Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

40 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

:rofl: 

Ships are built to leak now! 

Snagging. Where was this ship built? Ships having problems is nothing new.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Space Mackerel
11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Snagging. Where was this ship built? Ships having problems is nothing new.

“Snagging” :lol:

EBEBFCA1-8EE9-427F-82CD-18AF0DE203B7.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Same for me too yesterday, lifted off in 6th gear several times as I thought I was going slightly too fast. :)

Shambles!

Space Mackerel
22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You really are an idiot.

“Here lads, let’s get this state of the art, 21st century ship out dry dock and see if she floats”

Said no one ever :lol: 

Maroon Sailor
45 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

“Here lads, let’s get this state of the art, 21st century ship out dry dock and see if she floats”

Said no one ever :lol: 

She floats unlike IndyRef2 !!

That's in Davy Jones's locker !

Thunderstruck
2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Ships are built to leak now! 

All vessels leak to some extent. It is only an issue if ingress exceeds design limits and pump capacity. 

If your back story has any credence you were an engineer of some sort so your professional instinct might be to wonder if leakage from a prop shaft seal is a common occurrence on ships of all sorts.

You also might want to consider how seals and glands operate in ships - you might be surprised, if it isn’t too technical for you. 

Look for Wartsila water-lubricated stern-tube seal. It is a commercial product used in a variety of ships. It is designed to be replaced without docking. 

The ship is now alongside and leakage is zero. 

It is a non-story and has been happening since she took to the water. The amount of water ingress is trivial against the capacity of the bilge pumps and could easily be dealt with by a pump for a garden fountain. 

0C205926-942D-4245-A8FA-60E86471A35A.png

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

All vessels leak to some extent. It is only an issue if ingress exceeds design limits and pump capacity. 

If your back story has any credence you were an engineer of some sort so your professional instinct might be to wonder if leakage from a prop shaft seal is a common occurrence on ships of all sorts.

You also might want to consider how seals and glands operate in ships - you might be surprised, if it isn’t too technical for you. 

Look for Wartsila water-lubricated stern-tube seal. It is a commercial product used in a variety of ships. It is designed to be replaced without docking. 

It is a non-story and has been happening since she took to the water. The amount of water ingress is trivial against the capacity of the bilge pumps and could easily be dealt with by a pump for a garden fountain. 

Me thinks you’ve been doing a serious amount of copying and pasting by size and font of your text :)

Thunderstruck
Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Me thinks you’ve been doing a serious amount of copying and pasting by size and font of your text :)

Nope, all my own work. Kickback does something strange to formatting when text is moved about. 

The photo, as you might expect, is from the Wartsila website. 

Anyway, crack on and do some reading. 

Space Mackerel
8 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Nope, all my own work. Kickback does something strange to formatting when text is moved about. 

The photo, as you might expect, is from the Wartsila website. 

Anyway, crack on and do some reading. 

Its an outer bearing with some some sort of internal, intermediate and external seal I would assume. 

Do you fancy teaming up for Robot Wars now? 

On 29/11/2017 at 11:30, jambo lodge said:

So Scottish Parliament confirming this morning that the "snagging" on the Queensferry Crossing is a workmanship issue which were known about before the bridge was opened. The incompetence of Humza Yousaf and the SNP in trying to cover this up..

I've had a good look, but nothing... Not a single word about the sinking £3b empty aircraft carrier.

Anything???

6 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

She floats unlike IndyRef2 !!

That's in Davy Jones's locker !

MS, do yourself a favour, stand up. Your knees must be killing you. God's no listening, Indyref2 is the day before Brexit. And you can put money on it.

Edited by ri Alban

6 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

None story, aye? Well neither is snagging to the bridge.

8 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

“Snagging” :lol:

EBEBFCA1-8EE9-427F-82CD-18AF0DE203B7.jpeg

Good, I was needing a new picture to keep the wean away fae the fireplace. I wonder how much she charges to haunt hooses.

Fat @#£#@@# ###£!

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Good, I was needing a new picture to keep the wean away fae the fireplace. I wonder how much she charges to haunt hooses.

Fat @#£#@@# ###£!

If you have been allowed to pass on your genes then I feel genuinely sorry for "the wean".

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I've had a good look, but nothing... Not a single word about the sinking £3b empty aircraft carrier.

Anything???

good to try and deflect. I use the bridge several times a week and it was/is clear that it was opened far too early for political reasons. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
58 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

good to try and deflect. I use the bridge several times a week and it was/is clear that it was opened far too early for political reasons. 

I happen to know someone involved in the running of the bridge and basically you’re right

1 hour ago, jambo lodge said:

So do I but I'd disagree with you.  I don't think that it was opened far too early for political reasons and see no clear evidence to suggest otherwise.  Happy to review any clear evidence you can provide though.

Maroon Sailor
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

MS, do yourself a favour, stand up. Your knees must be killing you. God's no listening, Indyref2 is the day before Brexit. And you can put money on it.

Put money on it ? Nah, the tax man will be getting it

IndyRef2 ?

God help us !

We'll all be in Davy Jones's locker ...... still paying more tax than the rUK

1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

Still going on and on and on about the Queensferry Crossing. :rofl:

Any word on the F-35’s delivery for the leaky tub? 

I see you did your usual, so anyway what about these made up health numbers, not that long ago you were telling us how wonderful it was in Scotland............until Robison hit the black ice..............................................black ****in ice, crippled the health service, what kinda excuse for being shite is that.

9 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

I see you did your usual, so anyway what about these made up health numbers, not that long ago you were telling us how wonderful it was in Scotland............until Robison hit the black ice..............................................black ****in ice, crippled the health service, what kinda excuse for being shite is that.

Can you blame the Govt if the Health boards are cooking the books?  Unless the Govt had okayed it with the Health Boards, I don't see how creative accounting  on the health Boards part is the fault of the govt.  

Space Mackerel
45 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

So youve got the silly season started with piss heads aplenty mixed in with untreated pavements and that constitutes a health crisis now. :rofl:

Thunderstruck
2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Still going on and on and on about the Queensferry Crossing. :rofl:

Any word on the F-35’s delivery for the leaky tub? 

They continue to roll off the production line and are being delivered. There already enough to allow flight systems testing and development on QE next year. 

I would have thought that someone with your background would know that you don’t just pitch up at a showroom somewhere and drive off with 124 aircraft on a trailer. 

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

They continue to roll off the production line and are being delivered. There already enough to allow flight systems testing and development on QE next year. 

I would have thought that someone with your background would know that you don’t just pitch up at a showroom somewhere and drive off with 124 aircraft on a trailer. 

Whats the cost per unit now? I believe it’s going up and up? 

9 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

So youve got the silly season started with piss heads aplenty mixed in with untreated pavements and that constitutes a health crisis now. :rofl:

nae answer again, not even a copy n paste fae the lord and master at wings.

I think were safe from the separatists as long as your pushing the case

49 minutes ago, Boris said:

Can you blame the Govt if the Health boards are cooking the books?  Unless the Govt had okayed it with the Health Boards, I don't see how creative accounting  on the health Boards part is the fault of the govt.  

the same as with the super glesga police, it's the government who appoint the doughnuts that run it. spaced oot was telling us how wonderful the Scottish run health service was.............until shona's black ice scuppered the cooked books.

Just now, reaths17 said:

the same as with the super glesga police, it's the government who appoint the doughnuts that run it. spaced oot was telling us how wonderful the Scottish run health service was.............until shona's black ice scuppered the cooked books.

So the Govt appoint the heads, but do they tell the heads to cook the books?

Thunderstruck
8 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

It’s hardly any secret. Airframe $150m and $250m ready for ops. As you will know, that does not include through life costs. 

You’d better look for something else to deflect with. Nothing to see here. 

Thunderstruck
23 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Can you name any contract for military aircraft that has not inflated. 

19 minutes ago, Boris said:

So the Govt appoint the heads, but do they tell the heads to cook the books?

if there's one thing us fitba supporters are well used to is Due Dilligence.......how much are we paying/paid in gardening leave with polis Scotland, how many ersoles have they appointed to the polis and commissions since its invention, when will they show due diligence and pick somebody Scottish that's fit for prpose.

its the government who appoint the health minister, who in turn appoints the chief of the health service, who in turn appoints the bean counters etc etc.

Edited by reaths17

Thunderstruck
39 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

How long would think it acceptable for an elderly woman with a suspected fracture to hip or pelvis to lie on a freezing pavement waiting for an ambulance. 15mins? Half-an-hour? An hour?

How about still waiting after 90 minutes - is that acceptable in this Scotland run by the infallible SNP and a health service run by the Teflon-coated Shona Robison. 

Deflect this away away if you like, no doubt with more puerile nonsense, but instances like this are shameful. 

Space Mackerel
16 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Can you name any contract for military aircraft that has not inflated. 

Here’s a good yin

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/9072073/Nimrod-destruction-cost-taxpayer-3.4bn-as-MoD-ignored-cost-implications-MPs-say.html

Thats 1 leaky carrier or 2 Queensferry Crossings :)

19 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

if there's one thing us fitba supporters are well used to is Due Dilligence.......how much are we paying/paid in gardening leave with polis Scotland, how many ersoles have they appointed to the polis and commissions since its invention.

its the government who appoint the health minister, who in turn appoints the chief of the health service, who in turn appoints the bean counters etc etc.

Yes, but that didn't really answer my question.  Are you saying that the Govt has deliberately asked employees to cook the books?

16 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

How long would think it acceptable for an elderly woman with a suspected fracture to hip or pelvis to lie on a freezing pavement waiting for an ambulance. 15mins? Half-an-hour? An hour?

How about still waiting after 90 minutes - is that acceptable in this Scotland run by the infallible SNP and a health service run by the Teflon-coated Shona Robison. 

Deflect this away away if you like, no doubt with more puerile nonsense, but instances like this are shameful. 

I take it you mean time since the ambulance was called?  I think everyone would answer ASAP.

Waiting an hour and a half is an outrage, Any explaination as to why?

Thunderstruck
3 minutes ago, Boris said:

I take it you mean time since the ambulance was called?  I think everyone would answer ASAP.

Waiting an hour and a half is an outrage, Any explaination as to why?

I haven't heard the reason although I’m sure her family members are pressing for an answer. 

17 minutes ago, Boris said:

Yes, but that didn't really answer my question.  Are you saying that the Govt has deliberately asked employees to cook the books?

it's them that's running thing's if the books are being cooked it's their responsibility. passing the buck isn't really an option when your the one that's hiring, they have the means to fully vet any employee.

Just now, reaths17 said:

it's them that's running thing's if the books are being cooked it's their responsibility. passing the buck isn't really an option when your the one that's hiring, they have the means to fully vet any employee.

So if someone defraud you, it's your fault because you employed them in good faith? 

Just now, Boris said:

So if someone defraud you, it's your fault because you employed them in good faith? 

if I had access to the information they have I would think I'd check the competence of the person/s I was dealing with, if I didn't then I cant excuse my stupidity.

they cant just appoint party supporters on the off chance they have some loyalty/honour.

it is not beyond the realms of possibility that a bunch of politicians have manufactured no's to suit their goal, it's a well used tactic in politics, none of them score any points for being honest and up standing and no matter which way it pans out, the numbers were fiddled with and the SNP as the standing government have the full blame.

1 minute ago, reaths17 said:

if I had access to the information they have I would think I'd check the competence of the person/s I was dealing with, if I didn't then I cant excuse my stupidity.

they cant just appoint party supporters on the off chance they have some loyalty/honour.

it is not beyond the realms of possibility that a bunch of politicians have manufactured no's to suit their goal, it's a well used tactic in politics, none of them score any points for being honest and up standing and no matter which way it pans out, the numbers were fiddled with and the SNP as the standing government have the full blame.

I'm really not sure what point you are trying to make here.

I get you hat ethe SNP, fair enough, but you believe that people were chosen to run NHS trusts because they were either SNP supporters, or were employed above their levels of competency (why?) or in fact the whole thing has been a govt plot to achieve their targets?

I'll see you by the grassy knoll, just down from the book depository...

Space Mackerel
31 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

I haven't heard the reason although I’m sure her family members are pressing for an answer. 

Maybe all the other ambulances were out treating other slips, trips and falls and drunken paggers up the toon? 

People should really know First Aid until professional help arrives. Are you up to speed? 

Thunderstruck
8 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Maybe all the other ambulances were out treating other slips, trips and falls and drunken paggers up the toon? 

People should really know First Aid until professional help arrives. Are you up to speed? 

“Drunken Paggers” - it was 10am. Maybe that is the cultural norm where you live. 

It was First Aid training that directed that you DO NOT MOVE a person with a suspected pelvic fracture as one wrong move can cause catastrophic bleeding. 

Space Mackerel
9 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

“Drunken Paggers” - it was 10am. Maybe that is the cultural norm where you live. 

It was First Aid training that directed that you DO NOT MOVE a person with a suspected pelvic fracture as one wrong move can cause catastrophic bleeding. 

Lol. Maybe all the paramedics were crawing and screatching on social media about the slightest wee thing that happened today to blame on the SNP like you? :lol: 

Why would you move a causalty if there was no direct threat, say fire for example? 

No no doubt you’ll be off to Google now for another copy and paste?  

Thunderstruck
48 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Lol. Maybe all the paramedics were crawing and screatching on social media about the slightest wee thing that happened today to blame on the SNP like you? :lol: 

Why would you move a causalty if there was no direct threat, say fire for example? 

No no doubt you’ll be off to Google now for another copy and paste?  

You are surely not trying to justify or deflect from a 90 minute wait. That would really be quite low. 

Urgent because it was efkin freezin’. Ever heard of hypothermia. 

Cut ‘n paste - don’t judge everyone by your own standards. 

Arnold Rothstein
38 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

You come across as a smart individual on occasion TS, what lets you down is your blind political bias which borders on ignorance at times.

This is hypocrisy on quite a staggering scale.

Edited by Arnold Rothstein

Space Mackerel
55 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

You come across as a smart individual on occasion TS, what lets you down is your blind political bias which borders on ignorance at times.

Someone fell over and waited 90 minutes for an ambulance is shocking, however you accepted that you did not know the context.  In any situation, it is not best to obtain facts and apply an analysis before forming an opinion?  The internet is full of individual's snowballing stories without understanding them first, there's no accountability when they get things wrong and the practice is rife.

Exactly this. He was there in the 999 control centre, he was there as part of the crew of the ambulance and he was also there tending to the casualty, all at the same time. :lol: 

He also designs and fits outer bearings for ships propeller systems too. 

Arnold Rothstein
1 minute ago, Hunky Dory said:

I'm not affiliated with a political party.  All I have done is argue that an iScotland would be more prosperous.  Is the application of a positive and optimistic look for your country "political bias?"

Also, I've criticized the SNP, Labour, tories, Lib Dems, all at different times.  How many times have one of you lot praised the SNP?  That's the original point that I was referring to.

Which is fine but you appear not to be able to appreciate any alternative view point to that which is just as blind as what you accused TS of.