Aberdeen's new stadium...

Buffalo Bill

upgotheheads

It's a good thing that Hearts are looking at the options but this might be a negotiating position by Hearts. The facilities at Riccarton sound like they would be hard to replicate.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It's a good thing that Hearts are looking at the options but this might be a negotiating position by Hearts. The facilities at Riccarton sound like they would be hard to replicate.

that is why I think we might be looking to build our own one next to or as a part of the Oriam because that way we can have our own facilities that are exclusively ours but share some resources with them 

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

that is why I think we might be looking to build our own one next to or as a part of the Oriam because that way we can have our own facilities that are exclusively ours but share some resources with them 

Expanded facilities at Oriam could be good for everyone. Real shame Robinson didn't take the opportunity to become part owners. 

kingantti1874
5 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-61236250

Thermals at the ready, this is almost on the North Sea

Beach plans

by the time this is built the world will behave warmed to such a degree that polar bears will have evolved sunglasses and Aberdeen will be warmer than cancun. 

never ever happening

Sunshine, blue sea and a sandy beach, more likely in Abredeen than that stadium getting built :lol: 

Nookie Bear
12 hours ago, Armageddon said:

That V shaped walkway won’t happen, it’ll get smashed to pieces up there.

Beats the Bridge of Doom, that's for sure :lol:

If it does go ahead, I suspect it will be something akin to a larger Tony Macaroni arena, as opposed to these far fetched cartoons they have published.

On 27/04/2022 at 12:45, The Frenchman Returns said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-61236250

Thermals at the ready, this is almost on the North Sea

Beach plans

:lol: they do realise they'd be building that next to the North Sea and not somewhere on the coast of the Mediterranean? 

Edited by DG_HMFC

In 50 years time, they might be able to switch to Water Polo instead of football.

• 3 weeks later...
IveSeenTheLight
On 20/04/2022 at 21:27, 1971fozzy said:

They are as well biting the bullet and sharing with ICT

just where is @IveSeenTheLight ??? Come on our wee lamb. Where are you ?

I’m here, I just responded to one of your other posts

IveSeenTheLight
On 20/04/2022 at 23:46, 1971fozzy said:

Just watched Cormacks hour long interview with Graham Hunter (YouTube).

OMG. They’ve sold 6,500 STs so far for next season …..but…. They sell under 16’s at £24 !!!

most ST they have ever sold is 9,000 in their history.

he looks a ghost. The weight of the world on his shoulders . 

The money they spunk on wages is mental given what they bring in. I’d hate to be in his shoes. So much riding on next season and in particular Goodwin

@IveSeenTheLight care to comment ?

Comment on what? That your facts are wrong? 🤣

IveSeenTheLight
On 25/04/2022 at 23:58, hughesie27 said:

Any bricks been put down yet?

No.

Shit happened in case you weren’t aware 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
The Old Tolbooth

A 15k all seated stadium would be big enough for them, can't be exactly inspiring playing in front of less than 50% of their capacity most weeks, their home support is embarrassing. 

Nelly Terraces
2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

A 15k all seated stadium would be big enough for them, can't be exactly inspiring playing in front of less than 50% of their capacity most weeks, their home support is embarrassing. 

This will be the best stadium in the Championship once it's finished as Laugherdeen are only going in one direction as a club, & that's downwards.

12 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Did they not just build a new training ground some where else

They did. Hearts Chief Executive visited it recently saying it cost £14 million. It's at the site of the original new stadium proposal.

20220527_095920.jpg

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

They did. Hearts Chief Executive visited it recently saying it cost £14 million. It's at the site of the original new stadium proposal.

20220527_095920.jpg

that is what I thought so why are they wanting a nother one at the beach

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

that is what I thought so why are they wanting a nother one at the beach

They can't afford the original site and the Council want stadium to be part of new central beach development. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

They can't afford the original site and the Council want stadium to be part of new central beach development. 

Yes but surely they are not going to just abandon a training centre that has only just opened so why build a new one at the beach the stadium I get

I hope if we are building our own it is nothing like Aberdeens! Where on earth did they spend the 14 million? 
other than a 2 Astro pitches and 2 grass pitches with a bungalow and a couple co gainers to store cones and goals there is nothing there. Certainly not the standard I hope we would be aiming for! 

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes but surely they are not going to just abandon a training centre that has only just opened so why build a new one at the beach the stadium I get

It could be a small area (say a couple of pitches) where they could do some extra training as well as the original. But it is an odd one what he says, unless he means in 5 years they will have a new stadium as well as their current training ground which is newish.

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It could be a small area (say a couple of pitches) where they could do some extra training as well as the original. But it is an odd one what he says, unless he means in 5 years they will have a new stadium as well as their current training ground which is newish.

Yeah could be that I do tend to find this guy a bit of a Jackonory merchant though

I assume he means they will have a new stadium as well as their existing training facility - I find it highly unlikely that training facilities will be included in any beach plan for the city and I find it highly unlikely that AFC would be considering building a new facility after spending £14m on their existing one.

Voice of reason
5 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

I hope if we are building our own it is nothing like Aberdeens! Where on earth did they spend the 14 million? 
other than a 2 Astro pitches and 2 grass pitches with a bungalow and a couple co gainers to store cones and goals there is nothing there. Certainly not the standard I hope we would be aiming for! 

Agreed - it’s really disappointing for the outlay. Even the farm at East Mains is better. I think the problem though is we are all comparing everything to Oriam which would cost £50m in today’s money. No one in Scotland is building anything that impressive. I do think we should be trying to add our own bit to Oriam than start from scratch if at all possible.

Bungalow Bill
28 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

I imagine a fair chunk of the £14 million went on acquiring the land. 

jamboinglasgow
16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yeah could be that I do tend to find this guy a bit of a Jackonory merchant though

Would agree with you. Everytime he speaks to the media, it comes across that Aberdeen are always on the brink of amazing things despite all evidence otherwise.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Would agree with you. Everytime he speaks to the media, it comes across that Aberdeen are always on the brink of amazing things despite all evidence otherwise.

Totally complete Lyle Lanley stuff  

Randy Marsh

Just think what Europa/Conference group stage participation could have done for those financies.  How sad.:jjyay:

Edited by Randy Marsh

buzzbomb1958

This statement must be for sheep fans of 10 years and under cos all the rest will have popped their clogs by the time they build anything 

PapaShango

I don't think they even have any indoor pitches at their training ground. It's a must have for when the weather is poor and you need a full sized pitch to train on. 

14 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I don't think they even have any indoor pitches at their training ground. It's a must have for when the weather is poor and you need a full sized pitch to train on. 

I think the weather is always brilliant in Aberdeen though ................................... 😄 

kingantti1874

How  are Aberdeen council , a city in terminal decline! Going to fund a new waterfront development.  Never mind part fund a stadium.

It’s a fantasy.  Will never happen

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

How  are Aberdeen council , a city in terminal decline! Going to fund a new waterfront development.  Never mind part fund a stadium.

It’s a fantasy.  Will never happen

Aberdeen have a regional city deal (an agreement between UK and Scottish government to invest £250m) and that will be used for various projects. Aberdeen Council may see the redevelopment of the waterfront as a means of helping the city and bring in investment, so could use some of the regional city deal money to fund it.

Aberdeen still need to fund this including the 'feasibility study' preparatory work before a brick is laid. 

Council just providing the site so presumably there is a saving on land.

Though Aberdeen may already have paid for the other site given the training ground is built. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Abiola Dauda
3 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

Land costs

kingantti1874
40 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Aberdeen have a regional city deal (an agreement between UK and Scottish government to invest £250m) and that will be used for various projects. Aberdeen Council may see the redevelopment of the waterfront as a means of helping the city and bring in investment, so could use some of the regional city deal money to fund it.

Another pointless waste of cash. There will be no investment, there will be no tourism ! Aberdeen is on the fast track to going back to the fishing town it used to be without oil.  

personally, I’d be massively irritated if a single cent of my tax paying cash went or help AFC. 

I’d be amazed if anything is built to be honest. Pittodrie is a joke admittedly but surely they could just rebuild the 3 stands like what they have at Livingston or St Johnstone 🤷🏻‍♂️  Would only cost them a few million and suit their average attendances etc.

Pie in the sky stuff from the comedian owner that’s for sure. Entertaining though 

Edited by 1971fozzy

• 4 weeks later...
kingantti1874

Aberdeen city council reviewing all building project due to spiralling costs - which includes the beach development / and stadium.  😂

who would have thought eh! 

never happening 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Aberdeen city council reviewing all building project due to spiralling costs - which includes the beach development / and stadium.  😂

who would have thought eh! 

never happening 

yes I read that 🤣 the sooner they realise they are staying in their dilapidated minging shitehole the better. New stadium is never happening. 

Unknown user
On 27/05/2022 at 18:35, 1971fozzy said:

I’d be amazed if anything is built to be honest. Pittodrie is a joke admittedly but surely they could just rebuild the 3 stands like what they have at Livingston or St Johnstone 🤷🏻‍♂️  Would only cost them a few million and suit their average attendances etc.

Pie in the sky stuff from the comedian owner that’s for sure. Entertaining though 

"A few million" - costs have gone mental, and keep in mind our main stand alone cost 20m+

8 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

yes I read that 🤣 the sooner they realise they are staying in their dilapidated minging shitehole the better. New stadium is never happening. 

It's actually a dilapidated minging shitehole in a dilapidated minging shitehole.

Mr Elwood P
Just now, stuart500 said:

It's actually a dilapidated minging shitehole in a dilapidated minging shitehole.

Kinda ming inception...