• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Scottish Parliament confirming this morning that the "snagging" on the Queensferry Crossing is a workmanship issue which were known about before the bridge was opened. The incompetence of Humza Yousaf and the SNP in trying to cover this up..

3 hours ago, reaths17 said:

justice minister getting his erse kicked on stv news about the TURMOIL at weegie polis now.

And the diddy Named Person law on it’s last legs.   

13 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Baby boxes - was sceptical but just seen my daughter’s, what a good idea. ?

Would you or she not have thought to buy a baby socks or a bib? But if you know you're getting a baby box, it's easy not to think about what having a baby involves or taking responsibility. The SNP will do the thinking for you.

Here's what this patronising piece of nonsense contains:

• Scratch mittens
  • Short-sleeved vests
  • Long-sleeved vests
  • Long-sleeved sleepsuits
  • Cotton hat
  • Socks
  • All-in-one day suit
  • Jersey trousers
  • Fleece jacket with hood
  • Mattress
  • Mattress protector
  • Fitted sheet
  • Cellular blanket
  • Baby wrap
  • Hooded bath towel
  • Digital ear thermometer
  • Bath sponge
  • Bath and room baby thermometer
  • Teething ring soother
  • Baby books
  • PlayTalkRead play mat
  • Emery boards
  • Bib
  • Muslin cloth squares
  • Comforter toy
  • Travel changing mat
  • Pack of disposable nursing pads
  • Pack of 12 maternity towels
  • Condoms

https://www.snp.org/pb_baby_box_scheme

If new parents are destitute, fine. If they have enough money to be on kickback, they have enough money to buy their own condoms.

2 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Would you or she not have thought to buy a baby socks or a bib? But if you know you're getting a baby box, it's easy not to think about what having a baby involves or taking responsibility. The SNP will do the thinking for you.

• Scratch mittens
  • Short-sleeved vests
  • Long-sleeved vests
  • Cotton hat
  • Socks
  • All-in-one day suit
  • Jersey trousers
  • Mattress
  • Mattress protector
  • Fitted sheet
  • Cellular blanket
  • Baby wrap
  • Hooded bath towel
  • Bath sponge
  • Teething ring soother
  • Baby books
  • PlayTalkRead play mat
  • Emery boards
  • Bib
  • Muslin cloth squares
  • Comforter toy
  • Travel changing mat
  • Condoms

If new parents are destitute, fine. If they have enough money to be on kickback, they have enough money to buy their own condoms.

And if you have Twins you get two identical boxes, double thermometers etc...

Great idea for those that need it, but why make it for all, just a waste of money same as free prescription, why not use the extra money to help the most needy! 

On 27/11/2017 at 22:27, SwindonJambo said:

Spot on Boris. Why the hell does absolutely everything that goes wrong have to be politicised? It’s a major engineering project that’s just ‘gone live’, so to speak. As soon as the budget’s been agreed and the project commenced, the Politics come to and end and it’s all about civil engineerIng, project management and how unforeseen challenges are dealt with.

All major building projects hit issues of one sort or another, which we as Jambos have very recent experience of, it’s fair to say!

And once the players are out on the park, it's none of the manager's responsibility.

3 minutes ago, Jambomb said:

And if you have Twins you get two identical boxes, double thermometers etc...

Great idea for those that need it, but why make it for all, just a waste of money same as free prescription, why not use the extra money to help the most needy! 

Correct.

54 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

• Scratch mittens
  • Short-sleeved vests
  • Long-sleeved vests
  • Cotton hat
  • Socks
  • All-in-one day suit
  • Jersey trousers
  • Mattress
  • Mattress protector
  • Fitted sheet
  • Cellular blanket
  • Baby wrap
  • Hooded bath towel
  • Bath sponge
  • Teething ring soother
  • Baby books
  • PlayTalkRead play mat
  • Emery boards
  • Bib
  • Muslin cloth squares
  • Comforter toy
  • Travel changing mat
  • Condoms

My daughter isn’t on kickback to be honest so your ridiculous last point clearly isn’t relevant by your own definition. 

Do you apply the same principles to education and health in that only those that can’t afford it should get it free? A mixture of universal and targeted benefits has existed, and been supported by all parties in the UK ( some more than others I acceotb) for nesrly 100 years and both types of benefits have pros and cons. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

My daughter isn’t on kickback to be honest so your ridiculous last point clearly isn’t relevant by your own definition. 

Do you apply the same principles to education and health in that only those that can’t afford it should get it free? A mixture of universal and targeted benefits has existed, and been supported by all parties in the UK ( some more than others I acceotb) for nesrly 100 years and both types of benefits have pros and cons. 

Your post was ambiguous. You could have been the parent or the grandparent of the baby using this stuff.

Making things free is a way to get people who might not want to pay to do something, to do it. I don't think many parents, except the poorest, would be likely to not have a bib or socks for their newborn, even if it cost them money, especially since a lot of these payments would be a one-off. Food is not free but people can be relied on to eat. Buying food is also not a one-off.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Why on earth do they include condoms in the "baby" box? 

They start young from Armadale going west;)

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

Only Nicola Sturgeon could find a reason to whinge when the Brexit talks are progressing.

Dunno, sounds like you are whinging too? :wink:

1 hour ago, jambo lodge said:

Only Nicola Sturgeon could find a reason to whinge when the Brexit talks are progressing.

Are they progressing though? For all we know May has gave away the farm!

(& the fishing rights and who knows what else AND spent tens of £Billions which means austerity being extended for another 20 years etc).

Looks like N.I. gets to stay in both the UK and Europe with all the benefits it has now come 2018 but you're right though, Nicola should just shut her pus and let your lords in London deal with everything on our behalf. I'm sure it will all be OK in the end.

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Dunno, sounds like you are whinging too? :wink:

40 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Are they progressing though? For all we know May has gave away the farm!

(& the fishing rights and who knows what else AND spent tens of £Billions which means austerity being extended for another 20 years etc).

Looks like N.I. gets to stay in both the UK and Europe with all the benefits it has now come 2018 but you're right though, Nicola should just shut her pus and let your lords in London deal with everything on our behalf. I'm sure it will all be OK in the end.

Oh dear, bit of nationalist pique.

6 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

Oh dear, bit of nationalist pique.

Interesting that first you bleat then you bait. Your need to pigeon hole people says a lot.

Space Mackerel
2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I thought a third of SNP voters voted for Brexit anyway.

I believe that the percentage of voters in Scotland that would vote Remain in any 2nd referendum is at 68% now. 

3 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I believe that the percentage of voters in Scotland that would vote Remain in any 2nd referendum is at 68% now. 

But didn't a third of SNP voters ( the ones that understand what the word independence means ) vote for Brexit?

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

But didn't a third of SNP voters ( the ones that understand what the word independence means ) vote for Brexit?

All I know mate is that the latest indy polls put Yes at 47% now.

Onwards and upwards :P

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

You are gonna get a reputation as a question dodging shortbread munching make it up as you go along kinda guy.

Space Mackerel
Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

You are gonna get a reputation as a question dodging shortbread munching make it up as you go along kinda guy.

Better than dodging the actual facts :)

26 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

You are good at making up spacey facts. Or copying and pasting from Wings over Scotland.

3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I thought a third of SNP voters voted for Brexit anyway.

Only those with an "independent mind"......others just followed the leader.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 15:08, Space Mackerel said:

i see the health service isn't all that good after all, now that they've counted the figures up factually and it's actually pretty shit.

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, reaths17 said:

i see the health service isn't all that good after all, now that they've counted the figures up factually and it's actually pretty shit.

Hows your leaky wee aircraft carrier getting on? Fixed all your "snagging" work yet?

23 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Hows your leaky wee aircraft carrier getting on? Fixed all your "snagging" work yet?

I hope you don't mean the 'leaky wee aircraft carrier' which was built and assembled in Scotland at Scottish Shipyards on the Clyde & at Rosyth.

And I certainly hope you are not referring to the 'snagging works' on the Queensferry Crossing, a bridge which was built entirely during an SNP Government.

A couple of own goals there spacey, slagging off a Scottish Ship built at Scottish Shipyards and slagging off the problems with the bridge which an SNP Government oversaw.

Space Mackerel
21 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I hope you don't mean the 'leaky wee aircraft carrier' which was built and assembled in Scotland at Scottish Shipyards on the Clyde & at Rosyth.

And I certainly hope you are not referring to the 'snagging works' on the Queensferry Crossing, a bridge which was built entirely during an SNP Government.

A couple of own goals there spacey, slagging off a Scottish Ship built at Scottish Shipyards and slagging off the problems with the bridge which an SNP Government oversaw.

Aw naw, the SNP built they leaky wee aircraft carriers now :lol:

On 11/29/2017 at 21:01, deesidejambo said:

And the diddy Named Person law on it’s last legs.   

I have to say the named person thing needs to go.

26 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Aw naw, the SNP built they leaky wee aircraft carriers now :lol:

I didn't say that, but you knew that already.

But you carry on slagging off Scottish built Ships, just don't moan when in an Independent Scotland if we don't have any Shipyards left, because the World now knows that in Scottish Shipyards they build 'leaky wee aircraft carriers'.

On 08/12/2017 at 16:05, Space Mackerel said:

Er.   Not the latest I’m afraid.    Onwards and downwards?

Maroon Sailor

That's why there are sea trials.

One of many defects in that ship's future as she will be run in to the ground.

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

But you carry on slagging off Scottish built Ships, just don't moan when in an Independent Scotland if we don't have any Shipyards left, because the World now knows that in Scottish Shipyards they build 'leaky wee aircraft carriers'.

Did the SNP design the ship too? 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It doesnt matter anyway because it’s MOD policy that all Navy ships with a fighting capacity must be built in the UK anyway.   So in Indy Scotland no more shipbuilding.

So, Space Boy, quite a few years on kickback saying that indyref2 is happening, support for Yes is up, Brexit will sink the Union, Brexit will lead to a united Ireland, Brexit will bankrupt the UK.

Has any of this happened?

image.png.64a59dbcf9cd1446642b69d7a3c59046.png

image.thumb.png.83202950fb300bd4a1c2ff9a736ee58c.png

55 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Did the SNP design the ship too? 

You seem fixated that the SNP had something to do with the 'leaky wee aircraft carrier', as that is twice now that you have asked what the SNP had to do with it.

Well the SNP had nothing to do with the 'leaky wee aircraft carrier', as far as I'm aware, but I never said the SNP had anything to do with it to begin with, but you know that already.

What I said was that you were slagging off a Scottish built ship and along with it Scottish Shipbuilders, no doubts SNP supporters amongst the workforce.

But as you seem to be getting confused with what I did say, so let me remind you where I did mention the SNP.

That was when you asked how the 'snagging works' were coming along, and I asked are those the 'snagging works' on the Queensferry Crossing, you know that £1.3bn bridge paid for with public money and wholly constructed during the administration of an SNP Government.

That was the only mention I made about the SNP.

But you already knew that.

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That's why there are sea trials.

One of many defects in that ship's future as she will be run in to the ground.

Absolutely, I doubt there has ever been a ship built that didn't leak at some point in it's lifetime, that's maybe in part why they are equipped with pumps, there is a clue there.

The media have made a mountain out of a mole hill about this leak, in fact it's just plain old shit stirring from them IMO.

Space Mackerel
23 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

You seem fixated that the SNP had something to do with the 'leaky wee aircraft carrier', as that is twice now that you have asked what the SNP had to do with it.

Well the SNP had nothing to do with the 'leaky wee aircraft carrier', as far as I'm aware, but I never said the SNP had anything to do with it to begin with, but you know that already.

What I said was that you were slagging off a Scottish built ship and along with it Scottish Shipbuilders, no doubts SNP supporters amongst the workforce.

But as you seem to be getting confused with what I did say, so let me remind you where I did mention the SNP.

That was when you asked how the 'snagging works' were coming along, and I asked are those the 'snagging works' on the Queensferry Crossing, you know that £1.3bn bridge paid for with public money and wholly constructed during the administration of an SNP Government.

That was the only mention I made about the SNP.

Thatll be the bridge that’s fully operational during the day but possibly has restrictions at off peak hours?

Back to Reportung Scotland. :)

9961B6F6-EC36-4F25-9CE6-18D0C84C1D11.jpeg

Space Mackerel
19 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Absolutely, I doubt there has ever been a ship built that didn't leak at some point in it's lifetime, that's maybe in part why they are equipped with pumps, there is a clue there.

The media have made a mountain out of a mole hill about this leak, in fact it's just plain old shit stirring from them IMO.

:rofl: 

Ships are built to leak now! 

:rofl:

Edited by Space Mackerel

9 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Thatll be the bridge that’s fully operational during the day but possibly has restrictions at off peak hours?

That's the one, but did I mention that it was shut, I can't recall that I did or that there was even delays.

I'm sure you'll point out my post where I have.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

11 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Zoomed across it today at 70mph. No problem. 

Bloody disgrace!!!!

Space Mackerel
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Zoomed across it today at 70mph. No problem. 

Bloody disgrace!!!!

Same for me too yesterday, lifted off in 6th gear several times as I thought I was going slightly too fast. :)

Space Mackerel
11 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That's the one, but did I mention that it was shut, I can't recall that I did or that there was even delays.

I'm sure you'll point out my post where I have.

It’s alright, we have a spare bridge, just like yous will have a spare carrier soon if one sinks :lol:

19 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

It’s alright, we have a spare bridge, just like yous will have a spare carrier soon if one sinks :lol:

Just like yous, meaning?