Stand by (a bit longer yet) for an announcement

Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So are we expecting an announcement today?

On Sportscene lastnight they said they were but they could be guessing. It will be good to get everything cleared up and give the new man some time to do a bit of work before the window.

If not today then that is another day closer to the window being SLAMMED shut.

FarmerTweedy

Doubt it

My guess is Wednesday there will be an announcement

Bank holiday on Monday. Bit of tidying up contracts and talking to coaches etc on Tuesday, New guy announced on Wednesday, couple of new signings announced on Thursday.

Walker signs new deal on Friday

New man out campaign begins on Saturday

Bit harsh that the campaign will start before we've even played a game under the new guy!

Transfer Talk: Craig Levein is set to take over as Hearts manager https://buff.ly/2gicuoG 

?FROM STV TWITTER

Ugh - typical media - the link just quotes the betting.  Sorry - thought it was an announcement but just looks like quoting betting odds 3 hours a go.

The Internet

Is there ANY chance of some random left-field (probably foreign) appointment happening or is it pretty much guaranteed to be Pressley, Levein or Daly?

I don't even care anymore, give it to whoever.

Trying a bit reverse psychology there?

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

AlphonseCapone

Trying a bit reverse psychology there?

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

Need to try something. The club loves torturing us I think :smash:

Presley spotted in at tynecastle this morning so imminently it will be! Unless they're having round two for more talks!

I don't even care anymore, give it to whoever.

This is where I am. Losing interest as each day passes. Hearts have made a total joke out of this situation. Just give it to anyone now so I can move on with my life.

We_are_the_Hearts

This is where I am. Losing interest as each day passes. Hearts have made a total joke out of this situation. Just give it to anyone now so I can move on with my life.

Yip not even had a home game and apathy rules. Made a James of the stand and a James of the manager recruitment. Need to shake of this Scotlands joke club tag quick!

maroonlegions

Maybe Budge and the board are  just shitting it to announce its Levein as manager :laugh4:  and this is why it's dragging out. :laugh4:

Maybe that was the plan all along - to get us so pissed off at the lack of action that we would fall willingly into the arms of the eventual appointee. ;)

I just hope that most of us can get behind whoever is appointed, at least for a few months anyway.

Maybe Budge and the board are  just shitting it to announce its Levein as manager :laugh4:  and this is why it's dragging out. :laugh4:

The way it looks...

I just hope that most of us can get behind whoever is appointed, at least for a few months anyway.

Just as long as it's not Pressley the Snake.

Presley spotted in at tynecastle this morning so imminently it will be! Unless they're having round two for more talks!

I can live with that.

Serious question on the Pressley clip -- can anyone think of an instance where a manager delivered this kind of stinging rebuke to media and it resulted in a big turnaround at the club? Because across multiple sports I can think of plenty of instances where it was the sign that the player-manager relationship had reached an untenable level after which everything fell apart at the seams.

This is why I don't want Pressley at the club. Bold ineffective bluster seems to be his specialty. I'll take Robbie's snoozefest interviews and pitch results over that every time.

Craig Levein after becoming Hearts manager.

This is fun. Perhaps we should have a sweepstake on when they'll announce the result.

I'll go for 13.00 tomorrow (Tuesday).

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hearts never said there would be any announcemnet did they?

I don't think it will be Craig Levein.

Next week she said last week. Since then we have been told to expect early in the week, so really has to be tomorrow since Wednesday is indeed Hump Day

This is fun. Perhaps we should have a sweepstake on when they'll announce the result.

I'll go for 13.00 tomorrow (Tuesday).

Na , 13:01 for me. ;-)

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Honestly, 3 weeks to announce our Director of Football. :laugh:

The longer this drags on, the worse Hearts look imo.

Not handled well at all.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Ann just spotted in Thomas Cook booking another holiday  :2thumbsup: 

This is unreal, after weeks of searching, up turning every stone it comes back round to Craig Levein. FFS it still beggers belief that they along with 50% of the support could not see this needed sorting back in may. How utterly thick must these people be.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Borthwick suggested on Twitter back of 10 he expected it today, barring hold ups. Must have been an armed robbery en route

AlphonseCapone

Is the media at Tynecastle or Riccarton does any one know?

If there isn't an announcement by the time I finish work I'll be going to Tynecastle to pull up Mrs Budge.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

They should release a teaser like they do with the new kits,

Only 3weeks until the big announcement!!!

sketch-1503928413727_zpsahsbb2ma.png

August Landmesser

Usually spot on. Now for some signings.

Confirmation in a 3pm press conference?

Bungalow Bill

Honestly, 3 weeks to announce our Director of Football. :laugh:

The longer this drags on, the worse Hearts look imo.

Not handled well at all.

Or after carrying out numerous insterviews the realisation is that CL is the best qualified for the role.

Really not happy with this appointment. He needs to turn things around greatly and rapidly for me to get too excited. Let's see what us said at the press conference...

All roads lead to Gorgie

Or after carrying out numerous insterviews the realisation is that CL is the best qualified for the role.

It is the cheap option. Nothing more nothing less!

Is there ANY chance of some random left-field (probably foreign) appointment happening or is it pretty much guaranteed to be Pressley, Levein or Daly?

Yes and a good chance!!

Ewan Murray?Verified account @mrewanmurray  2m2 minutes ago

More

Expecting confirmation from Hearts shortly.. Craig Levein back in charge of first team matters.

So....it is is what it is, get behind the new man, and get behind Hearts.

Say what you like, but everyone one including Budge and Levein and every single true Hearts fan, wants this to work.

I didn't want Levein the first time, but he did a great job, if he gets the same results this time we will all be delighted.

2 consecutive 3rd place finishes, and a couple of decent European adventures

Archived