Elvis interviewed (merged)

Never Let Them Forget

Managers don't jump from Falkirk to much bigger clubs in England if they've failed. If he'd failed there, his next job would have been Alloa or East Fife.

Getting Falkirk relegated clearly isn't success, but it's not out of this world failure either. Falkirk are a small club, with small crowds, and they habitually go between the top two divisions. It's hardly a scandalous failure to be their coach on one of the occasions when they go down.

They'll come up in the next few years again. And within a few years of that they'll get relegated again. Are you new to football?

Did the snake no play for Coventry and he was a decent football player so maybe that was one of the reasons  behind his appointment at CCFC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
michael_bolton

Did the snake no play for Coventry and he was a decent football player so maybe that was one of the reasons  behind his appointment at CCFC

He played for Coventry about twenty times. Hardly a club legend.

Left them for Dundee United (EDIT: who had just been relegated to the Scottish second tier), so can't have been a great spell in his career.

You think that was the difference between his next coaching job being Forfar or Coventry?

He played for Coventry about twenty times. Hardly a club legend.

Left them for Dundee United (EDIT: who had just been relegated to the Scottish second tier), so can't have been a great spell in his career.

You think that was the difference between his next coaching job being Forfar or Coventry?

It certainly wasny for loyalty

Great seeing the snake being caned on here..keep it  up please

I feel sorry for you if that sort of stuff makes you happy.

I wish to **** they'd just get someone appointed.

We don't half feck about.

3 weeks to get a new boss.

They fire Cathro because he failed in the League Cup. So basically, they didn't really have faith in him otherwise he would've been kept on. He should've been sacked at the end of last season.

Most clubs when they fire someone quite quickly know who they'd like.

He relegated Falkirk. Do you consider that a success? Plenty of dud managers get jobs after failing at other clubs.

Falkirk were virtually relegated when he got the job, they had been bottom of the league that whole season before SP got the job in Feb / March 2010

Falkirk were virtually relegated when he got the job, they had been bottom of the league that whole season before SP got the job in Feb / March 2010

The "snakies" are blinded by hatred, they won't be able to see your post, never mind accept it.

I feel sorry for you if that sort of stuff makes you happy.

I feel sorry for someone who feels sorry for an other on a Message Board  its quite pitiful... and I'm glad most on here dont want the Snake as a manager

Imagine going on 3 week hunt and then deciding on Daly. Quite embarrassing.

Less embarrassing if he wins our next game.

I feel sorry for someone who feels sorry for an other on a Message Board its quite pitiful... and I'm glad most on here dont want the Snake as a manager

He's trying to be distinct from his mates who are vociferously posting their displeasure at the possible Pressley appointment.

sick.of.romanov

Hopefully all these roasters complaining about Elvis and vowing not to go back stick to there word. Hearts don't need supporters like you gtf and leave the true support to back the manager.

Hopefully all these roasters complaining about Elvis and vowing not to go back stick to there word. Hearts don't need supporters like you gtf and leave the true support to back the manager.

I can think of maybe three people who have said that on this forum. Guid yin mate.

FTH

He has explaining to do regarding the Celtic incident but it happened a long time ago and when he played in Neilson's testimonial only a few years later, he got a very good reception.

He gave it everything, every time he played for us and stood up for the club when things werent going well and how people were being treated. I look at it what he did when he was with us, rather than against us.

when he played in Neilson's testimonial only a few years later, he got a very good reception.

Which is exactly what he'll get if he gets the job, despite what the seven dwarfs on here will tell you.

He has explaining to do regarding the Celtic incident but it happened a long time ago and when he played in Neilson's testimonial only a few years later, he got a very good reception.

He gave it everything, every time he played for us and stood up for the club when things werent going well and how people were being treated. I look at it what he did when he was with us, rather than against us.

For a strong character I put it down to a moment of weakness.

Not one bit of me thinks he dislikes Hearts or went on to dislike us after leaving. He didn't do what he did because of that.

Pressley might make a good coach or have been a decent player and knows football, but he can come across as a bit simple sometimes and is maybe easily led?

I think he was drawn into the Celtic propaganda and flannelled their masses with his actions. A weak moment imo given his past.

That's probably the best gauge to the reaction he will get, there was no negativy directed at Pressley that day, there was a crowd of approx 9000 at Tynecastle that day, and I don't recall Pressley getting any abuse at all, much like the current situation with Walker, who in my opinion has treated the Hearts support with far more disrespect than anything Pressley did.

Walker surprisingly has had a fairly easy ride from the support at the last couple of games, and that's fair enough, I expect any negative reaction to Pressley would also be minimal.

Coming fae an Elvis aviator now that is funny

As it goes as much as I dislike SP if he got the gig he would still get my support its not like you have to like the Manager

Elvis didn't like flying, he was very nearly the Dennis Bergkamp of the music world.

Nice to hear you'll put your hatred aside if SP gets the job though, that'll make you feel healthier, it will.

Exactly.

He wasn't given much time to save them was he?

If it is Pressley I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until after the Motherwell game to announce it. Give everyone 2 weeks to calm down about the appointment and time to get a new legends banner made for display at Murrayfield. :boak:

Howdy Doody Jambo

Pressley being appointed would be a disaster for the footballing side. Nothing to do with his ability.

How?

He's not got a dreadful CV. Falkirk going down is hardly a huge shock, he did a decent job for quite a lot of his time at Coventry in almost impossible circumstances. Fleetwood wasn't great, but we're not likely to get anyone with an unblemished cv.

He knows Scottish football, knows the club, understands the support, he's had a successful playing career, he's had experience of being a coach in a range of contexts.

He's a good candidate.

If he understood the Hearts support then a large number wouldn't hate him.

Hearts First

But he promised all & sundry that they wouldn't be relegated. Oh, and did he bring them up the following year?

Hearts First

Managers don't jump from Falkirk to much bigger clubs in England if they've failed. If he'd failed there, his next job would have been Alloa or East Fife.

Getting Falkirk relegated clearly isn't success, but it's not out of this world failure either. Falkirk are a small club, with small crowds, and they habitually go between the top two divisions. It's hardly a scandalous failure to be their coach on one of the occasions when they go down.

They'll come up in the next few years again. And within a few years of that they'll get relegated again. Are you new to football?

No, I'm not. But you must be if you regard Pressley as anything other than a failed manager.

Pressley gets my backing because of everything he done for us as a player and a captain. He would literally run through a brick wall for us.

I don't care about the chest pump shit some greet at, I'm concerned his not done anything since Falkirk and I'm concerned his attitude as a manager won't sit right with our senior guys.

He will get my backing though. No welcome home party until we pump Hibs mind.

Pressley gets my backing because of everything he done for us as a player and a captain. He would literally run through a brick wall for us.

I don't care about the chest pump shit some greet at, I'm concerned his not done anything since Falkirk and I'm concerned his attitude as a manager won't sit right with our senior guys.

He will get my backing though. No welcome home party until we pump Hibs mind.

What a pile of Hibs that is

That's probably the best gauge to the reaction he will get, there was no negativy directed at Pressley that day, there was a crowd of approx 9000 at Tynecastle that day, and I don't recall Pressley getting any abuse at all, much like the current situation with Walker, who in my opinion has treated the Hearts support with far more disrespect than anything Pressley did.

Walker surprisingly has had a fairly easy ride from the support at the last couple of games, and that's fair enough, I expect any negative reaction to Pressley would also be minimal.

Agree with what you say, the reaction in that game said a lot.

Walker's actions have been very poor, then going back years we have had Paul Ritchie talking to Rangers news about wanting to play there despite being a Hearts player, Andy Webster got a rule invented so he could leave us for nothing to effectively go to Rangers, even Ian Black bet against us while a Hearts employee. There are probably a few other examples but people who have disrespected our club whilst employed by our club have done a lot worse, yet are universally acclaimed and in fact Webster was welcomed back right away.

Although what Pressley did was very poor and shouldnt have happened, it shouldnt rewrite history and make him public enemy number one by some. Others have done worse, while we pay their wages.

Very disappointed we did not secure Freedman, Think we should of bit his hand off the minute he confirmed his interest. I think Elvis is a stick on for the job now as i feel his personality is something Levein will love.

Certainly wouldn't be my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice but I will get behind Elvis (or whoever gets the job) 100%. Our club needs us to. We are in great shape off the field and have the basis of a good team on the field. Whoever is in charge next needs us to get behind him from the start for our team to succeed and I for sure will be!! 

I know this board are seriously incompetent.... But surely they aren't stupid enough to appoint Pressley? It can't happen.

You can continue to talk in riddles if you like.

The damaged goods market has worked well for Aberdeen, there's no reason why it won't for us.

Even at a higher level, Celtic weren't going to take anyone from England who didn't have a reputation to rebuild. That's Scottish football. We're doing the same thing on a lower budget.

Put simply, someone with a strong cv of consistent success is going to be out of our price-range.

Unless you can think of anybody?

McInnes proved he could be a good Manager in the Scottish Premier league at St Johnstone - he is repeating that success at Aberdeen.

Pressley has never been a Manager in the top league and every job he has had has gone tits up!!

If you think he failed at Coventry then you've not got a clue.

He was sacked because he was a success????????

michael_bolton

McInnes proved he could be a good Manager in the Scottish Premier league at St Johnstone - he is repeating that success at Aberdeen.

Pressley has never been a Manager in the top league and every job he has had has gone tits up!!

So, you can't think of anyone then?

He was sacked because he was a success????????

He did a good job for 18 months out of two years. In an environment where 18 months is the average time spent in a job, I'd say that's better than failure.

Pressley was a manager in the SPL. Just not a very good one. Relegated Falkirk, after giving a personal guarantee that he wouldn't.

Archived