Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have we ever announced a signing after 5pm? Do our Twitter people go home at 5? 

We announced half a dozen that night in January 07. Or is my mind playing tricks?

We announced half a dozen that night in January 07. Or is my mind playing tricks?

Aye on that bbc radio through the window show. Was class.

...a bit disco

Pretty sure Rudis Return was announced later on as well?

It's looking less likely to happen as time passes - I hope so anyway. He isn't great and he is likely to cause bother. I really don't want him anywhere near Hearts

Thankfully its not about the likes of you and your crystal ball

Mon Big Man lets see the scarf above yer napper

I think the club will make an announcement in their own time.On the positive side I've not seen any media reports saying talks have broken down.I think I'm like a few others on here,why are we getting so f.mked up about this one signing ?

Holyrood_Hearts

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-rangers-celtic-10694444.amp#live-event-entry-162475

KL update at 1700 suggests he is in riccarton now but has plans to talk with Hibs tomorrow

A wee bit concerned after 3 days of meetings A) we haven't got this signed off & B) he's planning talks with the wee team.

I'm hoping he's at Riccarton carrying out his medical.

Sorry guys, it's off [emoji80][emoji80]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No its not.

larbert_jambo

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-rangers-celtic-10694444.amp#live-event-entry-162475

KL update at 1700 suggests he is in riccarton now but has plans to talk with Hibs tomorrow

Could still get the deal done before his planned talks with them.

Although from his perspective you'd be crazy not to at least go to see what they have to offer.

fireeagle51

No its not.

You will see tomorrow morning when we announce it

:troll:

dazajmbo, on 27 Jun 2017 - 5:25 PM, said:

No its not.

what ya think of that mate

Could still get the deal done before his planned talks with them.

Although from his perspective you'd be crazy not to at least go to see what they have to offer.

Would ye aye?

They are just making up shit. He is speaking with Lennon tomorrow though as per my post last night. All this confirmed stuff is a load of shite when he's taking his time. I would doubt he's at Riccarton either, trouble before he even signs.

Watt-Zeefuik

Just seen this official statement.  Bizarre.

"Kyle Lafferty has agreed to a two year contract to play football in Edinburgh.  Having grown weary of the burdens of being away from home while traveling, he has arranged a unique deal to only play home fixtures.  He will alternate between Hearts and Hibernian based on which team is playing in Edinburgh on any given day.

"'It's an unusual situation, to be sure,' said Leeann Dempster, CEO of Hibernian.  'But with a player of Kyle's pedigree, he will improve our sides enough that we agreed it was worth the arrangement to get him to come back north.'

"'Hearts are committed to being a forward looking club and this is just a step in that direction' said Hearts Director of Football Craig Levein. 'He had actually approached the Old Firm about a similar arrangement but was told that would be impossible.'

"It is unclear how Lafferty will play during Edinburgh derbies. 'We've talked about a number of arrangements,' said Levein, 'including having him not play, having him play for the home side, or having him switch at halftime. We're all on new ground here so we're still feeling this out.'"

luckyBatistuta

Think your right, your post stinks

"Kyle Lafferty has agreed to a two year contract to play football in Edinburgh.  Having grown weary of the burdens of being away from home while traveling, he has arranged a unique deal to only play home fixtures.  He will alternate between Hearts and Hibernian based on which team is playing in Edinburgh on any given day.

"'It's an unusual situation, to be sure,' said Leeann Dempster, CEO of Hibernian.  'But with a player of Kyle's pedigree, he will improve our sides enough that we agreed it was worth the arrangement to get him to come back north.'

"'Hearts are committed to being a forward looking club and this is just a step in that direction' said Hearts Director of Football Craig Levein. 'He had actually approached the Old Firm about a similar arrangement but was told that would be impossible.'

"It is unclear how Lafferty will play during Edinburgh derbies. 'We've talked about a number of arrangements,' said Levein, 'including having him not play, having him play for the home side, or having him switch at halftime. We're all on new ground here so we're still feeling this out.'"

Don't think this will be an issue for a lot of us. We've got used to booing our own players anyway 

What a load of unfunny shite that is

Jambo 4 Ever

Imminent was the word used.

Have been told yesterday medical was done and all is well with that. Final details to be drawn out over the afternoon and deal was signed yesterday afternoon/early evening. Today been told an announcment will be made today and he has not spoken to hibs. Have no reason to doubt that.

From my own view maybe we are waiting for international clearance to come through or possibly doing a double signing when the other boy is over the line also.

Deal is done simple as that.

I have belief that the scarf above head photo will surface today.

Do you still believe this?

Heartsofgold

Feck it. I'm going cold turkey on this thread until it's sorted one way or another. All this ITK pish and others saying the exact opposite is getting in my nipple ends. Will look back if and when the mods change the title of the thread.

fireeagle51

Hearts will release a statement tomorrow at 15:00 announcing talks with laferty have broken up

Gene Parmesan

5126613f8983516244d873902ccd030590171f22

It's looking less likely to happen as time passes - I hope so anyway. He isn't great and he is likely to cause bother. I really don't want him anywhere near Hearts

Please explain why you think he would cause bother when it would potentially hamper any chance of him getting in the NI team for World Cup. Austin will be with him every day of the week nearly, he will be on his best behaviour

I love this place and twitter on days like these when we've been talking to a player. What was everyone like in the days before social media before players were announced. Calm down folks

Morse code.

siegementality

To be honest if he isn't 100% on signing for Hearts - and he appears to be hedging his bets if he is meeting with Hibs tomorrow - then we should move on. We have invested enough time on KL that he should have been able to make his mind up. He's not good enough to waste any more energy on. Personally I hope we haven't taken the eye off the ball and lost sight of other targets due to the amount of time spent on him.

The ITK posters on this thread have truely ****ed up :lol:

There really aren't any.

Hearts will release a statement tomorrow at 15:00 announcing talks with laferty have broken up

Broken down surely. You break up from school. Don't you?

Call it childish but if KL wants to even consider Hibs before us then I don't want him near my club!

I want players who want to play for Hearts, not another Tony Watt!

I'd also be concerned about his commitment after the euros

jambogemz, on 27 Jun 2017 - 5:38 PM, said:

There really aren't any.

What ever way it goes we will find out the bullshiters 

Broken down surely. You break up from school. Don't you?

This.

ITK info from The Beano..

Call it childish but if KL wants to even consider Hibs before us then I don't want him near my club!

I want players who want to play for Hearts, not another Tony Watt!

I'd also be concerned about his commitment after the euros

Has KL been at Hibs, shit I didny know that..how dare he

Bungalow Bill

The trolls getting reactions here. Believing Lafferty is actually swithering between Hearts and Hibs. I am confident he will be signing for us. Not ITK, just easy to spot the trolls.

airdriejambo3

To be honest if he isn't 100% on signing for Hearts - and he appears to be hedging his bets if he is meeting with Hibs tomorrow - then we should move on. We have invested enough time on KL that he should have been able to make his mind up. He's not good enough to waste any more energy on. Personally I hope we haven't taken the eye off the ball and lost sight of other targets due to the amount of time spent on him.

This is how I'm also beginning to feel about the situation

I'm on the worlds dullest course......I have nothing more to add so far apart from Burton Albion are getting a new scoreboard.

Course finished. I'm now upto date with the new data protection laws but have heard nothing more regarding any Northern Irish forwards.

Archived