Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

Been out all afternoon thought this would have come to a conclusion by now. If he is waiting to talk to the vermin it's time to tell him to foxtrot oscar.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People need to grow a pair of balls and man the **** up.

I guarantee that this length of negotiations is more the norm than not, its just not well publicised.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

This is beating the Juwon original thread.

That turned out ok though :rolleyes:

Jambo 4 Ever

I'll be ok with not getting him provided the club can say they have another lined up like McGinn as an equal back up option.

At the end of the day we should not let any player mug us for an unjust wage.

I'm concerned we don't have a back up plan though

Reminds me of the Gilks transfer last season

You will see tomorrow morning when we announce it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldnt blame us if we walked away from it

Dragged on far too long now and if he now wants to talk to Hibs

Tell him to go talk to Hibs but the deal is off

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

Laferty, mcginn, McGregor, smith and a random all paraded just before pay day.

Holding back to unleash all the swoops in one press conference.

Escobar PHM

Compared to the minimum standards you expect from a striker. If he'd achieved more than 1 goal every 5 games then I'd understand the hysteria a bit more.

I dont see any hysteria mate. I see discussion and a bit of impatience. No wet pants anywhere.

I expect we'll see a bit of hysteria if Lafferty signs for Hibs tomorrow but I dont seriously expect that to happen. He might not sign for either of us, which I think looks far more likely this evening.

What are these 'minimum standards' you have in mind for a Hearts striker by the way ?

This is intolerable. If hibs were not in for him as well then it wouldn't feel so bad.

Just got a horrible feeling that it won't go through as it is getting stretched over too many days and he will sign for Hibs.

if he does there's nothing we can do about it, maybe Lennon has some pull being northern Irish!!

manaliveits105

But they are not obsessed and are over 5 1

The day they will never get back FTH

luckyBatistuta

2 year deal signed and I'm not naming my source...ok. I'll get in shit if I do.

I'm concerned we don't have a back up plan though

Reminds me of the Gilks transfer last season

Lafferty is a good player but at club level he's not ever been a great goalscorer.

I'm pinning my hopes on Isma and Stockton to be our goalscorers and I'm hoping Lafferty and whoever else provides the support.

Which is why I'm hopeful if we don't get him maybe we still have an option on the likes of McGinn.

Jambo 4 Ever

Fair enough

No need to name source, but when do you think it will be announced?

Any reason for the apparent hold up?

And any idea if more players will be announced at same

Time?

Fwiw I hope ur sincere and not pulling folks legs

From what I remember ur a good poster so will assume ur telling the trith

indianajones

i told you not to tell anyone. 

Cruyff Turn

Like most of us I'd love to sign Lafferty but look, if he wants more than what our budget allows for then tough shit, he's a good player but he's not a special one.

We'll move on and I'm sure there will be plenty of other good players out there who can add to the team for the salary on offer.

The positive thing is that clearly there is money to spend on players, when a month or so ago there was talk of us being restricted on what we could offer.

As I said, great if he does, nae biggie if he doesn't.

AlphonseCapone

I dont see any hysteria mate. I see discussion and a bit of impatience. No wet pants anywhere.

I expect we'll see a bit of hysteria if Lafferty signs for Hibs tomorrow but I dont seriously expect that to happen. He might not sign for either of us, which I think looks far more likely this evening.

What are these 'minimum standards' you have in mind for a Hearts striker by the way ?

I think folk are just desperate, understandably, for us to sign players and are possibly not evaluating the players the way they should but I'm quite happy for the club to take ages with it as long as we get the right guys. For example, if we had never been linked with Lafferty and it was announced Aberdeen had signed him, I don't think people would be worried.

This server for this place would explode if he signed for Hibs :laugh:

I think Ismael will score goals if he gets the service so I hope he is our out and out goal scorer, something we haven't had for too long. Alongside him I want a player with a bit of composure, a guy who'll take the ball from the midfield, hold it up and feed Ismael. Basically I want an intelligent player in that position and not necessarily an Elliott type guy who'll run his heart out but won't be that link between midfield and up top. We've missed that link for too long, probably not helped by the fact we play so many defensively minded midfielders who are always too far away from the striker. I don't doubt Lafferty would give us fight and heart, something we desperately need, but we don't need it in every position, we need the clever players too.

luckyBatistuta

Fair enough

No need to name source, but when do you think it will be announced?

Any reason for the apparent hold up?

And any idea if more players will be announced at same

Time?

You now know what I know...I'll ask

i told you not to tell anyone.

Your having a laugh...your not, surely :lol:

I think folk are just desperate, understandably, for us to sign players and are possibly not evaluating the players the way they should but I'm quite happy for the club to take ages with it as long as we get the right guys. For example, if we had never been linked with Lafferty and it was announced Aberdeen had signed him, I don't think people would be worried.

This server for this place would explode if he signed for Hibs :laugh:

I think Ismael will score goals if he gets the service so I hope he is our out and out goal scorer, something we haven't had for too long. Alongside him I want a player with a bit of composure, a guy who'll take the ball from the midfield, hold it up and feed Ismael. Basically I want an intelligent player in that position and not necessarily an Elliott type guy who'll run his heart out but won't be that link between midfield and up top. We've missed that link for too long, probably not helped by the fact we play so many defensively minded midfielders who are always too far away from the striker. I don't doubt Lafferty would give us fight and heart, something we desperately need, but we don't need it in every position, we need the clever players too.

I'm hopeful Martin could still be that clever link player. But then I'm an optimist!

If that's what Batistuta was told then it's the truth as he knows it.

He wouldn't pull folks legs on this one.

And yes, he is a good poster.

Psychedelicropcircle

Does JKB have that live feed thing like FB so I can watch the ITK'ers getting murdered ?

Thought as such

Cheers for confirming what I thought I knew

This guy better be worth it... if he signs [emoji23]

J.T.F.Robertson

The length of this thread you'd think it was Ronaldo we were in for.

Jambo 4 Ever

This guy better be worth it... if he signs [emoji23]

Hopefully not another oshiwana

Remember the drama on here when we were signng him

I want him to sign and I'm sure he will. If for some reason he decided to sign for them, looking at his history with popcorn teeth, it would have disaster written all over it. An ugly, expensive disaster.

I'll endorse Morgan as a reliable poster to endorse the credentials of a poster to post reliable information.

luckyBatistuta

I'll endorse Morgan as a reliable poster to endorse the credentials of a poster to post reliable information.

:lol:

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Has there ever been any actual proof that Hibs are even interested?

No.

AlphonseCapone

I'm hopeful Martin could still be that clever link player. But then I'm an optimist!

Be great if he came good.

jamtartan74

Ffs this becoming unbearable, if h1b5 beat us to this one then this place will implode, surely it won't happen but I have a sneaky feeling that popcorn teeth might somehow convince him to sign for them, they will have cash to spend after losing Cummings and will want to get one over on us no doubt about that. Question is though, would that impact his international status if he did, would he even be that bothered if it did?. Just want to get this one over the line and we can all relax.

See all this" done deal" ,"" has signed a 2  year deal" ," cant reveal my source but he has definitely signed" malarkey, i'm calling it out as utter shite.it would be in the public domain by now, no need not to .

Further more if Lafferty speaks to Hibs tomorrow there is next to no chance he will come back and sign for Hearts, in fact i would probably be expecting him to sign for Hibs tbh.

Hpoefully he signs for us , but as i say if he speaks to Hibs, he ain't coming to Hearts , for sure imo

You will see tomorrow morning when we announce it

I wouldnt blame us if we walked away from it

Dragged on far too long now and if he now wants to talk to Hibs

Tell him to go talk to Hibs but the deal is off

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Jambos4life

Could this be hearts playing games with the media? If genuine fans are saying deal done he's signed a 2 year contract then why has the club not said a thing

Jambo 4 Ever

Could this be hearts playing games with the media? If genuine fans are saying deal done he's signed a 2 year contract then why has the club not said a thing

Maybe it's not true?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You now know what I know...I'll ask

Your having a laugh...your not, surely :lol:

Ian Cathro here. What do you mean?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Maybe it's not true?

I've been thread banned for less than this *****^^^^^^^

John Findlay

I will endorse the endorser who has endorsed the poster who has endorsed Morgan who endorsed LuckyBatistuta who in turn endorsed Victoria.........I think.

Shanks said no

that will do for me

maroonlegions

Does JKB have that live feed thing like FB so I can watch the ITK'ers getting murdered ?

Squared goes could be Periscoped live from the back of the Wheatfield  if the ITKers are found wanting. 

Escobar PHM

I will endorse the endorser who has endorsed the poster who has endorsed Morgan who endorsed LuckyBatistuta who in turn endorsed Victoria.........I think.

Ah you've ruined the whole thing now John because you've got zero credibility.

That's enough for me

Archived