• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

J.T.F.Robertson
Just now, magicTs said:

Patty scores at Anfield - fantastic stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

Almost leaped out my chair in celebration. :robbo:

alwaysthereinspirit
7 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Every interview you get with Warnock is “we never imagined two years ago we’d be at grounds like this”, “My their bench is deeper than my squad”, “we’re just going to enjoy it”..etc.etc. Alright Neil we get it. But you’re a limited manager and your team is awful to watch ?

It was kinda a weird interview. If you know or think under normal circumstances you can't win then set the team up with nothing to lose. Don't let your players know you think them inferior. Hate that chat.

VagabondJambo
Callum, as usual, gave his all today.  He hustled, won a large number of headers, and even helped out in defense (although Warnock was probably wetting his pants when he saw Callum back defending, given his opinion of him as a defender!)

I hope the Scotland team scouts are watching.  Callum should play in the national team striker role!

23 minutes ago, VagabondJambo said:
Callum, as usual, gave his all today.  He hustled, won a large number of headers, and even helped out in defense (although Warnock was probably wetting his pants when he saw Callum back defending, given his opinion of him as a defender!)

I hope the Scotland team scouts are watching.  Callum should play in the national team striker role!

Callumn as a young school kid played centre forward and scored loads of goals 

Was always unselfish and would work himself all over the park to get ball and usually go on Maisie’s and create or score goals 

Is it the stupid Scottish mentality of big lad  will be a great stopper ? That got him playing more defensive roles !

Fozzyonthefence
55 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Patty scores at Anfield - fantastic stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

Two starts as striker, two goals. Not a bad ratio - has he finally found his position?

He would be a better choice than McBurnie, that's for certain.  Requires thinking outside the box!

McLeish has got the box bit, it's the other component I'm worried about.  After all O'Donnell at right back, really!!!

VagabondJambo
7 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

He would be a better choice than McBurnie, that's for certain.  Requires thinking outside the box!

McLeish has got the box bit, it's the other component I'm worried about.  After all O'Donnell at right back, really!!!

Brilliant!

Captain Canada

So pleased for him. His attitude and work rate are first class and he deserves the rewards he's getting now. There aren't many modern footballers that can play in every outfield position to a high standard. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
12 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

McBurnie must be one of the worst players I have seen and with his socks rolled down it makes his crapness stand out more. Callum is much better over all. 

VagabondJambo
4 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

So pleased for him. His attitude and work rate are first class and he deserves the rewards he's getting now. There aren't many modern footballers that can play in every outfield position to a high standard. 

Agree!

He also comes across as a really decent, friendly, down-to-earth, and well-liked guy.  Just watch how he engages with his assigned kid as he comes out at the start of each game - too many players ignore them completely.  It also must have been amazing for him to come out to the Anfield Premiership crowd today - and then score!  He deserves every plaudit he gets.

brunoatemyhamster

Cant you just taste the sweetness of the sell on fee? 

Pity he wasn't English. We'd be looking at about 5 -10m when they get relegated.

He's going to be the Jambo Steven Fletcher.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Paisley Jambo
1 hour ago, VagabondJambo said:

Correct!

2 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Pity he wasn't English. We'd be looking at about 5 -10m when they get relegated.

IF

Huddersfield, Fulham, Newcastle, Southampton and (maybe) Palace are all absolutely shite, it'll be three of these teams. Burnley also look bollocks but they beat City at home. Theres going to be an almighty scrap this season thankfully. 

Given that all Kenny Miller did for 50% of his Scotland career was scuttle about closing down defenders as they tried to play out, hoping for a mistake, you’d think McLeish might see enough in Callum to do similar. 

Did he not not also play Lee McCulloch as a sort of wide target man as well?

Callum could do either of those roles. In fact, given his engine, he coul probably do both. 

4 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

He is by birth

• 2 weeks later...

Three in the last four now.

Cannot describe how much i miss this guy. Would be unreal having him in our fully fit squad at the moment. 

His price going up potentially?

Looks like he is starting to settle into the new level.

Needs to play himself into a spot in next seasons premier league. Either by keeping Cardiff up or by making himself look an asset to another team.

All the hard work is lost if he has to drop into the championship again.

3 minutes ago, dsk1210 said:

Did Patterson not recently sign a new contract with them? If so will the sell on clause continue?

I would expect so but its never been confirmed, i guess is it a bran new contract or just an enhancement on his original, not sure.

PeterintheRain
3 minutes ago, kila said:

Yes

It is a sell-on clause not a new contract clause. So if he never left Cardiff then we'd get nothing.  It only works if he moves to a new team. Which is the whole point of them otherwise clubs would just get players to sign a new contract for £1 to play for the next week then resign them to their full deal and avoid paying any residual fees to the old club.

1 minute ago, PeterintheRain said:

It is a sell-on clause not a new contract clause. So if he never left Cardiff then we'd get nothing.  It only works if he moves to a new team. Which is the whole point of them otherwise clubs would just get players to sign a new contract for £1 to play for the next week then resign them to their full deal and avoid paying any residual fees to the old club.

Thanks for expanding the 'yes' I wrote...

14 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

Callum Paterson didn't transfer to Cardiff though, he went as a free agent so not sure it will be the same as it isn't part of a transfer deal.

Edited by Taffin

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Callum Paterson didn't transfer to Cardiff though, he went as a free agent so not sure it will be the same as it isn't part of a transfer deal.

Think you will find something  around £400 00pounds was paid to Hearts for him,could be wrong though.

2 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Think you will find something  around £400 00pounds was paid to Hearts for him,could be wrong though.

Apologies, I'm probably getting him mixed up with someone else. 

Edit: just checked. He definitely left under freedom of contract.

Edited by Taffin

21 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

?

49 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Please tell me there is a sell on clause?

Please don’t quote me but I seem to recall that CP himself demanded a 15% sell on for HMFC