Elvis interviewed (merged)

Never Let Them Forget

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may have a slightly different point of view to some.. personally I think the whole chest pump thing was cringeworthy like a lot of us do.. BUT I can see past it. For me, that action does not and never will outweigh what he gave for us in his duration wearing the shirt. Annoying? Yes. Bigger than the aggregate of his efforts for us? Never.

HOWEVER - on the basis appointing him will cleave the fans down the middle, I can't see the sense in giving him the job. Right now we don't need that. For me again it would also be a very underwhelming appointment. But I'll back whoever gets the job cos if we don't band together and make some noise behind the new guy, we're gonna get a much more mundane and useless season than maybe most even imagine.

What an utter disappointment it would be to have Pressley appointed as manager.

Had the applications been assessed 'blind' would he have even got to the interview stage based on his managerial CV? Not a chance.

If Ms Budge would like to unify the fans again she needs to appoint an experienced manager with a proven track record and tell Levein to take a step back from first team affairs until things calm down a little IMO.

Going against a significant portion of the fans wishes will cause a lot of people to reconsider the amount of money they are pouring into the club, myself included.

Jambo 4 Ever

I may have a slightly different point of view to some.. personally I think the whole chest pump thing was cringeworthy like a lot of us do.. BUT I can see past it. For me, that action does not and never will outweigh what he gave for us in his duration wearing the shirt. Annoying? Yes. Bigger than the aggregate of his efforts for us? Never.

HOWEVER - on the basis appointing him will cleave the fans down the middle, I can't see the sense in giving him the job. Right now we don't need that. For me again it would also be a very underwhelming appointment. But I'll back whoever gets the job cos if we don't band together and make some noise behind the new guy, we're gonna get a much more mundane and useless season than maybe most even imagine.

Agree but the fans who don't like it will just have to move on

GTF with your Pressley luv in.

Where's all this hate coming from mate? You never used to be so vociferous and angry when we would discuss the cup winning legend that is Mr S Pressley.

Clerry Jambo

Agree but the fans who don't like it will just have to move on

They could toddle down to Easter road if they like

Is it really the case that folk who hated him as a Celtic player will not give him backing?

Any manager of Hearts deserves to be judged on how he does AS manager of Hearts.

Not backing him, or any other candidate for that matter, will only give us less enjoyment for the money we already pay.

If he's mince as Hearts gaffer - hire a plane for all I care. But give whoever gets the job a go. We haven't got the luxury of a team brimming in confidence who can perform despite half the crowd being against us.

upgotheheads

Pressley was an outstanding player for us and a great captain. He did well with Falkirk, and at first with Coventry under difficult circumstances, the situation there was pretty unmanageable too.

It's a pity he made a bit of a twat of himself with the chest-pump and some of his comments at Fleetwood, but nobody's perfect.

He looks the best of the candidates available now and we know he can work alongside CL. I sure as he'll don't want Billy Davis.

Is it really the case that folk who hated him as a Celtic player will not give him backing?

Any manager of Hearts deserves to be judged on how he does AS manager of Hearts.

Not backing him, or any other candidate for that matter, will only give us less enjoyment for the money we already pay.

If he's mince as Hearts gaffer - hire a plane for all I care. But give whoever gets the job a go. We haven't got the luxury of a team brimming in confidence who can perform despite half the crowd being against us.

The reason a lot of the haters are spewing their rings is because he played for Timothy. They'll try to deny this though and deflect it by chucking in the Falkirk penalty incident but we can all see though this. The fact they're still steaming after all this time is very, very sad.

They could toddle down to Easter road if they like

YAWN!!!

The reason a lot of the haters are spewing their rings is because he played for Timothy. They'll try to deny this though and deflect it by chucking in the Falkirk penalty incident but we can all see though this. The fact they're still steaming after all this time is very, very sad.

Absolute rubbish!!!

If that was the case why is Paul Hartley not a hate figure????

Clerry Jambo

YAWN!!!

So are you going to get behind the new gaffer or what Thomaso, you need to let go like a few others

I wonder how the 'snake' crowd would react should he become a barnstorming success?

On paper he is arguably on par with Freedman. Some silly actions and words have not endeared him to a few, put people should live in the present. And maybe, just maybe, his managerial mistakes are now behind him?

Yes, I'm as underwhelmed as most after previous names floated, but I don't believe we would have met salary expectations of Freedman and McLaren and I'm pretty certain we didn't speak to either other than initially sounding them out with the agents.

Get this appointment made and let's kick on.

Absolute rubbish!!!

If that was the case why is Paul Hartley not a hate figure????

It's all about the 'incident' Thomo baby, is that not clear?

No Celtic chest thump = no issues

Celtic chest thump = excuse for some to have issues

Trust this clarifies.

Hearts First

Pressley was an outstanding player for us and a great captain. [n]He did well with Falkirk[/b], and at first with Coventry under difficult circumstances, the situation there was pretty unmanageable too.

It's a pity he made a bit of a twat of himself with the chest-pump and some of his comments at Fleetwood, but nobody's perfect.

He looks the best of the candidates available now and we know he can work alongside CL. I sure as he'll don't want Billy Davis.

He got them relegated and failed to take them back up. On what planet is that doing "well"?

gorgie rd eh11

Trust this clarifies.

Garbage.

So are you going to get behind the new gaffer or what Thomaso, you need to let go like a few others

I doubt it, he hates Pressley and Levein. He'd be better watching rugby.

I don't get this hatred for Pressley! It was clear to see his chest thumping antics were aimed at Romanov and his running of the club and not the club, or the fans. Misguided perhaps but at least he cared about the club and was a fantastic captain.

As much as it doesn't inspire me, but if Pressley got the job I would support him.

***** band. Pressley is a ***** manager.

Oh well angry man, hope you calm down as the day progresses. At least you didn't deny Shirley was tidy, that's positive.

Had the applications been assessed 'blind' would he have even got to the interview stage based on his managerial CV? Not a chance.

Great point. Take the names off all the cv's and Pressley would be nowhere near the job. Hartley would be miles ahead of him in terms of suitability.

I don't want either of them but stand them next to each other and I'll take Hartley all day long.

On the basis of taking sentiment out of the equation and looking primarily at track record, its got to be Davies.

Oh well angry man, hope you calm down as the day progresses. At least you didn't deny Shirley was tidy, that's positive.

Was ?

Ahem !

Was ?

Ahem !

Aye sorry Boab, I met her a few times a long time ago when she was in Goodbye Mr Mackenzie, I think I'm still in love if I'm honest.

If it is Pressley then so be it. I will back him 100%.

Booing him from the stands is pointless & futile. If he's the new head coach then the supporters need to back him and give him a chance. If he gets disrespected from the stands then how are the players and staff meant to respect him? And where would that leave us? We cant keep changing the head coach every 5 minutes. The club needs stability.

If it is SP then I will welcome him and he will get his chance the same as every one else would.

Realistically, whoever it is will need to be an improvement by the time the January break comes round but until then the support need to support our new head coach whatever his name is.

Aye sorry Boab, I met her a few times a long time ago when she was in Goodbye Mr Mackenzie, I think I'm still in love if I'm honest.

Pleasant on the eye, for sure !

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

The reason a lot of the haters are spewing their rings is because he played for Timothy.

Hartley?

Geoff Kilpatrick

There are people whose prime motivation for wanting Pressley appointed is to mock others who don't.

Try wanting the best for HMFC instead.

Hartley?

No chest thump from said man.

I still maintain that if SP had returned for, say, Partick, and thumped his chest the seethe and raging hate would be nowhere as strong.

Captain Canada

My concern is that a lot of fans wouldn't give Elvis any time. We don't have a great squad and if he was to lose his first two games in charge, people would be calling for his head.

I think having so many away games coming up is a blessing as it allows us some leeway to just nullify other teams. At the moment we have zero creativity in the team so a home game where we are expected to win would be a struggle.

I'd like us to approach Henning Berg for the job. A good record in Hungary and Poland recently and out of work.

My concern is that a lot of fans wouldn't give Elvis any time. We don't have a great squad and if he was to lose his first two games in charge, people would be calling for his head.

I think having so many away games coming up is a blessing as it allows us some leeway to just nullify other teams. At the moment we have zero creativity in the team so a home game where we are expected to win would be a struggle.

I'd like us to approach Henning Berg for the job. A good record in Hungary and Poland recently and out of work.

Henning Berg! very interesting (and left field) shout. 

Trust this clarifies.

Not really smiler baby - you need to drop the shit that anybody who does not like or rate Pressley is a bigot just because he played for Celtic.

I hope THAT clarifies!

There are people whose prime motivation for wanting Pressley appointed is to mock others who don't.

Exactly - some infantile post on here!

I doubt it, he hates Pressley and Levein. He'd be better watching rugby.

Grow up sonny.

Not really smiler baby - you need to drop the shit that anybody who does not like or rate Pressley is a bigot just because he played for Celtic.

I hope THAT clarifies!

I didn't say ALL of said group are bigots, I'm sure as shit that SOME are though, so it's a relevant point to make.

Have a good day now.

In fairness, that attitude formed the basis for many peoples' support for Romanov.

Geoff Kilpatrick

In fairness, that attitude formed the basis for many peoples' support for Romanov.

To a degree. A lot of support for Vlad was a counter troll to foamers who wanted Vlad out with no plan to replace his finances.

Oh come on old yin, you do hate them.

I also hate rugby.....

gorgie rd eh11

No chest thump from said man.

I still maintain that if SP had returned for, say, Partick, and thumped his chest the seethe and raging hate would be nowhere as strong.

He'd still be a ***** manager though.

I didnt rate Pressley the player as the world beater that some on here do.

He made a fool of himself in that game, but we get over that.

I don't rate him as a manager.

To be clear I don't want him anywhere near the club in a management/coaching capacity solely based on his managerial record alone.

Ibrahim Tall

Appointment announced tomorrow or will they wait until after the bank holiday?

During the week, sober people are less easy to annoy..

Appointment announced tomorrow or will they wait until after the bank holiday?

A cynic would suggest they'll leave it until midweek so that the transfer window is all but closed. Daly placed in interim charge until the end of the season would be my call on it.

Archived