New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

11 minutes ago, Dunks said:

giphy.gif

I love a good TNG GIF! My all time favourite is Worf doing a rather despairing facepalm while apparently sat in a shuttle!

32 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

Great photos Kila. That last one is magnificent! 

Sure is, it's even got some Hearts away strip blue hue's.

18 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I love a good TNG GIF! My all time favourite is Worf doing a rather despairing facepalm while apparently sat in a shuttle!

There's was a couple of posters a few years back that pretty much communicated via TNG GIFs :D 

King Of The Cat Cafe

I am fed up with all the shenanigans about the police box.

Can we move on to some new ones:

Flagpoles: should they go on the outside roof of the new stand, or in the plaza?  :huh2:

5 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Are all the seats in yet?

They won't bother putting more seats in till the cladding is finished for health and safety I'd imagine.

2 hours ago, kila said:

Some photos I took not too long ago today:

IMG_8515.thumb.jpg.ef6df171b72040e3faaeace968fbd55a.jpgIMG_8521.thumb.jpg.4f9f46f6c7824259b031b4d46fa8a9d7.jpgIMG_8523.thumb.jpg.c0f2ad5db24ec79d93ac1db1e3d8a040.jpgIMG_8529.thumb.jpg.a9610ee666ba4501dc8ba046480eef9c.jpgIMG_8533.thumb.jpg.5274a279a2195075e06b74fd0494390c.jpgIMG_8534.thumb.jpg.62481f7101a647f3e82cd999cb71a2ac.jpgIMG_8539.thumb.jpg.aebc611ed8527db2ab217910b8a217a7.jpg

In the last picture it that a permanent wooden fence to split the nursery garden? 

5 hours ago, sairyinthat said:

Odd that there seems to be no photo showing this reputed mass of electrical equipment inside that box,wonder why.Would kill dead the questions.

Why don’t you just stand autside the door on match day,wait for someone to go out or in and have a look for yourself ,simples.Thats if you go to games.

Different Class
13 minutes ago, campbell said:

In the last picture it that a permanent wooden fence to split the nursery garden? 

No it's still a building site behind it and will be for a while yet

25 minutes ago, campbell said:

Wouldn' t have thought so. The artist's impression shows a hedge.

2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I believe the technical term is gravel! ;)

Not ideal as it will get kicked all over the place when people walk along the edge.

4 hours ago, Lawrence said:

Steady taking the name in vain! :-) 

Control box is definitely not a power source (was previously behind admin block - big grey boxes), but it did have key CCTV as well as command/control infrastructure. Whilst I only read this read for the pics, so don't want to get involved in a debate, I would point out that you can't dismantle a control centre until you have a new one (think safety certificate) which I believe is inside the new main stand (I'm no expert, mind). 

Sorry mate just wanted to highlight more than one source that it isnt just a simple demolition.

2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

One row was removed from each of the end stands, and the pitch was lengthened by a yard at each end.

Is that right? 

A row was definitely removed from the Roseburn but I didn't think the same happened at the Gorgie end because of the retractable seats.  Could be wrong, but I remember thinking it was noticeable when you looked at the ad boards at the front of the stand - the bar above them previously ran flush with boards, now there's a noticeable gap at the Roseburn end. I've always sat towards that end of the stadium though since pre-Vlad, wouldn't have necessarily noticed the Gorgie from that distance.  

4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Sorry mate just wanted to highlight more than one source that it isnt just a simple demolition.

That's alright mate, no problemo!

I reckon everyone (just generally speaking) would do well to relax a little. Some people like some stuff, don't like other stuff, agree with some stuff, disagree with other stuff. It's life!

Fundamentally when I consider the sh*t we dealt with during my time (which is now 6 years ago!) this is a wonderful platform. Is it always perfect? Hell, no (Sunday at BT Murrayfield?!!). But what an opportunity in the next two or three years. Inspiring! 

2 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

That's alright mate, no problemo!

I reckon everyone (just generally speaking) would do well to relax a little. Some people like some stuff, don't like other stuff, agree with some stuff, disagree with other stuff. It's life!

Fundamentally when I consider the sh*t we dealt with during my time (which is now 6 years ago!) this is a wonderful platform. Is it always perfect? Hell, no (Sunday at BT Murrayfield?!!). But what an opportunity in the next two or three years. Inspiring! 

I reckon some people need to chill too. It's perfectly fine for people to question aspects of the design - it's not been perfect, we forgot to order the seats ffs - but little temper tantrums being thrown by those who think this stand is some kind of architectural wonder is a little embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Toggie88 said:

I reckon some people need to chill too. It's perfectly fine for people to question aspects of the design - it's not been perfect, we forgot to order the seats ffs - but little temper tantrums being thrown by those who think this stand is some kind of architectural wonder is a little embarrassing. 

Totally. As ever, the answer is in the middle ground - some good, some not so good like life.  

The project hasn't been perfect, far from it, but equally the outcome will be absolutely spectacular and in doing so will secure Hearts at Tynecastle for a good while to come, too. 

10 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

My best guess is that monobloc will be inserted above the 'gravel' for health and safety purposes!!!!!!!!!

I think it is topsoil.

3 hours ago, Gav M said:

so the suggestion is to rip out the electonics put of the police box so we can strip it back while we don't have the facilities in the new stand to put them? 

excellent, sounds like a good idea, let's go for it, what's the worst that can happen?

Not just that but the police control room that will be situated in the main stand won't be ready yet but yeah let's just have them evicted because some precious souls think it's an oversight 

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Is this confirmation from the club that the Partick game will be at Tynecastle?

Heart of MidlothianVerified account @JamTarts 14m14 minutes ago

As we look forward to our return to Tynecastle, the ticket office will be open 9-3 tomorrow for the sale of match tickets http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6303

image.thumb.png.0937f6be5864320165c182ec9310d870.png

Yes pretty much 

Announced last week 

jimbojumbojambo

Saw the gravel infill this afternoon and have to say that it is disappointing. The problem is that the roadside kerb is not at the same level as the brick paviors and in some places is quite different so any hard infill (concrete, more paviors, etc.) would result in a potential slip hazard in wet or icy conditions. The gravel alleviates this issue but is already being  kicked onto the main paved area and this will only be worse when a few thousand pairs of feet take to the steps. It also, in my opinion, detracts from what is otherwise a superb piece of work. Sadly I can't come up with an easy (cheap) solution though I guess I'll get used to it.

Copings look to be setting the stand off nicely. Hope there is some nice external lighting to compliment the finished article.

Can't wait 'til Sunday to take my seat in the new stand.

Hope that coming 'home' can lift the team and give us all a much needed boost to back them.

Cue Scott: "This is Tynecastle (Park), let's make some noise"

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, jimbojumbojambo said:

Saw the gravel infill this afternoon and have to say that it is disappointing. The problem is that the roadside kerb is not at the same level as the brick paviors and in some places is quite different so any hard infill (concrete, more paviors, etc.) would result in a potential slip hazard in wet or icy conditions. The gravel alleviates this issue but is already being  kicked onto the main paved area and this will only be worse when a few thousand pairs of feet take to the steps. It also, in my opinion, detracts from what is otherwise a superb piece of work. Sadly I can't come up with an easy (cheap) solution though I guess I'll get used to it.

The  concrete slabs like at pedestrian crossing is a way to get round it, but they can crack easily if not even. They have ridges to prevent slipping, etc

The stones are a pain, the builders used them where I lived and there  are stone all over the place, I admit I  am one of the sad folk that go out and sweep up and put them back in my culd u sac

Wouldn't be surprised  if that is a job after match day tbh

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

We should have had a game of bingo for things folk could moan about.

Yip, the experts and companies know nothing.

Everything they have  done could have been done cheaper, better and quicker according to JKB.

This thread moves so fast maybe this is already a moot point but...

Folk acting like it was a simple matter to move the control aspects of the police box -- JFC we're putting up and opening for use a £14m stand after demolishing the old one in less time than some take to build a three bedroom house after a rushed design phase due to constraints placed on us by the council, regarding the nursery.

I only have the amateur experience with far simpler kinds of controls than what is in Tynecastle -- largely from helping set up, teardown, and run lights and sound for events like concerts, theater productions, and such, never for more than a few hundred people.  The bigger systems I worked with in those cases required a complex system of conduits, patch panels, power control systems, and so forth. Twice I helped test and configure newly installed lighting and sound systems -- once for a new theater, once for an old theater getting a new system. In both cases, again for theaters with a few hundred seats, it took weeks of testing, checking, finding DOA parts in subsystems and replacing them, and generally helping the operators figure out how to operate the new systems before we were ever ready to put the new system into production.

I can't imagine what the systems in a 20k stadium are like, but I'm fairly confident I would rather Hearts were a bit more conservative in making sure things were settled a bit and the new systems were fully tested and put through the paces before we ripped out the old ones.

Not selling a few seats in the new stand until after the January break seems like a decision that only those with no concept of the potential complexity involved would question.

As always, thanks to obua and Thomaso and all others with specific knowledge of the stand for chiming in, and for having more patience than I could with the brickthrowers.

Now if someone will finally get around to explaining why we didn't fill in the corners, I'll be happy.

5 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

The  concrete slabs like at pedestrian crossing is a way to get round it, but they can crack easily if not even. They have ridges to prevent slipping, etc

The stones are a pain, the builders used them where I lived and there  are stone all over the place, I admit I  am one of the sad folk that go out and sweep up and put them back in my culd u sac

Wouldn't be surprised  if that is a job after match day tbh

Minimum £100k every time it has to be done, just like cleaning the windaes....

2 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

This thread moves so fast maybe this is already a moot point but...

Folk acting like it was a simple matter to move the control aspects of the police box -- JFC we're putting up and opening for use a £14m stand after demolishing the old one in less time than some take to build a three bedroom house after a rushed design phase due to constraints placed on us by the council, regarding the nursery.

I only have the amateur experience with far simpler kinds of controls than what is in Tynecastle -- largely from helping set up, teardown, and run lights and sound for events like concerts, theater productions, and such, never for more than a few hundred people.  The bigger systems I worked with in those cases required a complex system of conduits, patch panels, power control systems, and so forth. Twice I helped test and configure newly installed lighting and sound systems -- once for a new theater, once for an old theater getting a new system. In both cases, again for theaters with a few hundred seats, it took weeks of testing, checking, finding DOA parts in subsystems and replacing them, and generally helping the operators figure out how to operate the new systems before we were ever ready to put the new system into production.

I can't imagine what the systems in a 20k stadium are like, but I'm fairly confident I would rather Hearts were a bit more conservative in making sure things were settled a bit and the new systems were fully tested and put through the paces before we ripped out the old ones.

Not selling a few seats in the new stand until after the January break seems like a decision that only those with no concept of the potential complexity involved would question.

As always, thanks to obua and Thomaso and all others with specific knowledge of the stand for chiming in, and for having more patience than I could with the brickthrowers.

Now if someone will finally get around to explaining why we didn't fill in the corners, I'll be happy.

Apologies for the following daft questions.

What are the controls controlling?

If its lights ie floodlights and stuff why does it matter how many people are there?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

Totally. As ever, the answer is in the middle ground - some good, some not so good like life.  

The project hasn't been perfect, far from it, but equally the outcome will be absolutely spectacular and in doing so will secure Hearts at Tynecastle for a good while to come, too. 

The answer is that the stand is a massive upgrade from what we had, has been delivered in an extremely tight time  scale, will be one of  the best looking stands n Scotland and is a visual representation where club has come from and going to go in the future.

Everything else will be forgotten about.

It has just show n that folk will moan about anything.

I can only guess but the type of folk that moan that the oranges aren't orange enough or the likes.

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

If its lights ie floodlights and stuff why does it matter how many people are there?

Does it ****ing matter?

The experts put a plan of work together, worked out a critical path that was deemed best and then implemented it.

folk on here that are moaning , in all honesty know nothing of this and are just moaning for the sake of it.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Minimum £100k every time it has to be done, just like cleaning the windaes....

i'd be up for that, watch the game, pick up a Brush and fire  on for the next few hours.

4 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Does it ****ing matter?

The experts put a plan of work together, worked out a critical path that was deemed best and then implemented it.

folk on here that are moaning , in all honesty know nothing of this and are just moaning for the sake of it.

Ooft. You sound like you're on the edge :lol:

I literally haven't moaned about the control box once, and in all honesty couldn't give a **** if its there til the day i die as i don't ever sit near those seats.

I just asked a question because until this thread mentioned it ive never even noticed it. Sounds like you're the one doing all the moaning tbh.

Anyway, can anyone with a bit of rationality tell me what it is controlling? As I don't understand the relevance of how many people its for.

9 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Please bear in mind that this is conjecture and extrapolation from my amateur-only experience. If someone has professional or specific knowledge, I will defer to them entirely.

I do not know Tynecastle's systems, but I would imagine that they involve quite a few aspects. The main pitch lighting, which I suppose could be a bank of four giant lever switches but more likely there's a control system which connects to multiple banks of relay switches which actually do the circuit opening/closing. One reason for this is that depending on the lighting type, some kinds of lights make an enormous electrical draw when first turned on that then declines -- hence you never want to turn all of them on at once.  Also, for most lighting like that, you never want to turn it on or off in rapid succession, and so there's often controls to prevent that.

Beyond that, there's undercroft and exterior lighting, security systems (cameras?), the sound system (at the very least a range of inputs, mixers, and outputs), various wiring for supporting televised broadcasts. There will be the fire alarm and suppression system which will have some central hub.

None of it is rocket science but again, it took a bit over a week to update all the systems at our medium sized Presbyterian church, and that was with minimal wiring changes and mostly just involving the installation of new sound, light, and video control equipment. 

1 minute ago, Ugly American said:

Please bear in mind that this is conjecture and extrapolation from my amateur-only experience. If someone has professional or specific knowledge, I will defer to them entirely.

I do not know Tynecastle's systems, but I would imagine that they involve quite a few aspects. The main pitch lighting, which I suppose could be a bank of four giant lever switches but more likely there's a control system which connects to multiple banks of relay switches which actually do the circuit opening/closing. One reason for this is that depending on the lighting type, some kinds of lights make an enormous electrical draw when first turned on that then declines -- hence you never want to turn all of them on at once.  Also, for most lighting like that, you never want to turn it on or off in rapid succession, and so there's often controls to prevent that.

Beyond that, there's undercroft and exterior lighting, security systems (cameras?), the sound system (at the very least a range of inputs, mixers, and outputs), various wiring for supporting televised broadcasts. There will be the fire alarm and suppression system which will have some central hub.

None of it is rocket science but again, it took a bit over a week to update all the systems at our medium sized Presbyterian church, and that was with minimal wiring changes and mostly just involving the installation of new sound, light, and video control equipment. 

Got you. There is a few things you mentioned that I didn't even consider like the sound system :lol: makes sense now. Would be a massive job stripping that out and obviously cannot be done until its replacement is all wired in. Don't know why people are bothered tbh unless they had their heart set on one of those seats and cannot bear to sit anywhere else for 10 matches. :lol:

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Ooft. You sound like you're on the edge :lol:

I literally haven't moaned about the control box once, and in all honesty couldn't give a **** if its there til the day i die as i don't ever sit near those seats.

I just asked a question because until this thread mentioned it ive never even noticed it. Sounds like you're the one doing all the moaning tbh.

Anyway, can anyone with a bit of rationality tell me what it is controlling? As I don't understand the relevance of how many people its for.

lol, nah m8, apologies, but honestly, I only read this thread now and then and reading back you would think that folk are deliberately doing things wrong or sabotaging the project.

In short, the police room/ control room  in the new main stand isn't built yet.That work will be ongoing and when complete the old control room will be taken away. Perfectly reasonable and sensible. was also on the original plan of works so **** knows why everyone is excited about it.

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

5 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

lol, nah m8, apologies, but honestly, I only read this thread now and then and reading back you would think that folk are deliberately doing things wrong or sabotaging the project.

In short, the police room/ control room  in the new main stand isn't built yet.That work will be ongoing and when complete the old control room will be taken away. Perfectly reasonable and sensible. was also on the original plan of works so **** knows why everyone is excited about it.

Taken away or scaled back ? 

I thought it was the latter , although it probably makes no difference tbf 

44 minutes ago, Eno said:

Copings look to be setting the stand off nicely. Hope there is some nice external lighting to compliment the finished article.

Can't wait 'til Sunday to take my seat in the new stand.

Hope that coming 'home' can lift the team and give us all a much needed boost to back them.

Cue Scott: "This is Tynecastle (Park), let's make some noise"

That’s assuming we have a working tannoy system on time? 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Taken away or scaled back ? 

I thought it was the latter , although it probably makes no difference tbf 

I don't ****ing care or know enough tbh.

I just read that on the works, that the control room part or fully would be moving to a new place. That place isn't built yet, hence why it's staying until around Jan I think.

A couple of itk guys have also stated this.

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

5 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

Especially if all the workies are asleep.

WORKIES?  is that the working people?  say that. 

For a brief while it was filling in the corners.Now it is the police box/ control room. We have had the window cleaning contract, the maroon strips, the curtain walls, soon it will be moaning about how comfy/uncomfy the seats are and how the sun is in their eyes when we play at 3 o'clock 

Honestly Kickback, you don't know your alive some of you

2 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

I only described it as world class for the purpose of energizing our Lochend chums and it worked a treat.

Mind you, it could be world class.  Certainly is better than the 18 year old concrete monstrosity we have here and 100 times better than the breeze block Giro.