Board Meeting

Paulie Walnut

I don't get this whole panic buy nonsense. We remove Cathro and put MacPhee in charge, because, after all, there's no way he'd be any worse! Advertise the job and allow MacPhee and anyone else to apply for it.

There is no sensible scenario that involves keeping Cathro in charge.

I think advertising for candidates is a good move for many reasons. I assume Kris Boyd and Stephen Craigan will apply.

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francis Albert

So did we win the cup because we beat Hibs in the semi in 2006? Could have sworn it was because we won on pens vs Gretna. 2012 on the other hand... does that mean we actually beat Celtic to win the cup? confused.com

We won the cup in 2006 because we won every cup tie. And the same applies to 2012 and 1998 and 1956 and so on. I have no idea what you are on about.

We won the cup in 2006 because we won every cup tie. And the same applies to 2012 and 1998 and 1956 and so on. I have no idea what you are on about.

Exactly. So Hibs didn't win the cup because of us. Unless Robbie Neilson is some sort of mind Jedi I'm not sure how he could have influenced the ties after ours or the actual cup final. Hibs did the needful in the cup that season by beating everyone in their way as we have done many more times in recent memory. The idea that we should hang, or even sack, managers because they lose a cup tie to our rivals, who then happen to win the cup is slightly OTT. Does that apply to when they finish ahead of us in the league as well?

Ferryjambo99

If he is sacked then I hope we take time to replace him, go through an interview process, don't headhunt an individual, make sure we get the right person to take us forward, Celtic showed the importance of hiring the right guy when they appointed Rodgers, a good manager can work wonders

Exactly. So Hibs didn't win the cup because of us. Unless Robbie Neilson is some sort of mind Jedi I'm not sure how he could have influenced the ties after ours or the actual cup final. Hibs did the needful in the cup that season by beating everyone in their way as we have done many more times in recent memory. The idea that we should hang, or even sack, managers because they lose a cup tie to our rivals, who then happen to win the cup is slightly OTT. Does that apply to when they finish ahead of us in the league as well?

Woooooooooooosh

Francis Albert

I agree. Doesn't making losing to Hibs in the cup, especially a lower division Hibs side, more acceptable though. Or alter the fact we could have stopped them winning it.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I think advertising for candidates is a good move for many reasons. I assume Kris Boyd and Stephen Craigan will apply.

One thing that should definitely not be done is chucking our first 4 games on the chance of a divine intervention.

94% of people aren't wrong. It's just unheard of. Like a manager with the worst win rate in history at a time where we're in great health and gave them every opportunity to succeed.

He's not going to transform from where he is now to where he needs to be in 4 weeks.

Farce.

One thing that should definitely not be done is chucking our first 4 games on the chance of a divine intervention.

94% of people aren't wrong. It's just unheard of. Like a manager with the worst win rate in history at a time where we're in great health and gave them every opportunity to succeed.

He's not going to transform from where he is now to where he needs to be in 4 weeks.

Farce.

Do we know if the 4 game chance is genuine?

No we don't.

I think we are still talking money to get him to walk.

Farce.

Iraq presidential referendum, 2002:

Choice Votes % For 11,445,638 100 Against 0 0.0 Invalid/blank votes   - Total 11,445,638 100

Iraq presidential referendum, 2002:

Choice Votes % For 11,445,638 100 Against 0 0.0 Invalid/blank votes   - Total 11,445,638 100

Now there's a guy who would have got the players playing for the jersey.....

Now there's a guy who would have got the players playing for the jersey.....

And, if not, he'd get them fired up.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

PTBCAL posted that he heard it from two different sources. God knows if he's accurate or not, normally ok with info iirc.

2 different people text me the same thing and both usually know what's going on - just thought I would post it here but one of them was pretty definate.

Lucille's Thirsty

Farce.

It's a complete joke.

What if he loses against all these games.

Every single lost game and it'll get toxic towards the man. 95% of hearts supporters want Cathro out that's unheard of and we're still mulling it over. He should've been sacked as soon as he entered the changing rooms at 16.50 on Saturday.

Imagine we sign a decent keeper and proper attacking midfielder this week and these signings turn things around....

:)

Imagine we sign a decent keeper and proper attacking midfielder this week and these signings turn things around....

Going to take a lot more than that man.

WheatfieldWarrior

If he is sacked then I hope we take time to replace him, go through an interview process, don't headhunt an individual, make sure we get the right person to take us forward, Celtic showed the importance of hiring the right guy when they appointed Rodgers, a good manager can work wonders

Spending millions on players helps though.... tbh, I could win the league Managing Celtic's team. (and he lost his first competitive game to a team from Gibraltar.)

Might loose the dressing room when I keep asking what the smell is though..... :D

Trumpy could teach Ann a lesson here. Scaramucci was sacked before he even started. He would have gor rid of our lot ages ago.

Anyway, read the Celtic thread and celebrate being a Jambo. You'll need a shower afterwards.

Why?

It's a perfectly reasonable position to take.

Even if it was meant in jest, Saying the manager should have been hung from a bridge in Gorgie is crass beyond belief.

Guess that's just me as you see it as a reasonable position to take over a football game.

Thought as a fan base we were better than that, yea it hurts like hell just now but we will get it right.

I hope IC does go, sooner rather than later but I am not going to work myself up into a frenzy so I look more

upset with the situation than everyone else.

Big Slim Stylee

Going to take a lot more than that man.

Yep. And that would only mean we could field a half-decent, badly motivated, tactically challenged 1st choice team - with bang average squad depth.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

It's a complete joke.

What if he loses against all these games.

Every single lost game and it'll get toxic towards the man. 95% of hearts supporters want Cathro out that's unheard of and we're still mulling it over. He should've been sacked as soon as he entered the changing rooms at 16.50 on Saturday.

Correct. Well there due back in training, We should find out a bit more today.

Governor Tarkin

Can someone post that Kevin Keegan smiley for me, ta.

kingantti1874

It's not the players.. It wasn't the players with Robbies team. It wasn't the players in January and it's not the players now.. This man is incapable of getting the best out of a team.. He appears incapable of getting anything from a team

No we don't.

I think we are still talking money to get him to walk.

I was about to post this yesterday when I did originally post about the 4 game scenario.

I suspect he will get the 4 games but this might depend on actual performances. I also think we need to sound out potential replacements and with the season not already started this could prove difficult.

We need to get this appointment spot on so I would rather we took the time and got the right man.

If I am being honest I wished I hadn't posted it as originally I thought he would gone next week after the Celtic game but the silence from the club is deafening.

It's not the players.. It wasn't the players with Robbies team. It wasn't the players in January and it's not the players now.. This man is incapable of getting the best out of a team.. He appears incapable of getting anything from a team

Completely agree with your last sentence but it is the players too. The squad is dreadful and whoever ends up coming in, whenever that happens is going to have another huge task overhauling the rabble they've been left with. Cathro is categorically not getting what he should be out of the squad but we are miles away from having a good team due to the awful recruitment we've seen over the last 18 months or so. There are holes throughout the team and squad and a real lack of quality.

I've heard from someone fairly reliable that he will be gone before Saturday and Houston will be the replacement. Don't normally post info like this and I'm not overly excited with the replacement but to be honest anyone will be an improvement on what we have.

That's Houston Levein's mate.

Disagree, the players irrespective of manager should be winning the last two games. Cathro has a lot to answer for but let's not pretend the players don't have any responsibility in this.

kingantti1874

Don't get me wrong.. When I say it's not the players my point is the players we have are on paper good enough for 4th at worst..

I said the same about the January team.. No way were they the worst in the league.. But I'm under no illusion that we are great.

The common domoninator is Cathro.. If Derek's McInnes or Brendan Rodgers managed hearts we have finished 3rd at worst last season and we wouldn't be out of the cup..

Captain Canada

We need to act now to give someone else a chance to bring in their own players this month.

Not winning the next four games then taking action will be too late. I also think we should be casting our net far and wide, not just looking at Scottish managers.

All the coaches at the club are young and having a more senior manager they can learn from would be beneficial. I doubt that Daly for example has learnt that much from Cathro about how to do things right.

I really want Austin to stay on as assistant as it would help minimise disruption and keep a lot of the players happy.

johnking123

Why would you let him stay to the end of the transfer window. Higher a new manager and cannot get players till January window.

Heartsmad1874

I've a feeling they won't want to bring a new manager in now as he's on a hiding to nothing in the first 5 games possibly but then they are leaving Cathro out to dry by keeping him in charge for 5 tough games which he very might lose.

Nookie Bear

I've a feeling they won't want to bring a new manager in now as he's on a hiding to nothing in the first 5 games possibly but then they are leaving Cathro out to dry by keeping him in charge for 5 tough games which he very might lose.

We are only seen to be on a hiding to nothing for our first block of games because the team is playing so badly under Cathro. Celtic aside, we should be looking to get at least a point from these games, or are we just going to write off yet another season.

Get another head coach in to organise this team, put them in the pitch with a different mindset and tactics, and we can still salve something from the season.

Hopefully the cash from Johnson will be enough to get rid.

?4 wont do much

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I've seen a few opinions/suspicions like this, I don't understand it. Why would they be on a hiding to nothing? A competent man who can get more out of these players should not be viewing Motherwell and Kilmarnock as daunting matches. Celtic is a free game because nobody reasonably expects us to take anything, Rangers and Aberdeen are tougher games of course but certainly not write off matches - quite the opposite. They should be games that set the tone for our league campaign, preferably, with a new man at the helm.

Total guess work from Banderson. All just made up from reading off here.

Yep. Basically summing up the current position. Hasn't managed to obtain an up to date quote so digs out one, albeit relevant, from a wee while back.

So Parkhead is a "baptism of fire"? What were the LC group matches then?

Another way of looking at it is that we might as well let Cathro take the Celtic defeat rather than handing it to a new boy. Who knows? But it's not exactly the best platform from which to start a new season.

I have no idea if MacPhee will take over at some point, either temporarily or permanently.

If he did, I would still be a little concerned. When he came, we were told he will bring to the table his excellent ability to study, analyse and read the opposition, but as yet we have not seen this. Indeed. It seems the opposition are able to read and analyse us.

We have lost many games we should we winning, but I cannot think of a single game we won, where we should be losing.

Francis Albert

I have no idea if MacPhee will take over at some point, either temporarily or permanently.

If he did, I would still be a little concerned. When he came, we were told he will bring to the table his excellent ability to study, analyse and read the opposition, but as yet we have not seen this. Indeed. It seems the opposition are able to read and analyse us.

We have lost many games we should we winning, but I cannot think of a single game we won, where we should be losing.

Just as there is not a shred of evidence from what we have seen on the pitch of Cathro's coaching genius, exactly the same can be said of McPhee's analytical ability. Some seem to find him more articulate and charismatic than Cathro. Those are not qualifications to manage Hearts. A new manager can decide whether he wants him as a coach/analyst ... or is that Levein's call?

You're a good man Jammy T....raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...

Francis Albert

Another way of looking at it is that we might as well let Cathro take the Celtic defeat rather than handing it to a new boy. Who knows? But it's not exactly the best platform from which to start a new season.

There would be no better game for a new boy because no-one has any expectation of anything other than a heavy defeat at Parkhead.

The Treasurer

Sorry but I just don't get this "we're going to get humped so why bother changing just now" attitude.

If we're so sure that the current management team are incapable of getting a result in our opening 4-5 matches then all the more reason to get rid.

We_are_the_Hearts

There would be no better game for a new boy because no-one has any expectation of anything other than a heavy defeat at Parkhead.

Thing is, Saturday is an opportunity. Celtic have a huge game away to Rosenborg just 48 hours earlier. If we ahd the right man in charge and the right players and went into the game high tempo and with urgency then you never know but this lot aren't capable of it

Archived