New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Obua, hang in there bud. Unfortunately there are knob heads out there making stupid remarks. The rest of us massively respect and appreciate the input from yourself and Thomaso. If I ever meet you I promise I will buy you a beer. Keep the info coming.

Dinnae but him a beer this week, he's busy.

A lot of people (disabled, hospitality guests, media, players families, directors and other club officials) will not be entering through the turnstyles of the main stand. You can probably lob 800-1,000 people off whatever maths people are using to calculate flow rates.

Edited by Disco Dave

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

Correct.

You should pen a wee letter to the Scottish Parliament complaining about it.

Or perhaps an angry unintelligible letter ranting to the Lithuanian Government should that fail. 

26 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

A lot of people (disabled, hospitality guests, media, players families, directors and other club officials) will not be entering through the turnstyles of the main stand. You can probably lob 800-1,000 people off whatever maths people are using to calculate flow rates.

6000÷20=300 people

300÷6 seconds each =30 mins to get everone through.

Absolutely fine.

Edited by neiljb

53 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Dinnae but him a beer this week, he's busy.

Probably jetting of to the sun as soon as this is finished. The amount of overtime should pay for a nice trip abroad.

9 hours ago, jambobob61 said:

Someone quoted 660 per hr I think, that is 1 every 5 seconds, if you remember someone pushing you from behind every weekend every 5 seconds you have a different life from me!

Public School?

31 minutes ago, frodoker said:

ll23472380_10155345212092917_417392125158023518857_10155345212142917_259348164372223376611_10155345212252917_888075771529123472029_10155345212332917_470408503403223472922_10155345212512917_321695758981523380321_10155345212672917_405223948567323559385_10155345212752917_610523449379023472937_10155345212937917_462968004887123435268_10155345213157917_812864035593023131641_10155345211672917_699194466709823517943_10155345211802917_158208417384323472370_10155345211887917_8824525271089

Lots of work going on yesterday looks really good !!!

Were you up on the roof of the Stand at Murrayfield yesterday? I was at the game and saw about four or five people up on the roof and wondered what they were up to. Thought it was maybe something to do with the camera's.

15 hours ago, luckydug said:

I suppose if the relevant safety certificates are not forthcoming we would have to ask SFA and Partick for permission to rearrange the game.

Knowing the SFA failure to host the fixture would result in a fine or worse.

And deduction of 3 points if they can knowing them.:thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Were you up on the roof of the Stand at Murrayfield yesterday? I was at the game and saw about four or five people up on the roof and wondered what they were up to. Thought it was maybe something to do with the camera's.

Afraid not, just in the cheap seats !! Cracking views of Edinburgh though

1 hour ago, onwards and upwards said:

Just wondering if all the interiors, ie furnishings, carpets etc are being done by local businesses. HHGH.

Are you asking if the floors are hardwood, hardwood, glorious hardwood?

The Future's Maroon
12 hours ago, jambobob61 said:

Have a look and 5 turnstyles plus exit gate were on the original plan and are therefore missing! Might just mathematically have an impact, just saying!

This is more referring to your wonderful mathematical guess work earlier.....Have you been through the railway barriers in recent years, does that take about 15seconds (longer for oap's) per person? Naw, it takes seconds and I will assume the automatic turnstiles won't be far behind those.

12 hours ago, jambobob61 said:

For a safety certificate there will be basic standards required (I know not what which is why I have asked for weeks), I am sure that is well in hand, but any deficiency will be a risk and guessing is not good enough at this stage. Assuming EDC inspectors work 9-5 and M-F we (WE!) are running very tight, fact. Saturday may be too late?

Basic standards required? It's a little more than that when Building Regulations are involved, this is a major development not someone sticking some shelves up in a bathroom.

EDC inspectors - I am guessing you mean The City of Edinburgh Council Building Control Officers....I can assure you they do not work 9-5 m-f, they are working longer hours at the moment, and especially the ones involved in major developments around the City. A little inside info for you....the Building Control Officers don't just visit the site at the end of the project to say yae or nae, they visit the site a lot more throughout the build...they were there last week, with another couple of visits scheduled this coming week I believe.

But of course don't allow any of that to stop you hunting for negatives to bash the club over. I won't go as far as to accuse you of not being a Jambo, but I can see why some others do.

onwards and upwards
2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Are you asking if the floors are hardwood, hardwood, glorious hardwood?

HHGH,  I'm sure it will all be good. Simply asking if local businesses doing the business.  ⛏??

3 hours ago, frodoker said:

Afraid not, just in the cheap seats !! Cracking views of Edinburgh though

I wish I had been up there with you, I was in row c on the bottom tier and in a corner, really crap seat, flat perspective made worse by having a TV camera and operative, 2 banks of loudspeakers, 6 press photographers and various other bits of crap blocking my view, never going that low down again.

Lucille's Thirsty
16 hours ago, jambobob61 said:

It is up to the polis and council if perimeter security is sufficient not guesswork and sticking plasters, but the 'fact' 2 months after the 1st missed deadline the perimeter is still not secure is somewhat indicative of poor project management, e.g. should bespoke joiners be fitting out the Directors suite today or might it be more important to have the pitch and stadium perimeters properly secure/ their vans were parked all over where the new fences/ gates should be? It beggars belief anyone could actually say and mean it, "why would perimeter security be a problem", honestly!

You don't need to count turnstyles, but divide 7,000 (???) by the new 20 and you get 350 each, give 15 seconds to get through (more for grandad) and you need 1 1/2 hrs to let everyone in, who arrives 1 1/2 hrs early. It aint rocket science. Try 3,000 (????) away fans getting through 6 turnstyles! Tight does not adequately express it.

Lastly tell the guys with pointless flights and hotels previously booked they had plenty notice!

From not getting at you I seem to be now!

Your right, I do pay my money, happily honestly, but am left feeling a bit overlooked/ ignored/ taken for granted by the powers that be!

When I pay my money there are no strings attached to it. I do it for the love of the club the good of the club off the field I feel we are envied but on it we’ve gone backwards.  All of this nonsense about being taken advantage, you can pull out at any time mate.  Thousands of Jambos are putting money in willingly knowing that it will be used in the right fashion which wasn’t always the case under previous owners.

We’ve got a terrific owner IMO. On the field we are quite dogshite. But with all of the improvements off the park, keeping our eye on the ball on the field has been sorely lacking.

Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

17 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I wish I had been up there with you, I was in row c on the bottom tier and in a corner, really crap seat, flat perspective made worse by having a TV camera and operative, 2 banks of loudspeakers, 6 press photographers and various other bits of crap blocking my view, never going that low down again.

You should’ve taken a picture and passed it on to Marathonbet.

Apparently they’ve got a department for that sort of thing. 

Fxxx the SPFL
12 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

When I pay my money there are no strings attached to it. I do it for the love of the club the good of the club off the field I feel we are envied but on it we’ve gone backwards.  All of this nonsense about being taken advantage, you can pull out at any time mate.  Thousands of Jambos are putting money in willingly knowing that it will be used in the right fashion which wasn’t always the case under previous owners.

We’ve got a terrific owner IMO. On the field we are quite dogshite. But with all of the improvements off the park, keeping our eye on the ball on the field has been sorely lacking.

Brilliant post couldn't have put it better myself too many hobbits trolls and negative arseholes on what should be a positive thread 

avhudtheteeshirt
26 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Was reading and was abut to burst into song, the last line being " A Partridge in a pear tree"!!!!

6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I am prone to reading partyplanners megathread on the new stand.  What is plain as am overview Is how much they hate the Federation of Hearts.  I think it is critical that we have a presentation of yet another £million at as many home derbies as possible.

Their feeble attacks are that budgie is conning us and pocketing all the money.  Comparison with their dismal ownership scheme HSL is never offered.

They are dripping with envy at the new stand as proved by the giganticness of their thread.

Morons.

They say Budgie conning us !!!

the hobos just need to look at themselves in how they are being conned with their HSL Poznan Scheme where £500,000 a year goes to the Farmer !!!

22 hours ago, rick witter said:

30,000 aye ok mate we only got 32,000 at Murrayfield with 14,000 away fans. 

it was 14,000 away fans your quite correct. Personally I don't care as long as they are paying at least £25 a ticket.mentioned in a previous post that this is an extra £350,000 (approx) per season. It's actually £350,000 extra per game. Considering we could expect at least 6 games with attendances of 30,000, that equates to £2,100,000 per-season. A lot of extra revenue which could be reinvested into the club.Very rough figures I know but Edinburgh is a rapidly growing city which is expected to overtake Glasgow in population by 2037, only 20 years away. I still maintain we need a much bigger capacity than 20,000.

Holyrood_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

it was 14,000 away fans your quite correct. Personally I don't care as long as they are paying at least £25 a ticket.mentioned in a previous post that this is an extra £350,000 (approx) per season. It's actually £350,000 extra per game. Considering we could expect at least 6 games with attendances of 30,000, that equates to £2,100,000 per-season. A lot of extra revenue which could be reinvested into the club.Very rough figures I know but Edinburgh is a rapidly growing city which is expected to overtake Glasgow in population by 2037, only 20 years away. I still maintain we need a much bigger capacity than 20,000.

Can I ask, where would you put the 10,000 extra seats to take us to 30,000? 

Lucille's Thirsty

30,000? :lol:

20,000 - 22,000 is the right amount for a club of our size and in a terrible football league as is the SPFL.

The fact that we attract 16K at home most weeks to watch mediocre football where the league is won before a ball is even kicked, we should be applauded.

22 hours ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I'd rather Hearts brought in a bit less money than have thousands more away fans traipsing through Gorgie every time we play Rangers or Celtic.

It actually sickens me that our team has been so poor in the last 12 months, that we're probably going to have to hand over the entire Roseburn for these games.

I would hope the club try to sell tickets to home supporters first before announcing what allocation the away fans get?

Struggle to see why Hearts fans care what that lot have to say on the new stand, the facts are

We couldn’t satisfy demand due to previous capacity, now we can which will in time equate to larger budget for playing side.

One of the most state-of-the-art stands in Scottish football with impressive hospitality offering, again providing additional revenue.

Tynecastle was already regarded as one of the most atmospheric grounds by opposition fans and players, that will be even more the case now the stadium is complete.

The FoH are contributing £1.4mil a year to the club which is additional revenue to help the club grow.

Their opinions on how long it has took to complete, the type of glass used on exterior etc are irrelevant. The whole project is a huge step forward for us as a club with many long term benefits and they know it regardless of the pettiness they are spouting.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

7 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Struggle to see why Hearts fans care what that lot have to say on the new stand, the facts are

We couldn’t satisfy demand due to previous capacity, now we can which will in time equate to larger budget for playing side.

One of the most state-of-the-art stands in Scottish football with impressive hospitality offering, again providing additional revenue.

Tynecastle was already regarded as one of the most atmospheric grounds by opposition fans and players, that will be even more the case now the stadium is complete.

The FoH are contributing £1.4mil a year to the club which is additional revenue to help the club grow.

Their opinions on how long it has took to complete, the type of glass used on exterior etc are irrelevant. The whole project is a huge step forward for us as a club with many long term benefits and they know it regardless of the pettiness they are spouting.

It's desperate stuff over there. They post pics that are of little more than a building site, then all have a "laugh" because "look, look, there's wires hingin oot, ken". 

I wonder if Spurs' forums had a similar thread on the Emirates or if Arsenal's have one on the go about the WHL redevelopment. Or have they, as we have whenever Hibs have modernised ER, completely ignored it because they couldn't give a monkey's chuff?

The Hibby obsession with the old stand and it's replacement is borderline sinister. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
2 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

The Cornurz, probs

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, jambo-fletch said:

Does anyone have any idea on what our full capacity will be once the stand has been completed?

Planning application was for 20,099 capacity, but they won’t all ever be sold so our maximum attendance will probably be around 19,800 (my guess, nothing official) for games where we give the whole Roseburn to the opposition, about  19,500 for games we give them only two sections

16 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Planning application was for 20,099 capacity, but they won’t all ever be sold so our maximum attendance will probably be around 19,800 (my guess, nothing official) for games where we give the whole Roseburn to the opposition, about  19,500 for games we give them only two sections

Thanks! Hopefully we can keep the old firm down to two sections and have 18,000 Home fans!

31 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

What do you mean when you say they won't all ever be sold? Do you mean some will be for media, officials etc? If so, does a bum on a seat not equate to an attendee of the match?

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

30,000? :lol:

20,000 - 22,000 is the right amount for a club of our size and in a terrible football league as is the SPFL.

The fact that we attract 16K at home most weeks to watch mediocre football where the league is won before a ball is even kicked, we should be applauded.

Tin hat on but I thought we could have squeezed the capacity up to the 22k mark because we would certainly get that for games against rantic and the derbies. When you see how far back the lounges and other internal parts of the stand go we could have had the decking for seats extend back more although understandably the slope would have to have been a little less with the roof at the real tilted slightly upwards perhaps. I know it would have cost more but an extra 2000 plus tickets sold would pay longer term.

Lucille's Thirsty
4 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Tin hat on but I thought we could have squeezed the capacity up to the 22k mark because we would certainly get that for games against rantic and the derbies. When you see how far back the lounges and other internal parts of the stand go we could have had the decking for seats extend back more although understandably the slope would have to have been a little less with the roof at the real tilted slightly upwards perhaps. I know it would have cost more but an extra 2000 plus tickets sold would pay longer term.

I was hoping for that sort of capacity too, if we are going to segregate the old firm and Hibs we might struggle to get over 20K with segregated seats.

mind you the football we’re playing right now we may as wel give them the whole roseburn which to me is the right thing to do in any event then every single seat will be taken around the ground.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Lucille's Thirsty said:

I was hoping for that sort of capacity too, if we are going to segregate the old firm and Hibs we might struggle to get over 20K with segregated seats.

mind you the football we’re playing right now we may as wel give them the whole roseburn which to me is the right thing to do in any event then every single seat will be taken around the ground.

I just hope the revenue generated by the new stand gives us the money needed for a better team. That is determined by a big improvement in the managerial department though. 

scott herbertson
22 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

What do you mean when you say they won't all ever be sold? Do you mean some will be for media, officials etc? If so, does a bum on a seat not equate to an attendee of the match?

Yes, possibly also for visitors, carers the youth team, half time entertainment people like pipe bands, services people on special occasions.

theres a lot of debate amongst people who like to count things (that includes me) about what is announced as official attendance but if it was bums on seats it would be  the least, if it was seats sold it would be more, if it was seats sold and those kept back for guests and official seats it would be even more. I don’t think any club claims that they announce the last one...

8 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Yes, possibly also for visitors, carers the youth team, half time entertainment people like pipe bands, services people on special occasions.

theres a lot of debate amongst people who like to count things (that includes me) about what is announced as official attendance but if it was bums on seats it would be  the least, if it was seats sold it would be more, if it was seats sold and those kept back for guests and official seats it would be even more. I don’t think any club claims that they announce the last one...

Is it not just a simple case of seats sold for VAT reasons

3 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

While I think that Tynecastle will be a wonderful football arena when we open the new Main Stand, I have consistently said on this forum that in my opinion Tynecastle is too small for Hearts to grow properly. Rightly or wrongly the board made the decision to remain at Tynecastle and make a £14m investment in a badly needed new Main Stand. I am not an architect but I would hope that there would be a way to increase the capacity even further now that the decision to remain at Tynecastle has been made.

One other point I would like to make is that within a few short years we may be playing in a much more attractive league, be it on European or British level, which would be a much more attractive product for paying customers, making it highly likely that our crowds would grow bigger again.

On 11/11/2017 at 09:08, Mr Sifter said:

Just passed. Never had time to take numerous pics but thought it was worth gettin a quick snap of the new emergency exit stairs goin in.

IMG_1994.JPG

I imagine there will be a fair bit of [ehem] banter from the top of those stairs down towards exiting away fans!

Is that all the turnstiles away fans will get? doesn't seem enough.

On 11/11/2017 at 09:08, Mr Sifter said:

Edited by Deans Jambo

15 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I see what you mean :D

gorgie rd eh11
2 hours ago, jambo-fletch said:

Does anyone have any idea on what our full capacity will be once the stand has been completed?

81 874.

2 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

While I think that Tynecastle will be a wonderful football arena when we open the new Main Stand, I have consistently said on this forum that in my opinion Tynecastle is too small for Hearts to grow properly. Rightly or wrongly the board made the decision to remain at Tynecastle and make a £14m investment in a badly needed new Main Stand. I am not an architect but I would hope that there would be a way to increase the capacity even further now that the decision to remain at Tynecastle has been made.

One other point I would like to make is that within a few short years we may be playing in a much more attractive league, be it on European or British level, which would be a much more attractive product for paying customers, making it highly likely that our crowds would grow bigger again.

Perfectly reasonable point of view from someone who believes in the Club's potential for growth.

It's self-evident that if there is no room for growth, there will be no growth.

I find it strange, but not surprising, that fans who believe in the Club's potential for growth are targeted for ridicule and are basically sneered at on here.

Personally, I believe there are people out there who don't currently come to the games but who would if there were to be a seat for them when the team has a period of success, thus attracting them in. That's how growth works. 

To be clear, I am not saying the capacity could have been any bigger at this stage. I can see the new stand is as big as it could possibly have been. 

However, I am put-off by remarks of fellow supporters who proudly state that the Club and its supporter base will never be any bigger than they are today. To me, that's patently lacking in ambition.

59 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

Dream land won’t happen

1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

Is it not just a simple case of seats sold for VAT reasons

I would have thought this to be the case. 

Changing parts of the ground to safe standing would increase capacity as I think there is a 1.5 to 1 ratio of people you could get in there compared to seating whilst also satisfying demand for people who want to stand. This could initially be done from lower N along to the dugouts as a few people I have spoken to who stood in lower N in the old stand are going into the same area are going to continue to do so. On a separate note, there might need to be a review of pricing for the stadium, quite a considerable chunk is platinum and even gold which for many people, especially those who can't get a ST but can make quite a few games is very expensive. Potentially changing more central sections to gold and upper A,G,N and T to silver could be an idea.     

1 hour ago, Hearts Daft said:

I love your optimism but disagree as there are too many "ifs". I think around 20,000 is about right, particularly if we are flying in the league/cups and are able to maximise hospitality income.

You say that we could be playing in a more attractive British/Euro league, fair enough. But what if Rangers and Celtic left for England and the finances were no longer in Scottish football? There would be a great, competitive league, but no money.