General Election

Don Dan

Why should that happen? DUP are pretty close to Conservatives in thinking. Much more so than the pathetic illiberal undemocratics. Maybe a DUP NI Secretary to be announced. That would get it right up the IRA loving Corbyn and McConnell.

Perhaps not on Brexit though, but we'll see. 

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are clearly a Tory. Why are you embarrassed to say it?

Do keep up :)

Jambof3tornado

And that should include all the people of Scotland.

They've ignored the wishes of the majority of people here by looking for any excuse to push for another Indyref, if it wasn't Brexit it would be something else, of that there is no doubt.

They said they would engage in dialogue with No voters, to take into account how they feel and how they could maybe sway them to vote Yes, they have done none of that, instead playing continuous grievance politics.

They held a consultation last year into how people felt about another Indyref, but didn't like the results of it so it quietly disappeared, so suddenly it was no longer 'The will of the Scottish people', but 'The will of the Scottish Parliament'.

They continually ride rougshod over the majority of people in Scotland, instead pandering to the very vocal minority.

Hopefully this result will make them refocus and concentrate on more important matters, and maybe give Independence a rest for a bit.

Good post.

DUP are going to be in power. The same DUP who oppose abortion.

I'd love anyone to justify how this is a good thing for us.

The DUP are roided up huns, absolutely vile *****.

Escobar PHM

Why should that happen? DUP are pretty close to Conservatives in thinking. Much more so than the pathetic illiberal undemocratics. Maybe a DUP NI Secretary to be announced. That would get it right up the IRA loving Corbyn and McConnell.

I cant imagine Sinn Fein being overly amused that the DUP now hold the UK government by the nuts.

manaliveits105

Brazen Krankie - nae shame - the bad result was partly down to her behaviour and how much she is disliked by many in her own country but hey ho - 

oh and she has no mandate for the UK by the way definetly .

Prince Buaben

I cant imagine Sinn Fein being overly amused that the DUP now hold the UK government by the nuts.

They wont come to Westminster to do anything about it anyway.

jambos are go!

The fact is that the SNP and its obsession with pushing for Independence against majority opinion has led to Scotland delivering almost certainly a Tory led UK Government. Take away the 13 Tory seats and a progressive alliance could have prevailed. Shades of them ushering in the Thatcher era by bringing down a Labour Government.

Sort of this. Hope Middle England are nicely content to be governed such. May's happy with it as it means she gets to play at being a leader for a bit longer. What a nice situation.

Accept a 21 seat loss for the SNP.

Cant accept folk in Scotland voting for the risablle filth that is the Tories. Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Labour winning those lost seats would be fair enough (did in East Lothian) but the only half decent news is that May is on a shoogly peg noo.

Serious question PJ - I've always thought East Lothian would be natural Tory territory, but it seems to be a Labour / SNP marginal?

...a bit disco

May relying on the terrorists to prop her up, eh?

Well, well ,well.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Well, well ,well.

Er, what?

The DUP are many things but they aren't terrorists.

...a bit disco

Er, what?

The DUP are many things but they aren't terrorists.

Wasn't Peter Robinson a member of Ulster Resistance?

Which itself was founded by some people who went on to be high ranking DUPers?

Bowmans_Boot

The fact is that the SNP and its obsession with pushing for Independence against majority opinion has led to Scotland delivering almost certainly a Tory led UK Government. Take away the 13 Tory seats and a progressive alliance could have prevailed. Shades of them ushering in the Thatcher era by bringing down a Labour Government.

What?

Scottish Labour encouraged voting Tory in marginal seats if it gave the best chance of beating the SNP. So blaming the SNP is a little far from the truth.

The problem the DUP have is making devolved government work in N.Ireland. Which means accommodations with Sinn Fein. Makes what they do or demand from UK government more difficult.

It's not 1970 or even 1997.

Brazen Krankie - nae shame - the bad result was partly down to her behaviour and how much she is disliked by many in her own country but hey ho - 

oh and she has no mandate for the UK by the way definetly .

35 seats and more than the rest combined is not a bad result. You sound like a Hibs fan that time they only got beat 2-0 in a Cup Final and thought it was a result.

No, the idiot Dugdale is to blame with her utterly stupid nudge-nudge wink-wink vote tory stop SNP campaign. SLAB could have snuck that (distant) 2nd place in Scotland if they were not rammed full of Blairite muppets like Dugdale. Chuck in the usual scum like the OO getting involved along with idiotic farmers and fishermen in the NE who mistakenly think that May wouldpass on the subsidies and concessions they currently get from Europe. My sides...

I give it a week, incidentally, before May is out on her arse. Boris the idiot is already smelling blood.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Wasn't Peter Robinson a member of Ulster Resistance?

Which itself was founded by some people who went on to be high ranking DUPers?

:laugh:

Ulster Resistance was a pile of shite where Paisley led a lot of people to a rally and they all held up bits of paper claiming they were gun licenses. There was then an aborted attempt by some UDA boys to get guns from South Africa and the DUP walked away.

Have they flirted with loyalist terrorists when they wanted to show some muscle? Yes. See the strikes that happened post Anglo-Irish agreement being signed.

What?

Scottish Labour encouraged voting Tory in marginal seats if it gave the best chance of beating the SNP. So blaming the SNP is a little far from the truth.

A little problem yes though reality is the public worked out what they wanted - nothing to do with Labour. I doubt there has been any big 'tactical vote'

But new Tory MPs in Scotland have got May over the line. Wos Scotland that dun it.

They've been backing terrorist groups for years mate.

Anyway, when is a win not a win, when it's the SNP. A solid return, Independence still on the cards for 2020.

No chance under Tory / DUP government

Maroon Sailor

Well, well ,well.

At least your Cherry scraped home.

Your leaflets could have been the difference !

Geoff Kilpatrick

They've been backing terrorist groups for years mate.

Anyway, when is a win not a win, when it's the SNP.  A solid return, Independence still on the cards for 2020.

Stop talking pish! :rofl:

If anything, the DUP and loyalists have been at loggerheads since the 1998 Good Friday Agreement. The DUP were the only group to oppose it.

...a bit disco

At least your Cherry scraped home.

Your leaflets could have been the difference !

Indeed matey.

Winning. It's the little things...

...a bit disco

:laugh:

Ulster Resistance was a pile of shite where Paisley led a lot of people to a rally and they all held up bits of paper claiming they were gun licenses. There was then an aborted attempt by some UDA boys to get guns from South Africa and the DUP walked away.

Have they flirted with loyalist terrorists when they wanted to show some muscle? Yes. See the strikes that happened post Anglo-Irish agreement being signed.

I bow to your knowledge on the subject GK.

Just glad I'm not a gay Tory right about now.

There we go.

Brexit kicked into high gear.

Removal of human rights.

A call for unity.

Mayhem's totally deluded.

:rofl:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Certainty! :laugh:

Certainty you're out on your arse at the first possible opportunity.

All roads lead to Gorgie

If it all goes pear shape for the May at Westminster, which is highly likely and another election is called then it could be even worse news for the SNP as I can see most seats in the central belt going back to Labour if there is a chance they could win. The Tories could be in trouble in Stirling and the South Perthshire seat as well.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The DUPpers are her friends! :rofl:

Gregory Campbell being invited around for tea! :rofl:

It will be interesting

I think possibly the main positive is the high turnout of young voters. Too much in this country in skewed towards those who have voted more maybe the over 40s.

But it's still a Tory government perhaps not so much changed from before.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If it all goes pear shape for the May at Westminster, which is highly likely and another election is called then it could be even worse news for the SNP as I can see most seats in the central belt going back to Labour if there is a chance they could win. The Tories could be in trouble in Stirling and the South Perthshire seat as well.

*adopts Lord of the Rings voice*

The days of the SNP are over mate

There we go.

Brexit kicked into high gear.

Removal of human rights.

A call for unity.

Mayhem's totally deluded.

Her speech on the steps of No10. Not a single mention of hard Brexit. 

...a bit disco

"Let's get to work."

ToadKiller Dog

She wants to Rule for everyone ,haha I take it she hasn't looked at some of the DUPs stances on gay rights ,abortions , equality etc .

Mad May doomed to fail .

Will be bitter sweet when the Tories really kick in with scrapping human rights, spy charter, reduce civil liberties, privatisation, bigger tax cuts for their chums, sell your grannies house to pay for her treatment, more foreign wars to create even more refugees and even more austerity.

Reap what you sow.

Indeed. Reap what you sow could be the SNP campaign. After all, they have majorities in held seats cut back by quite a bit.

skinnybob72

So Cameron took us out of Europe with a needless referendum in order to prove how hard he was. May has blown her majority in an attempt to prove how strong and stable she is. In 7 years the Conservative Party have done the whole country up on the backs of self interest from two individuals, and they want another go. **** off and let the peoples party negotiate Brexit on the basis of job protection, a Europe wide trade agreement and a deal on labour movement.

Cameron didn't want the UK to leave Europe, however there were significant numbers who did so he gave the people a vote - and they voted to leave. As he had effectively 'lost' Cameron resigned and his successor is leading us out of Europe. It's called democracy - you get a vote but you don't always get what you want.

Meanwhile we had a vote on Independence which the SNP lost, however they are now using the Brexit result to have another bash at independence. Last night's results suggested - to me anyway - that a significant number of Scottish voters do not want Independence and have voted in numbers against the SNP.

...a bit disco

"The govt I lead will put fairness at it's heart."

Novel idea for a Tory government, that.

She wants to Rule for everyone ,haha I take it she hasn't looked at some of the DUPs stances on gay rights ,abortions , equality etc .

Mad May doomed to fail .

We will be back at the polls very soon.

Although, has to be said that they now have multiple seats all over the Union

Can feel the bitterness and seethe from the Nats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winding up my mate he is still convinced SNP did really well even though many of the electorate voted Tory.

SNP = Scottish Tory Party ::troll:::'>

Geoff Kilpatrick

I thought their links with the Ulster Resistance were fairly well known.

Remind me what terrorist acts Ulster Resistance committed please?

Jam Tarts 1874

The guy from the DUP this morning sounds like a few on here i.e. disappointed that there is a peace process, sounds like he would like nothing better than to still have paramilitaries running around blowing people up.

Hasselhoff

If only SNP had not let the Tories win 12 extra seats... they could have been king makers for Labour... 

Instead, they are going to be carping more quietly from the sidelines with their big hitters gone

That's not what I call winning

Former DUP leader Peter Robinson, in his combat gear when he was an Ulster Resistance terrorist:

Peter%20Robinson%20in%20paramilitary%20u

DUP-tories-coalition.jpg

manaliveits105

Night and day between Krankies soor ploom speech and Theresa Mays - anyway result stands lets get on with our lives and let the gnats iron their kilts for Saturday 

John Findlay

So the SNP won 5-1 instead of 10-1 last night. Let's see how it goes in the late Oct/early November re-run.

Bowmans_Boot

The days of the SNP are over mate

Biggest party in Scotland, 3rd biggest in UK.

Well and truly over.

The guy from the DUP this morning sounds like a few on here i.e. disappointed that there is a peace process, sounds like he would like nothing better than to still have paramilitaries running around blowing people up.

Which is their problem

Life has changed

Former DUP leader Peter Robinson, in his combat gear when he was an Ulster Resistance terrorist:

Peter%20Robinson%20in%20paramilitary%20u

We're they not just at a Captain Sensible gig?!

Archived