Arsehole Neighbours

Solid Snake

been here before

Just wank.

Pretty much all you need here...

...constant clumping up and down the stairs from their female friends in their heels...

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Салатные палочки

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• ri Alban

Must be a worldwide problem as I've experienced issues too ? particularly with my recycling bin (and particularly with Chinese people doing the dirty). They feckin think it's a free-for-all. And they don't bag their stuff either, so the bin stinks after they've 'filled it up for you.' Got one of these (or something like it). Problem solved.

http://www.justwheeliebins.com.au/Wheelie-Bin-Locks

...for additional safety the lock incorporates an internally activated keyless release.

Aye, very handy for those times you find yourself stuck inside a locked bin.

TV blaring at 5.30am, shouting as they leave the apartment at 6.30am whilst slamming the door and double locking the door with a bunch of keys that a jailer would be proud of.

Then, four times out of five, realising they've forgotten something, going back in and then repeating the shouting/slamming process.

See these feckin French.........

Slamming process.......:oohmatron:

As soon as I typed 'slamming process' I just knew who would be all over it like a rash.

TV blaring at 5.30am, shouting as they leave the apartment at 6.30am whilst slamming the door and double locking the door with a bunch of keys that a jailer would be proud of.

Then, four times out of five, realising they've forgotten something, going back in and then repeating the shouting/slamming process.

Surprised they could get out the door Morgan...what with you blocking it with your eye at the peep hole! :P

Surprised they could get out the door Morgan...what with you blocking it with your eye at the peep hole! :P

At least I don't hang my rosary beads over the peep hole like your very good self Neil. :wink:

Japanese!

Sooperstar

I have an arsehole neighbour problem. They have become accustomed to having their music absolutely pumping when they have friends round. They all shout along to the same songs over and over again and S Club 7 - Reach for the Stars appears to be a favourite. They also stamp their feet like **** on their floor (they live above me) and this isn't just tapping along to the music, it shakes the whole ceiling. I wouldn't mind if it was just music at the weekends, but after going through it on Saturday, when they or their friends also decided to chuck my door mat outside the building (****ing weirdos) they then got home at 3.30 this morning and had their music blasting until 5.30. And were out in the street having arguments at 4am.

They let the flat through DJK Lettings. I would speak to the folk myself but it is clear that they are not normal people and I actually suspect they are being intentional arseholes. Any more of this shit and I'll be on to their landlords.

fabienleclerq

I have an arsehole neighbour problem. They have become accustomed to having their music absolutely pumping when they have friends round. They all shout along to the same songs over and over again and S Club 7 - Reach for the Stars appears to be a favourite. They also stamp their feet like **** on their floor (they live above me) and this isn't just tapping along to the music, it shakes the whole ceiling. I wouldn't mind if it was just music at the weekends, but after going through it on Saturday, when they or their friends also decided to chuck my door mat outside the building (******* weirdos) they then got home at 3.30 this morning and had their music blasting until 5.30. And were out in the street having arguments at 4am.

They let the flat through DJK Lettings. I would speak to the folk myself but it is clear that they are not normal people and I actually suspect they are being intentional arseholes. Any more of this shit and I'll be on to their landlords.

Phone the council, the landlord will only be able to have a word in their ear.

I have an arsehole neighbour problem. They have become accustomed to having their music absolutely pumping when they have friends round. They all shout along to the same songs over and over again and S Club 7 - Reach for the Stars appears to be a favourite. They also stamp their feet like **** on their floor (they live above me) and this isn't just tapping along to the music, it shakes the whole ceiling. I wouldn't mind if it was just music at the weekends, but after going through it on Saturday, when they or their friends also decided to chuck my door mat outside the building (******* weirdos) they then got home at 3.30 this morning and had their music blasting until 5.30. And were out in the street having arguments at 4am.

First step would be to have a word with them. Of course, you may not fancy doing that for whatever reason. Next step, when it's happening call the police via 101. Call twice - first time, they will put you in a queue for council to deal with, which they won't that night; calling them second time should get them out.

Also inform the landlord. They are unlikely to be able to do anything short term, but do need to be made aware.

Note through the door first if you don't want to confront them in person. If that doesn't work email the letting agents and send them a copy of the note you sent them.

Phone the council, the landlord will only be able to have a word in their ear.

The council will do **** all too.

At least the landlord can tell them to improve their behaviour or they'll get launched. If he mentions the constant late night parties and property getting launched into the street the landlord is likely to get a bit of a squeaky bum about what is going on inside their property.

fabienleclerq

At least the landlord can tell them to improve their behaviour or they'll get launched. If he mentions the constant late night parties and property getting launched into the street the landlord is likely to get a bit of a squeaky bum about what is going on inside their property.

The landlord cant just launch them though it'd take 3/4 months i reckon.

The landlord cant just launch them though it'd take 3/4 months i reckon.

Not if it's for repeated anti-social behaviour.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

Whats wrong with a bit S club?

Have a word if they don't listen get noisy during the day when they sleep, put a drill on in the bedroom or something.

Auld Reekin'

Well, they'll send officials round to the door as soon as possible after the noise is reported and tell them to turn the music down and make much less noise. I know this happens as a mate of mine (honest!  :uhoh2: ) had them at his door every year when he had a party for his birthday. (He never had the music all that loud either, and no-one there was making any unreasonable noise, so it seemed to me the council were pretty hard-line about noise complaints...)

I would drop the landlord an email and say if it doesn't stop you'll look to take the matter further.

Had to do this with the folk below me (I've basically had arsehole neighbours above, below and through the wall) as they were playing music all through the night, and I mean from 1am to 8am. Also there was a constant rumbling noise which I put down to video games.

Since I emailed their landlord it's been a lot better.

If that fails then involve the council. I had to do that with the folk through the wall. The good thing was so many complained about them they were dealt with quite quickly.

fabienleclerq

Not if it's for repeated anti-social behaviour.

And to prove its repeated anti social behaviour your better getting the council involved to start a log of incidents, the whole thing would take months to evict them.

Sooperstar

Cheers for the advice. Like i say if it's just the weekend then I don't mind but last night was just ridiculous and I honestly can't stress how hard they stamp their feet on the floor - it's just not normal! I'm not taking any action for now but anything else and I'll just go down both the council and landlord route. The last guy who lived there was fine but apparently stopped paying rent and left the place in a right mess which the letting agent spent weeks refurbishing. The way these folk are behaving I can only imagine they're messing it up again.

They've got a baby too but I don't think it's there when they have the parties as they seem to use it's bedroom.

Sooperstar

Are you in Edinburgh Sooperstar? If so I found the council surprisingly helpful when I had problems with noisy neighbours when I stayed in a flat.

They can send round noise-abatement officers who went in while the party was in full swing and had a word.

Landlords also have to register on the cooncil portal and they will contact them if there's any issues.

Your neighbours are unlikely to change their behaviour voluntarily so I'd advise you not to wait, keep a log of everything and contact the landlord or council.

I am in Edinburgh so that is good to hear.

Are you in Edinburgh Sooperstar? If so I found the council surprisingly helpful when I had problems with noisy neighbours when I stayed in a flat.

They can send round noise-abatement officers who went in while the party was in full swing and had a word.

Landlords also have to register on the cooncil portal and they will contact them if there's any issues.

Your neighbours are unlikely to change their behaviour voluntarily so I'd advise you not to wait, keep a log of everything and contact the landlord or council.

If you call the council (or 101 initially) they forward it on to the council team. However, once their mail box is full, they won't even get the message before the next day/Monday morning. As such, best to phone 101, then call back after a while if nothing has happened - at that point the police should come round themselves.

At least, that's my experience of it.

Good luck Superstar...and good luck to that baby...sounds like it will need it.

Say What Again

They can send round noise-abatement officers who went in while the party was in full swing and had a word

Knew a lassie who stayed directly above a pub that had football fans singing after games and karaoke til 1am. I always silently thought she was a bit wrong as the pub was there when she bought the flat, it wasn't a new thing.

Anyway the point of the quote was she felt the noise officers were pretty good too. She certainly wasn't a rent a moan, but when the folk said if it gets like this again just call us and we'll be out.

She did twice that I know of and they registered the noise in her flat before going down to sort out the pub.

Didn't win her any friends with the pub staff or locals mind you :lol:

Say What Again

Knew a lassie who stayed directly above a pub that had football fans singing after games and karaoke til 1am. I always silently thought she was a bit wrong as the pub was there when she bought the flat, it wasn't a new thing.

Anyway the point of the quote was she felt the noise officers were pretty good too. She certainly wasn't a rent a moan, but when the folk came they said if it gets like this again just call us and we'll be out.

She did twice that I know of and they registered the noise in her flat before going down to sort out the pub.

fabienleclerq

Anyway the point of the quote was she felt the noise officers were pretty good too. She certainly wasn't a rent a moan, but when the folk said if it gets like this again just call us and we'll be out.

Buying a flat above a pub and moaning about the noise is just stupid.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

I've got a arsehole banging and sawing in his garden now, he starts at stupid times of the morning at the weekend aswell, I hate the *****

Doctor FinnBarr

Buying a flat above a pub and moaning about the noise is just stupid.

The now long gone Almond Inn in Blackburn had waste ground across the road from it for years since the Orange club was burnt down then flattened. Some builder then built a small scheme of maybe a dozen houses which filled up with commuters wanting cheap housing and to be handy for Bathgate train station. They never stopped complaining about the Almond which had stood there for about 100 years before their houses appeared, too much noise when the pub was open, too much noise at closing time. Arses

Fraggle1990

I had a romanian prostitution ring in the flat below, the place went like a fair. The landlords wouldnt do anything about it(dodgy italian guy, think he was taking a backhander) a couple of cars would sit outside every night, dody eastern european looking guys. 2 guys got stabbed in the stair by them. Hookers accused them of not paying.

The police went round a few times but done nothing. Eventually the council done something about them and got them launched, just feel for the poor folk they will be relocating them next to.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

I had a romanian prostitution ring in the flat below, the place went like a fair. The landlords wouldnt do anything about it(dodgy italian guy, think he was taking a backhander) a couple of cars would sit outside every night, dody eastern european looking guys. 2 guys got stabbed in the stair by them. Hookers accused them of not paying.

The police went round a few times but done nothing. Eventually the council done something about them and got them launched, just feel for the poor folk they will be relocating them next to.

I had the same thing in my old house near starks Park, they had 3-4girls (6-7s) working for a few weeks at a time then rotate them. They weren't much hassle tbh just don't their dodgy clients hanging around my street.

• 1 month later...

So it turns out that yesterday (Sunday) I, along with several of my neighbours (there's 8 flats in the block), had the letterbox ripped off the front of the door, along with our doormats being stolen.

We suspect it's the two lads on the top floor, or at least one of their mates, but no actual proof. They're the ones who there's been complaints about re noise/parties though and they've seemingly been getting quite abusive towards the woman who lives opposite me as they think she's the one reporting them. They seemingly had their letterbox removed also though.

Strange thing is, I was in the flat at the time and didn't even hear a thing.

Whoever it was has actually done me a favour re the doormat though as I've been meaning to ditch it for ages but just been too lazy! :D

Arseholes!

Harry Potter

So it turns out that yesterday (Sunday) I, along with several of my neighbours (there's 8 flats in the block), had the letterbox ripped off the front of the door, along with our doormats being stolen.

We suspect it's the two lads on the top floor, or at least one of their mates, but no actual proof. They're the ones who there's been complaints about re noise/parties though and they've seemingly been getting quite abusive towards the woman who lives opposite me as they think she's the one reporting them. They seemingly had their letterbox removed also though.

Strange thing is, I was in the flat at the time and didn't even hear a thing.

Whoever it was has actually done me a favour re the doormat though as I've been meaning to ditch it for ages but just been too lazy! :D

Arseholes!

How on earth do u rip a letter box off, 

...a bit disco

Tell it that for only ?100 it can invest in 'the opportunity of a lifetime' that a friend just told you about then spend it all on drink and drugs.

I know! And the fact I never heard a thing even though I was in the bedroom, so effectively just the other side of the wall, is strange however the flappy bit is completely off.

Tell it that for only ?100 it can invest in 'the opportunity of a lifetime' that a friend just told you about then spend it all on drink and drugs.

:D I think drink/drugs might have been involved.

...a bit disco

:D I think drink/drugs might have been involved.

:lol:

...a bit disco

I know! And the fact I never heard a thing even though I was in the bedroom, so effectively just the other side of the wall, is strange however the flappy bit is completely off.

Did you check for a damp patch halfway up your hall?

Zerothehero

My arsehole neighbour hate is quite benign, just one of those wee things that folk probably do without even thinking about it - throwing out food scraps for the birds in summer time.

There's no need for it at all but every night they chuck out their leftover bread, pizza, whatever and it sits there in the dark until first light when the passing horde of gulls spies it then proceeds to make an unholy noise and spray shit everywhere at four in the morning.

I'm assuming my neighbours are deaf as it's impossible to sleep through that noise. Being the passive agressive type I'll let it boil up for months until I go to their door at 5am in a total state and ask them very politely to stop it.

Putting out bird feeders for the wee sparrows and that, especially in the winter -cool. Putting out a three course meal for seagulls to fight over is complete arsehole behaviour. Just put your food scraps in recycling (or in the bin if you don't have food waste bins) and it'll get used for something useful.

If you do throw out scraps and it doesn't attract gulls. Nae bother. If it does attract gulls and you keep doing it = arsehole.

HamishMcGonagall

One of the dugs living in the top floor obviously can't make it to outside for the toilet in time, keeps doing its business in the stairwell. The manky owners don't even clean it up. Two times last week I had to pick up dug shit in the stairwell and then yesterday there was a puddle of pee at the landing outside my door, I had to clean that up aswell. Thing that makes it worse is I'm paranoid folk will see me cleaning it up n just assume it's my dug making the mess!

Also just had 3 African men move in next door. Last week there was a bloke booting their door at 2am Saturday night, screaming at them to give him his effin money back. Eventually one of them answered the door n there was a lot of arguing then loads of scuffling noises so they were clearly fighting. Got up in the morning n there were a couple of blood marks on the floor outside next doors door.

But I will live in leith so...

One of the dugs living in the top floor obviously can't make it to outside for the toilet in time, keeps doing its business in the stairwell. The manky owners don't even clean it up. Two times last week I had to pick up dug shit in the stairwell and then yesterday there was a puddle of pee at the landing outside my door, I had to clean that up aswell. Thing that makes it worse is I'm paranoid folk will see me cleaning it up n just assume it's my dug making the mess!

Also just had 3 African men move in next door. Last week there was a bloke booting their door at 2am Saturday night, screaming at them to give him his effin money back. Eventually one of them answered the door n there was a lot of arguing then loads of scuffling noises so they were clearly fighting. Got up in the morning n there were a couple of blood marks on the floor outside next doors door.

But I will live in leith so...

If I was picking up someone else's dugs shite it would be going straight through their letterbox!

HamishMcGonagall

If I was picking up someone else's dugs shite it would be going straight through their letterbox!

Ha! Ach I'm just after a quiet life (in leith, I know....). There's 2 different flats with dugs up there aswell so I don't even know which one it is. It's a shame cos there are some nice folk in the stair but there's at least just as many bams!

...a bit disco

Not a problem if you live next to Neilnunb. 

John Findlay

Ha! Ach I'm just after a quiet life (in leith, I know....). There's 2 different flats with dugs up there aswell so I don't even know which one it is. It's a shame cos there are some nice folk in the stair but there's at least just as many bams!

Put it through both letterboxes. See who raises merry he'll the most. That will give you a clue to the culprits.

• 1 year later...
Салатные палочки

We've been having trouble recently with our next door neighbours.  They moved in around June time and spent time decorating before they moved in.  There is the guy and his girlfriend, two young nursery aged boys and a girl around 11/12.  The first time I heard him was while my daughter was still in the hospital and I was back collecting clothes one Sunday.  Constant screaming from the guy, and I mean screaming at the top of his lungs at what I assume was the girlfriend.  I put it down to a bad day, but as soon as the wee one was moved back to Crosshouse, we were back home and heard them every night.  It maybe now happens every second night, him screaming at them and banging about.  It's got worse recently with him shouting at his missus and the kids and when we were in bed last week we heard him shouting at the young lassie, calling her a "f*****g fat wee c***".  I also heard the girlfriend (the girls mum) calling her similar.  On Friday night it was particularly bad and I heard a lot of shouting and banging and at one point a struggle and the girlfriend crying along with one of the wee boys. I thought at that time he had hit her.  He left the house soon after it and it was silent but came back about an hour later and I heard more shouting.  

At that time we were in bed and I was watching the telly and heard more shouting and banging.  I heard him in the young girls room, which I think is next to ours.  He was shouting at her and she was crying.  Another wee bit of silence and then another argument in what must be their room and then another struggle.  You know it's a struggle cos you hear movement and the odd bang so I listened out and heard her saying "no....no.....no......no" over and over, but it was muffled as if she was being held down and maybe he was putting his hand over her mouth.  At that point I was thinking I should really phone the police here, I was 90% sure he was hitting her but not 100%.  The last time I phoned the police was when the other next door neighbours door was kicked in by three guys in masks with machetes and that caused a lot of hassle with the police constantly phoning me asking me if I could identify the guys involved and getting really arsey when I said I couldn't. 

I really want to make an anonymous referral to Social Work but not sure what difference this will make other than maybe making him more angry.  The classic signs are there to be honest.  Constant verbal abuse, always in the house, they only ever go out at quiet times when not a lot of people are about and it's straight into the car.  The wee girl walks their dog and she never looks you in the eye and looks withdrawn.  I have heard she is older than she looks but I am convinced she is about 11.  We have phoned the Housing about the noise, as has their next door neighbour who has had run-ins with the guy.  They come out and the girlfriend denies that he lives there or that she is involved with anyone and they have been in the house.  Phoned this morning and they said that the anti-social behaviour team could come out but they need a police crime number before they can do anything.  So we are kind of stuck with them and need to put up with it for as long as she puts up being verbally and possibly physically abused.  

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

We've been having trouble recently with our next door neighbours.  They moved in around June time and spent time decorating before they moved in.  There is the guy and his girlfriend, two young nursery aged boys and a girl around 11/12.  The first time I heard him was while my daughter was still in the hospital and I was back collecting clothes one Sunday.  Constant screaming from the guy, and I mean screaming at the top of his lungs at what I assume was the girlfriend.  I put it down to a bad day, but as soon as the wee one was moved back to Crosshouse, we were back home and heard them every night.  It maybe now happens every second night, him screaming at them and banging about.  It's got worse recently with him shouting at his missus and the kids and when we were in bed last week we heard him shouting at the young lassie, calling her a "f*****g fat wee c***".  I also heard the girlfriend (the girls mum) calling her similar.  On Friday night it was particularly bad and I heard a lot of shouting and banging and at one point a struggle and the girlfriend crying along with one of the wee boys. I thought at that time he had hit her.  He left the house soon after it and it was silent but came back about an hour later and I heard more shouting.  

At that time we were in bed and I was watching the telly and heard more shouting and banging.  I heard him in the young girls room, which I think is next to ours.  He was shouting at her and she was crying.  Another wee bit of silence and then another argument in what must be their room and then another struggle.  You know it's a struggle cos you hear movement and the odd bang so I listened out and heard her saying "no....no.....no......no" over and over, but it was muffled as if she was being held down and maybe he was putting his hand over her mouth.  At that point I was thinking I should really phone the police here, I was 90% sure he was hitting her but not 100%.  The last time I phoned the police was when the other next door neighbours door was kicked in by three guys in masks with machetes and that caused a lot of hassle with the police constantly phoning me asking me if I could identify the guys involved and getting really arsey when I said I couldn't. 

I really want to make an anonymous referral to Social Work but not sure what difference this will make other than maybe making him more angry.  The classic signs are there to be honest.  Constant verbal abuse, always in the house, they only ever go out at quiet times when not a lot of people are about and it's straight into the car.  The wee girl walks their dog and she never looks you in the eye and looks withdrawn.  I have heard she is older than she looks but I am convinced she is about 11.  We have phoned the Housing about the noise, as has their next door neighbour who has had run-ins with the guy.  They come out and the girlfriend denies that he lives there or that she is involved with anyone and they have been in the house.  Phoned this morning and they said that the anti-social behaviour team could come out but they need a police crime number before they can do anything.  So we are kind of stuck with them and need to put up with it for as long as she puts up being verbally and possibly physically abused.  

Bloody hell. 

Poor kids. Boy needs his ***** kicked in proper, absolute animal. 

That would distress me knowing a wee girl’s life is being made a nightmare from some horrible bully who should be there to protect her. What is the matter with people?

Салатные палочки
16 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Bloody hell. 

Poor kids. Boy needs his ***** kicked in proper, absolute animal. 

That would distress me knowing a wee girl’s life is being made a nightmare from some horrible bully who should be there to protect her. What is the matter with people?

It is horrible to hear and I feel really bad for her.  My partner is obviously more concerned about our wee one being woken up with the banging and shouting but I really feel for the girl.  Imaging being that age and being called names like that, how much that would hurt your feelings and effect your confidence.  The boys also make strange high-pitched noises at times.  I'm no expert but I did work in Social Work a while back and it reminds me of reading about kids who make loud noises out of nervousness, like a tick of sorts.  

I really don't know what to do to be honest.