British Open Golf

Jeff

Compared to yesterday today has been unbelievable im just on the train back to the hotel after an epic day of golf.....and beer.

Spieth has this in the bag but still want Kuchar to win.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That boy Connelly has an interesting swing to say the least. Not one of golf's supermodel looking swings. More of a ten pinter.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

That boy Connelly has an interesting swing to say the least. Not one of golf's supermodel looking swings. More of a ten pinter.

They used to say a swing had to hold up under pressure but the modern golfer doesn't seem to feel any

They used to say a swing had to hold up under pressure but the modern golfer doesn't seem to feel any

Fair play to him anyway. He's doing the business for now.

On an opposite note.. McIlroy's ball stiking is incredible. The nearest thing to Tiger at his very best. He must wish he had Spieth's putting.

Hoping for anyone but that wee git tomorrow, don't really dislike any golfer's, spieth is different though, can't stand the guy.

Francis Albert

Fair play to him anyway. He's doing the business for now.

On an opposite note.. McIlroy's ball stiking is incredible. The nearest thing to Tiger at his very best. He must wish he had Spieth's putting.

Or, at least this week, Spieth's consistency. McIlroy has played some great golf this week but it has been mixed in with some pretty sloppy stuff. The BBC has clung to the idea he could be Spieth's major challenger beyond any rational point - midway through their rounds today they were talking about us seeing a McIlroy/Spieth head to head.

Samuel Camazzola

Hoping for anyone but that wee git tomorrow, don't really dislike any golfer's, spieth is different though, can't stand the guy.

Out of interest, what's the reason?

He's not a controversial character and not a slow player therefore I'm keen to understand the dislike.

I don't mind Spieth. He's a bit robotic with not much personality but that doesn't matter a lot. He plays some interesting golf with a lot of knock-down shots. You have to admire his brand of relentless score building.

I don't mind Spieth. He's a bit robotic with not much personality but that doesn't matter a lot. He plays some interesting golf with a lot of knock-down shots. You have to admire his brand of relentless score building.

Oh, for sure. He's a fantastic competitor. And he certainly finds a way to score, even when he's not at his best, the travellers a few weeks ago was a prime example, he was all over the shop. Still won...

Looks like the course is still there to be got at today. 64 and 66 in early with others making some progress. All down to the weather now.

Samuel Camazzola

He's one of the slowest players on tour,samuel!

I just find him irritating, everything about the guy annoys me, I'm sure Jordan will be gutted by my hatred of the him :lol:

This reaction too.... :muggy:

I didn't think he was slow. He seems to take little time over putts.

I like Jason Day as a personality but his routine pisses me off. He's close to being as slow as Langar and Na.

You can't watch a round with Speith without hearing him have a go at either himself or his caddy Michael.

'Damn it Michael!'

'DANG IT JORDAN!!!'

Norens gonna do this!!!

In all seriousness, the two leaders are bringing the field back into this

Winds due to pick up a lot as the afternoon goes on, still quite open

Speith already starting to ****** it up

lauriesrank

This boy Li is on fire.

Backed him four times this year..... not this week though. Lol

Didn't bother putting a bet on Noren.

:what::facepalm:

Or Grace, who I seem to back every Open for the last 5 years...

When Grace plays well it tends to mean I have avoided him

Some pre tournament bets I fancied but didn't do.

Leishman. Climbing near the top.

Z.Johnson. Same.

Z.Johnson top prev winner. Right there.

John Findlay

This is when I miss the BBC. No adverts. Sky having to many ad breaks.

This is when I miss the BBC. No adverts. Sky having to many ad breaks.

Part of the deal to host the Open was the ad breaks have to be shorter than usual

Sky's golf coverage is miles ahead of what the BBC could put together, but it's a shame it's not on council telly

John Findlay

Why is Kuchar being booed constantly.

He's not. They are saying Kooo. Shortening his surname. It's just got interesting again.

At the moment there's about 5 players who could make a very late charge up to -7. That's the target. The top 2 might not be much better. Not sure if any of the -4s can get there.

Harry Potter

He's not. They are saying Kooo. Shortening his surname. It's just got interesting again.

Aye interesting, i have Spieth at 25/1, only put a pound on him though.

John Findlay

Speith is chucking this

:jjyay:

He's doing his best but there are no takers.

Guess The Crowd

Spieth needs to get a ******* move on here.

Indeed. They were said by the commentator to be 'on the clock' when on the previous green - that being the case, what on earth are they now?

Waste of time this, should never have been lucky enough to find that ball. Should be three off the tee and on with it.

Samuel Camazzola

A Rafa eagle at 17 and Koepka picking up a few shots in the final few holes will make this very exciting.

Harry Potter

They must be about 2 and a half holes behind.

Such a strange drive, so far off the fairway, making sure the rules were adhered to.

Archived