market regulated territory borders between each other .. 
..where legal declarations & certified proof of origins & the standards of goods must still be made at the border. There is also need for qualified border staff & infrastructure to control (& sometimes physically check; depending on goods & levels of trust) the flow of goods 
because once over the border those goods become the responsibility of the separate legally policed territory to the sender. NB any FTA you agree with the other bilaterally must be applied bilaterally. If you, as a WTO member, subsequently, unilaterally give favour to the other... 
..you must apply this favour equally to all 163 of your fellow members.
NB .UK is still unilaterally favouring the EU, after agreeing its new bilateral deal to start 3 years ago today.
(You would think Brexiters would be livid about this) 
4/ To better improve trade & reduce some of that border bureaucracy, the next step up is to agree a (partial) customs union with the other, or others. This is where you agree common external tariffs to outsiders, meaning the trade of goods between you, each member, is now free. 
The commercially valuable goods become to be in free circulation across your border with the other, or others. No customs border controls, no legal declarations, no temporary movement carnets, no having to prove the origin of the goods between each member 
There are 16 customs unions around the world. EU's is the biggest with 27 members. Turkey has a partial customs union with the EU27. it does not include agri produce, but does remove costly & burdensome rules of origjn issues & temp movement  carnets on all other traded products 
5/ To better improve trade & reduce more of that border bureaucracy, the next step up is to agree to converge & align your market standards & regulations with the other, or others.
If, for example, your target market is a much larger market next door... 
..you could converge & align your market standards & regulations to that much larger market, to ease the sales & trust level of controls across that market's border.
By agreeing a legally binding treaty and formalising it 
(even better to the effect of continuously, always  *dynamically* aligning your market standards & regulations to follow the other's bigger market)
you minimise the level of needed border controls between you & the other (s) yet further still. 
6/To better improve trade and *remove all* of that above border bureaucracy, the next step up is really quite remarkable & achieved to date only between the nations of Europe.
The UK, Lord Cockfield & Mrs Thatcher were instrumental in this incredible achievement. 
You agree a Single Market of standards & regulations with the other, or others under - this is the crucial element - *mutually recognised legal oversight*.
This means sellers & buyers across each other's borders all fall under the one shared jurisdiction & policing authority ... 
..when placing goods on their one shared, internal, single market.
This means there are no border controls now needed here. The goods (& services) can freely move across the border as ... 
any needed recourse for placing faulty goods (or services) on the same shared market can be legally placed & enforced on the seller not just the buyer. There are 31 countries in Europe that fall under this, freedom of movement across borders, mutually recognised legal oversight. 
How 31 when only 27 EU members?
Answer: the 4 members of EFTA have their own mutually recognised legal oversight, EFTA court, which is *mutually recognised* by the ECJ, of the 27 EU member states: all enforcing the same Single Market/EEA rules & regulations. 
To better understand UK's calamitous decisions, I hope all this above helps.
UK had nearly 50 years evolved into an expanding customs union inside an even bigger single market of rules, standards & regulations for the free movement of goods, people, services & finance 
This progressively here removed all the needed border infrastructure & experienced bureaucratic "red tape" border control personnel
(far less UK certifying bodies, customs officers, customs agents, port health inspectors, vets etc). 
By reversing all of it to a basic Free Trade Agreement - no matter how "tariff free" (step 3 above) - in reality it's not 'tariff free' for UK, owing to RoO - the UK again needs vastly more infrastructure & that former greater army of experienced bureaucratic personnel 
..to meet the extra demands of being outside a vast customs union inside an even greater single market of rules & regulations. "Experienced bureaucratic personnel" UK has no longer got. It has all dissipated away, - I was one of them in 2016 - no longer needed, but... 
but it now desperately, very badly does. Whoops!!
Gove at least partly recognised this when he stood in the HoC & stated UK needed an extra "50,000"!!!! customs agents for life outside the EU. He was hardly going to exaggerate this, now was he? 
It *should* have rang a cacophony of alarm bells, but no. Nothing! The MSM duly moved on.
I cld expand on how UK also needed a new IT system to replace early 1990s CHIEF, & was working on it (CDS) pre Brexit, *before* it was known it'd need to handle an extra 250m declarations pa 
In short .
UK is ****ed
AND more of a right royal ****ing is coming this year
...as more Brexit slowly gets more "done

ri Alban
On 30/12/2023 at 12:44, Ulysses said:

Yes or no? 

As for your post, sums you up. 

Anyway , again. Do you have a British passport,  Irish man? Try not to let your own self importance distract you from the answer. 

ri Alban
On 30/12/2023 at 18:41, redjambo said:

My money's on both.

Aw, we toenails sniping from the background again.