Season ticket renewal thread ( merged )

bauld willie

Bungalow Bill

The club getting twitchy?

Heart of Midlothian?Verified account @JamTarts 20s21 seconds ago

Stage one of our season ticket renewal period ends on 6th June. We encourage everyone to renew quickly. http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/tickets/season

We had a well known negative poster criticising the club for lack of marketing re season tickets. Now they are 'getting twitchy', the club are damned if the do and damned if they don't.

Why do some folk want the club to fail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
siegementality

We had a well known negative poster criticising the club for lack of marketing re season tickets. Now they are 'getting twitchy', the club are damned if the do and damned if they don't. Why do some folk want the club to fail?

Exactly two weeks before the deadline of stage one. I'd expect a similar release a week before, then every day thereafter. It's how it works, dunno why people can see anything untoward about it.

Footballfirst

We had a well known negative poster criticising the club for lack of marketing re season tickets. Now they are 'getting twitchy', the club are damned if the do and damned if they don't. Why do some folk want the club to fail?

You are free to read what you want from what the club communicates to fans, just as I am.  It may not be the same thing, but that's how it works.

However, I haven't a clue why you added the question at the end. It is so far from what I want for the club to be completely nonsense.

Footballfirst

Do they not tweet/email that sort of message every year?

I've seen reminders before, but they are usually accompanied by an indication of how sales are going.

Edit: Last season they announced 5,000 on 20 May, 7,000 on 28 May and 10,000 on 3 June.

I'd hope that those who wish to make a point to the board about performances on the park are delaying renewing to the last minute, rather than being part of some mass movement that won't renew. 

Sandy Clark

Isn't this continual badgering of Jambo in Hamilton becoming a bit much ?

Only my opinion but leave him alone even though he is probably big enough and ugly enough to take care of himself.

We have enough things to discuss about the state of our team.

God I am feeling kind today.

I'm pretty sure that's up to the mods? Unless you and your pals now moderate the board? Despite being so 'kind'.

JIH has been an utterly horrific poster in the past but now does appear to be a Hearts fan.

On topic well done to all who have renewed and hopefully we'll get at least 12k.

Francis Albert

Do you expect them to beg?

Begging forgiveness for the last six months would be good. Arsenal sent out their renewal notice the day after they failed to qualify for the CL and the first line was an acknowledgement of the great disappointment that that failure represented. They also reduced prices to reflect that failure.The last I heard from Hearts on last season's performances was that "we still have everything to play for" and that Cathro will never lose faith in his ability.

I have renewed but it is in spite of not because of the club's "marketing".

siegementality

Begging forgiveness for the last six months would be good. Arsenal sent out their renewal notice the day after they failed to qualify for the CL and the first line was an acknowledgement of the great disappointment that that failure represented. They also reduced prices to reflect that failure.The last I heard from Hearts on last season's performances was that "we still have everything to play for" and that Cathro will never lose faith in his ability.

Arsenal's season ticket includes European games. The discount was to reflect the difference between Champions League and Europa League fixtures. That is only fair, why should supporters play CL prices to watch EL football.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/arsenal/story/3132273/arsenal-lower-season-ticket-prices-after-missing-out-on-champions-league

I planned to renew last weekend, but it was pissing down on Saturday by the time I got my shit together, so will do so this weekend (unless it's pissing down again).

I'll be at Tynie on Sunday come rain, hail or snow, cos it's my long awaited FoH plot ceremony, which I qualified for in June last year.  I've since qualified for the 1956 club, so will probably be in the 1998 club before I get the 1956 invite.

Francis Albert

Arsenal's season ticket includes European games. The discount was to reflect the difference between Champions League and Europa League fixtures. That is only fair, why should supporters play CL prices to watch EL football.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/arsenal/story/3132273/arsenal-lower-season-ticket-prices-after-missing-out-on-champions-league

I know. My point was really that Arsenal acknowledged failure. And that their renewal message went by email to all ST holders in the form of a personalised message that identified them by name, their seats, and their renewal prices. That is not an expensive or difficult thing to do given modern technology. With Hearts you have to scrabble around through multiple links on the web-site to get that information once you realise STs are on sale.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I'm delighted with Berra and hope for more of the same but Cathro won't be able to get the best out of players so it's all bitter sweet. Get rid of that fraud and you would see a lot of people renewing. I'll renew next week but I really don't want to. My hope is that Cathro bombs in the LC and we make the change before ruining our league campaign.

I've seen reminders before, but they are usually accompanied by an indication of how sales are going.

Edit: Last season they announced 5,000 on 20 May, 7,000 on 28 May and 10,000 on 3 June.

I'd hope that those who wish to make a point to the board about performances on the park are delaying renewing to the last minute, rather than being part of some mass movement that won't renew.

Or it could be that rather than renew then have to go through the palaver of switching. People are just waiting to see what seats are available in the new stand before renewing. The lack of an available seating plan on e tickets doesn't help either.

There is no rush for people to renew as there is no early bird discount.

Buy now buy August what's the difference ?

My hope is that Cathro bombs in the LC and we make the change before ruining our league campaign.

What an awful comment. I hope he turns things around and is a huge success.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

What an awful comment. I hope he turns things around and is a huge success.

Ideally yes but I have zero confidence in him. Quicker he's out the better for hmfc. Most people I know want a change of structure but I believe they would come round with a change of manager.

Last season everyone who craved 'entertainment' said no one would renew as people wouldn't pay to watch 'eye bleedingly fitbaw' but they were wrong as we smashed the 14k mark. Even the people I knew that didn't like the previous manager still renewed.

People can see right through Cathro. There is no doubt in mine and others minds he'll never make it at Hearts. The quicker he's gone the better for everyone.

Ideally yes but I have zero confidence in him. Quicker he's out the better for hmfc. Most people I know want a change of structure but I believe they would come round with a change of manager.

Last season everyone who craved 'entertainment' said no one would renew as people wouldn't pay to watch 'eye bleedingly fitbaw' but they were wrong as we smashed the 14k mark. Even the people I knew that didn't like the previous manager still renewed.

People can see right through Cathro. There is no doubt in mine and others minds he'll never make it at Hearts. The quicker he's gone the better for everyone.

Even after removing my hallucinogenic reading glasses, I can still see right through the Cathro-Chancer :(

And if someone doesn't renew it doesn't mean they want rid of Cathro too

True but it doesn't help with his record of 5 wins out of 26 which is relegation form. Of all the people i know who aren't renewing their reason is Cathro AND Levein.

Five to One

I'm delighted with Berra and hope for more of the same but Cathro won't be able to get the best out of players so it's all bitter sweet. Get rid of that fraud and you would see a lot of people renewing. I'll renew next week but I really don't want to. My hope is that Cathro bombs in the LC and we make the change before ruining our league campaign.

So Cathro gets off to a flier next season and you'll be disappointed?

What's wrong with folk. 

Bungalow Bill

True but it doesn't help with his record of 5 wins out of 26 which is relegation form. Of all the people i know who aren't renewing their reason is Cathro AND Levein.

They'll be the same group of folk who cancel their FoH subs too no doubt.

So Cathro gets off to a flier next season and you'll be disappointed?

What's wrong with folk.

Never going to happen.

The guys not renewing out of some imaginary point of principle are no better than the vast number of hibs rats who desert their club as soon as the going gets tough.

Trying to find a reason not to go to disassociate themselves to avoid a slagging in the pub or st work. Probably the guys who do most mouthing when we are doing well.

Grow s backbone.

The guys not renewing out of some imaginary point of principle are no better than the vast number of hibs rats who desert their club as soon as the going gets tough.

Trying to find a reason not to go to disassociate themselves to avoid a slagging in the pub or st work. Probably the guys who do most mouthing when we are doing well.

Grow s backbone.

you call fans "rats". Sad.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Grow s backbone.

I think people are more disappointed by the lack of action taken against a manager that should have been sacked already. It's extremely damaging for supporter morale. He wouldn't have survived anywhere else and quite rightly so. You'd be hard pushed to find any evidence of him turning it around. Most supporters see right through his empty words.

If we must continue down this model give macphee 6 months in charge to see what he can do. Been a big influence at previous clubs and by all accounts has a likeable personality who the players would respond to.

Anyway I'm just giving my reasons on why people aren't renewing. I hope supporters change their minds though as something will have to give and when a new manager comes in we want him to have the best possible squad to work with.

My son and I have season tickets in the Wheatfield, My brother and his kids have season tickets in the Gorgie. when can we request 6 seats together in the new stand.

Anyone know? We have all renewed.

Noticeable the numbers rising at the end of the month in your edit.

I would like to think we'll get somethinkg from the club at, or before the end of the first phase.

Edit of my own.....I realise my first sentence may sound daft but still a rise in numbers at the end of the month from the previous week.

Jamboelite

I think people are more disappointed by the lack of action taken against a manager that should have been sacked already. It's extremely damaging for supporter morale. He wouldn't have survived anywhere else and quite rightly so. You'd be hard pushed to find any evidence of him turning it around. Most supporters see right through his empty words.

If we must continue down this model give macphee 6 months in charge to see what he can do. Been a big influence at previous clubs and by all accounts has a likeable personality who the players would respond to.

Anyway I'm just giving my reasons on why people aren't renewing. I hope supporters change their minds though as something will have to give and when a new manager comes in we want him to have the best possible squad to work with.

Well Berra is a good start...personally we will learn alot from this transfer window and who we recruit as to how we shape up with Cathro or not.

Grow s backbone.

I agree with this.

The non renewers are likely the ones who were leading the abuse towards Sevco fans about walking away.

I said that on here in reply to one of the biggest grizzlers on here a few weeks ago.

Anything less than 12000 STs is embarrassing for Hearts fans as a support.

Stuart Lyon

jambogjh  you should email supporter services now to say you want to consider moving to the main stand

Clerry Jambo

I agree with this.

The non renewers are likely the ones who were leading the abuse towards Sevco fans about walking away.

I said that on here in reply to one of the biggest grizzlers on here a few weeks ago.

Anything less than 12000 STs is embarrassing for Hearts fans as a support.

Wouldn't say embarrassing but certainly disappointing

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Well Berra is a good start...personally we will learn alot from this transfer window and who we recruit as to how we shape up with Cathro or not.

One things for sure with signings like Berra there will be no hiding place :thumbsup:

It's quite simple like the DoF or Cathro or not if you want the club to be successful you need to back the club. They two won't be there forever, but if you want the club in good shape when the fans take over you have to back it.

The Treasurer

I know. My point was really that Arsenal acknowledged failure. And that their renewal message went by email to all ST holders in the form of a personalised message that identified them by name, their seats, and their renewal prices. That is not an expensive or difficult thing to do given modern technology. With Hearts you have to scrabble around through multiple links on the web-site to get that information once you realise STs are on sale.

Everyone knows where they sit so it's not difficult to find the price you have to pay to renew.

As for "acknowledging failure" what do you want "sorry we were shite, please buy a season ticket" !!!!!

What good would that do.

The only thing that will get those wavering about renewing to part with their cash is a positive transfer window, signing Berra is a very promising start

The hubs will sell more season tickets than us

And will taunt us for evermore for 'walking away'

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

It's quite simple like the DoF or Cathro or not if you want the club to be successful you need to back the club. They two won't be there forever, but if you want the club in good shape when the fans take over you have to back it.

Agreed.

jambogjh  you should email supporter services now to say you want to consider moving to the main stand

just send email, Cheers.

Nookie Bear

Either they are successful and you will enjoy turning up to see us do well.

Or they will fail and will be replaced early doors.

It's a win win (sorta!)

Correct

Either they are successful and you will enjoy turning up to see us do well.

Or they will fail and will be replaced early doors.

It's a win win (sorta!)

Strachsuit

Agree with you here, FA. 

The lack of acknowledgement from the club, the players and the management that it's simply not been good enough is shocking. We are customers at the end of the day. The silence from Mr Levein on his footballing department is deafening. 

I'm in the same boat in that I've renewed but mainly because we are in the main stand and wanted to ensure we were all together. If it weren't for that, I would provably have delayed and done it in August as a show of defiance against the club for the past six months on the park.

We_are_the_Hearts

Agree with you here, FA. 

The lack of acknowledgement from the club, the players and the management that it's simply not been good enough is shocking. We are customers at the end of the day. The silence from Mr Levein on his footballing department is deafening. 

I'm in the same boat in that I've renewed but mainly because we are in the main stand and wanted to ensure we were all together. If it weren't for that, I would provably have delayed and done it in August as a show of defiance against the club for the past six months on the park.

You can add some of our fans on here to that list who spout the entitlement shite should someone complain! That 6 months will never be acceptable at our club. 

Strachsuit

You can add some of our fans on here to that list who spout the entitlement shite should someone complain! That 6 months will never be acceptable at our club. 

Yup. It's not about entitlement, it's about going from 7 points ahead of St Johnstone in December to 12 points behind them in May. A club with a budget less than half the size of ours. 

That's not entitlement, it's not settling for failure.

true-jambo

The club getting twitchy?

Heart of Midlothian?Verified account @JamTarts 20s21 seconds ago

Stage one of our season ticket renewal period ends on 6th June. We encourage everyone to renew quickly. http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/tickets/season

Could well be getting twitchy, as sales would appear to be slow, or at least that is the perception.

But there are some mitigating factors, other than the dreadful performance of the team & manager.

Speaking to quite a few season ticket holders last night, many hadn't re-newed simply because "there is plenty of time, so no need to hurry" and "there will be plenty availability anyway"

No financial incentive to re- new early this year

A certain amount of confusion over seating in the new stand.

People waiting for the moving period to sit with mates or change stand etc

Some will be waiting to see the standard of recruitment before committing.

It all adds up to a lack of urgency & will contribute to slow sales. It will be interesting to see if sales pick up when we move to the different stages & hopefully player recruitment picks up.

For what it is worth I have re-newed and was able to choose seats (colour coded blue) other than those allocated in the new stand.

Francis Albert

Everyone knows where they sit so it's not difficult to find the price you have to pay to renew.

As for "acknowledging failure" what do you want "sorry we were shite, please buy a season ticket" !!!!!

What good would that do.

The only thing that will get those wavering about renewing to part with their cash is a positive transfer window, signing Berra is a very promising start

On the first point it is not as easy as it should be. See the Arsenal example I quoted. One email with the individual ST holders specific details.

With Hearts I have to go to the website, click Tickets, Tick Season Ticket from the awkward drop down menu, , and then click to get to Ann's three page message and the "marketing" stuff. Ann 's message is that change is "teh" norm  but it is all about taking advantage of the opportunities.  Nothing to suggest that perhaps, just perhaps, not the best advantage was taken, and apparently the season will be remembered for "change". Ann was happy to tell us we were once "flying high" and that we had "everything to play for" going into the post-split fixtures, but no hint that maybe things did not go as well as hoped on the pitch. Nothing about everyone's determination to improve performances and results.  Then into the marketing stuff - we will have the "largest glass curtain wall in  Scotland" and all of that.

So after those three pages you have to click another link and download a pdf file which contains a huge wodge of text in 8 long sections, page after page with no summary. If you are affected by the changes in pricing category in some areas you have to find the stadium diagram and relate your seat to the pricing details.

Questions not surprisingly are still being asked regularly on here about the process.

I don't see my comments as "negative". I have suggested an alternative.

Just out of interest - what is our average season ticket sales for the past 15 seasons and presumably if they were chartered on a graph there would be the usual peaks and troughs. 

6 of us wanting to sit together in wheatfeild we are all s/t holders going in early June to see what we can do.

Benny Factor

Don't know it mate. But if you are trying to catch JiH out better try harder. It's 2017 FFS, if you told me what your mothers address is I could go to google earth and tell you what colour her curtains are!!

I'm probably taking it a bit too personally as I actually DO live in Hamilton.

Someone asked me earlier in the season when I said I lived in Hamilton if I was JiH!!!!

jamtartan74

I will be renewing on Saturday as had to wait till I get paid tomorrow, I suspect many people are in the same position, I think a lot of season tickets will be renewed in the coming days.

...a bit disco

I'm probably taking it a bit too personally as I actually DO live in Hamilton.

Someone asked me earlier in the season when I said I lived in Hamilton if I was JiH!!!!

Tbf, I've had a conversation in the past with JiH about Hamilton.

Pretty sure he is from that neck of the woods.

Archived