• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy_Jambo

• AlimOzturk

• PTBCAL

• Der Kaiser

Greedy_Jambo

RSC......were once registered on a website Solicitors from Hell.

Really? 

Should i cancel lol

I've managed to get an appointment with a woman at RSC. 

It's in 2 weeks time though. Is that a normal amount of time to wait?

I used to wait about a week or two so yeah pretty normal

RSC......were once registered on a website Solicitors from Hell.

Really? Surprised to hear that as I thought they were excellent. Maybe I just got lucky.

This your making the right decision Greedy. Seems like the situation if irreversible therefore you need to protect yourself.

Possibly get advice on how the childcare situation will pan out. Whilst you have said she wouldn't use the kids as weapons it wouldnt be the first or last time a women does thia despite what she has said.

I know because they act on behalf of my partner with my current separation and I did a little digging on them. They've argued over every small detail with my solicitors. They've not been successful with any of them.

Greedy_Jambo

I know because they act on behalf of my partner with my current separation and I did a little digging on them. They've argued over every small detail with my solicitors. They've not been successful with any of them.

So who are your solicitors?

Greedy_Jambo

Right, I've canceled my appointment and got one a week earlier at BCKM.

They seem to get a better rating online as well.

Right, I've canceled my appointment and got one a week earlier at BCKM.

They seem to get a better rating online as well.

Sent you a PM. Think you've made a good decision.

• 1 year later...
On 12/03/2017 at 10:52, Greedy_Jambo said:

WelI, I had a long talk with my ex this morning.

I told her all the things I'd done to improve my life and that i was indeed getting on with things. Although i was not ready to give up on her.

She told me it's not gonna happen and that all the years of me drinking and being a ^^^^ to her had ground her down and left her with no confidence.

She said that she is happier within herself now that we're no longer together.

I tried to explain to her that it was the drink that made me the way i was and that i wasn't myself. I've not touched a drop in 3 weeks and i won't be going back there.

In short, I told her i just want to take care of her and make her happy, do all the things i should of done with her ect.

She used phrases like "It's too little, too late", "the ship has sailed with us"

I suppose that's it now. We've both said all there is to be said.

She's got every right to feel the way she does and there's no quick fix for it.

I'm far from being the state I was when i first made this thread but i can't help feeling down and frustrated because i know that given the chance i would make things right with her.

Happy Sundays.

Was just reading through this and wondered how you are doing now, if you don’t mind me asking?

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Was just reading through this and wondered how you are doing now, if you don’t mind me asking?

Yeah me too, made for sad reading.  Would be good to hear greedy is okay and moving on.  

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Yeah me too, made for sad reading.  Would be good to hear greedy is okay and moving on.  

Was he not on the Online Dating thread not long after this telling us how he was tapping up her best pal? 

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Was he not on the Online Dating thread not long after this telling us how he was tapping up her best pal? 

Reading that thread back and my sympathy for OP is somewhat evaporating.

"Ran into a wee problem. I've got more than 1 girl on the go now. So i can't add them to facebook cos the other ones will see hahaha."

7 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Doubt thats going to help him reading this Sam, hope hes ok, relationships are a minefield, 

Some blokes sail through a split , some dont, theres a fine line.

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, peter_hmfc said:

Reading that thread back and my sympathy for OP is somewhat evaporating.

"Ran into a wee problem. I've got more than 1 girl on the go now. So i can't add them to facebook cos the other ones will see hahaha."

Exactly what I was thinking kind of lose a bit of sympathy for someone when they start acting like that, especially if he was trying to fire into his exes best pal.

Heart wrenching thread to read.  My ex took my daughter down south to live 5 years ago and as a result I’m restricted to contact during the holidays and the odd weekend.  Only advice I can give is to make sure you are as good a dad as you can be and put your kids first.  If you do that your children will always remember you for the man you are.  Balance this with getting out spending time with your friends and meeting new girls.  Make the most of your life, but put access to your kids first.

The Family court were nothing but fair in my situation and I would recommend going through them to get access arranged formally.  

Good luck to those involved 

I know Greedy_jambo

He's doing ok other than his ex telling him he has to go to court to see his kids again. 

He's never had more than one burd on the go, never mind his ex's best friend. 

Hey may of been talking to more than 1 burd on pof. 

Edited by Top Corner

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Exactly what I was thinking kind of lose a bit of sympathy for someone when they start acting like that, especially if he was trying to fire into his exes best pal.

"Right guys. i'm going to ask the big blooter out the night.

Imagine if i get a knock back! haha!"

:what:

Edited by peter_hmfc

On 09/09/2018 at 19:38, Top Corner said:

I know Greedy_jambo

He's doing ok other than his ex telling him he has to go to court to see his kids again. 

He's never had more than one burd on the go, never mind his ex's best friend. 

Hey may of been talking to more than 1 burd on pof. 

Glad he is ok 

On 09/09/2018 at 19:10, Shovelly Joe said:

Heart wrenching thread to read.  My ex took my daughter down south to live 5 years ago and as a result I’m restricted to contact during the holidays and the odd weekend.  Only advice I can give is to make sure you are as good a dad as you can be and put your kids first.  If you do that your children will always remember you for the man you are.  Balance this with getting out spending time with your friends and meeting new girls.  Make the most of your life, but put access to your kids first.

The Family court were nothing but fair in my situation and I would recommend going through them to get access arranged formally.  

Good luck to those involved 

How old are your kids?

On 13/03/2017 at 11:19, Salad Fingers said:

I honestly think getting a few notches on your newly single bedpost with different women will help as crass as that sounds. Tinder and POF gives you access to guaranteed meets with loads of different women.  The elephant man could get a date on there.  If you are a decent looking bloke, dress well and are well groomed you will do a hell of a lot of damage.  Okay, a huge percentage of them are not girlfriend material but most of them are a guaranteed lay and you will honestly have some fun dates.  And keep the Online Dating thread burning.  

It's now over and as hard as it sounds you need to take it on the chin.  I pined over my ex for almost a year before I got back out dating and when I did, I honestly felt like a new man, my confidence was back and I actually found I could talk to girls again.  I threw out any stuff I had of hers and any pictures and deleted all her pics off my phone, computer and any photographs I had.  

We now have a decent relationship.  Both of us are seeing other people and I continue to see my daughter regularly for overnights along with her brother. We are civil towards each other (it's hard not to be when you have spent so much time together) and I don't hate her as much as I thought I would.  Now when I think about her I feel no emotion, she is just another person to me.  

Keep active, keep up your contact with the kids, keep in touch with friends and try and get out as much as possible.  The old saying is true..."there's plenty more fish in the sea".  

How do you move on from an ex if you have a young kid with them though? As you won’t be able to get a clean break

49 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

How do you move on from an ex if you have a young kid with them though? As you won’t be able to get a clean break

By putting the child first.

Салатные палочки
7 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

7 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

By putting the child first.

100% this. It's been almost three years since I finished with my ex. Been with my current partner for two years and continue to see my kids on a regular basis. She is happy and I am happy. 

12 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

100% this. It's been almost three years since I finished with my ex. Been with my current partner for two years and continue to see my kids on a regular basis. She is happy and I am happy. 

Do the kids stay with you sometimes too?

Салатные палочки
8 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Do the kids stay with you sometimes too?

Every Friday and second Friday/Saturday and for a week at holiday times (Christmas, Summer etc). 

Samuel Camazzola
13 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Has that been two years since the Online Dating thread was kicked off? Seems like yesterday! ?

Салатные палочки
8 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Has that been two years since the Online Dating thread was kicked off? Seems like yesterday! ?

I think it was around the time of Euro 2016 I got back on the saddle. 

I was on the online dating thread as well, managed to get a few rides which did help me get through my shit times after breakup and eventually separation. 

18 months later the ex and I are on decent terms, with the odd fallout but nothing major. Our 2 boys are happy and definitely have to put them first but I've got a new house to move into in a couple of weeks and a new girlfriend who I get on amazingly with.

Sometimes you really do have to crawl through a river of shit to come out clean on the other side.

Салатные палочки
2 hours ago, Poseidon said:

I was on the online dating thread as well, managed to get a few rides which did help me get through my shit times after breakup and eventually separation. 

18 months later the ex and I are on decent terms, with the odd fallout but nothing major. Our 2 boys are happy and definitely have to put them first but I've got a new house to move into in a couple of weeks and a new girlfriend who I get on amazingly with.

Sometimes you really do have to crawl through a river of shit to come out clean on the other side.

Superb. 

jack D and coke

It’s crazy to think that the online dating thread led me to register on a few sites, met a few bursds, starting winching one, spent 20 odd months together and after her moving in with me in June it’s all over again. 

Back to the online dating thread then :lol: 

• 3 weeks later...
Carl Fredrickson

After a bit of advice. Wife walked out 18 months ago. We have two kids, 8 and 3. 

We have agreed access rights and support payments. She is now with someone else and had another bairn. 

I am wanting a divorce - can anyone recommend the quickest (and cheapest) way to go about this?

John Findlay
4 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

After a bit of advice. Wife walked out 18 months ago. We have two kids, 8 and 3. 

We have agreed access rights and support payments. She is now with someone else and had another bairn. 

I am wanting a divorce - can anyone recommend the quickest (and cheapest) way to go about this?

As MrMarkus says.