Board Meeting

Paulie Walnut

Five to One

If he stays, who is going to want to sign for us before the end of the window with all the uncertainty surrounding his position in the background? Its untenable! 

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A_A wehatethehibs

This all sounds like made up, conspiracy theory, wacko nonsense.

The club have consistently said that the head coach is in charge of signing players. Maybe Lafferty and Smith were suggested and sounded out by McPhee but the decision to sign them clearly wasn't made by him. 

Levein just sorts out the contracts and deals with agents. He doesn't choose what players we sign.

Every time we go through a bad phase, people trot out the Vlad-style conspiracies that Levein is behind our signings and Cathro is a puppet. Regular as clockwork.

Craig Levein had a pre-existing relationship with Berra, having seen him as a youth at Hearts and given him a dozen Scotland caps. Berra had no relationship whatsoever with Cathro = Levein signing.

Smith and Lafferty have pre-existing relationships with McPhee - they are NI internationals and Lafferty even said "Austin has been at my ear for 6 months". Both players with no pre-existing relationship to Cathro = McPhee signings.

It is not rocket science to work out that none of those 3 players signing for Hearts had much to do with Ian Cathro, yes as head coach he gave them the go-ahead but he did not identify them or make any phone calls to bring them to hearts. McPhee and Levein demonstrably did.

I doubt there will be a new manager until after the game against the rebels.

If at all

I assume even if we have did have someone lined up they would watch that game from the stands. 

I can't see Cathro resigning. This job is his big chance and he was given it despite much eyebrow raising in the football community in Scotland. If he loses this job it will be a very long time until he gets another chance, if at all. Make or break for him so I think he will cling on hoping he can turn it around. Personally I think he should bolt!

Bollox. Your mate is a season ticket holder and Hearts man through and through? ... arent you??!! Aren't we all??? Brutal chat.

The brutal chat is from you. In any support there are guys that just fabricate stories for there own agenda whatever that may be. The point I was trying to make is the guy is as honest as they come and I have no doubt he's not spinning a yarn for a 'look at me moment'. You on the other hand......

Meantime Rangers are biding their time watching Hearts implode. The sight of us scratching around for the cash to pay off IC will doubtless encourage them to come back with a ?300k bid for Walker on a take it or leave it basis.

If Cathro has offered to resign before why would he refuse to do so now?

I doubt some random Hearts fan will know the outcome of a meeting between Budge, Levein, Cathro and MacPhee.

...a bit disco

Couple of rumours on Twitter saying Cathro to be given more time.

Who knows though.

If true, then surely no way back for either parties.

Yeah that's what I thought too. I think he will be put on gardening leave with levein taking over to save the wages. Just my opinion though.

Five to One

Who knows though.

Anyone with any ounce of credibility or merely conjecture?

Craig Levein had a pre-existing relationship with Berra, having seen him as a youth at Hearts and given him a dozen Scotland caps. Berra had no relationship whatsoever with Cathro = Levein signing.

Smith and Lafferty have pre-existing relationships with McPhee - they are NI internationals and Lafferty even said "Austin has been at my ear for 6 months". Both players with no pre-existing relationship to Cathro = McPhee signings.

It is not rocket science to work out that none of those 3 players signing for Hearts had much to do with Ian Cathro, yes as head coach he gave them the go-ahead but he did not identify them or make any phone calls to bring them to hearts. McPhee and Levein demonstrably did.

So you made it all up then. Excellent.

They're all Cathro signings as he decides who we sign. The other staff help with suggestions and contacts but they're all Cathro signings.

Anything else is just fantasy.

Five to One

Yeah that's what I thought too. I think he will be put on gardening leave with levein taking over to save the wages. Just my opinion though.

This would be the most financially prudent course yes. Or installing McPhee, though I think this is less likely. 

My guess is, he will be given a points target for the first four or five games then he will agree to walk if not achieved

If Cathro has offered to resign before why would he refuse to do so now?

I doubt some random Hearts fan will know the outcome of a meeting between Budge, Levein, Cathro and MacPhee.

Who knows mate. Just passing on what I've been told. As was my mate tbf. Could be rubbish.

My guess is, he will be given a points target for the first four or five games then he will agree to walk if not achieved

I could see McPhee getting a go....maybe with Locke as no2

Who knows mate. Just passing on what I've been told. As was my mate tbf. Could be rubbish.

I believe you were told what you were told

The board discussions are bound be kept as tight as a nut though.

...a bit disco

Anyone with any ounce of credibility or merely conjecture?

One boy who got a couple of things right in the past.

That's about it really.

Elias Henry Furst

He's going nowhere soon.

No way are they going to part company 5 days before the first league game of the season.

They'll be clinging to the hope they can get their gk and midfielder and that we can get through the opening fixtures with a better points haul than many are predicting.

I doubt we'll hear a thing from the club.

Angry Haggis

Either way some kind of communication from the club on the matter would be welcomed.

If not then I'm sure their will be plenty communication the other way. Can anyone honestly foresee taking anything from the league opener? More pressure - rinse and repeat.

And Celtic reserves basically pumped Sunderland 5-0. Head in hands next Saturday I'm afraid.

Jambo 4 Ever

Hence why we must keep MacPhee

Five to One

So are the Board meeting again today? We must be going through a fare amount of coffee and biccys.

What's clear is that we won't have sounded out or planned to sound out new managers before the league season has even begun.

If Cathro is to go I am sure that Daly and Kirk will remain 'too soon' to be ready.

We therefore need to look, sound out, negotiate, and sign a new manager that won't be another risk.

That won't take a week.

Therefore whilst people will be pissed off I cant see much choice for the club other than the following:

1. Cathro gets a rocket up his ass and has a handful of games to save his job

2 Cathro gets emptied and Levein takes it on to buy us time to find the right person.

And as it stands it looks like 1 would be most

likely..

Siphiwe Tshabalala

If there's no communication from the club today, then that tells us everything we need to know about the current regime.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

What's clear is that we won't have sounded out or planned to sound out new managers before the league season has even begun.

If Cathro is to go I am sure that Daly and Kirk will remain 'too soon' to be ready.

We therefore need to look, sound out, negotiate, and sign a new manager that won't be another risk.

That won't take a week.

Therefore whilst people will be pissed off I cant see much choice for the club other than the following:

2 Cathro gets emptied and Levein takes it on to buy us time to find the right person.

likely..

You could take a family member hostage. It wouldn't magically make him anything other than terrible. He couldn't run a nursery.

Who knows though.

Of course he will it's what clubs do and we will be in total shit maybe even too late to save us before he gets his jotters.What has he done for them to think it will come good that's what I want to know.

AlphonseCapone

The fact we are away from home for the first 4 games means they'll give him time imo. If we were at home this weekend, he'd be gone.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

To be immediately replaced by whom?

Paolo Sergio or anyone really. No way should a stubborn arsehole willing to sacrifice Hearts to save his ego.

The fact we are away from home for the first 4 games means they'll give him time imo. If we were at home this weekend, he'd be gone.

He can't win away from home.Are you saying we have already written off these 4 games so may as well keep him until after them.

Paolo Sergio or anyone really. No way should a stubborn arsehole willing to sacrifice Hearts to save his ego.

'anyone really' ??

FFS

A_A wehatethehibs

So you made it all up then. Excellent.

They're all Cathro signings as he decides who we sign. The other staff help with suggestions and contacts but they're all Cathro signings.

Anything else is just fantasy.

:lol:

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

'anyone really' ??

FFS

Over a man that's willing to watch us crash and burn to keep his wee boy in a job?

You're effing right!

AlphonseCapone

He can't win away from home.Are you saying we have already written off these 4 games so may as well keep him until after them.

I'm saying I think the board are going to be stubborn as **** over this and will give him the first 4 games to see if he can make a miracle happen while also sounding out new managers. If we perform as badly as we all expect in those 4 games then the board will sack him before Aberdeen and a new manager already sounded out will come in.

For the record, I'm not saying anything, I'm predicting the board's behaviour. I don't think the guy should have been Hearts manager past 6.30pm on Saturday.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

There's no point giving him any more games. We'd be better off with no manager. He actually makes us grossly underperform it's laughable.

I'm saying I think the board are going to be stubborn as **** over this and will give him the first 4 games to see if he can make a miracle happen while also sounding out new managers. If we perform as badly as we all expect in those 4 games then the board will sack him before Aberdeen and a new manager already sounded out will come in.

For the record, I'm not saying anything, I'm predicting the board's behaviour. I don't think the guy should have been Hearts manager past 6.30pm on Saturday.

Yeah I agree with you they won't sack him mate.We will just go down the route clubs seem to do.Vote of confidence then pull the trigger 5 or 6 weeks later when we are floundering at the bottom of the league.

Escobar PHM

Strange but I agree with this. Even 4 defeats and he wont be exposed to vitriol by a huge number of fans. A couple of defeats at Tynecastle would ensure the fan pressure saw him off.

If they don't sack him today, he'll be in charge for those 4 away games. I imagine he will be told he has those 4 games to save his job. Tough ask !

I agree and think this might happen

That won't take a week.

likely..

I'd be very surprised if they've not got a plan b given the scenario that's panned out was always a possibility. CL made a few comments at the end of the season that suggested IC had been given targets. You have to assume getting past 3 lower league teams in a league cup group was one of them and to fail at that so spectacularly surely triggers plan b.

I still think Houston which will take more than a week so I expected MacPhee and Daly or maybe Kirk to be in the dugout for Celtic. MacPhee definitely stays regardless.

Given the crap we endured second half of last season the least we could have expected by way of improvement would have been winning or at the very least qualifying from a group with 3 part time, lower league teams. The board can't give him more time. Time for decisive action

Strange but I agree with this. Even 4 defeats and he wont be exposed to vitriol by a huge number of fans. A couple of defeats at Tynecastle would ensure the fan pressure saw him off.

If they don't sack him today, he'll be in charge for those 4 away games. I imagine he will be told he has those 4 games to save his job. Tough ask !

He'll get absolutely savaged by the away support at Killie if we're getting beat. I'd think we'll take a decent number through there.

Five to One

Disastrous course of action if turns out to be true.

Archived