Lap of honour

Dr Lager

Can you remember Leveins first season or Robbos? They took a while to get up to standard.

They also had players such as Sandy Jardine and Sandy Clark to help them.

Was at leveins debut and he was superb... pity he's an arrogant bar steward but no doubting his talent as a player.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was at leveins debut and he was superb... pity he's an arrogant bar steward but no doubting his talent as a player.

Levein was a class act, and would not have stayed at Hearts if he had not been injury prone.  He strolled through games, and his arrogant personality was actually an advantage as a player as it bred confidence.

Unfortunately that same arrogance is a huge downside in his subsequent roles as Manager and now D of F.

Jambo-Jimbo

Can you remember Leveins first season or Robbos? They took a while to get up to standard.

Robbo scored 21 goals in 23 games in his first season (1982-83) hardly think that's taking time to get up to standard.

Yeah and I was at Robbo's, Bowman and McKays debuts along with Levein like you mentioned and plenty other players over the years all the ones mentioned had great debuts you could tell from the off they were players.

Hamilton however may turn out to be a decent keeper but he is far too young and inexperienced to be number one at a club our level and with the expectation that comes with it. Even Gordon who was far better at the same stage was not number one and not even played regularly he was deliberately dropped to protect him so he could build confidence which keepers need.

Certainly not Cathros doing that Hamilton had the number one jersey thrown at him this season that's down to the clown upstairs and his previous puppet.

Hamilton should not be number one next season he isn't good enough and he'll lose even more confidence. We want to challenge for at least 2nd then we'll need another keeper for a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jambo-Jimbo

Yeah and I was at Robbo's, Bowman and McKays debuts along with Levein like you mentioned and plenty other players over the years all the ones mentioned had great debuts you could tell from the off they were players.

Hamilton however may turn out to be a decent keeper but he is far too young and inexperienced to be number one at a club our level and with the expectation that comes with it. Even Gordon who was far better at the same stage was not number one and not even played regularly he was deliberately dropped to protect him so he could build confidence which keepers need.

Certainly not Cathros doing that Hamilton had the number one jersey thrown at him this season that's down to the clown upstairs and his previous puppet.

Hamilton should not be number one next season he isn't good enough and he'll lose even more confidence. We want to challenge for at least 2nd then we'll need another keeper for a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really wish we had some like them now.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

My first season was 1980. Clark wasn't here during Robbo's first season, Jimmy Bone was. Also, Robbo and Levein were absolute class. Hamilton is utter shite.

Me too. I think. Was it at Ibrox and he played in midfield?

MacDonald Jardine

Yes and he looked lost. Got up to speed quickly though.

Diadora Van Basten

He used to play right midfield and was very ordinary it was only later when he was moved to centre half that he became the classy player we remember.

Archived