Breaking up with your Partner.

Greedy_Jambo

A big contention and possible deal breaker one day for my wife and I is more children. She wants another one and I don't.

When we got together I told her I wasn't massively keen on children and when she did fall pregnant I was shocked. I wouldn't change him for the world now.

I will be honest that I ****ing hated the whole infant and early stages. I was a nervous wreck, tired and grumpy. We would eventually have to move because we only have a two bedroom flat and for me that I the big deal breaker. I ****ing love my flat in the middle of the town centre.

We are both 27. Still plenty time however I cannot see me changing guy mind on this. She is so broody atm because her sister is currently pregbantdoesn't help.

I love my kid and life is perfectly fine the way it is. He is at a great age now, starts school after the summer. Plenty dosh, living in the best part of Edinburgh. Why she wants to throw all that up in the air by having more kids is baffling but that's women I suppose.

What would you guys do? Can't exactly compromise on this can I?

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy_Jambo

• AlimOzturk

• PTBCAL

• Der Kaiser

I should maybe have started a new thread on this grumpy sorry. I wasn't thinking when I posted this on your thread pal. Hope you don't mind mate

Edited by AlimOzturk

Greedy_Jambo

I should maybe have started a new thread on this grumpy sorry. I wasn't thinking when I posted this on your thread pal. Hope you don't mind mate

No probs mate. It's good to get off the topic of my shitty situation.

I was similar to you. I wasn't really ready for kids and our 1St one wasn't planned. I'm an only child so after having 1 I had to give her a brother or sister cos I know how shit it was not to have one.

I now have 3 kids. Lol.

If you love her, I think you've got to say goodbye to the flat.

A big contention and possible deal breaker one day for my wife and I is more children. She wants another one and I don't.

When we got together I told her I wasn't massively keen on children and when she did fall pregnant I was shocked. I wouldn't change him for the world now.

I will be honest that I ******* hated the whole infant and early stages. I was a nervous wreck, tired and grumpy. We would eventually have to move because we only have a two bedroom flat and for me that I the big deal breaker. I ******* love my flat in the middle of the town centre.

We are both 27. Still plenty time however I cannot see me changing guy mind on this. She is so broody atm because her sister is currently pregbantdoesn't help.

I love my kid and life is perfectly fine the way it is. He is at a great age now, starts school after the summer. Plenty dosh, living in the best part of Edinburgh. Why she wants to throw all that up in the air by having more kids is baffling but that's women I suppose.

Yet another humble bragging post from Alim.  Bore off mate.

Yet another humble bragging post from Alim. Bore off mate.

Where about was i bragging?

Maybe you seen that because your life is shite. :gok:

I am a very humble person.

Edited by AlimOzturk

Humble? You are in your bollocks!

:gok:

If my posting bothers you use the ignore function.

Imagine being seething at someones posting style.

Not seething buddy, au contraire!   Your Walter Mitty type bragging brightens my day!  Good luck to ya if it makes you happy!

Please keep it coming.

Not seething buddy, au contraire! Your Walter Mitty type bragging brightens my day! Good luck to ya if it makes you happy!

Please keep it coming.

You have clearly paid alot attention to my posting.

What part of my life do you think I am lying about?

Yet another humble bragging post from Alim. Bore off mate.

:wow: Alim piss on your chips?

There was a guy who used to post on here; 'Scot' or something. He was always getting dumped. He just used to get utterly shite-arsed and bore everyone on Kickback with his tales of woe. Good times. :rofl:

Edited by The Earl of Mothsbery

You have clearly paid alot attention to my posting.

What part of my life do you think I am lying about?

Not really but I've noticed that any post seems to end up being about you.  As I said though, I do enjoy reading them.

:wow: Alim piss on your chips?

Certainly not!  I would never accuse him of that!

I will be honest that I ******* hated the whole infant and early stages. I was a nervous wreck, tired and grumpy. We would eventually have to move because we only have a two bedroom flat and for me that I the big deal breaker. I ******* love my flat in the middle of the town centre.

Tough one. Had a similar scenario, I only wanted 2 she wanted 3.

Number 4 is due in July....

You really need to have a proper conversation on it as if she does want a second child it's unfair to deny her that by being selfish about what you want only.

On the other hand, why should you have to compromise?

Bottom line is nobody really gives a fe rk about other posters piddle

And you will always get braggers on forums

Tough one. Had a similar scenario, I only wanted 2 she wanted 3.

Number 4 is due in July....

You really need to have a proper conversation on it as if she does want a second child it's unfair to deny her that by being selfish about what you want only.

On the other hand, why should you have to compromise?

Cheers.

I wouldn't ever want her to grow to resent me. So we do need to sit and talk about it your right.

Edited by AlimOzturk

Bragging again! Unbelievable...

I can't help it

:gok:

Edited by AlimOzturk

zoltan socrates

'Plenty of dosh, living in the best part of edinburgh'

How many two bedroom flats are there in barnton?

On topic, another weekend, trust greedy is feeling a bit more positive this weekend than last

Edited by zoltan socrates

Greedy_Jambo

'Plenty of dosh, living in the best part of edinburgh'

How many two bedroom flats are there in barnton?

On topic, another weekend, trust greedy is feeling a bit more positive this weekend than last

I was ok until today. I've got to stay at my house tonight with the kids as the ex is working early in the morning.  The thought of seeing her has got me feeling ill. I've had to lye down.

Governor Tarkin

There was a guy who used to post on here; 'Scot' or something. He was always getting dumped. He just used to get utterly shite-arsed and bore everyone on Kickback with his tales of woe. Good times. :rofl:

Aye, where is he these days?

Can't beat a tale of woe to brighten up your day.

Governor Tarkin

I was ok until today. I've got to stay at my house tonight with the kids as the ex is working early in the morning. The thought of seeing her has got me feeling ill. I've had to lye down.

Mate, it's going to be tough with kids involved, but you need to put as much distance between you and her as possible.

I was ok until today. I've got to stay at my house tonight with the kids as the ex is working early in the morning. The thought of seeing her has got me feeling ill. I've had to lye down.

Hope your OK mate

Aye, where is he these days?

Can't beat a tale of woe to brighten up your day.

My best guess would be the Sally Anne or a park bench somewhere. Either that or some kind of cardboard box in the doorway of a West Lothian pub.

I wish there was a like thing on here because I'm only messing Bud

:thumbsup:

Nae bother man.

Kids are the best thing that's ever happened to me. Only got 3 but would have had more if I hadn't been a late starter - nearly 35 when I had my first.

The second is miles easier than the first and financially I don't think you are massively worse off. However the thing you have to consider is that you will have so much less YOU time - in fact pretty much zero initially. Again though the joy kids bring you far outweigh any loss in freedom, cash etc....

My wife has 2 kids with her ex and is only 41 but she is denying me more kids sadly. Harsh but fair!!!!

Alimplentydoshozturk who was driving a shitreon c3 until it went up in flames?

Guffaw!!!

This is going well.

:lol:

Alimplentydoshozturk who was driving a shitreon c3 until it went up in flames?

Points towards an insurance scam to help fund his lavish lifestyle.

It definitely all points to her seeing someone but if she is it's basically a whatsapp text relationship.

She has stayed away at her "friends" 2 weekends in a row since the split, but other than that, she's been with the kids or stuck to her phone in the house.

From personal experience, if a bird turns round one day and says she's not happy and wants to split up it usually means things are 100% over....it's not something she'd come out with unless she's thought long and hard about it in the first place. Especially after being together for 11 years.

If that is indeed the case then it's irrelevant if she's seeing someone new because it won't change the fact that things are over between the two of you.

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh mate but I think acceptance makes things a lot easier to move on with your life.

You mentioned you find it hard to care at work, IMO work is a godsend in situations like this - it's the ideal thing to take your mind off everything. My not sure what line of work you are in but if I were you I'd be doing as much as possible, OT, working bank holidays/weekends etc, you'll get extra cash and maybe a promo if the right people notice.

As others mentioned, I'd also get yourself down the gym - the weight will fall off after a few months and you'll feel a lot better about yourself.

If, after a few months, your missus realises she just needed to blow off some steam with her mates and decides she made a mistake then happy days. If it doesn't work out that way then at least you've already started the process of turning your life around.

Greedy_Jambo

From personal experience, if a bird turns round one day and says she's not happy and wants to split up it usually means things are 100% over....it's not something she'd come out with unless she's thought long and hard about it in the first place. Especially after being together for 11 years.

If that is indeed the case then it's irrelevant if she's seeing someone new because it won't change the fact that things are over between the two of you.

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh mate but I think acceptance makes things a lot easier to move on with your life.

You mentioned you find it hard to care at work, IMO work is a godsend in situations like this - it's the ideal thing to take your mind off everything. My not sure what line of work you are in but if I were you I'd be doing as much as possible, OT, working bank holidays/weekends etc, you'll get extra cash and maybe a promo if the right people notice.

As others mentioned, I'd also get yourself down the gym - the weight will fall off after a few months and you'll feel a lot better about yourself.

If, after a few months, your missus realises she just needed to blow off some steam with her mates and decides she made a mistake then happy days. If it doesn't work out that way then at least you've already started the process of turning your life around.

Sensible post Andrew. I've started working out and eating healthier. Half way through making a cv to get myself a better job.

Also managed to get a loan of some dough to buy a flat.

If it's over then I'll be in a good place to move forward.

It's just all still a bit raw just now and having to see her every weekend isn't helping.

Sensible post Andrew. I've started working out and eating healthier. Half way through making a cv to get myself a better job.

It's just all still a bit raw just now and having to see her every weekend isn't helping.

Good effort mate . It won't be your family home but it will be your space for you and your kids !

I'm moving into a house tomorrow . Can't wait to get the place set up for the kids coming this weekend.

Also just spent a great weekend with a great girl .

Stuff gets better .

Keep doing the good stuff .

Good stuff Greedy. You'll be amazed at how much better you feel when you're in your own place :thumb:

Absolutely delighted to read this!!!

Good on you bud

I've just split up with my Girlfriend of 11 years. We have 3 kids together and a mortgage.

Pretty painful stuff.

33 and staying with the parents again. They don't particularly want me there and i don't want to be there.

Anyone gone through this before? Any advice would be great.

I'm in a total rut.

Been through marriage break up.. Rebound sex doesn't work.. And could make matters a lot worse. . Only time heals im afraid.. Yip girly reply but true..Try stay amicable for the kids sake makes life so much easier, if she sees you trying your best that way.. Things might warm between you both too..

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Greedy_Jambo

Been through marriage break up.. Rebound sex doesn't work.. And could make matters a lot worse. . Only time heals im afraid.. Yip girly reply but true..Try stay amicable for the kids sake makes life so much easier, if she sees you trying your best that way.. Things might warm between you both too..

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about your break up.

It's good to hear a woman's point of view on this sort of thing.

I won't be falling out with her over the kids any time soon. That's one of the weird things about this. She's been fine with me over them.

I think her single mum mates have poisoned her against me to be honest. She's never off group chat with them. They're probably making out that the single life is awesome.

Generally would recommend what people have been saying, keep yourself busy and don't keep messaging her.

Try and show her that you are getting on with your life.

Thanks for posting anyway, dealing with stuff myself and this thread has helped.

chester copperpot

Generally would recommend what people have been saying, keep yourself busy and don't keep messaging her.

Try and show her that you are getting on with your life.

Thanks for posting anyway, dealing with stuff myself and this thread has helped.

Mate.

This thread is a bit like the depression one. No matter how much we all disagree over on the Terrace, support is available on the few threads over here.

Good luck pal :thumb:

I never thought I would clear the tunnel but I did eventually

Got a feeling I will be rocking up here with a story soon. I touched upon it in the depression thread.

Things are awful at home and we are both to blame (me more so recently - no excuses though)

And following on from a longstanding argument I've to choose between staying in the house or speaking to my family again.

Really don't know if there is a way forward. Cannot imagine not seeing my son every day and that is probably the only reason I'm fighting for us at the moment.

Edited by Homme

Got a feeling I will be rocking up here with a story soon. I touched upon it in the depression thread.

Things are awful at home and we are both to blame (me more so recently - no excuses though)

And following on from a longstanding argument I've to choose between staying in the house or speaking to my family again.

Really don't know if there is a way forward. Cannot imagine not seeing him every day and that is probably the only reason I'm fighting for us at the moment.

I read your post on the other thread - my relationship difficulties were in part due to the extended family so I know what a state you can get yourself in being the 'middle man' so to speak. Feel free to drop me a PM if you want to chat.

Also, this is not to be confused mith my intentions on the 'Online dating' thread :lol:

I read your post on the other thread - my relationship difficulties were in part due to the extended family so I know what a state you can get yourself in being the 'middle man' so to speak. Feel free to drop me a PM if you want to chat.

Also, this is not to be confused mith my intentions on the 'Online dating' thread :lol:

Thanks bud. I may be in touch soon.

Harry Potter

Mate.

This thread is a bit like the depression one. No matter how much we all disagree over on the Terrace, support is available on the few threads over here.

You are a changed man, catching that ball in the wheatfield was your turning point mate.

Confidence at 100 % , and obviously have a great women now.

Harry Potter

Mate.

double post

Edited by Harry Potter

Greedy_Jambo

How's things going Greedy?? Hope they're starting to look up for you pal.

I feel better every week mate. There is obviously some times when it hits me again and i end up deep in thought and not feeling too great but generally the week has been ok. As I've mentioned previously, i have to see her when i go to look after the kids every weekend. That usually knocks me back a bit when she leaves 30 mins later to stay at her mates. This weekend should be interesting. Can't be helped though.  

Edited by Greedy_Jambo