Arsehole Neighbours

Solid Snake

There was another thread a few years back with arsehole neighbour problems. I remember posting on it but can't find it. Was loads of mental stories or neighbours in Edinburgh. Was it maybe the Facebook page?

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Салатные палочки

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• ri Alban

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

I've actually been in Irvine for a few years now. I just haven't changed my location in case people think I'm the IrvineJambo :laugh2:

Irvine sounds nice :lol: 

Auld Reekin'
16 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Sunday night: the lassie out in the street in her pants. Just her pants.

...worthless without pics, etc., etc...   :muggy:

:whistling:

9 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

...worthless without pics, etc., etc...   :muggy:

:whistling:

Trust me, you dinny want to see the pics! :sick:

Auld Reekin'
3 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Ah, OK then...   :justsayno:  :ermm:

Jambo-Jimbo

Reading some of these posts makes me eternally thankful that 1) I don't live in a stair or in a flat and 2) That I don't live in a large town/city.

We have only the one neighbour through the wall, nobody above us or below us and in the 30 odd years we have lived here there has only been 3 different owners next door, the only other neighbours we have are either across the road, across the path or their gardens back on to our garden.

Over the years there has been a few arseholes living across the street, junkies, armed robbers (2 different ones), but none of them ever bothered us, we just kept ourselves to ourselves, apart from the folks we got on with.

Nowadays all the neighbours around us are a decent lot, there's not much noise, just the normal dogs barking & kids playing in their gardens, the odd BBQ/party etc etc. 

As for crime, yeh we get some but most of it is gangs from the central belt & the North of England and it's usually farm equipment or high end mountain bikes which can be worth £4000 or more, of course you get the odd opportunist theft but it's generally a safe and quiet place to live, no wonder so many people from Edinburgh move here, it'll be like a completely different world to what most have been used to.

1 hour ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Irvine sounds nice :lol: 

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

I've actually been in Irvine for a few years now. I just haven't changed my location in case people think I'm the IrvineJambo :laugh2:

Thought of moving back?

Just for perspective, we went out the other day leaving the washing on the line, when we were out it started pishing down, got back to find the neighbours had taken the washing in and dried it in their dryer. I mean FFS in a drier, think of the damage to the environment, selfish *******s :lol: 

A robust centre forward

One of my father's old drinking partners, from the local Legion who had never been in any trouble before had young arsehole neighbours.

Neither of them worked but were able to go out drinking and come home passed most nights and started playing loud music into the early hours every week day. They ignored repeated requests from the neighbours to curtail the noise and when the police were finally called and asked them to turn down the music, they used to turn it back up again shortly after the police had left.

This went on for a couple of weeks, then  one night my father's drinking partner snapped and went across the landing armed with a hammer. He opened their front door and pushed them to one side and took a hammer to their music system.

Although the JP was sympathetic he  was found guilty and fined but said it was the best £150 he had spent as the other stair residents never had any bother from the young couple again and they were moved out by the council

1 minute ago, A robust centre forward said:

One of my father's old drinking partners, from the local Legion who had never been in any trouble before had young arsehole neighbours.

Neither of them worked but were able to go out drinking and come home passed most nights and started playing loud music into the early hours every week day. They ignored repeated requests from the neighbours to curtail the noise and when the police were finally called and asked them to turn down the music, they used to turn it back up again shortly after the police had left.

This went on for a couple of weeks, then  one night my father's drinking partner snapped and went across the landing armed with a hammer. He opened their front door and pushed them to one side and took a hammer to their music system.

Although the JP was sympathetic he  was found guilty and fined but said it was the best £150 he had spent as the other stair residents never had any bother from the young couple again and they were moved out by the council

As long as you take it they will give it. Yes I am old fashioned, but there are things the younger generation will accept and condone we just wouldn't. Life is what you make it, and what you will allow.  And there are those who will use that to take advantage. Its human nature.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, A robust centre forward said:

:glorious:

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, cheetah said:

Thought of moving back?

Just for perspective, we went out the other day leaving the washing on the line, when we were out it started pishing down, got back to find the neighbours had taken the washing in and dried it in their dryer. I mean FFS in a drier, think of the damage to the environment, selfish *******s :lol: 

I hope you never had any of your nice fine cashmere knits out on the line. A bit selfish of them not to consider that when tossing them into the drier!! That is the kind of stuff my parents and their neighbours would do for each other. Actually they were out the other night for a coffee with their neighbour. She's a single mum and doesn't get out much and her kids are teenagers and don't want to spend much time with her. 

Funnily enough, there has been an outbreak of 'snow-dropping' down our way as well. 

Салатные палочки
47 minutes ago, A robust centre forward said:

:pleasing:

4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I had to google cottaging.😂

I have a bunch of gay friends. We all went to a cottage together for the weekend and I kept saying I was going cottaging with my gays until they told me what it meant. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Edited by Helzibob

31 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

I have a bunch of gay friends. We all went to a cottage together for the weekend and I kept saying I was going cottaging with my gays until they told me what it meant. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Why did they tell you? Should have let that run for a few years😂

Sooperstar
4 hours ago, AndyNic said:

So you admit that there are pics.

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Consider myself very lucky that the other folk in our stair are absolutely sound. Look out for each other at all times, and even more so during lockdown. Next door has one weirdo, but otherwise sound as well. Wonder if it's anything to do with the international mix - Central Europe, Asia, Scotland, Caribbean. 

In fact, if everyone is sound, my family are probably the arseholes!

I currently live on a Caribbean island with 130 different nationalities and only a population of 60k. And all these people get on great. One of the best things about Cayman is the diversity of the people. I can confirm that Brits are the biggest bellends on the planet and without doubt the most anti-social. Horrible folk. 

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

So you admit that there are pics.

:)

2 hours ago, mutley said:

Why did they tell you? Should have let that run for a few years😂

😂 they did let it run a few months.

Konrad von Carstein
3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Consider myself very lucky that the other folk in our stair are absolutely sound. Look out for each other at all times, and even more so during lockdown. Next door has one weirdo, but otherwise sound as well. Wonder if it's anything to do with the international mix - Central Europe, Asia, Scotland, Caribbean. 

In fact, if everyone is sound, it's just me thats an arsehole!

FTFY :)

9 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

I think I'd be more worried if I moved to Airdrie

Konrad von Carstein
22 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your post in the brave new dawn of Humza's Hate Bill will land you in prison, Konnie. 

:hartley:

:lol:

Auld Reekin'
16 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Moving to Airdrie should be always such a cause of huge concern. The complete and utter shithole other complete and utter shitholes measure themselves against.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

Jambo-Jimbo
12 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Moving to Airdrie should be always such a cause of huge concern. The complete and utter shithole other complete and utter shitholes measure themselves against.

Coatbridge tries hard to get to the level of their neighbour, but Airdrie is in the Premier League of shitholes.

Auld Reekin'
Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Coatbridge tries hard to get to the level of their neighbour, but Airdrie is in the Premier League of shitholes.

:icon14:  Not sure how Airdrie would do in European competitions, as there're some very strong opponents in central and eastern Europe, but I'm confident they'd put up a good fight.

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

:icon14:  Not sure how Airdrie would do in European competitions, as there're some very strong opponents in central and eastern Europe, but I'm confident they'd put up a good fight.

You know it must be bad when folk from Coatbridge won't walk the streets in Airdrie, especially after dark. :laugh:

Auld Reekin'
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

You know it must be bad when folk from Coatbridge won't walk the streets in Airdrie, especially after dark. :laugh:

:runaway:

I P Knightley
22 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

I hope you never had any of your nice fine cashmere knits out on the line. A bit selfish of them not to consider that when tossing them into the drier!! That is the kind of stuff my parents and their neighbours would do for each other. Actually they were out the other night for a coffee with their neighbour. She's a single mum and doesn't get out much and her kids are teenagers and don't want to spend much time with her. 

Funnily enough, there has been an outbreak of 'snow-dropping' down our way as well. 

"Coffee" my arse! Things you don't want to imagine your Dad and Mum getting up to #4.

4 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

We pricks put the windows in our supporters bus late eighties 😡

Auld Reekin'
3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

We pricks put the windows in our supporters bus late eighties 😡

Just their way of saying hello...  :ermm:

In Airdrie's defence though, they do have Coatbridge for arsehole neighbours - enough to drive anyone a bit bammy!  :whistling:

CostaJambo
22 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Actually, talking of Airdrie, does anyone remember the poster.......

Oh, well never mind.

Sooperstar
32 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

Oh, well never mind.

WAJ. Had forgotten about that one.

10 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Oh, well never mind.

9 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Both took your time 😂

Bindy Badgy
10 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I remembered the name but, couldn't remember the drama. A quick Google turned this up.

Dearie me.

Салатные палочки

Further developments this morning. Going out to tesco for some stuff I notice that the mat outside the door is gone. It was there last night. 

There's two things that could have happened. 1 - the idiot next door that I had the run in with last week has taken it. 2 - one of the wee ******s that were in the house on the other side last night took it. 

If it's the first one, he will blame the wee lassie on the other side anyway. He says he sees everything that goes on in the close but I think he'll have conveniently not seen this. If it is the second one, then why only our mat and not anyone else's? 

I said to the Mrs when I came back, it's only a mat and I am not going to get too angry about it as that will only play into their hands. But as soon as we start to feel threatened or if either her or my kids feel in danger at any time then I will start to get violent and they can catch it on as many cameras as they want, as the police and housing don't do anything. 

Harry Potter
17 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Further developments this morning. Going out to tesco for some stuff I notice that the mat outside the door is gone. It was there last night. 

There's two things that could have happened. 1 - the idiot next door that I had the run in with last week has taken it. 2 - one of the wee ******s that were in the house on the other side last night took it. 

If it's the first one, he will blame the wee lassie on the other side anyway. He says he sees everything that goes on in the close but I think he'll have conveniently not seen this. If it is the second one, then why only our mat and not anyone else's? 

I said to the Mrs when I came back, it's only a mat and I am not going to get too angry about it as that will only play into their hands. But as soon as we start to feel threatened or if either her or my kids feel in danger at any time then I will start to get violent and they can catch it on as many cameras as they want, as the police and housing don't do anything. 

Taking someones doormat, deary me, beyond me.

William H. Bonney

Put a shit load of rat poison in a bottle of wine and leave that on your door step for them to steal. 

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Put a shit load of rat poison in a bottle of wine and leave that on your door step for them to steal. 

:lol:

13 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Bit extreme.

Laccitives?

But they would probably just skitter on his new doormat.

Edited by DETTY29

highlandjambo3
7 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

You probably know this…….write down every issue, date time etc…..and record every confrontation, don’t wait till it kicks off as they can say what they want but start recording before you knock on the door and, explain why you are knocking on the door.

• 3 months later...
Салатные палочки

My arsehole neighbours are moving out. They have been moving their shite out the past couple of days. Fingers crossed a van turns up today to take their furniture. I think I'll actually have a beer tonight. 

6 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

My arsehole neighbours are moving out. They have been moving their shite out the past couple of days. Fingers crossed a van turns up today to take their furniture. I think I'll actually have a beer tonight. 

Ask for your mat back

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Good luck to their new neighbours.

You need to hope the new neighbours are not worse than them

Got liberated from terrible neighbours 18 months ago and it is great.   Enjoy your weekend relaxing knowing they are off.  

Nae luck, it's me moving in😉

Салатные палочки
19 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

You need to hope the new neighbours are not worse than them

:laugh2: We actually discussed that last night. It happened the last time. The last neighbours were a young but quiet couple but the kids were wild, running about on the laminate flooring all hours of the day and night. We were happy when they moved out and look what we ended up with. Be careful what you wish for as they say. I am convinced no one could be as bad as them. Surely not? 

My neighbours are all really nice so this isn't exactly the right place for this question but it's probably most suitable without starting a new thread:

I took a parcel in for my neighbour on Tuesday and they've not come and got it. I've just taken another one which appears to be the exact same thing (BT badged and the same box so I'm guessing a router or TV box etc).

I worked on the assumption that the neighbour who missed the package will read their missed delivery card and come and get it from me rather than me knocking on their door multiple times trying to catch them while they're at home but now I'm thinking I've maybe got this all wrong. Am I the arsehole neighbour in this instance?

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

My neighbours are all really nice so this isn't exactly the right place for this question but it's probably most suitable without starting a new thread:

I took a parcel in for my neighbour on Tuesday and they've not come and got it. I've just taken another one which appears to be the exact same thing (BT badged and the same box so I'm guessing a router or TV box etc).

I worked on the assumption that the neighbour who missed the package will read their missed delivery card and come and get it from me rather than me knocking on their door multiple times trying to catch them while they're at home but now I'm thinking I've maybe got this all wrong. Am I the arsehole neighbour in this instance?

Maybe they didn’t get a missed delivery card. That happened to me, the next door neighbour brought round a parcel they took in for us, we had no idea as no card was left to say they had tried to deliver, or where it was.