Lap of honour

Dr Lager

Yeah mate its common knowledge he is very close to someone at the club. I won't say any more.

Not again!!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea mate but it's painful the run he manged last few weeks.

There is a link to that manager and the matter you highlighted discreetly

Let's imagine there 2nd goal hadn't went in and imagine..just imagine we had sneaked a winner, how different would this thread have been?

Wakes Wakey

Just imagine we'd brought in an experienced manager and better players how different our entire season could have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I know this is maybe a really revolutionary idea but maybe The best way to get fans donating more money and buying more season tickets would be to put a winning team and management structure in place.

We had that and you still weren't happy.

We had that and you still weren't happy.

Still greetin over Robbie I see. You really need to get over it.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Still greetin over Robbie I see. You really need to get over it.

Nice to see what the squad was really capable of. Those shackles were really holding us down eh?

Nice to see what the squad was really capable of. Those shackles were really holding us down eh?

Yep Levein was and is holding us down. Glad your finally seeing that.

It's happened at the last home game for as long as I can remember. Not sure how you missed it. First time in years I haven't stayed behind so totally agree with you

First ever time in 15+ seasons that I've not stayed after the last home game. No one deserved it.

Duns Jambo

From BBC Text Match Report. Cringetastic:

"This wasn't how it was supposed to end.

Hearts players re-emerge from the dressing room wearing T-shirts thanking the fans for their support throughout the season. But although another near-capacity 16,522 were in attendance, barely 1,000 are left to acknowledge the players.

Head coach Ian Cathro comes out after the players, takes a few tentative steps onto the pitch, gets booed, and thinks better of it."

As soon as the final whistle blew I was off, as was the chap next to me who usually stays behind to applaud the team after the last home game of the season.

Hearts got what they deserved from this game - nothing.  This has been the story of the season since Cathro took over.  

So why should we afford them the luxury this time of the traditional end of season lap of honour?

Thunderstruck

From BBC Text Match Report. Cringetastic:

"This wasn't how it was supposed to end.

Hearts players re-emerge from the dressing room wearing T-shirts thanking the fans for their support throughout the season. But although another near-capacity 16,522 were in attendance, barely 1,000 are left to acknowledge the players.

Head coach Ian Cathro comes out after the players, takes a few tentative steps onto the pitch, gets booed, and thinks better of it."

I stayed back at the end to have a chat with some regulars that sit nearby. The usual important stuff like holiday plans, keeping or changing seats, comments on Old Stand, etc.

I can recall the players coming out, some polite applause, one or two of the crowd having a wee rant, the players walking about for a few minutes and then going back down the tunnel. I don't recall Cathro appearing or any booing other than a couple of individuals. Maybe there was a mob at the tunnel giving him a bit of grief - if 6 or 7 individuals qualifies as mob.

It was a touch surreal and, in a way, a bit sad - much like when the same happened at the end of 12-13 when our most recent Cup Winning Captian took his leave of the Club.

Seymour M Hersh

I left after the first Sheep goal. Seen enough dross this season.

You probably need to grow a pair. 

The Internet

Yep Levein was and is holding us down. Glad your finally seeing that.

The shan banners, flyers all over Edinburgh and utterly humiliating plane stunt were not aimed at Levein.

Walter Bishop

Was Paterson out too?

No, he was in his seat in main stand. Had some photos and a gave a few hand shakes before leaving.

How can they have the nerve?

After this abysmal season. Did any of them apologise to the fans for some of their horror shows, or did they actually believe it was a fair season?

TyphoonJambo

No, he was in his seat in main stand. Had some photos and a gave a few hand shakes before leaving.

I think his injury, and maybe to a lesser extent Soutar's, was the catalyst for our decline. Defending aside, he gave an attacking threat that's definitely not there now. 

The shan banners, flyers all over Edinburgh and utterly humiliating plane stunt were not aimed at Levein.

Your point being?

Oh wait I forgot it's Kickback and anyone that has ever questioned the management must have hired the plane and painted on bedsheets. The mentality of a deluded Kickback happy clapper.

I think his injury, and maybe to a lesser extent Soutar's, was the catalyst for our decline. Defending aside, he gave an attacking threat that's definitely not there now.

Relying on a right back to save the season ? :wow:

Better get used to relegation next year then because Patterson ain't gonna be back wearing the Hearts shirt again.

Stephen Muddie

Wasn't billed as a lap of honour but to show Thanks for seasons support....but moaners got to moan!

Would prefer next season if the thanks was given during the games by a decent performance '

Good post

maroonnicky63

Really?

First , it is not called a lap of honour , it is to thank fans for the support ( laughable on some) they have given the team for the season

maroonnicky63

After this abysmal season. Did any of them apologise to the fans for some of their horror shows, or did they actually believe it was a fair season?

And did the fans say sorry to the team for the horrendous support by booing

Bowmans_Boot

First , it is not called a lap of honour , it is to thank fans for the support ( laughable on some) they have given the team for the season

You dont believe that the Hearts support have been behind the team, despite them being awful?

maroonnicky63

I left after the first Sheep goal. Seen enough dross this season.

why am I not surprised that a wonderful supporter like you would act in such a way

Anderson5

Let's imagine there 2nd goal hadn't went in and imagine..just imagine we had sneaked a winner, how different would this thread have been?

Wakes Wakey

Reads like a nearly.net post

Reads like you need to raise your expectations a bit..... we should be doing much better and letting the club owners know that this seasons performance is not acceptable makes sure we keep focused on performance. To do nothing is a bit of a losers mentality.

why am I not surprised that a wonderful supporter like you would act in such a way

What a great fan you are we bow to your superior clapping ability and loser mentality.

Bowmans_Boot

Didnt they deserve to be booed?

The Treasurer

For the first time that I can remember I didn't stay behind at the end of our last home game.

It wasn't a protest or a statement to how I feel, I basically couldn't be arsed, much like the majority of the squad

barcajambo

What a great fan you are we bow to your superior clapping ability and loser mentality.

MaroonNicky you really do come across as a bit of a moron.

Should folk start drafting emails addressed to Hearts, saying sorry then? :lol:

Booing? Oh, the humanity. :wow::sob:

That'll be the next thing, fans being banned for booing.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Love maroonnicky hating on a support whose money allow him to be the world's greatest jammy wearer.

Love maroonnicky hating on a support whose money allow him to be the world's greatest jammy wearer.

If we were all better fans he'd have the matching dressing gown and slippers. That's why he's so angry at us.

If folk go to watch that insipid crap, then they can express their feelings in any way they wish.

Would I boo personally? Probably not. However, if booing, leaving about 20 people at FT for the team to come out and clap, and possibly low season ticket renewals, is the way to make Budge & Levein sit up & take serious notice...then unfortunately, so be it.

You can take being shite,(we've all seen enough Hearts teams that qualify) you can't take lack of effort & desire.

It's all any fan asks, from Sunday League up.

Absolute apathy for the team, for a lot of fans currently.

Sniveling about folk booing, should be the last thing on their minds, given our current predicament.

Well said.

Captain America

Wakes Wakey

For this to happen we would have needed to have a 2nd shot on target, it took us an hour to have 1. 

Jambo 4 Ever

Disappointing!!

Surely he could have come out to say thanks to the fans too and good bye

ford donald

I listened to Sportsound pre-match. When Budge said in her interview that there'd be a lap at the endto show thanks to the fans I was automatically howling with laughter. The idea we should be engaging in that this season is nuts.

It smacks of a lot of the stuff going on at the club which is a sop to fans and playing us.

Vote with your feet and changes will happen,it's the only way they will listen,now.

The Internet

Disappointing!!

Surely he could have come out to say thanks to the fans too and good bye

Mate there was about 10 fans in the stadium by that point.

ToadKiller Dog

As expressed a month or so back the apathy and bewilderment in the stands will start to turn to anger ,that's what's happening .

The most important thing for a supporter is the performance of the first team ,all else is great but secondary .

Ann Budge and the board can't stick their fingers in their ears and hope it goes away .

Cathro is a dead man walking and likely has been since the Hibs result .

It's the big decision time from the board .

I think bringing through young coaches in is a good idea in time but first we should have spent the first 2 seasons building a solid squad with an older head in charge getting set in as a top 4 side .

Instead we are all over the shot a hodgepodge of players and a head coach who looks lost and doesn't inspire .

Could get a lit worse before it gets better ,a few drubbings could be on the cards before seasons end.

Thought Police

Should folk start drafting emails addressed to Hearts, saying sorry then? :lol:

Booing? Oh, the humanity. :wow::sob:

There used to be threads on here weekly slagging Hibs fans for booing at the end of every game. We're pretty close to that now. It's poor support.

There used to be threads on here weekly slagging Hibs fans for booing at the end of every game. We're pretty close to that now. It's poor support.

Also Plenty threads slagging them off over the years for worrying more about balance sheets than football and for them accepting losers on the pitch.

Bowmans_Boot

Also Plenty threads slagging them off over the years for worrying more about balance sheets than football and for them accepting losers on the pitch.

This has been the case for a while now: people on here (&, more importantly, at the club) celebrating the new stand rather than any on field success and justifying it as, "Just wait until.....then we will be miles ahead of them!".

Well, with Hibs having spent 3 years in the lower leagues we really should be miles ahead of them right now.

This has been the case for a while now: people on here (&, more importantly, at the club) celebrating the new stand rather than any on field success and justifying it as, "Just wait until.....then we will be miles ahead of them!".

Well, with Hibs having spent 3 years in the lower leagues we really should be miles ahead of them right now.

The best one is the "It's a five year plan" that usually fits in with your last part.

Utter drivel and nothing more than deflection by them. I'm genuinely more convinced now that many of these folk are interlopers and not Hearts fans at all. I find it unthinkable that as a fan base we were so far in font of the vermin mindset and dominant that in 3 short years it's now like a role reversal.

I have never ever heard anyone I sit beside at the games or any of my mates speak like that. It's a five year plan, thrashing themselves into comas over the new stand, celebrating balance sheets and finances, calling out fans that question the management of the club or what direction were going. Do all these people sit in the one section ? Is that why I've never heard it at games?

I was in section N, watching Derek McInnes get all his players over to the Aberdeen fans and celebrating with them. Made me realise what we could have, we have a much bigger support and there's no reason Aberdeen should be so far ahead of us.

Was no sign of the hearts players/staff so I left at that point.

maroonnicky63

this comes from a guy who came on here to slate one of our young players who made a mistake in a game up in Aberdeen which resulted in a penalty and went way over the top with the bile he came on here with , you stay the way you are and I will continue to support the team I have been following for many many years.

maroonnicky63

MaroonNicky you really do come across as a bit of a moron.

I don't give an ass tit , if people like you think I am a moron for giving players support and being against booing players then I think I can live with that

Never stayed for it.  Disappeared off to have a wee walk around the Main Stand for the last time (usually sit in the Wheatfield).

Archived