Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Arnold Rothstein
Just now, Hunky Dory said:

When was the last time that someone offered an alternative viewpoint in support of the union that didn't center around SNP bad?  I'll engage with them when they come up, but I can count them on one hand since joining JKB.

You're proving my point more and more with every post.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Space Mackerel
6 minutes ago, Arnold Rothstein said:

You're proving my point more and more with every post.

I think you and your mate reaths are both in running for JKB Political Simpleton of the Year Award, 2017. 

Arnold Rothstein
Just now, Space Mackerel said:

I think you and your mate reaths are both in running for JKB Political Simpleton of the Year Award, 2017. 

Meaning you miss out on the hat-trick? That would be a shame.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Hunky Dory said:

Rather than respond with empty rhetoric, find me one alternative viewpoint that centers around a positive outlook for the union.

He cant do it, he appears every wee while with his empty nonsensical verbal assaults. Sarcasm and a bit of laughter is beyond his realms too. 

A brutal poster.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Hunky Dory said:

He can only play the man, but never the ball.

Hes a political and economical ignoramus. Best ignored. 

20 hours ago, jambo lodge said:

good to try and deflect. I use the bridge several times a week and it was/is clear that it was opened far too early for political reasons. 

Probably, but it's still trivial political point scoring on the snagging. 

The business hubs at Renfrew and Inchinnan  have had about the same highlights on BBC Scotland as the Hearts  pumping of Celtic. But the snagging has its own show. Pathetic.

Edited by ri Alban

21 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

If you have been allowed to pass on your genes then I feel genuinely sorry for "the wean".

What's up Ron, is she in your lodge.

15 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

It’s hardly any secret. Airframe $150m and $250m ready for ops. As you will know, that does not include through life costs. 

You’d better look for something else to deflect with. Nothing to see here. 

Right, so that's where the £350 is going. Not the NHS. Killing machines.

18 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Put money on it ? Nah, the tax man will be getting it

IndyRef2 ?

God help us !

We'll all be in Davy Jones's locker ...... still paying more tax than the rUK

More tax for better services and benefits, it makes sense. Lower corpy tax on a promise for full time jobs could be an option. More workers more tax. And you like unions,  just swap the UK for the EU, it's 10x bigger, it's a unionists wet dream.

Anyway, The UK can't take other folks stuff nowadays, they'd get sorted right out if they tried that shit again.

8 hours ago, Hunky Dory said:

When was the last time that someone offered an alternative viewpoint in support of the union that didn't center around SNP bad?  I'll engage with them when they come up, but I can count them on one hand since joining JKB.

Ok let me try one. 

A number of folk cited the currency uncertainty post Indy as one reason for voting No.

it was unclear whether it would be Pound, a new Scots Poond, or Euro.  

whereas in case of No it was clear.

Do you agree that this uncertainty is a valid reason which led to some not going for Yes?

jack D and coke
17 hours ago, Boris said:

I take it you mean time since the ambulance was called?  I think everyone would answer ASAP.

Waiting an hour and a half is an outrage, Any explaination as to why?

The SNP made it late quite obviously. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, deesidejambo said:

Ok let me try one. 

A number of folk cited the currency uncertainty post Indy as one reason for voting No.

it was unclear whether it would be Pound, a new Scots Poond, or Euro.  

whereas in case of No it was clear.

Do you agree that this uncertainty is a valid reason which led to some not going for Yes?

Add to this the fact they never explained why exactly they wanted out of one union only to rush headlong (assuming the EU even let Scotland join, even if they did it would have been completely under their conditions i.e. the Euro would have been the currency) into another union.

They never came close to explaining the cost of independence, although I think fat boy once said about £200m! 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Space Mackerel
19 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

You are surely not trying to justify or deflect from a 90 minute wait. That would really be quite low. 

Urgent because it was efkin freezin’. Ever heard of hypothermia. 

Cut ‘n paste - don’t judge everyone by your own standards. 

Lololololololol

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/dec/21/nhs-cancels-surgery-tens-of-thousands-avoid-winter-crisis

You were saying? 

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, Hunky Dory said:

1. Independence in EU = much more power than the limited ones we currently have.

2. Scotland would have been welcomed into the EU, it's clear now given the signals from Brussels.

3. Euro would have been our currency?  Just like the UK right now within the EU?

4. It could have been 200m, it could have been 2b.  You can't put a figure on such a subjective scenario.  The same is true with Brexit, it's near impossible to predict.  Any economist with their professional integrity in mind wouldn't go anywhere near predicting an exact amount.

Where do you get your information, genuine question?

Any new country joining the EU must have the Euro as its currency. What signals from Brussels? Salmond told us £200m and as for your laughable independence in the EU. Where do you get your information from? Wings I suspect.

33 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

No.  They must agree to introduce the Euro at some point, but in principle it may never happen.  Look in your wallet, what currency is there?  The UK has been part of the EU for generations, why are still using the pound if in your words, any country in the EU must have the Euro as its currency?  What about Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Sweden?

If you struggle to comprehend such a simple concept as that then there's no real point continuing a conversation with you.

Because the UK and Denmark are legally exempt from adopting the Euro, ever.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/050515/why-these-european-countries-dont-use-euro.asp

Poland

https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-economy-euro/euro-area/euro/eu-countries-and-euro/poland-and-euro_en

Romania

https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-economy-euro/euro-area/euro/eu-countries-and-euro/romania-and-euro_en

The rest of the countries you mention have all committed to join the Euro, as per their EU membership conditions, however before they do so they have to meet certain conditions before they can be put in the so called 'Euro waiting room' to adopt the Euro, however it is widely speculated that many if not all will continue to not meet those conditions so as to not adopt the Euro for as long as they possibly can.

In saying all that the EU could, if it desired, lower the conditions which you need to meet, which in turn could force these countries to adopt the Euro.

3 hours ago, Hunky Dory said:

No.  They must agree to introduce the Euro at some point, but in principle it may never happen.  Look in your wallet, what currency is there?  The UK has been part of the EU for generations, why are still using the pound if in your words, any country in the EU must have the Euro as its currency?  What about Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Sweden?

If you struggle to comprehend such a simple concept as that then there's no real point continuing a conversation with you.

The Lisbon criteria for membership now requires working towards Euro membership.

What I'd argue is an independent Scotland  (now Brexit has happened) would be best sucking it up and joining the Euro.

Not ideal but better than the alternatives.

Thunderstruck
On 21/12/2017 at 21:09, Hunky Dory said:

You come across as a smart individual on occasion TS, what lets you down is your blind political bias which borders on ignorance at times.

Someone fell over and waited 90 minutes for an ambulance is shocking, however you accepted that you did not know the context.  In any situation, it is not best to obtain facts and apply an analysis before forming an opinion?  The internet is full of individual's snowballing stories without understanding them first, there's no accountability when they get things wrong and the practice is rife.

Sometimes it pays to heed your own advice.

It was Conan-Doyle who said, via Holmes that “It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts”.

Despite almost getting the quote, you jump in assuming that this is something that I heard of in the passing. However...

You don’t know who was assisting (or how I know that person).

You don’t know his/her level of medical training and experience.

You don’t know what dialogue took place between those at the scene and the emergency services. 

You seemingly don’t know that waiting an turnaround times have been growing for some time nor do you know the reasons for this. 

That’s a number of “don’t knows” or, to put it another way, ignorance. 

You could have asked how I knew of the incident but instead you made up your mind based on prejudice. I have a different view on independence and the SNP and so, in your narrow view, I am automatically wrong or biased which, given the tone of your post, is more than a little sanctimonious. 

Google “Scottish Ambulance Service morale” and get yourself up-to-date with the current state of affairs. This event being another symptom of declining levels of service. 

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Sometimes it pays to heed your own advice.

It was Conan-Doyle who said, via Holmes that “It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts”.

Despite almost getting the quote, you jump in assuming that this is something that I heard of in the passing. However...

You don’t know who was assisting (or how I know that person).

You don’t know his/her level of medical training and experience.

You don’t know what dialogue took place between those at the scene and the emergency services. 

You seemingly don’t know that waiting an turnaround times have been growing for some time nor do you know the reasons for this. 

That’s a number of “don’t knows” or, to put it another way, ignorance. 

You could have asked how I knew of the incident but instead you made up your mind based on prejudice. I have a different view on independence and the SNP and so, in your narrow view, I am automatically wrong or biased which, given the tone of your post, is more than a little sanctimonious. 

Google “Scottish Ambulance Service morale” and get yourself up-to-date with the current state of affairs. This event being another symptom of declining levels of service. 

“Google” again :lol:

My mate Jim is a retired paramedic, he says you haven’t a clue after showing him this today. :)

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, Hunky Dory said:

Your last sentence sums up the typical separatist beautifully.  oh and if it's not, as you seem to think, compulsory to adopt the Euro, what currency would a "give me freedum" Scotland be using in its stead?

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Your last sentence sums up the typical separatist beautifully.  oh and if it's not, as you seem to think, compulsory to adopt the Euro, what currency would a "give me freedum" Scotland be using in its stead?

This gets back to my original point.

its not necessarily which currency is best suited, its more the fact that nobody knew which one it would be.   Uncertainty breeds caution hence potential No vote, so next time round a clear currency choice needs to be made.

i suspect however that the Euro may put many potential Yes voters off.   So the Yes camp may be stuck with going with the pound and the reliance on rUK central bank policy. 

Imo

9 hours ago, Hunky Dory said:

You should have directed that towards Seymour, he has difficulties in understanding an apparent compulsory adoption of the Euro as a currency.

Well you asked the question why the UK hadn't adopted the Euro, so that's why I replied to you.

Seymour is correct that every country which joins the EU has to sign-up to adopt the Euro, just because they haven't met the criteria set out by the EU yet, doesn't mean that the countries which are stalling on using the Euro will never need to adopt the Euro, indeed it is probably within the EU's gift to insist that they do so, if or when the EU deems fit.

Only the UK & Denmark out of the 28 EU countries are legally exempt, everyone else does/could/will use the Euro at some stage.

Space Mackerel
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Well you asked the question why the UK hadn't adopted the Euro, so that's why I replied to you.

Seymour is correct that every country which joins the EU has to sign-up to adopt the Euro, just because they haven't met the criteria set out by the EU yet, doesn't mean that the countries which are stalling on using the Euro will never need to adopt the Euro, indeed it is probably within the EU's gift to insist that they do so, if or when the EU deems fit.

Only the UK & Denmark out of the 28 EU countries are legally exempt, everyone else does/could/will use the Euro at some stage.

Funny how all these countries using the Euro right now are streets ahead of the UK now in the GDP growth league? 

56 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Funny how all these countries using the Euro right now are streets ahead of the UK now in the GDP growth league? 

And where did economic performance come into the conversation?

The question at hand was why the UK and other countries were not using the Euro and whether or not all countries who join the EU have to use the Euro, such as an Independent Scotland.

So let me ask you this, what currency would Scotland use if it became an Independent country bearing in mind that the Scottish Government have stated time and time again that it would apply to join the EU the day after or very shortly after Independence?

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

3 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

So based on your post - you are supportive of the Euro post Indy? 

Edited by deesidejambo

Maroon Sailor
13 minutes ago, deesidejambo said:

So based on your post - you are supportive of the Euro post Indy? 

He's a brainwashed robot and is supportive of whatever his leader wants or what is on Wings over Sturgeon.

31 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He's a brainwashed robot and is supportive of whatever his leader wants or what is on Wings over Sturgeon.

Indeed as was shown on the Budget debate he won’t state his opinions or preference until the SNP announced it then of course he supported them.  Sycophancy in practice.

but he is good at low IQ stuff like smileys and tick-tock trolling.    

19 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Because the UK and Denmark are legally exempt from adopting the Euro, ever.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/050515/why-these-european-countries-dont-use-euro.asp

Poland

https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-economy-euro/euro-area/euro/eu-countries-and-euro/poland-and-euro_en

Romania

https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-economy-euro/euro-area/euro/eu-countries-and-euro/romania-and-euro_en

The rest of the countries you mention have all committed to join the Euro, as per their EU membership conditions, however before they do so they have to meet certain conditions before they can be put in the so called 'Euro waiting room' to adopt the Euro, however it is widely speculated that many if not all will continue to not meet those conditions so as to not adopt the Euro for as long as they possibly can.

In saying all that the EU could, if it desired, lower the conditions which you need to meet, which in turn could force these countries to adopt the Euro.

Every member commits to the Euro, you just have to delay it, forever if necessary.

5 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Swings and roundabouts. I don't think the EU is the holy grail, but a good relationship is essential.  Independence with our own Pound/Dollar/Spondolics propped up by a strong economy and the people of Scotland united with Governments backed by the opposition, but also held to account. We've everything we need, we just need to activate it. It's the right time with Brexit. This allows the countries of the UK to reset things before moving forward.

2 hours ago, deesidejambo said:

Indeed as was shown on the Budget debate he won’t state his opinions or preference until the SNP announced it then of course he supported them.  Sycophancy in practice.

but he is good at low IQ stuff like smileys and tick-tock trolling.    

I caught a headline about The army and the new tax system implemented by the SNP. Any info?

Yes I've heard of google, but still.

17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Every member commits to the Euro, you just have to delay it, forever if necessary.

And if the EU decides to relax the criteria for adopting the Euro, which it's perfectly within it's rights and powers to do so.

There would be nothing any of the Countries which are stalling could do about it, if or when the EU declares that all countries within the EU as part of their entry agreement and which they all signed up to, will adopt the Euro from X date.

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And if the EU decides to relax the criteria for adopting the Euro, which it's perfectly within it's rights and powers to do so.

There would be nothing any of the Countries which are stalling could do about it, if or when the EU declares that all countries within the EU as part of their entry agreement and which they all signed up to, will adopt the Euro from X date.

I'd rather we kept our own currency or Sterling for a interim period until it's established. We have to control our own destiny, not rely on the bank if England/Berlin taking us on a merry dance that suits them but decks us. We can  use our oil to bolster our economy and currency.

I feel we have some of the most intelligent and dynamic people that could push Scotland onto great things. 

It's probably better to stay out of any union as we're quite a small population who are dwarfed by both England and the EU. We need to focus on ourselves with trading alliances with similar countries like Ireland and Norway. EFTA  would be good as we need a population transplant and the movement of people  with The UK and EU makes sense. 

I've plenty of ideas running about my head some shite some pish and some good. Sorry but I feel we need to decide our own future from now on. Its not anti English or European, it's pro Scotland whomever lives here.

Sorry for the rant.

26 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Relax? Did you mean the opposite?

8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Relax? Did you mean the opposite?

No, there is a criteria which countries have to meet, before they can join the Euro, and many choose not to meet that criteria, and so avoid adopting the Euro.

However there is nothing to say that the EU can't decide to relax or scrap that Euro entry criteria, thus meaning every country has to adopt the Euro, no excuses anymore and no exceptions.

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

No, there is a criteria which countries have to meet, before they can join the Euro, and many choose not to meet that criteria, and so avoid adopting the Euro.

However there is nothing to say that the EU can't decide to relax or scrap that Euro entry criteria, thus meaning every country has to adopt the Euro, no excuses anymore and no exceptions.

Ok sorry, I thought you meant more militant.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Which means that every member would have to join, whether they wanted to or not. 3 countries have historic exemptions, the UK, Denmark and Sweden. The Euro suits one country and one country only. The Euro was and is an absolutely ridiculous idea and should never have been created in the first place, impoverishing Southern Europe to Germany’s benefit.

12 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Which means that every member would have to join, whether they wanted to or not. 3 countries have historic exemptions, the UK, Denmark and Sweden. The Euro suits one country and one country only. The Euro was and is an absolutely ridiculous idea and should never have been created in the first place, impoverishing Southern Europe to Germany’s benefit.

Does that not apply to all the biggest nations in union. The pound for example. Empoverishing Scotland and Wales to the benefit of England.

32 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Does that not apply to all the biggest nations in union. The pound for example. Empoverishing Scotland and Wales to the benefit of England.

So which currency do you want Indy Scotland to have?

9 minutes ago, deesidejambo said:

The Euro?

The Pound or Dollar or any name we choose/chose, as long as it's independent from sundrig. We have the tools to prop up our own currency. We will need a transition from sterling tho, which is exactly what the Irish had. 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

The Pound or Dollar or any name we choose/chose, as long as it's independent from sundrig. We have the tools to prop up our own currency. We will need a transition from sterling tho, which is exactly what the Irish had. 

So your preference is an Indy currency and Spacey goes with the Euro.   Fight!!!!!

1 minute ago, deesidejambo said:

So your preference is an Indy currency and Spacey goes with the Euro.   Fight!!!!!

You need your own currency, the pound thing was just interim, but  Alex took the bait on this and become a bit stubborn, you know like you and I, a typical Scotsman.

20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You need your own currency, the pound thing was just interim, but  Alex took the bait on this and become a bit stubborn, you know like you and I, a typical Scotsman.

They just said whatever they thought would win them a few more grubby votes. They hadn't thought anything through and still haven't. They don't give the slightest shite about Scotland or its people.

First the pound was an albatross round Scotland's neck, then it was "Scotland's pound!", now that didn't quite fly so it's the next bullshit.

Scotland's Parliament:

image.png.30b1dd2abce306786afa3d4871ec276e.png

Merry Christmas, aussieh.

5 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

They just said whatever they thought would win them a few more grubby votes. They hadn't thought anything through and still haven't. They don't give the slightest shite about Scotland or its people.

First the pound was an albatross round Scotland's neck, then it was "Scotland's pound!", now that didn't quite fly so it's the next bullshit.

Scotland's Parliament:

image.png.30b1dd2abce306786afa3d4871ec276e.png

Merry Christmas, aussieh.

In what way do they not give a shite about Scotland? And you'll need to educate me in the love the above gives to Scotland.

I see the good Pro Indy folk won again in Catalunya. Is Rajoy in jail yet.

Edited by ri Alban

• 3 months later...
jambo lodge

So missed this thread. I note that the FM is back from her holiday/jaunt to China and immediately whinges about the Government attacking Syria. Seemingly Theresa should have asked parliament for their views , aye that would have been informative. Nice to note that after spending £500k she can now move out of her rented house and back into Bute House and the comfort she deserves.  

Bazzas right boot

I don't think Scotland could make it as a country TBH.

We have no infrastructure for it.

How would we finance it? 

Oil rich countries with plenty or natural resources such as water, gas and wind often struggle. Not to mention the burden of the tourism, farming,  forestry and the  Gin/ Whiskey trade put on us. How can we cope?

Countries with such burdens are failing all the time and wanting to merge with their bigger Neighbours. Even country's that don't have these burdens  are always asking to come back.

I think every country that has left the "empire" has begged several times to re join, Ireland are well known to be banging at the door, The Czech's are just asking for another German Invasion and the Poles are spoilt for choice between becoming part of Russia or Germany- Spoilt they are. Russia is always getting begged back to take back it's former territories and Norway just want Sweden and Denmark to join them do they can become the United Kingdom of Scandavia then get told by Russia what to do.

Not only that, who wants a fair state pension in line with the rest of the developed world and free health care funded through a fair tax system, that shit just keeps the old and poor alive- Middle class and rich folk never use the NHS or council services. Waste of money. No middle class folk every get any Health issues. 

Much better to throw money away to Monarchs, political Bribes, tax breaks and bailing out private companies and banks and of course bombing other countries back to the 1800's. 

And the EU is for nancy's- who wants free movement , peace and a general ethos of working together, the 1900's - 1950's then the cold war was much more fun.  Don't get me started on holiday leave, maternity leave, discrimination acts, working hours regulations and all that stuff, it's for poncies- Who need human rights, again that just keeps the poor, old and disabled alive as well as these jumped up women in suits along with the Gays. Much better when Children worked at 9 years old, women couldn't work and miners and factory workers were dieing while working. The good ol' days If I remember correctly.

And the best part of all, who wants the folk of Scotland to decide the future of their own country, no matter what it is- we are far too stupid for that, it's much better being told what to do. Takes another hassle of our hands just like what to do with our resources and people, why think for yourself when you can simple be told what to do. It's the 

:leveinnaturalorder:

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

shaun.lawson
On 12/23/2017 at 05:19, deesidejambo said:

i suspect however that the Euro may put many potential Yes voters off.   So the Yes camp may be stuck with going with the pound and the reliance on rUK central bank policy. 

Yup. 

If an independent Scotland was part of a currency union with the rest of the UK, it would not be independent. It would be ****ed.

If an independent Scotland seeks to join the EU, the EU is extremely likely to insist on its adoption of the euro as a condition of entry. So it'd be ****ed there too.

The only apparent solution for Scotland is its own currency. But that's no solution either, given it's highly likely to be forced to give it up if it wants to be part of the EU.

deesidejambo

So Sturgeon didn’t support air strikes as they are an escalation?   Instead of criticising May she should elaborate what action, if any, should have been taken.