The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

Glamorgan Jambo

Walker hasn't covered himself in Glory but he's also said effectively nothing as well.

It's the hype from fans and family members defending him that has led to a lot of hostility.

A few ambiguous Instagram photos (mixed in with plenty blatantly pro Hearts pictures) is all you can accuse him off.

Performances on the pitch may be another matter. Not trying or his mind being elsewhere?

He's still our player for the next 6 months at least so let's hope he can stick in for the new manager to our benefit.

I highly doubt his dad said what he did off his own bat.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AllyjamboDerbyshire

The club has handled it as well as they could in the circs. There is only one blameless party here and that's Hearts.

We didn't ask him to down tools and get all stiff about a move to ipox. We never encouraged him or his family to make an arse of themselves on social media. We corrected lies.

We never asked for level 5 to make up stories or pretend we were holding the poor huns to ransom.we set a price but they weren't prepared to pay it.

**** them.

A perfect summation. With the **** them the most perfect part of it all.

He would 100% take option 2 and be advised to do so! The cleaning boots aside!

We aren't ever making money from Jamie Walker. He has been available for relative sweeties and not one English club has been interested. Clubs in the Championship who are splashing out millions upon millions not even giving him a 2nd glance. Not even Neilson the league below that interested! Nah, we won't make any dough from him now.

Punks No Deid

This. There's no chance they're gonna say Sevco didn't have the cash to sign Walker and that's the simple truth of the matter. I'd never abuse Walker but I've no sympathy for him as he's not the loser- Hearts have paid his salary for long enough while he delivers the square root of nothing. Usual stuff from Sevco, unsettle the player with a derisory offer and play brinksmanship while his form goes down the pan and then steal him at the last minute. Obviously they didn't want him that much. Over to you Jamie.

I concur

livingstonjambo

Absolutely not.

so his old man made up the story about our salary offer that would have made him the highest player at the club??

Punks No Deid

The club has handled it as well as they could in the circs. There is only one blameless party here and that's Hearts.

We didn't ask him to down tools and get all stiff about a move to ipox. We never encouraged him or his family to make an arse of themselves on social media. We corrected lies.

We never asked for level 5 to make up stories or pretend we were holding the poor huns to ransom.we set a price but they weren't prepared to pay it.

**** them.

Bang on the money

Ibrahim Tall

This is way out of order

How exactly? :laugh:

I couldn't give a toss what she's said or have any care in writing similar crap as she's wrote on social media.

My point is that if she's stupid enough to condemn an entire support and write abuse about it then she shouldn't be surprised if you few write back. Given the current situation with her brother it's as idiotic to involve herself as punching a wasps nest and being surprised to get stung.

alanthejambo

Jamie can still be a great player for us. Whatever has happened there is no benefit to ostracising him. Hopefully Levein can speak to him and get him playing

Hope it's how the OP predicts.

Judging by the shareholders dinner tonight he'll be wrapped in cotton wool and told how precious he is.

Total embarrassment to the club. Get rid.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Jamie can still be a great player for us. Whatever has happened there is no benefit to ostracising him. Hopefully Levein can speak to him and get him playing

What's your view on him liking everything Rangers related on instagram ect?

I could understand if he was a Rangers fan.

But he's (apparently) not ffs!

Embarrassing.

Judging by the shareholders dinner tonight he'll be wrapped in cotton wool and told how precious he is.

Can you elaborate ?

...a bit disco

Do tell us more?

alanthejambo

What's your view on him liking everything Rangers related on instagram ect?

I could understand if he was a Rangers fan.

But he's (apparently) not ffs!

Embarrassing.

If you are taking screen shots of social media and trying to come up with something tangible then you have no chance. It's such a complicated mess,

Ultimately we know how brilliant he can be. Let's support him and see what happens. Hopefully he will respond in the right way

We still have to pay his wages so, if he is up for and to it, we should consider him for a spot like any other player.

alanthejambo

We still have to pay his wages so, if he is up for and to it, we should consider him for a spot like any other player.

Sounds like a plan

Rudolf's Mate

If true and they offered ?250k then they weren't serious about wanting him. As many suggested in the first place!

Do tell us more?

I asked the question

"Why do/did yourselves (as the management team) continue to pick Jamie despite the fact of his lackluster and heartless performances this season?

His social media posts and effort have been nothing short of embarrassing this season yet he keeps his place despite how encouraged you both keep saying you are with young players from the academy.

John Daily responded with "the only way to get match fit is to play first team matches"

Sorry but did I miss Jamie's injury in pre season?

And yes, him and Liam totally disregarded and ignored my social media points before moving on.

**** them.

the club should have told him he would be sold when he did the u-turn on the offer of a new contract. I think Levein did believe Rangers would eventually meet the ?1mill given the spending that appeared to be going on, when in fact this was never going to happen. As somebody else effectively pointed out, its not good business to spend a million you dont have, when in 4 months it wont cost a penny to offer that same player a contract.

...a bit disco

I asked the question

"Why do/did yourselves (as the management team) continue to pick Jamie despite the fact of his lackluster and heartless performances this season?

His social media posts and effort have been nothing short of embarrassing this season yet he keeps his place despite how encouraged you both keep saying you are with young players from the academy.

John Daily responded with "the only way to get match fit is to play first team matches"

And yes, him and Liam totally disregarded and ignored my social media points before moving on.

Cheers mate.

Seems like they done their level best 'not to answer' your question with a nothing reponse then!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

If you are taking screen shots of social media and trying to come up with something tangible then you have no chance. It's such a complicated mess,

Ultimately we know how brilliant he can be. Let's support him and see what happens. Hopefully he will respond in the right way

What Hearts fan goes about social media liking a rival clubs content?

"Done nothing wrong." Don't insult your own intelligence.

I don't mind people supporting him but don't pretend he's an innocent victim.

I asked the question

Tricky discussing an employee in public. I'm sure they have their own personal views, which they rightly kept to themselves.

Walker from memory had our only notable shot on target v motherwell , lafferty's goal apart. That while his tongue was up the huns arse, now he is "commited" to hearts maybe he will kick on.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

John Findlay

This is way out of order

If you can't take it. You don't dish it. His sister is an adult. You play with the big people you suffer the consequences.

Tricky discussing an employee in public. I'm sure they have their own personal views, which they rightly kept to themselves.

Why?

His performances have been shocking.

Honesty can not be questioned. All they had to say was " we expect better and he has been made aware "

Not harmful to the club or player.

Honesty goes a fair way.

Levein's job to get the best out of him for the season. That's it. Folk talking about sending him to the u20s etc want to grow up a bit.

On form he's our best player. His form has been pish for a while.

the club should have told him he would be sold when he did the u-turn on the offer of a new contract. I think Levein did believe Rangers would eventually meet the ?1mill given the spending that appeared to be going on, when in fact this was never going to happen. As somebody else effectively pointed out, its not good business to spend a million you dont have, when in 4 months it wont cost a penny to offer that same player a contract.

How can the club sell a player when no one is willing to buy him ?

Stupid low ball offers from new clubs don't count.

Cheers mate.

Seems like they done their level best 'not to answer' your question with a nothing reponse then!

No problem.

In fairness there was clearly a small minority who supported Jamie, clearly shareholders that choose not to attend away games.

Can't understand it. he's been worse than a man down, despite a toe poke against Motherwell. Total passenger and he hope he rots.

Change of attitude, however, and I'll be right behind him.

alanthejambo

I'm sorry but some people have no idea how social media works. I'm an auld git but realise a young person can have 5 of 6 social media platforms,! often more. The average Joe can get over a hundred messages to read a day. Try to imagine what someone famous gets. They will "like" lots of things when they skim threw the messages

Never Let Them Forget

Levein's job to get the best out of him for the season. That's it. Folk talking about sending him to the u20s etc want to grow up a bit.

So you admit he's been pish for a while? So you think we should keep playing him?

No player is bigger than the club!!! We should set an example and freeze him out, to set an example for the future.

Get him away from the club for a bit  and let him sort his head out and if he's not up for the fight then bench him. There is no room for slackers now , this is  a massive season for the club on and off the park.

...a bit disco

No problem.

In fairness there was clearly a small minority who supported Jamie, clearly shareholders that choose not to attend away games.

Can't understand it. he's been worse than a man down, despite a toe poke against Motherwell. Total passenger and he hope he rots.

Change of attitude, however, and I'll be right behind him.

Very much so.

He's got a long way to go though.

Cheers mate.

Rightly so. Would you prefer they hung him out to dry in public?

Why?

His performances have been shocking.

Honesty can not be questioned. All they had to say was " we expect better and he has been made aware "

Not harmful to the club or player.

Honesty goes a fair way.

They did say he needs to play better. I still wouldn't expect them to discuss details around his social media postings in public.

I'm sorry but some people have no idea how social media works. I'm an auld git but realise a young person can have 5 of 6 social media platforms,! often more. The average Joe can get over a hundred messages to read a day. Try to imagine what someone famous gets. They will "like" lots of things when they skim threw the messages

Oh ffs. He knows exactly what he's doing

N Lincs Jambo

Agree with that to an extent. However if Walker continues to "down tools" as many on here are claiming then what else do you you suggest? Would love to see JW playing in a totally committed fashion for the rest of the season.

A friend of my lad does Mata's Twitter feed for him. 

If you can't take it. You don't dish it. His sister is an adult. You play with the big people you suffer the consequences.

Another social media tough guy squaring up to a footballers sister? Bravo!

im talking about 3 months ago, get his agent to actually do his job and find clubs.

This post sums up everything in a nutshell.

Few words but states everything required

A fit and on-form Jamie Walker can be the best player in the league outside of Celtic.

Hopefully he pulls his finger out and kicks on this year.

I am hopeful.

siegementality

Didn't stop McPhee saying it was hard to motivate a Greek millionaire at the meet the management event.

...a bit disco

Rightly so. Would you prefer they hung him out to dry in public?

Obviously not.

They could have maybe been a bit more clever with their response though.

They did say he needs to play better. I still wouldn't expect them to discuss details around his social media postings in public.

I must have missed them saying that Dave, fair play that they did say that.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived