British Open Golf

Jeff

Space Mackerel

How could a thread title ruin your British Open experience?

Wimbledon should've been called All English Professional Tennis Tournament?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stop it you're killing me here........

Wimbledon should've been called All English Professional Tennis Tournament?

Wimbledon is fine but if a change of name was to happen I would definitely call it the South West Professional Lawn Tennis Knock Out Tournament for Gentlemen and Gentlewomen.

My Konami roots are really beginning to show

Stop it you're killing me here........

Gonna try and get it renamed to The British Open 2017 - BABABOOYI MASHED POTATOOOOOOO GET IN THE HOLEEEEEEE thread

Space Mackerel

Wimbledon is fine but if a change of name was to happen I would definitely call it the South West Professional Lawn Tennis Knock Out Tournament for Gentlemen and Gentlewomen.

My Konami roots are really beginning to show

No ones changed the name though.

Fleetwood has played the last 3 or 4 weeks without a break I'm sure. He has the ability and the bottle but he might end up running himself into the ground

Don't think he took part last weekend in The Scottish Open. Would love to see him do well as I took 125/1 back in March.

On a course he knows very well and in the form of his life, the stars are aligned!!

Harry Potter

A valid question bud, beyond me likes.

Seymour M Hersh

Apparently there is a guy wearing a suit to play in at least in the first round. Albeit a Ralph Lauren job but I think I like his style. Any time you look back to old golf photos with in shirts & ties and heavy tweed jackets it makes you wonder how they could swing a club in such restricting clothes. 

Harry Potter

Apparently there is a guy wearing a suit to play in at least in the first round. Albeit a Ralph Lauren job but I think I like his style. Any time you look back to old golf photos with in shirts & ties and heavy tweed jackets it makes you wonder how they could swing a club in such restricting clothes. 

Payne Stewart with the plus 4s, great player taking too young.

Mark o Meara with a snowman at the first

Ooft. He must have felt like going straight to the airport. Nae luck.

Rudolf's Mate

Willett leading early doors. Rudolfs Mate scrambling for the cash out

Haha nah too early for that [emoji12]

You can get 100/1 on him to lead after RD1 which is decent odds [emoji848]

Haha nah too early for that [emoji12]

You can get 100/1 on him to lead after RD1 which is decent odds [emoji848]

If the unthinkable does happen.... Betway would have paid out on Willett after the first round.

Rudolf's Mate

If the unthinkable does happen.... Betway would have paid out on Willett after the first round.

I'll be happy if he's top after RD1 tbh.

hmfc_liam06

Some pretty shite scoring already, O'Meara +11 thru 14 and DeChambeau +5 thru 7.

That's my level of golf :lol:

Some pretty shite scoring already, O'Meara +11 thru 14 and DeChambeau +5 thru 7.

That's my level of golf :lol:

I'd be 36 over by now through 2

hmfc_liam06

I'd be 36 over by now through 2

I should add, that's my level...playing out of my skin...from the yellow tees... :lol:

I P Knightley

Justin Thomas. Looks a right twat in that garb. If Roger Federer were a golfer, he'd probably try that stuff on. Decent start on the scoring, though.

Seymour M Hersh

Justin Thomas. Looks a right twat in that garb. If Roger Federer were a golfer, he'd probably try that stuff on. Decent start on the scoring, though.

I've now seen a picture and he really doesn't look a right twat. Not sure the tie will not constrict a little but he looks smart. Would you rather see them all wearing Jon Daly style trousers?

Seymour M Hersh

Payne Stewart with the plus 4s, great player taking too young.

Aye, that was very sad. He always looked sharp on the course. Sponsored by the NFL iirc and wore different team colours every round (with appropriate logo). 

Dream finish by that boy Manley. Holes for eagle out of the bunker at the 17th then cans a birdie from about 30' at the last. Lottery win finish. He'll have a much better starting time tomorrow as well. I'd be tempted to have an afternoon sesh to celebrate.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Thomas looking incredibly smart and clearly someone in touch with the tradition of the game. Got him in the sweep so a good week would be appreciated :)

Oh and it is sacrilege to call it the British Open. Title change surely

I P Knightley

I've now seen a picture and he really doesn't look a right twat. Not sure the tie will not constrict a little but he looks smart. Would you rather see them all wearing Jon Daly style trousers?

Cardigan, collar & tie and a baseball hat is the uniform of the old folks' home - not a dashing young blade on the links. 

He's not even knotted the tie up to his neck as a Booby Jones would've done.

John Findlay

Wee sneaky feeling Justin Rose may be accepting the claret jug on Sunday possibly, after a play off.

I'm aff the betting, I'd love Speith to win it, Rory to miss the cut and Fleetwood to make the top 3.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rory at the first

:facepalm:

Just not happening for the lad

Samuel Camazzola

I don't know what it is but Kuchar pisses me right off!

Search You Tube for the video of him blanking Andy Coltart on the practice range a few weeks back. It'll enhance your dislike for him.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fair effort at damage limitation from Rory, things beginning to heat up now, weather and golf

Rudolf's Mate

Search You Tube for the video of him blanking Andy Coltart on the practice range a few weeks back. It'll enhance your dislike for him.

[emoji1303]

Golf news... all 4 days of the USPGA Championship is live on BBC2 and the red button this year. It's not on Sky.

Golf news... all 4 days of the USPGA Championship is live on BBC2 and the red button this year. It's not on Sky.

Interesting. I'd heard that Sky had lost the rights but didn't see it going to the Beeb.

Samuel Camazzola

Day looks like he's ready to play basketball with those boots [emoji15]

Looks like a cross between Marty McFly and Napoleon Dynamite.

Archived