Lap of honour

Dr Lager

The booing was pretty loud. Heard it from the back of the old stand on the way out.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the big show

I know this is maybe a really revolutionary idea but maybe The best way to get fans donating more money and buying more season tickets would be to put a winning team and management structure in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is way to simple for the likes of graygo to understand ... he has more excuses for this management team and DOF than tongue could tell ..

Archie White

To be honest I think the players tried their best today - but their best is just not good enough. They were hung out to dry by Ann with that "thank you" at game end, just at poor Cathro is being hung out to dry by Levein.

An owner at a training session is hardly unusual.

Indeed.

Stephane Grappelli

she is on my train to kings cross.

No wonder she's cross, she should be bloody furious watching that shite today.

The budget is competitive take a look at the accounts

Where the **** do you think the funds are going

Take a wild guess where the Sow money went i'll give you a clue its ******* massive and its under construction

Your dig about a half finished stand is pathetic as that stand will generate more money from corporate than anything else which goes into.....our budget

It will be half finished. It opens in September for fans with further works to be completed in terms of concourses.

Not a dig. Just a statement if fact.

As for the budget it's clearly being squandered and not spent well enough then.

barcajambo

I think we need to seriously consider what type of club we want to be. I think some things (new stand for one) are going well. Others like:

- classification of sections at the club with the new stand

- a commemorative this and that for everything every season

- that statue of the soldier

- minutes applauses every other week

- auctions for memorabilia/bricks/seats/Budge's boat etc

- management chit chats

It all smacks of bleeding fans dry, of tugging the heart strings for more donations and funds and plays with our history as a club far too much for me.

I think they need to row back from this. Our atmosphere is bowfing and our team is underfunded and uncompetitive. Where are these funds going? The Sow money? Comp for Neilson, Crawford and Hill? Muirhead? Ozturk? Rossi? Clearly it is not on the team.

Real concern is returning next season with a shiny (half finished) stand and less and less fans to fill it because we aren't performing on the pitch.

First place to start is to remove Cathro, if necessary Levein and move forward from there. As a football club the football comes first. The rest falls in around that. And footballing wise we are rotten.

From the opening word to the last I couldn't agree more.

The fans are being taken for fools.

barcajambo

Jesus, nobody is happy with the club right now but there's no half some slavering pish in your post above.

I suppose you could look at it that way but your one of the ideal customers, Mr Happy Clapper.

siegementality

I listened to Sportsound pre-match. When Budge said in her interview that there'd be a lap at the endto show thanks to the fans I was automatically howling with laughter. The idea we should be engaging in that this season is nuts.

It smacks of a lot of the stuff going on at the club which is a sop to fans and playing us.

So the lap at the end was so the players could thank the fans and you howled with laughter and all the fans disappeared. Hardly the players fault they couldn't thank the fans because the fans are too thick to understand what the players were doing.

Francis Albert

So the lap at the end was so the players could thank the fans and you howled with laughter and all the fans disappeared. Hardly the players fault they couldn't thank the fans because the fans are too thick to understand what the players were doing.

i have to be thick because i rarely know what these players are doing. Tbf though that goes for the players too

Here we go - happy clapper alert. The fans are not that thick to know that this Levein project is a feckin shambles!!!!!

MacDonald Jardine

If you or anyone else doesn't want to pay then don't go.

For what it's worth, I believe the Q&A is or is almost a sell out, more pounds going towards our new stand.

I get that folk are pissed off with what is happening on the pitch just now but some are desperate to find other ways to attack the club.

Complaining that the club are trying to get the supporters to part with money to help fund the new stand which is a million pound or so short is one of them.

Edited to add that I won't be there either as I happen to think it's a shit idea too but my point above stands as the number of tickets sold shows.

I'm not going and I've heard it's selling well.

The principle stands though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That is way to simple for the likes of graygo to understand ... he has more excuses for this management team and DOF than tongue could tell ..

I've no excuses for the management team or the DOF, they are shite and have massively failed.

Unless you care to point them out to me and I can retract them.

I stayed for the LOL.

Problem is these players probably didn't care a jot that nobody wanted to cheer/applaud them.

siegementality

Here we go - happy clapper alert. The fans are not that thick to know that this Levein project is a feckin shambles!!!!!

The ability to understand that the players were coming back out to thank the fans has nothing to do with being a happy clapper. The fans should rightly be applauded for what we have had to put up with. Actually everyone of us should have stayed and accepted their applause and done nothing in return.

Right they want to thank us? I can think of a few ways to thank us - play with more determination and fight about them. We aren't a gifted side right now, but we should then fight for every ball. 

Frankly we aren't. Cowie was the only one giving his all for his whole time on the pitch. Walker too put in the graft when called upon. Others looked less than interested.

Might be old fashioned, but I think these laps of thanks and what not need to be had when we've done something good with our season. Not the meek affair we have seen this year.

I suppose you could look at it that way but your one of the ideal customers, Mr Happy Clapper.

:rofl:

I can assure you that I am not one of their ideal customers.

The current squad have lost all connection with the fans.... a bunch of no marks that will soon be off and forgotten.

He gave us his opinion, plenty of it wasn't valid.

Sorry Graygo - not sure how to quote this properly (at least my laptop is giving me grief with it!) 

"- classification of sections at the club with the new stand

- that statue of the soldier  The club have rightly been lauded for this statue, why is it an issue now?

- minutes applauses every other week  These have been requested by the families of deceased Hearts supporters, you should be ashamed for attacking the club over this. 

- auctions for memorabilia/bricks/seats/Budge's boat etc  Did you miss the fact that there is a shortfall in funding for the new stand?

- management chit chats  Seriously? you have a problem with our management team talking to each other?

It all smacks of bleeding fans dry, of tugging the heart strings for more donations and funds and plays with our history as a club far too much for me.

I think they need to row back from this. Our atmosphere is bowfing and our team is underfunded and uncompetitive. Where are these funds going? The Sow money? Comp for Neilson, Crawford and Hill? Muirhead? Ozturk? Rossi? Clearly it is not on the team.  Our team/squad is not underfunded, yes it's uncompetitive but that's due to crap signings with bad attitude and set up badly with crap tactics nothing to do with funding."

On the Statue - I think in the past our commemoration of the Macraes team has been measured and more about remembrance than anything else. It's also - at the ceremony at the clock - been open and respectful to the players of other clubs who also signed up. To me, and a few folk I know who are Hearts fans, I feel this is more a glorification and step beyond the restrained and measure approach of that element of our past. Happy to agree to disagree on it, but to me it felt more like an appropriation of the whole thing to our club than our past approach. 

The minutes applause - Do not take it as me being disrespectful, nor shoot it down so readily as such. Perhaps I'm not as public a person with these things and keep things close to my chest with this, but I know of other clubs which at the end of a season will hold a minutes applause for all who have past in the previous season. Perhaps it's not best to go too much into that, but again I think that would be more in keeping with our previous more measured and reserved approach.

Memorabilia - No I did not miss that. So we are again to dip into our pockets? I understand this needs to be paid for one way or another. But my understanding is we as fans still do not own the club outright yet. Surely funds can be raised in other ways - sponsorship or some other type of scheme employed by other clubs. There is a limit to how often we as fans should dip into our pockets on this type of stuff. 

Management meeting - No. I have an issue with us having a management team which the club has felt the need have to explain themselves to the fans on what they are doing through a night in the Gorgie Suite rather than by showing it on the pitch.

The last point comes into your last point. And on that I totally agree. Perhaps my wrongly held view the club was underfunding the team is because our footballing department since the end of our first season has regularly made poor signings. Juanma, Cowie and Souttar excepted (and for Hughes and Martin it is too early to say) we have made numerous bad signings. Players who cannot perform to a standard that our nearest rivals suggested to me an underfunded squad.

Sorry Graygo - not sure how to quote this properly (at least my laptop is giving me grief with it!) 

"- classification of sections at the club with the new stand

- that statue of the soldier  The club have rightly been lauded for this statue, why is it an issue now?

- minutes applauses every other week  These have been requested by the families of deceased Hearts supporters, you should be ashamed for attacking the club over this. 

- auctions for memorabilia/bricks/seats/Budge's boat etc  Did you miss the fact that there is a shortfall in funding for the new stand?

- management chit chats  Seriously? you have a problem with our management team talking to each other?

I think they need to row back from this. Our atmosphere is bowfing and our team is underfunded and uncompetitive. Where are these funds going? The Sow money? Comp for Neilson, Crawford and Hill? Muirhead? Ozturk? Rossi? Clearly it is not on the team.  Our team/squad is not underfunded, yes it's uncompetitive but that's due to crap signings with bad attitude and set up badly with crap tactics nothing to do with funding."

On the Statue - I think in the past our commemoration of the Macraes team has been measured and more about remembrance than anything else. It's also - at the ceremony at the clock - been open and respectful to the players of other clubs who also signed up. To me, and a few folk I know who are Hearts fans, I feel this is more a glorification and step beyond the restrained and measure approach of that element of our past. Happy to agree to disagree on it, but to me it felt more like an appropriation of the whole thing to our club than our past approach. 

The minutes applause - Do not take it as me being disrespectful, nor shoot it down so readily as such. Perhaps I'm not as public a person with these things and keep things close to my chest with this, but I know of other clubs which at the end of a season will hold a minutes applause for all who have past in the previous season. Perhaps it's not best to go too much into that, but again I think that would be more in keeping with our previous more measured and reserved approach.

Memorabilia - No I did not miss that. So we are again to dip into our pockets? I understand this needs to be paid for one way or another. But my understanding is we as fans still do not own the club outright yet. Surely funds can be raised in other ways - sponsorship or some other type of scheme employed by other clubs. There is a limit to how often we as fans should dip into our pockets on this type of stuff. 

Management meeting - No. I have an issue with us having a management team which the club has felt the need have to explain themselves to the fans on what they are doing through a night in the Gorgie Suite rather than by showing it on the pitch.

The last point comes into your last point. And on that I totally agree. Perhaps my wrongly held view the club was underfunding the team is because our footballing department since the end of our first season has regularly made poor signings. Juanma, Cowie and Souttar excepted (and for Hughes and Martin it is too early to say) we have made numerous bad signings. Players who cannot perform to a standard that our nearest rivals suggested to me an underfunded squad.

Thanks for the reasoned reply.  :thumbsup:

This forum would die if we all agreed on everything.

Does anybody know how much Levein is taking out the club?And does he get a cut from his preferred agent pals?

Thanks for the reasoned reply.   :thumbsup:

This forum would die if we all agreed on everything.

Indeed - and I think my earlier post was a bit toys out the pram (again not alien to this place!)  :teehee:

Just think... we could have the Cala Homes Stand or the Tesco Stores End.... would really get it up the you know whos! 

the big show

I've no excuses for the management team or the DOF, they are shite and have massively failed.

Try reading over your own posts . you won't need to look to far either ...

I left just before full-time and got as far as McDonalds when I heard the Aberdeen fans singing "What the ****in hell is that".

I though maybe some fans had pulled out Cathro Out banner.  Didn't appreciate that the duds had come out for a lap of shame.

the big show

Does anybody know how much Levein is taking out the club?And does he get a cut from his preferred agent pals?

Not a 100% sure but at a rough guess i reckon anything between 150 and 200k per year .. How he is still in a job is beyond belief as he has been the stumbling block on many fronts for long enough , However one day it will all come out though ...

Not a 100% sure but at a rough guess i reckon anything between 150 and 200k per year .. How he is still in a job is beyond belief as he has been the stumbling block on many fronts for long enough , However one day it will all come out though ...

Levein is a born loser - fact!!

Try reading over your own posts . you won't need to look to far either ...

Help me out here, I've read through the entire thread and can't see one instance where I've made excuses for the management team and the DOF.

Have they been deleted?  :sarcasm:

Sandy Clark

It's not a lap of honour. It has a never been a lap of honour (Aberdeen champs league excepted). However, it has been a tradition through many years as a token thank you for supporting through the season. TOKEN.

You did not have to stay

You did not have to applaud

It did not cost you money to stay

It did not cost you money to applaud

It cost you no more or less if you left before the end

You are not a better supporter whatsoever.

Nelly Terraces

From BBC Text Match Report. Cringetastic:

"This wasn't how it was supposed to end.

Hearts players re-emerge from the dressing room wearing T-shirts thanking the fans for their support throughout the season. But although another near-capacity 16,522 were in attendance, barely 1,000 are left to acknowledge the players.

Head coach Ian Cathro comes out after the players, takes a few tentative steps onto the pitch, gets booed, and thinks better of it."

Sandy Clark

From BBC Text Match Report. Cringetastic:

"This wasn't how it was supposed to end.

Hearts players re-emerge from the dressing room wearing T-shirts thanking the fans for their support throughout the season. But although another near-capacity 16,522 were in attendance, barely 1,000 are left to acknowledge the players.

Head coach Ian Cathro comes out after the players, takes a few tentative steps onto the pitch, gets booed, and thinks better of it."

Deserved.

So you'd rather the team didn't thank the fans for their support at the last home match of the season?

Find something real to complain about.

Aye, this years been a barrel of fun. I think the number of fans who stayed after compared to, say for example after the huns 2 years ago says it all but if that's not "real" enough for you fair enough peter. When should fans complain?

Captain America

1st time I haven't stayed back for lap of honour/Thanks to the fans.

I feel little connection between fans and players right now and zero connection between management and fans.

Budge living it a fantasy land, all rosy in her garden.

Here's interview on STV the other day smacked of someone oblivious to supporter feeling

Hendricks

Anyone hear any rumors today that Levein is again having issues out with his football life and that its impacting his day to day job at Tynecastle and a reason for his disappearing act?

All roads lead to Gorgie

That's ridiculous mate, in talks with Wenger more believable!!

Replacing one Specialist in failure with another ?

she got off at newcastle. Maybe trying to get them to take back our genius young coaches?

Surely the Magpies want to stay up next season so unlikely !

Anyone hear any rumors today that Levein is again having issues out with his football life and that its impacting his day to day job at Tynecastle and a reason for his disappearing act?

Women, gambling or both?

Italian Lambretta

Yeah he is gambling with the clubs money with all the duds he is signing.

Then gambling the money he earns from us in the bookies on more duds.

Sandy Clark

Yeah mate its common knowledge he is very close to someone at the club. I won't say any more.

Let's imagine there 2nd goal hadn't went in and imagine..just imagine we had sneaked a winner, how different would this thread have been?

Wakes Wakey

I think we need to seriously consider what type of club we want to be. I think some things (new stand for one) are going well. Others like:

- classification of sections at the club with the new stand

- that statue of the soldier

- minutes applauses every other week

- auctions for memorabilia/bricks/seats/Budge's boat etc

- management chit chats

I think they need to row back from this. Our atmosphere is bowfing and our team is underfunded and uncompetitive. Where are these funds going? The Sow money? Comp for Neilson, Crawford and Hill? Muirhead? Ozturk? Rossi? Clearly it is not on the team.

Real concern is returning next season with a shiny (half finished) stand and less and less fans to fill it because we aren't performing on the pitch.

First place to start is to remove Cathro, if necessary Levein and move forward from there. As a football club the football comes first. The rest falls in around that. And footballing wise we are rotten.

Bang on

Sandy Clark

Let's imagine there 2nd goal hadn't went in and imagine..just imagine we had sneaked a winner, how different would this thread have been?

Wakes Wakey

Aye, parades and everything.

indianajones

Wakes Wakey

All ifs and buts.

Yet cathro remains a clueless dick.

Empty him.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Nookie Bear

Women, gambling or both?

Yeah mate its common knowledge he is very close to someone at the club. I won't say any more.

True or not, I would rather judge Levein on his abilities as a DoF rather than on any rumours. All seems a bit Sun newspaper for my taste.

So Make Some Noise..

I personally think it's bloody marvellous that that bunch of jobs worths had to come out in cheesy t-shirts to see 4 empty stands. Hopefully gives them some much needed perspective of how embarrassing they've been to a man. 

Wakes Wakey

And if yer auntie had baws she'd be yer uncle.

And why St Mirren have their current manager

siegementality

I personally think it's bloody marvellous that that bunch of jobs worths had to come out in cheesy t-shirts to see 4 empty stands. Hopefully gives them some much needed perspective of how embarrassing they've been to a man.

Jobs worths?

Sandy Clark

And why St Mirren have their current manager

No idea mate but it's painful the run he manged last few weeks.

Archived