Stand by (a bit longer yet) for an announcement

Lord Beni of Gorgie

kingantti1874

It will be Pressley. There will be no big surprises next week. Budge wanted him, Levein wanted Daly. Budge has decided.

An absolutely bizarre selection if true.. He has done nothing to deserve this job

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jambogirlglasgow

An absolutely bizarre selection if true.. He has done nothing to deserve this job

Wouldn't be my choice but if it's him I'll get behind him..

Wouldn't be my choice but if it's him I'll get behind him..

Yip, we need to steady the ship and give whoever it is a chance.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Correct. I'll be done with Budge running the club. Get the stand built, name it after her and then get her on her yacht so she can sail into the sunset and enjoy her retirement.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Yip, we need to steady the ship and give whoever it is a chance.

Good luck if it is Elvis. Unless he is brilliant and no evidence. Then he will be slaughtered

grumpyespana

Haha a wife worse than a chinese burn....you have my sympathies!!! Lol

Just kidding Mrs Scabber (in case she monitors your jkb usage).

You dinnie want to mess with scabbers wife lol.

siegementality

And Daly has?

You dinnie want to mess with scabbers wife lol.

Your right Brian l wouldn't have put that on if she still came on jkb but she gave up reading this ages ago .won't give you her opinion of this board now.

Correct. I'll be done with Budge running the club. Get the stand built, name it after her and then get her on her yacht so she can sail into the sunset and enjoy her retirement.

Would you not give the new man a chance at least?

siegementality

It will be Pressley. There will be no big surprises next week. Budge wanted him, Levein wanted Daly. Budge has decided.

To be replaced by ....... ?

Hungry hippo

He wouldn't be my choice but that video gives a very clear example of the attributes he possesses that we could do with. You can see why he would interview well.

If he is appointed I just hope everyone gets behind him as there is no doubt im my mind that we need to start uniting. When he was wearing maroon he certainly did that. The polar opposite when he left but hopefully we can move on from that if he's selected.

Jambof3tornado

Just watched that Elvis clip.

I'm too scared to go to bed now

I'd be more scared if bartley lived in the same house as me!

Not sure what to make of this clip.

Certain players weren't playing with the passion and desire he expected from a Pressley team so he went into a press conference threatening that certain players would never play for the club again... apart from the next few games apparently!

Surely it is the manager's job to motivate the players and get them playing the way he wants. If he can't - to the extent that he is so angry abut it he can't sleep - maybe he's just not very good at man management?

He wouldn't be my choice but that video gives a very clear example of the attributes he possesses that we could do with. You can see why he would interview well.

If he is appointed I just hope everyone gets behind him as there is no doubt im my mind that we need to start uniting. When he was wearing maroon he certainly did that. The polar opposite when he left but hopefully we can move on from that if he's selected.

I agree with pretty much every word of this. He definitely wasn't my first choice and still wouldn't be now, but if he is appointed we need to get behind him (or at least the team) in the vocal manner we have so far this season.

There will be a sizable number of fans who will never forgive him for the Celtic stuff and the fact that his managerial record is far from inspiring doesn't exactly help the situation. I can't really understand why they would wait almost a fortnight to appoint him though, unless they've prioritised him getting some signings finalised.

There's little doubt the passion shown in that video is part of what's lacking at the club right now, but I'm not sure Pressley has the rest of the package we need from our next manager.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

elvis guarantees Falkirk wouldn't get relegated and Falkirk gets relegated

he then tells everyone to make no mistake about it certain players will be leaving Coventry and in fact elvis is sacked within days

not to mention fleetwoods semi-meteoric rise after elvis left complaining that they weren't run properly

what a total bibble

let's hope Ann's paid for the seats upfront because she could be hit with another funding shortfall if she appoints this numpty

don't actually believe it myself tbh - surely no - she can't be that far out of touch

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Would you not give the new man a chance at least?

Yes I'll support the new manager whomever that may be. I don't have to agree with it though. If he's appointed my faith in the board will be gone.

And that interview doesn?t paint him in a good light. It shows a man unable to get the best out of a team and struggling to understand why everyone isn't putting in the required effort. Comes across as someone who is always right and if results don't come it's everyone else's fault.

How someone could watch that interview and think he would make a good appointment is beyond me.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

elvis guarantees Falkirk wouldn't get relegated and Falkirk gets relegated

he then tells everyone to make no mistake about it certain players will be leaving Coventry and in fact elvis is sacked within days

not to mention fleetwoods semi-meteoric rise after elvis left complaining that they weren't run properly

what a total bibble

let's hope Ann's paid for the seats upfront because she could be hit with another funding shortfall if she appoints this numpty

don't actually believe it myself tbh - surely no - she can't be that far out of touch

He's and unstable man who always sounds close to breaking point.

I genuinely believe that most on here are an older audience and think that shouting and screaming will get 100%

The Billy Brown train of thought.

I DON'T THINK OUR NEW HEAD COACH WILL BE BRITISH!!

I THINK IT'S MALE

AND I THINK HE WILL BE GREAT!!

...a bit disco

He's and unstable man who always sounds close to breaking point.

I genuinely believe that most on here are an older audience and this that shouting and screaming will get 100%

The Billy Brown train of thought.

I'm 49 mate and am looking for more of a thinking manager than a shouter.

YA BASS!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I'm 49 mate and am looking for more of a thinking manager than a shouter.

YA BASS!

That's not old bud! I'm sure you're savvy enough to know what I meant. ;)

I THINK IT'S MALE

???...as in a Dane with a christian name which could be male or female? :uhoh2:

...a bit disco

That's not old bud! I'm sure you're savvy enough to know what I meant. ;)

:thumbsup:

Just play that on day 1 at our club Elvis. You'll need to.

Just shows how unsuitable he is - will divide the dressing room as well as the fans.

And Daly has?

How on earth , if true, can CL  recommend Daly above Presley ? 

And the Presley haters on here don't have a scooby about what Presley did achieve  in the early days at Coventry. I didn't want to think we'd slumped so low that Elvis is the best we could get , but Daly ? FFS.  Hopefully neither of them are getting the job. 

I was at the FOH plot ceremony today and the chat was that it'll be announced tomorrow or Tuesday morning. Those who know wouldn't say but from what I was told, I believe (like it or not,) that it'll be Elvis. That's what I concluded.

I'm all shook up.

Jambo 4 Ever

This

???...as in a Dane with a christian name which could be male or female? :uhoh2:

Naw - not a Christian that I'm aware off, the only footballing Christian I've heard of is Christian Dailly!

Watt-Zeefuik

Serious question on the Pressley clip -- can anyone think of an instance where a manager delivered this kind of stinging rebuke to media and it resulted in a big turnaround at the club?  Because across multiple sports I can think of plenty of instances where it was the sign that the player-manager relationship had reached an untenable level after which everything fell apart at the seams.

This is why I don't want Pressley at the club. Bold ineffective bluster seems to be his specialty.  I'll take Robbie's snoozefest interviews and pitch results over that every time.

You heard it here first - JJ in a holding capacity until we find our ideal manager.......

V

I THINK IT'S MALE

Tony the tiger

I hope I am proved wrong but I can only see this carry on being repeated year after year until Anne Budge finally tipples that her "football adviser" is actually a loser and will win as much as he has already won,  Hee Haw 

I hope I am proved wrong but I can only see this carry on being repeated year after year until Anne Budge finally tipples that her "football adviser" is actually a loser and will win as much as he has already won, Hee Haw

Record breaking Championship season followed by a 3rd place finish 2 years after exiting admin.

We were also 2nd before the fans demanded we get rid of our manager and bring in Cathro.

It's definitely Levein's fault though.

sandylejambo

Record breaking Championship season followed by a 3rd place finish 2 years after exiting admin.

We were also 2nd before the fans demanded we get rid of our manager and bring in Cathro.

It's definitely Levein's fault though.

i can't remember one person demand that we replace Neilson with Cathro, I had never heard of Cathro, while Levein is not responsible for all the evil in the world, he is responsible for a lot of the turmoil at the club, he has landed us with a lot of what's wrong at Hearts just now.

I know a few have mentioned him, but could Gary Locke possibly be in with a chance till they get who they really want, just mentioned cause seen a photo of him at the Motherwell game in a tracksuit, I thought he had taken over Robbo's roll ? so didn't think he would be in a tracksuit.

I know a few have mentioned him, but could Gary Locke possibly be in with a chance till they get who they really want, just mentioned cause seen a photo of him at the Motherwell game in a tracksuit, I thought he had taken over Robbo's roll ? so didn't think he would be in a tracksuit.

No chance, I saw him at the back of the stand before the game and it didn't look like a tracksuit he had on to me.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

So, our new manager is male and doesnt have a Christian name...Getting closer...

Anyone wanna play 20 questions?

Bill-and-Teds-Excellent-Adventure.png

Where did you see that photo?

Archived