Elvis interviewed (merged)

Never Let Them Forget

I just do not understand why they would even bother with this guy,

Other than the snakey stuff his managerial record is so poor,

A total levien puppet if it's Presley

What has he got in his CV that makes him an option? Other than playing for Hearts with distinction, he should be nowhere near any shortlist. He's a shit manager.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you stop supporting the club and the team if he was manager?

No. No I would not. I would not even think about it. Same goes for ST and FoH subs.

That's the million dollar question. I'll answer. No I wouldn't. I'll go further if he gets the gig I'd want him to succeed as that means the team I love will be doing ok. However I have zero respect for him and I won't be joining the "one Steven Presley" brigade that will no doubt spring up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd still go, but I wouldn't exactly be happy or excited to go

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Pressley will be motivated. Probably the most motivated of all the candidates

MOATIVATSHUN. :yas:

Bridge of Djoum

I hope not even one penny of my money ever finds its way in to that *****'s scaly pocket.

Just get him to **** please Hearts.

Come on, mate. Does this really need it's own thread?

We get it, some like him, some don't. The same folk will post the same thing they already have on other threads. It's becoming tedious.

letsalllaughathobos

What has he got in his CV that makes him an option? Other than playing for Hearts with distinction, he should be nowhere near any shortlist. He's a shit manager.

I agree,

I wouldnt but a total disprect shown to fans on all levels. The guy has done ride all as a manager so why would we even entertain this applicant. For what the fans contunue to do for this club we deserve alot better than this inexpeeienced rat

Dallas Green

No. No I would not. I would not even think about it. Same goes for ST and FoH subs.

Good to hear man.

I've said on another thread I've never been a fan of him getting appointed, if he does though I'm gonna support him. I want the team to do well, no matter who is in charge.

I just hope we do get someone in who can bring a bit of confidence and belief back.

Come on, mate. Does this really need it's own thread?

We get it, some like him, some don't. The same folk will post the same thing they already have on other threads. It's becoming tedious.

I think it does to be honest, but I'll let the mods decide.

He's shown the club and the fans nothing but complete contempt since he left, and is only scuttling around the shadowy perimeter currently, because his managerial record is an absolute train wreck.

michael_bolton

He's not got a dreadful CV. Falkirk going down is hardly a huge shock, he did a decent job for quite a lot of his time at Coventry in almost impossible circumstances. Fleetwood wasn't great, but we're not likely to get anyone with an unblemished cv.

He knows Scottish football, knows the club, understands the support, he's had a successful playing career, he's had experience of being a coach in a range of contexts.

He's a good candidate.

michael_bolton

He's failed as a manager previously, shouldn't anywhere near the position.

We're not going to get anyone who hasn't.

Good to hear man.

I've said on another thread I've never been a fan of him getting appointed, if he does though I'm gonna support him. I want the team to do well, no matter who is in charge.

I just hope we do get someone in who can bring a bit of confidence and belief back.

I'd support like I always do. However, I'd be angry that we were prepared to give him a salary funded by the supporters who he was so happy to repeatedly get stuck in to. I would just about see the reasoning if he had a good record as a manager... he doesn't even have that.

He's not got a dreadful CV. Falkirk going down is hardly a huge shock, he did a decent job for quite a lot of his time at Coventry in almost impossible circumstances. Fleetwood wasn't great, but we're not likely to get anyone with an unblemished cv.

He knows Scottish football, knows the club, understands the support, he's had a successful playing career, he's had experience of being a coach in a range of contexts.

He's a good candidate.

Chick Young knows Scottish football. He's also got a better managerial record. Give him the gig.

**** off! :rofl:

The Comedian

He's a pish manager, done nothing of note, it's that simple. Hartley has a better CV than him, won more trophies and managed to leave for Celtic without causing a stink.

The snake mobile was spotted in Edinburgh the other day too.

:what:

Good to hear man.

I'd say Daly has done a great job of that :whistling:

I think Pressley would just piss off folk in the stand and on the pitch

He's a pish manager, done nothing of note, it's that simple. Hartley has a better CV than him, won more trophies and managed to leave for Celtic without causing a stink.

The snake mobile was spotted in Edinburgh the other day too.

:what:

Some punter was saying that two guys from our shortlist were being lined up... Pressley and Hartley?

michael_bolton

Chick Young knows Scottish football. He's also got a better managerial record. Give him the gig.

**** off! :rofl:

Coventry gave Pressley a 4-year contract after he'd already been there 18 months. They obviously felt he was doing a good job. He kept the club up despite being in administration, a points deduction, and playing home games the thick end of 40 miles from home. That's a good shift. Might have made the playoffs if his club hadn't sold their top scorer to stave off going bust. He got fired a few months later after a bad run, like thousands of coaches.

Has Chick Young done that?

Coventry gave Pressley a 4-year contract after he'd already been there 18 months. They obviously felt he was doing a good job. He kept the club up despite being in administration, a points deduction, and playing home games the thick end of 40 miles from home. That's a good shift. Might have made the playoffs if his club hadn't sold their top scorer to stave off going bust. He got fired a few months later after a bad run, like thousands of coaches.

Coventry are an absolute shambles. They'd have probably given you a fifty year deal at the time.

Will be announced at the start of next week.............my source has gone all quiet on me this is due to a new name interviewed 

Please, please just stop this shit, no one has any sources regarding this unless they are AB or CL and i'm pretty ****ing sure they're not spilling the beens. heard Alan Preston on the radio on Saturday spouting the same shit.

michael_bolton

Coventry are an absolute shambles. They'd have probably given you a fifty year deal at the time.

No. It's there in black and white. He got a long-term deal after doing quite a remarkable job in steadying the ship.

Hardly evidence of him being a poor coach.

All that proves is that Levein is not the only numpty handing out long contracts to numpties!

michael_bolton

All that proves is that Levein is not the only numpty handing out long contracts to numpties!

Did you just skip the bit where the four-year contract followed 18 months of sterling work?

No. It's there in black and white. He got a long-term deal after doing quite a remarkable job in steadying the ship.

Hardly evidence of him being a poor coach.

They managed to lose their stadium about the same time. You'll forgive me if I don't give a **** about a reference from Coventry.

It's a seriously fitting club for the guy. Both in name and reputation.

michael_bolton

They managed to lose their stadium about the same time. You'll forgive me if I don't give a **** about a reference from Coventry.

It's a seriously fitting club for the guy. Both in name and reputation.

So, you're not impressed by a coach who steadied the ship and did a good job at a club in admin, with a points deduction and no home?

It's almost as if there's something going on here...

Change the name of the candidate and a spell like that would have people very interested.

Did you just skip the bit where the four-year contract followed 18 months of sterling work?

Did you skip the bit that only a few months later he then got the bump????

All that proves is that Coventry were mugs giving him the 4 year contract in the first place!

michael_bolton

Did you skip the bit that only a few months later he then got the bump????

All that proves is that Coventry were mugs giving him the 4 year contract in the first place!

You'd have a point if coaches didn't routinely get fired for having a bad run. But they do. Especially in England.

We have no chance of hiring anyone who hasn't been punted from somewhere.

You'd have a point if coaches didn't routinely get fired for having a bad run. But they do. Especially in England.

Hardly a glowing endorsement for Pressley!

:lol:

michael_bolton

Hardly a glowing endorsement for Pressley!

Well, no. I posted on here right at the start that we weren't going to get anyone with a good record. We can't pay enough.

Nobody with a real shot at a Championship job (or one of the bigger League One jobs) down south will come to Hearts.

Hearts, and clubs like us, are in the 'damaged goods' market. Aberdeen and Hibs are both currently coached by guys who became damaged goods in England and weren't going to get jobs down there. We're in that budget range too.

Elvis did a good enough job at Falkirk to get himself a considerable job upgrade to go down to England. He then did a really good job for the first 18 months that he was there.

That's our level. There'll be nobody better.

Well, no. I posted on here right at the start that we weren't going to get anyone with a good record. We can't pay enough.

Nobody with a real shot at a Championship job (or one of the bigger League One jobs) down south will come to Hearts.

Hearts, and clubs like us, are in the 'damaged goods' market. Aberdeen and Hibs are both currently coached by guys who became damaged goods in England and weren't going to get jobs down there. We're in that budget range too.

Elvis did a good enough job at Falkirk to get himself a considerable job upgrade to go down to England. He then did a really good job for the first 18 months that he was there.

More Celtic than Neil Lennon.

I totally agree with you - Pressley is "damaged goods" and should be avoided like the plague!

michael_bolton

Don't be.

You can continue to talk in riddles if you like.

The damaged goods market has worked well for Aberdeen, there's no reason why it won't for us.

Even at a higher level, Celtic weren't going to take anyone from England who didn't have a reputation to rebuild. That's Scottish football. We're doing the same thing on a lower budget.

Put simply, someone with a strong cv of consistent success is going to be out of our price-range.

Unless you can think of anybody?

Hope this pathetic snake is nowhere near the hot seat. Budge has had a shocker for the last year or so, and this would probably be her worst move yet.

More Celtic than Neil Lennon.

Oh FFS !!

Season ticket holder at parkheid since he was 5 years old I heard. :uhoh2:

Oh FFS !!

Season ticket holder at parkheid since he was 5 years old I heard. :uhoh2:

Who? Hendricks?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

In a sensible structure with job security and Levein above him I would be intrigued to see what Pressley could do tbh. I'd be right behind him.

Hearts First

He got Falkirk relegated and failed miserably at Coventry & Fleetwood so please stop trying to re-write history. He's feckin clueless and should have been nowhere near the interviews, never mind actually getting the job.

michael_bolton

He got Falkirk relegated and failed miserably at Coventry & Fleetwood so please stop trying to re-write history. He's feckin clueless and should have been nowhere near the interviews, never mind actually getting the job.

If you think he failed at Coventry then you've not got a clue.

Fleetwood, yes, fair enough. If he'd 'failed' at Falkirk, he'd have been unlikely to get a move down to England.

Hearts First

If you think he failed at Coventry then you've not got a clue.

Fleetwood, yes, fair enough. If he'd 'failed' at Falkirk, he'd have been unlikely to get a move down to England.

He relegated Falkirk. Do you consider that a success? Plenty of dud managers get jobs after failing at other clubs.

michael_bolton

He relegated Falkirk. Do you consider that a success? Plenty of dud managers get jobs after failing at other clubs.

Managers don't jump from Falkirk to much bigger clubs in England if they've failed. If he'd failed there, his next job would have been Alloa or East Fife.

Getting Falkirk relegated clearly isn't success, but it's not out of this world failure either. Falkirk are a small club, with small crowds, and they habitually go between the top two divisions. It's hardly a scandalous failure to be their coach on one of the occasions when they go down.

They'll come up in the next few years again. And within a few years of that they'll get relegated again. Are you new to football?

Archived