Arsehole Neighbours

Solid Snake

15 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

It is horrible to hear and I feel really bad for her.  My partner is obviously more concerned about our wee one being woken up with the banging and shouting but I really feel for the girl.  Imaging being that age and being called names like that, how much that would hurt your feelings and effect your confidence.  The boys also make strange high-pitched noises at times.  I'm no expert but I did work in Social Work a while back and it reminds me of reading about kids who make loud noises out of nervousness, like a tick of sorts.  

I really don't know what to do to be honest.   

Is it loud enough for you be able to record it on your phone for social work to hear for themselves?

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Салатные палочки

• JudyJudyJudy

• Morgan

• ri Alban

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Is it loud enough for you be able to record it on your phone for social work to hear for themselves?

On Friday night I think it would have been as it echoes around the close.  I did mention that but she had tried that about a year ago when the other neighbour was playing loud music constantly and it didn't really come out well but I will be trying it next time.  Probably this weekend as he seems to get worse then.  

22 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Phone the social, that wee girl could end up dead.

Absolutely this. Not nice to get involved for fear of repercussions but you really have to.

Good luck.

4 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

It is horrible to hear and I feel really bad for her.  My partner is obviously more concerned about our wee one being woken up with the banging and shouting but I really feel for the girl.  Imaging being that age and being called names like that, how much that would hurt your feelings and effect your confidence.  The boys also make strange high-pitched noises at times.  I'm no expert but I did work in Social Work a while back and it reminds me of reading about kids who make loud noises out of nervousness, like a tick of sorts.  

I really don't know what to do to be honest.   

You've got to report them , honestly, you have to.

Its not reporting them, to be fair, its a child protection issue.

6 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

We've been having trouble recently with our next door neighbours.  They moved in around June time and spent time decorating before they moved in.  There is the guy and his girlfriend, two young nursery aged boys and a girl around 11/12.  The first time I heard him was while my daughter was still in the hospital and I was back collecting clothes one Sunday.  Constant screaming from the guy, and I mean screaming at the top of his lungs at what I assume was the girlfriend.  I put it down to a bad day, but as soon as the wee one was moved back to Crosshouse, we were back home and heard them every night.  It maybe now happens every second night, him screaming at them and banging about.  It's got worse recently with him shouting at his missus and the kids and when we were in bed last week we heard him shouting at the young lassie, calling her a "f*****g fat wee c***".  I also heard the girlfriend (the girls mum) calling her similar.  On Friday night it was particularly bad and I heard a lot of shouting and banging and at one point a struggle and the girlfriend crying along with one of the wee boys. I thought at that time he had hit her.  He left the house soon after it and it was silent but came back about an hour later and I heard more shouting.  

At that time we were in bed and I was watching the telly and heard more shouting and banging.  I heard him in the young girls room, which I think is next to ours.  He was shouting at her and she was crying.  Another wee bit of silence and then another argument in what must be their room and then another struggle.  You know it's a struggle cos you hear movement and the odd bang so I listened out and heard her saying "no....no.....no......no" over and over, but it was muffled as if she was being held down and maybe he was putting his hand over her mouth.  At that point I was thinking I should really phone the police here, I was 90% sure he was hitting her but not 100%.  The last time I phoned the police was when the other next door neighbours door was kicked in by three guys in masks with machetes and that caused a lot of hassle with the police constantly phoning me asking me if I could identify the guys involved and getting really arsey when I said I couldn't. 

I really want to make an anonymous referral to Social Work but not sure what difference this will make other than maybe making him more angry.  The classic signs are there to be honest.  Constant verbal abuse, always in the house, they only ever go out at quiet times when not a lot of people are about and it's straight into the car.  The wee girl walks their dog and she never looks you in the eye and looks withdrawn.  I have heard she is older than she looks but I am convinced she is about 11.  We have phoned the Housing about the noise, as has their next door neighbour who has had run-ins with the guy.  They come out and the girlfriend denies that he lives there or that she is involved with anyone and they have been in the house.  Phoned this morning and they said that the anti-social behaviour team could come out but they need a police crime number before they can do anything.  So we are kind of stuck with them and need to put up with it for as long as she puts up being verbally and possibly physically abused.  

I would say phone social services and make an anonymous report. It must be awful to know that’s going on so close and there’s little you can do. Hopefully they’ll follow it up properly. 

Jesus Christ!  I opened this thinking I'd get a laugh, going by a lot of the previous posts.

Definitely call social work.  There's more than a fair chance that you're only hearing part of what's actually going on.  

Phone the cops the next time it happens or the social work now. You'll never forgive yourself if something awful happens bud.

Edited by Jamhammer

Салатные палочки

I'm definitely going to phone them tomorrow morning. The downstairs neighbour knows the girls name and there has been social work involvement in the past, although she was with another guy at the time. She's just as big a hesdcase when it comes to the kids but I'm not sure how much he influences her. 

Carl Weathers

Is the guy a bit of a unit? Could you knock on the door next time he's going bananas? Horrible situation to be in. You just want to chill with no hassle at home. 

I'd probably be making a phone call as well due to the young child being involved. 

Салатные палочки
22 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

Is the guy a bit of a unit? Could you knock on the door next time he's going bananas? Horrible situation to be in. You just want to chill with no hassle at home. 

I'd probably be making a phone call as well due to the young child being involved. 

He's a bit of an unknown quantity to be honest. Acts like a psycho but that could be an act. My girlfriend doesn't know who he is and she is local so not sure of his credentials. 

Салатные палочки
14 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

You have to phone for the sake of the kids its not even a choice.

It is a choice really but given that the other neighbours dont seem to want to  address it apart from the girl downstairs who is a single mum, then I guess it's up to me. 

The annoying thing is that there hasn't been any noise tonight although they are in and that's probably what would happen if the council, police or social work came out  

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

He's a bit of an unknown quantity to be honest. Acts like a psycho but that could be an act. My girlfriend doesn't know who he is and she is local so not sure of his credentials. 

Anybody who behaves like that to a kid isn’t a hardman imo he’s an utter coward and piece of shit. 

Hanging is too good for this prick. 

Its a terrible situation for you mate I’d hate to be in your shoes but hopefully you can help. 

Good luck with it. 

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

It is a choice really but given that the other neighbours dont seem to want to  address it apart from the girl downstairs who is a single mum, then I guess it's up to me. 

The annoying thing is that there hasn't been any noise tonight although they are in and that's probably what would happen if the council, police or social work came out  

I just meant if something were to happen you dont want to be living with that.

On 03/12/2018 at 18:44, Salad Fingers said:

I'm definitely going to phone them tomorrow morning. The downstairs neighbour knows the girls name and there has been social work involvement in the past, although she was with another guy at the time. She's just as big a hesdcase when it comes to the kids but I'm not sure how much he influences her. 

Did you phone them then?

Салатные палочки
3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Did you phone them then?

They have been phoned, not by us but by the downstairs neighbour.  My girlfriend was messaging her yesterday and she said she has contacted Social Work on Monday morning after what happened on Friday.  We got a phone call from the Anti-Social Behaviour team yesterday who said that there is definitely a history of domestic abuse and asked if it was the same guy she was with (we don't know) and that SW are currently involved, although no one is sure as to what extent.  We phoned the police non-emergency number to get a crime reference number and we have to go in on Tuesday to meet with them.  

I guess if this happens again this weekend, the only option I'll have left is to phone the police.  

Matthew Le Tissier

When me and my partner lived in Leith we were in the flats just off Bonnington Rd. Absolute shitpit bedsits (all she could afford on her own).

Just after we I moved in some local nutcase was literally howling like a wolf in the stair and trying to kick in doors. Now I’m a fair size so decided to lean against ours just in case. Low and behold BANG he’s at it against ours, I could see through the peephole that he was off his face so no chance I was confronting him. Thankfully he either passed out or left the building a wee while later as it went quiet. 

Another one was at about half 12 at night mid winter I heard glass smashing from our kitchen, so I went through to check, thankfully it wasn’t ours. Then I heard more glass smashing so I went round the front to find the next door neighbor smashing her own window a from the inside. Phoned the police etc they all came out, turns out she was just out the Royal and hadn’t been taking any of her meds so wasn’t in right in the head mentally. 

Салатные палочки
9 minutes ago, Matthew Le Tissier said:

When me and my partner lived in Leith we were in the flats just off Bonnington Rd. Absolute shitpit bedsits (all she could afford on her own).

Just after we I moved in some local nutcase was literally howling like a wolf in the stair and trying to kick in doors. Now I’m a fair size so decided to lean against ours just in case. Low and behold BANG he’s at it against ours, I could see through the peephole that he was off his face so no chance I was confronting him. Thankfully he either passed out or left the building a wee while later as it went quiet. 

Another one was at about half 12 at night mid winter I heard glass smashing from our kitchen, so I went through to check, thankfully it wasn’t ours. Then I heard more glass smashing so I went round the front to find the next door neighbor smashing her own window a from the inside. Phoned the police etc they all came out, turns out she was just out the Royal and hadn’t been taking any of her meds so wasn’t in right in the head mentally. 

Nothing worse than hearing something like that at night.  The one I mentioned with the masked guys kicking the other neighbours door in happened about midnight and I shat myself, thought it was our door going in until I went downstairs.  We've had so many problems but she doesn't want to move.  I don't blame her, she spent a hell of a lot of money doing that place up and it's not her fault who the council put next door.  We slept with the hammer under the bed for a few weeks after that as they were still out there kicking folks doors in all over the town.  

Add to that the last neighbours kicking their own door in, smashing bottles and pissing in the close, smashing the close window and the close door window, the current neighbours problems, drunk folk ringing every buzzer and chapping every door, just last week someone came to the door at 11.30 on Sunday night chapping it before staggering down the stairs.  All because the arsehole old woman downstairs doesn't lock the door after coming back in from letting her rat dogs out to shite.  

Matthew Le Tissier
6 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Nothing worse than hearing something like that at night.  The one I mentioned with the masked guys kicking the other neighbours door in happened about midnight and I shat myself, thought it was our door going in until I went downstairs.  We've had so many problems but she doesn't want to move.  I don't blame her, she spent a hell of a lot of money doing that place up and it's not her fault who the council put next door.  We slept with the hammer under the bed for a few weeks after that as they were still out there kicking folks doors in all over the town.  

Add to that the last neighbours kicking their own door in, smashing bottles and pissing in the close, smashing the close window and the close door window, the current neighbours problems, drunk folk ringing every buzzer and chapping every door, just last week someone came to the door at 11.30 on Sunday night chapping it before staggering down the stairs.  All because the arsehole old woman downstairs doesn't lock the door after coming back in from letting her rat dogs out to shite.  

Was so glad to get out of there, felt like it was just a place the council stick all the weirdos and junkies. Only reason my missus had it was due to a friend of a friend sub letting. Place was crawling with mice and rats as well ?. I ended up buying a metal baseball bat for a bit of comfort. 

Me neighbourhood has calmed down a lot since I moved in.

Back then it was drunks/paggers/murders/armed sieges/screaming weans/drug dealers and various general schemie shenannigans.

Now it's mostly civilized, with the occupants of most homes being working professionals.

Edited by Cade

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

They have been phoned, not by us but by the downstairs neighbour.  My girlfriend was messaging her yesterday and she said she has contacted Social Work on Monday morning after what happened on Friday.  We got a phone call from the Anti-Social Behaviour team yesterday who said that there is definitely a history of domestic abuse and asked if it was the same guy she was with (we don't know) and that SW are currently involved, although no one is sure as to what extent.  We phoned the police non-emergency number to get a crime reference number and we have to go in on Tuesday to meet with them.  

I guess if this happens again this weekend, the only option I'll have left is to phone the police.  

Good stuff ??

At least if anything serious does happen, which I obviously hope doesn’t, then at least you know you’ve tried to take some sort of action.

3 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

They have been phoned, not by us but by the downstairs neighbour.  My girlfriend was messaging her yesterday and she said she has contacted Social Work on Monday morning after what happened on Friday.  We got a phone call from the Anti-Social Behaviour team yesterday who said that there is definitely a history of domestic abuse and asked if it was the same guy she was with (we don't know) and that SW are currently involved, although no one is sure as to what extent.  We phoned the police non-emergency number to get a crime reference number and we have to go in on Tuesday to meet with them.  

Good stuff, SF.

Keep us informed will you?

On 03/12/2018 at 19:39, Salad Fingers said:

I wouldnt confront him , he could be a complete wimp that wont matter if he pulls a baseball bat or a knife on you.

1 hour ago, JimKongUno said:

I wouldnt confront him , he could be a complete wimp that wont matter if he pulls a baseball bat or a knife on you.

Or he could call the fuzz on salad fingers with fingers getting in trouble

3 hours ago, Cade said:

Back then it was drunks/paggers/murders/armed sieges/screaming weans/drug dealers and various general schemie shenannigans.

Now it's mostly civilized, with the occupants of most homes being working professionals.

Gentrification.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Gentrification.

Cannae be.

No gastro pubs, coffee shops or other artisan wankery about.

Not even seen any man buns around the place.

6 hours ago, Cade said:

do you and your new civilized neighbours have new patios?

I've worked in housing and social work.  The Advice we give is that a complainer should always phone 101 or the Noise People to report any anti social behaviour, Keep a diary/ log of instances and who it made you feel ( upset/ angry/ couldn't sleep etc).  Noise between  8 am and 10 pm is generally not taken too seriously though.   The council needs corroboration for any complaints so neighbours need to back up your complaints as they could be malicious.  If the council get corroboration they can eventually serve an " Asbo" and go for eviction. If the noisy neighbours are renting from a private he/ she can lose their landlord registration if they do not  do something about their tenants. It can be a long drawn out thing which leads to an eviction . But evidence is needed.

As for anyone hearing a child in distress its surely a given that you call social work?  I've investigated a few of this in my time and they are taken very seriously by social work. Any information is completely anonymous when social work visit the potential abusers.  

• 1 year later...
Салатные палочки

New arsehole downstairs  neighbours deciding to start building a fence at 7.30pm. Hammering non-stop not long after I've put the wee one down. Can't even hear the telly. They are stopping every ten mins for a fag and one of them is drinking a bottle of bucky. 

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

New arsehole downstairs  neighbours deciding to start building a fence at 7.30pm. Hammering non-stop not long after I've put the wee one down. Can't even hear the telly. They are stopping every ten mins for a fag and one of them is drinking a bottle of bucky. 

😂

You're more concerned about hearing the tv to be fair, bet the wee one is fast asleep. 

Try having an old woman down below you that likes to put her thumping washing machine on at 6am. 

Салатные палочки
12 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

😂

You're more concerned about hearing the tv to be fair, bet the wee one is fast asleep. 

Try having an old woman down below you that likes to put her thumping washing machine on at 6am. 

Well it is Britain's Got Talent :laugh2:

Not a peep out the wee one! 

6 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

😂

Actually don't mind the sound of washing machines etc...  Everything sounds loud at 6am even the telly turned up to 2.

Greedy Jambo
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Actually don't mind the sound of washing machines etc...  Everything sounds loud at 6am even the telly turned up to 2.

The thought of her putting it on at 6am knowing that it thumps is more annoying than the actual thumping. 

Samuel Camazzola
12 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

😂

Logical thinking from the old lady. Gets the washing out to dry sharp. 👍 

30 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

The thought of her putting it on at 6am knowing that it thumps is more annoying than the actual thumping. 

🤣

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Logical thinking from the old lady. Gets the washing out to dry sharp. 👍 

:spoton:

5 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

It's feckin noise pollution. 

How about i Park my car outside your house at 6am and start beeping the horn? 

That would be illegal. Need to wait until 7am

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

It's feckin noise pollution. 

How about i Park my car outside your house at 6am and start beeping the horn? 

Then he'd phone plod and get you arrested because doing that is against the law.

It's against Highway Code rule 112 and as it's before 7am it is considered as being anti-social. 

https://blog.passmefast.co.uk/driving-law/highway-code-horn-honking-rules/

Theres a tatooed feckwit with a staffie lives in a flat at the end of my street (to the West of my house).

Hes about 60 Mtrs away but I can still smell the weed he smokes thats carried on the wind from the weterley breeze we get in this part of the world. 
Absolutely stinks like shit. 

His direct neighbours must be oot their tits most nights!

Selfish prick!

Greedy Jambo
20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Get her erchie out of bed. 6am is oversleep, big time.

Nae danger. 

How many hours do you sleep? 

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Theres a tatooed feckwit with a staffie lives in a flat at the end of my street (to the West of my house).

Hes about 60 Mtrs away but I can still smell the weed he smokes thats carried on the wind from the weterley breeze we get in this part of the world. 
Absolutely stinks like shit. 

His direct neighbours must be oot their tits most nights!

Selfish prick!

Unfortunately, we've all got them. Staffie will have bigger boz than feckwit selfish prick. Only consolation, nothing lasts for ever, not even the Port Seton, house party this morning spilled into back garden @ 00:15, amplified mic belting out 500 miles (vermin) quelled in 45 minutes. Good job all the threatening surrounding neighbours...:clap: