Lap of honour

Dr Lager

It's starting to border on exploitation and it certainly assumes we're easily pleased.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think we need to seriously consider what type of club we want to be. I think some things (new stand for one) are going well. Others like:

- classification of sections at the club with the new stand

- a commemorative this and that for everything every season

- that statue of the soldier

- minutes applauses every other week

- auctions for memorabilia/bricks/seats/Budge's boat etc

- management chit chats

It all smacks of bleeding fans dry, of tugging the heart strings for more donations and funds and plays with our history as a club far too much for me.

I think they need to row back from this. Our atmosphere is bowfing and our team is underfunded and uncompetitive. Where are these funds going? The Sow money? Comp for Neilson, Crawford and Hill? Muirhead? Ozturk? Rossi? Clearly it is not on the team.

Real concern is returning next season with a shiny (half finished) stand and less and less fans to fill it because we aren't performing on the pitch.

First place to start is to remove Cathro, if necessary Levein and move forward from there. As a football club the football comes first. The rest falls in around that. And footballing wise we are rotten.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that as well, what is worrying is the fact she actually believed the fans would be there waiting to acclaim the players.

Totally agree.

Are the FoH or fans groups actively expressing concerns to Hearts board? Levein will be too arrogant to care. But it incressingly looks as though we and Budge are funding a Levein experiment rather than moving us forward.

Perth to Paisley

Wasn't billed as a lap of honour but to show Thanks for seasons support....but moaners got to moan!

Would prefer next season if the thanks was given during the games by a decent performance '

I think we need to seriously consider what type of club we want to be. I think some things (new stand for one) are going well. Others like:

- management chit chats

It all smacks of bleeding fans dry, of tugging the heart strings for more donations and funds and plays with our history as a club far too much for me.

I think they need to row back from this. Our atmosphere is bowfing and our team is underfunded and uncompetitive. Where are these funds going? The Sow money? Comp for Neilson, Crawford and Hill? Muirhead? Ozturk? Rossi? Clearly it is not on the team.

Real concern is returning next season with a shiny (half finished) stand and less and less fans to fill it because we aren't performing on the pitch.

First place to start is to remove Cathro, if necessary Levein and move forward from there. As a football club the football comes first. The rest falls in around that. And footballing wise we are rotten.

Jesus, nobody is happy with the club right now but there's no half some slavering pish in your post above.

Jamhammer

At final whistle I showed the fingers to the team, booed and went home. If they can't be arsed why should I be. I'll be back in me seat next season. I hope I don't have to watch the majority of them ever again. Wasters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big statement today. Budge needs to open her eyes to wtf is happening at the club and start engaging more with the fans or she too can feck right off, ultimately as the owner the buck stops at her and she is backing these useless clowns.

The fans are making our feelings known. I'm sure these feelings will be made known when ST go on sale as well.

Get this sorted now Budge. Get Levein tae feck and get Cathro tae **** as well and bring in a manager that knows what the feck he's doing and not use us as a vanity project.

Of course I expect the usual abuse from the same old happy clapping brigade that think mediocrity and losing are part of our make up and happy to accept it because after all we nearly died and it's part of a 5 year plan ye ken

the big show

Jesus, nobody is happy with the club right now but there's no half some slavering pish in your post above.

And what would your proposal be graygo ? the guy has gave his valid opinion as far as i can see ..

the big show

Big statement today. Budge needs to open her eyes to wtf is happening at the club and start engaging more with the fans or she too can feck right off, ultimately as the owner the buck stops at her and she is backing these useless clowns.

The fans are making our feelings known. I'm sure these feelings will be made known when ST go on sale as well.

Get this sorted now Budge. Get Levein tae feck and get Cathro tae **** as well and bring in a manager that knows what the feck he's doing and not use us as a vanity project.

Of course I expect the usual abuse from the same old happy clapping brigade that think mediocrity and losing are part of our make up and happy to accept it because after all we nearly died and it's part of a 5 year plan ye ken

Big statement and rightly so .... And it will get worse if nothing is done ...

I've got a feeling that fans will remain loyal and STs won't take much of a hit. If that is the case  IC will get out of jail (not that I think he deserves it). 

I genuinely think IC will not walk and he will not be sacked any time soon.  But the thought of the usual culprits scouring Poundland in Europe for new signings fills me with dread. 

I think there are things going on - and I think elements of our support play up here too btw - that are just blatant money spinners with little too it other than to be a sop to fans a pull the emotional wool over our eyes from failings on the pitch.

Our players look tired and lacking in confidence.

Our manager is pretty clueless and our DOF is in hiding from decisions over contracts (Sammon, Martin, Rherras, Oshaniwa, Reilly) and odd departures (Ozturk, Rossi, Juanma - all guys who could do a job for us).

Listening to that interview today was beggars belief from Budge. Totally sounded like taking us for granted.

kingantti1874

I think there are things going on - and I think elements of our support play up here too btw - that are just blatant money spinners with little too it other than to be a sop to fans a pull the emotional wool over our eyes from failings on the pitch.

Our manager is pretty clueless and our DOF is in hiding from decisions over contracts (Sammon, Martin, Rherras, Oshaniwa, Reilly) and odd departures (Ozturk, Rossi, Juanma - all guys who could do a job for us).

Listening to that interview today was beggars belief from Budge. Totally sounded like taking us for granted.

I don't think she is taking us for granted.. I just think for the first time she's not really getting it.. Doesn't understand that It's all about winning, and if we can't win it's all the fight.. .. Nothing else matters..

Honestly we remind me of Hibs.. But bit we had possession.. Players and management are Spineless cretins..

I won't criticise budge but I think ST will be down and the club will be taken by surprise

And what would your proposal be graygo ? the guy has gave his valid opinion as far as i can see ..

He gave us his opinion, plenty of it wasn't valid.

- that statue of the soldier  The club have rightly been lauded for this statue, why is it an issue now?

- minutes applauses every other week  These have been requested by the families of deceased Hearts supporters, you should be ashamed for attacking the club over this. 

- auctions for memorabilia/bricks/seats/Budge's boat etc  Did you miss the fact that there is a shortfall in funding for the new stand?

- management chit chats  Seriously? you have a problem with our management team talking to each other?

I think they need to row back from this. Our atmosphere is bowfing and our team is underfunded and uncompetitive. Where are these funds going? The Sow money? Comp for Neilson, Crawford and Hill? Muirhead? Ozturk? Rossi? Clearly it is not on the team.  Our team/squad is not underfunded, yes it's uncompetitive but that's due to crap signings with bad attitude and set up badly with crap tactics nothing to do with funding.

I don't think she is taking us for granted.. I just think for the first time she's not really getting it.. Doesn't understand that It's all about winning, and if we can't win it's all the fight.. .. Nothing else matters..

Honestly we remind me of Hibs.. But bit we had possession.. Players and management are Spineless cretins..

I won't criticise budge but I think ST will be down and the club will be taken by surprise

It's not a case of wanting to criticize Budge however she is the owner. She appointed Levein and has openly backed him and Cathro. Her statements just now are clearly showing what some have said for a while now, that she is only interested in the business side. I feel we as fans are now being taken for granted, she's played with our emotional ties to the club and using that as a means of emotional blackmail to squeeze every last penny from us.

As fans we could take that but not with the terrible neglect of the footballing side, were paying lots of money each week/month and there is nothing that excites us about the footballing side. There doesn't even seem to be signs of improvement or that things will be changing.

I'm genuinely dreading the close season and the transfer market if Levein and Cathro are still in charge and more so next season. I have no faith in either to put a team together worthy of the shirt.

They need to go now ASAP so replacements can be brought in with plenty time to correct the massive damage done in time for the start of next season.

Now I don't have an issue with any of that other than of course the club try to get us to part with money due to our emotional ties to the club, they would be crazy not to. Not sure they are doing it to cover what is happening on the pitch though.

Gorgi1874

Arresting Cathro for impersonating a football manager

1822baddb4cc03b6c2a5e9738cfb6ef2.jpg

JamboJimmyB

- management chit chats

You have made a good point. The club is emotionally blackmailing the fans to pile more cash into funding the new stand. The early announcement suggested they would sell debentures which could have raised tens of thousands. They have now scrapped that idea and believe they can fund the shortfall by further calling on the fans generosity. As a fan you need to make a personal choice as to how much cash you want to give to the club. I cannot think of another example where fans over a sustained period of time are consistently piling in extra cash into a football club. This is now being taken for granted, will it ever stop ?

On the management, the only thing that will have any influence with the board is a significant downturn in revenue. Budge has already said she will stand by Cathro so sadly like many I do not believe there will be any imminent changes.  And besides Levein would need to go as well as no self respecting manager will want to work under him.

We are being told by Budge that the club's policy is to mentor young coaches/managers as well as players. I can understand this with players as they have experienced players and coaches around them. But ask any successful business person if they would put an inexperience trainee in charge of running their business.

Gorgi1874

Agreed. If anything needs commemoration and recognition then it's certainly "the bravest team"

Jamboelite

- management chit chats

The budget is competitive take a look at the accounts

Where the **** do you think the funds are going

Take a wild guess where the Sow money went i'll give you a clue its ****ing massive and its under construction

Your dig about a half finished stand is pathetic as that stand will generate more money from corporate than anything else which goes into.....our budget

MacDonald Jardine

It's not a case of wanting to criticize Budge however she is the owner. She appointed Levein and has openly backed him and Cathro. Her statements just now are clearly showing what some have said for a while now, that she is only interested in the business side. I feel we as fans are now being taken for granted, she's played with our emotional ties to the club and using that as a means of emotional blackmail to squeeze every last penny from us.

As fans we could take that but not with the terrible neglect of the footballing side, were paying lots of money each week/month and there is nothing that excites us about the footballing side. There doesn't even seem to be signs of improvement or that things will be changing.

I'm genuinely dreading the close season and the transfer market if Levein and Cathro are still in charge and more so next season. I have no faith in either to put a team together worthy of the shirt.

They need to go now ASAP so replacements can be brought in with plenty time to correct the massive damage done in time for the start of next season.

Good post.

Sierra Delta

Not sure why the players had to go inside before coming back out. A quick walk round the park after the final whistle before scurrying down the tunnel with their tails between their legs would've sufficed. 

Hungry hippo

You have made a good point. The club is emotionally blackmailing the fans to pile more cash into funding the new stand. The early announcement suggested they would sell debentures which could have raised tens of thousands. They have now scrapped that idea and believe they can fund the shortfall by further calling on the fans generosity. As a fan you need to make a personal choice as to how much cash you want to give to the club. I cannot think of another example where fans over a sustained period of time are consistently piling in extra cash into a football club. This is now being taken for granted, will it ever stop ?

On the management, the only thing that will have any influence with the board is a significant downturn in revenue. Budge has already said she will stand by Cathro so sadly like many I do not believe there will be any imminent changes. And besides Levein would need to go as well as no self respecting manager will want to work under him.

We are being told by Budge that the club's policy is to mentor young coaches/managers as well as players. I can understand this with players as they have experienced players and coaches around them. But ask any successful business person if they would put an inexperience trainee in charge of running their business.

Regarding debentures, this would cost the club income long term so it is in all our interest if these type of schemes can be avoided if possible.

MacDonald Jardine

Now I don't have an issue with any of that other than of course the club try to get us to part with money due to our emotional ties to the club, they would be crazy not to. Not sure they are doing it to cover what is happening on the pitch though.

I don't think that either but you can't deny we seem to have something to commemorate at the drop of a hat.

In practice what this means is asking fans to pay for commemorative items/ events.

The Q&A is a classic example.

As others have said in the past they would do this kind of thing for supporters without charging.

I'm sure a couple of posters (if they really go) were still there clapping. First time I have left at the end as quickly as I could and I have never seen as few people left at the final whistle on the last home game,

I wasn't aware there was to be any post match thank you. I left on the final whistle and managed to make it to Haymarket for the 5.15 train. I don't feel I've missed out on anything. Put out a team that wants to wear the jersey, that'll be thanks enough for me.

I don't think that either but you can't deny we seem to have something to commemorate at the drop of a hat.

In practice what this means is asking fans to pay for commemorative items/ events.

The Q&A is a classic example.

As others have said in the past they would do this kind of thing for supporters without charging.

If you or anyone else doesn't want to pay then don't go.

For what it's worth, I believe the Q&A is or is almost a sell out, more pounds going towards our new stand.

I get that folk are pissed off with what is happening on the pitch just now but some are desperate to find other ways to attack the club.

Complaining that the club are trying to get the supporters to part with money to help fund the new stand which is a million pound or so short is one of them. 

Edited to add that I won't be there either as I happen to think it's a shit idea too but my point above stands as the number of tickets sold shows.

total cringe, a statement

from the fans, Budge must look and listen to the lifeblood of the club now, failure to address this now and end the experiment will see our club drop further, nobody is buying into Cathro and certainly not the players

How can budge say on the radio that all the players love Cathro and his training and are all right behind him what utter bullshit. She also said that anytime she's watched a training session that it's fantastic, she's never watched a training session in her life, her nose must have been growing big time during that interview.

How can budge say on the radio that all the players love Cathro and his training and are all right behind him what utter bullshit. She also said that anytime she's watched a training session that it's fantastic, she's never watched a training session in her life, her nose must have been growing big time during that interview.

That's funny because I watched a training session a couple of weeks ago and she was also there watching it.

Francis Albert

Budge didnt stay either. Seen her at platform 3 heading to Waverley

she is on my train to kings cross.

If you or anyone else doesn't want to pay then don't go.

For what it's worth, I believe the Q&A is or is almost a sell out, more pounds going towards our new stand.

I get that folk are pissed off with what is happening on the pitch just now but some are desperate to find other ways to attack the club.

Complaining that the club are trying to get the supporters to part with money to help fund the new stand which is a million pound or so short is one of them.

Edited to add that I won't be there either as I happen to think it's a shit idea too but my point above stands as the number of tickets sold shows.

Nobody is desperate to attack the club. FFS we all want the same thing but most of us aren't lemmings and follow blindly and give blindly to every fecking cause just because we love Hearts. Most of us can see past the manipulation tactics and aren't emotionally blackmailed into thinking we need to give cause it's money for the new stand, it's money for this or that.

FFS m8 were financially secure now for a start. We are self sufficient. This "Your club needs you" type mentality is just emotional blackmail.

Like I said in the good times it would work but given the football side is in such a mess and no signs of improvement fans are rightly saying feck this now. I don't support HMFC for Budge, Levein, Cathro or even a shiny new feckin stand, I support the club I love that I've supported all my life and will always support and I don't think it's too much to ask/expect that the team I watch including the management, actually show some passion and desire to be here. Some bloody respect for the thousands that turn up every week is not too fecking difficult.

That's funny because I watched a training session a couple of weeks ago and she was also there watching it.

Budge standing watching training sessions :rofl: Ian be a good boy and get the guys to do a bit of shooting now please.

maroonlegions

These players are taking the utter james hunt out of the fans.

Budge has to act soon or its going to be a half filled new stand.

Bums on seats are crucial  to most clubs and we are no different , its going to be egg on the face if she does not listen to the supporters grievances.

All roads lead to Gorgie

she is on my train to kings cross.

Getting Conte in for next season :pleasing: 

Dagger Is Back

I wasn't aware there was to be any post match thank you. I left on the final whistle and managed to make it to Haymarket for the 5.15 train. I don't feel I've missed out on anything. Put out a team that wants to wear the jersey, that'll be thanks enough for me.

It's happened at the last home game for as long as I can remember. Not sure how you missed it. First time in years I haven't stayed behind so totally agree with you

Jamboelite

Budge standing watching training sessions :rofl: Ian be a good boy and get the guys to do a bit of shooting now please.

Would you have made the same remark had a male owner been watching a training session?

Nah didnt think so.

An owner at a training session is hardly unusual.

PeterintheRain

Really?

So you'd rather the team didn't thank the fans for their support at the last home match of the season?

Find something real to complain about. 

PeterintheRain

Would you have made the same remark had a male owner been watching a training session?

Nah didnt think so.

The bigots really didn't like it when she threw out their beloved, "Young Team".

Make your mind up mate, are you having a go at her because "she's never been to a training session in her life" or are you having a go at her because of how she behaves at the sessions she does watch

Can't have it both ways.

Nah didnt think so.

Just find it hilarious tbh, so she watches training and watches the games yet still has the same clowns trying to manage this team, she's obviously clueless.

I'm sure a couple of posters (if they really go) were still there clapping. First time I have left at the end as quickly as I could and I have never seen as few people left at the final whistle on the last home game,

I left right on the final whistle. I usually hang around a bit but on this occasion I didn't want to have any part of this farce of lap of honour.

I think unless there is a real reorganisation of the structure at the club ST sales are going to take a big hit.

Today was meant to be a positive event but has been ruined by so called professionals failing to put in the effort and desire required. Today will have been the final straw for a lot of people. Stupid statements that fail to take the feelings of the fans seriously rub salt into the wound as well.

I must say though when people complain about being asked to support the club through donations fundraisers etc.

They do realise that the CLUB is actually ourselves. Nobody is creaming off a profit or exploiting these efforts are for our benefit.

Nobody is desperate to attack the club. FFS we all want the same thing but most of us aren't lemmings and follow blindly and give blindly to every fecking cause just because we love Hearts. Most of us can see past the manipulation tactics and aren't emotionally blackmailed into thinking we need to give cause it's money for the new stand, it's money for this or that.

FFS m8 were financially secure now for a start. We are self sufficient. This "Your club needs you" type mentality is just emotional blackmail.

Like I said in the good times it would work but given the football side is in such a mess and no signs of improvement fans are rightly saying feck this now. I don't support HMFC for Budge, Levein, Cathro or even a shiny new feckin stand, I support the club I love that I've supported all my life and will always support and I don't think it's too much to ask/expect that the team I watch including the management, actually show some passion and desire to be here. Some bloody respect for the thousands that turn up every week is not too fecking difficult.

Fair enough.

To me it seems like the club are trying to come up with many different ways to get the support to invest in the stand redevelopment fund, some will appeal to parts of the support and some won't.

The bottom line is that the club are a 7 figure sum short to complete the stand and need to find this money from somewhere, they can't just say feck it we'll wait till the team are playing better, it needs done now.

bigbryanthejambo

it's just madness that even with nothing to play for since the split realistically, he is still sticking with these imposters.

Reid, Moore, Petkov, Beith, Roy, Currie, all names we have in our u20s who should be in or around this first team and subs. They have been winning for fun and names who would have been far more deserving of any lap of honour today than the imposters who attempted it. They are probably the only saving grace at Tynie right now besides the stand. 

Boys who are on a 6 month holiday in the Athens of the North should have been dropped after the shambles that was the derby and these boys given a chance - at least until Cathro has another transfer window to try and sort us out. Wasn't that the ethos of the club Levein sold to us when they took over?

The signs are bad boys. We have been through worse, and I still think he deserves a bit more time, but these last few months have been red flags all over the gaff.

For the first year ever, I've not stayed to applaud a team at the end of a season. And I've seen many many seasons. Way to kill the good will of the support

Fair enough.

To me it seems like the club are trying to come up with many different ways to get the support to invest in the stand redevelopment fund, some will appeal to parts of the support and some won't.

The bottom line is that the club are a 7 figure sum short to complete the stand and need to find this money from somewhere, they can't just say feck it we'll wait till the team are playing better, it needs done now.

I know this is maybe a really revolutionary idea but maybe The best way to get fans donating more money and buying more season tickets would be to put a winning team and management structure in place.

maroonlegions

So out of all these shite Levin signings who is going and who is staying??

Clerry Jambo

That's ridiculous mate, in talks with Wenger more believable!!

Wasn't billed as a lap of honour but to show Thanks for seasons support....but moaners got to moan!

Would prefer next season if the thanks was given during the games by a decent performance '

Are you for real? For the last 25 years I've stayed behind to applaud the team at the end of the season. This year 1000 stay to boo cathro

It's happened at the last home game for as long as I can remember. Not sure how you missed it. First time in years I haven't stayed behind so totally agree with you

Tbh I was in such a rush to get away that the fact there would be something for the final home game just didn't occur to me. My bad.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Francis Albert

she got off at newcastle. Maybe trying to get them to take back our genius young coaches?

Archived