New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

20 thousand is fine just now. Increasing to 24-25  thousand in 5-6 years if we learn to play football again would be not a bad thing to save up for. Will cost money for land purchases and new Wheatfield . Will cost 10 to 14 million again

1 hour ago, Silvery_Moon said:

If only the seats had been ordered in time for the Aberdeen game. ::troll::

In all seriousness it's looking great.

Just a slight dig at the latest porkie from the Ivory Tower.

It reminds me a bit of the top decks of an old fashion ocean liner, head on, minus the funnels, for some reason best know to myself

Hopefully the good ship will steam off over the horizon with the Fibs rowing boat lagging miles behind, desparately trying io catch up, when completed.

27 minutes ago, His name is said:

Anyone else still think there's still a lot to do before next Sunday?

Aye,  xmas shopping, haircut, car MOT, mow the lawn (aye, a ken in November) and my bint want's us to get it on...twice!  :gstring_black::movethatass:

Perth to Paisley

More than happy with new capacity, if things go well there would be potential to increase the size of the other stands ... and I am sure I read something about filling in the corners.

onwards and upwards chaps

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Hearts Daft said:

It's all lost revenue. Probably around £350k per season. All of which could be reinvested back into the club bringing better players etc.

Its not “lost” as we never had it.

to build a stadium with another 10,000 capacity would cost us millions - £20 million more is probably LG a conservative estimate. The interest on £20 million would far exceed £350,000 per annum so we would lose money by building a bigger stadium just to cope with the occasional larger crowd. To make 30,000 work we’d need to be getting that every week plus revenue from other sources like renting it out for national games, rock concerts, champions league or europa league games etc. 

Id like to see it myself but just not realistic at present

5 minutes ago, jambog said:

The one thing that I don’t like is the corrugated iron cladding.

Guess it’s consistent with the other stands but looks cheap imo

Is cheap!

3 hours ago, Hearts Daft said:

Tynecastle will be a fantastic venue for football when the new stand opens. My only criticism of Tynecastle is that we need a 30,000 capacity stadium and I can't see how we could ever have that at Tynecastle. However I am no architect.

:tlj:

3 hours ago, tian447 said:

giphy.gif

Hate to tell you, but I think this is DS9 (judging by the uniform) :whistling:

You could well be right! It's an absolute classic though!

2 hours ago, Hearts Daft said:

It's all lost revenue. Probably around £350k per season. All of which could be reinvested back into the club bringing better players etc.

Yeah, cos it wouldn't have to go to paying off the massive cost of a 30k stadium in the first place!

I don't know if you're at it or an idiot! 

2 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

Could have told the truth, we don't have until next Sunday, we have a D-day of (X) for safety certificate (Friday???).

Still asking, does the stadium perimeter have to be properly secure or does temp fencing do?

Gorgie end as yet wide open and school end not segregated as yet, has the pitch-side perimeter been installed.

Just asking!

Lighten up I’m not in charge of the project.I have consistently said there was a lot to do and it will be tight,not sure what the Could have told the truth means,just saying.

N Lincs Jambo
1 minute ago, obua said:

Lighten up I’m not in charge of the project.I have consistently said there was a lot to do and it will be tight,not sure what the Could have told the truth means,just saying.

Hi Obua, like many I greatly appreciate the inside info from you and Thomaso on here. Could I ask if you know what the deadline is for issuing of a safety certificate for the Thistle game to go ahead as scheduled? I have heard various days/dates on here.

2 minutes ago, N Lincs Jambo said:

Hi Obua, like many I greatly appreciate the inside info from you and Thomaso on here. Could I ask if you know what the deadline is for issuing of a safety certificate for the Thistle game to go ahead as scheduled? I have heard various days/dates on here.

Building control and sfa both did inspections last week,I’ve not heard yet when final inspection will take place,also police will do an inspection late this week.

N Lincs Jambo
Just now, obua said:

Building control and sfa both did inspections last week,I’ve not heard yet when final inspection will take place,also police will do an inspection late this week.

Thanks Obua!

I suppose if the relevant safety certificates are not forthcoming we would have to ask SFA and Partick for permission to rearrange the game.

Knowing the SFA failure to host the fixture would result in a fine or worse.

is that little maroon hut something that's survived from, well, ages ago, when there used to be turnstiles forward and to the side (left) when entering the school end? is it getting left as a feature,  a memory of earlier times?

17 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

You could well be right! It's an absolute classic though!

There are so many good Star Trek gifs, you can pretty much convey any emotion or response with one :lol:

3 minutes ago, obua said:

I didn’t guarantee it will be done lol.

Only kidding mate .

I'm fairly chilled about it tbh.

I would also like to add my thanks to yourself and the other posters who are on site for keeping us up to date with the progress of our new stand.

It'll be ready when it's ready we have waited decades for this what's another week or two.

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

is that little maroon hut something that's survived from, well, ages ago, when there used to be turnstiles forward and to the side (left) when entering the school end? is it getting left as a feature,  a memory of earlier times?

Do you mean the new away turnstiles that have been installed.

Just now, luckydug said:

Only kidding mate .

I'm fairly chilled about it tbh.

I would also like to add my thanks to yourself and the other posters who are on site for keeping us up to date with the progress of our new stand.

It'll be ready when it's ready we have waited decades for this what's another week or two.

I’m still fairly confident,there are lots of workmen on site and lots of late nights in the coming week.

4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

There are so many good Star Trek gifs, you can pretty much convey any emotion or response with one :lol:

When reading jkb, the Worf one there is the most appropriate one 99% of the time!

I’m still fairly confident,there are lots of workmen on site and lots of late nights in the coming week.

Make the call ffs....

Nick-Knowles-and-the-DIY-SOS-team.thumb.jpg.4480a37fefcc2a6cdfb94b242684bbb2.jpg

Do you mean the new away turnstiles that have been installed.

I must be. i'm a bit surprised they only went for 3 turnstiles with the apparent room there  seems to be there?

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I must be. i'm a bit surprised they only went for 3 turnstiles with the apparent room there  seems to be there?

There’s six,two in each opening.

48 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I suppose if the relevant safety certificates are not forthcoming we would have to ask SFA and Partick for permission to rearrange the game.

Knowing the SFA failure to host the fixture would result in a fine or worse.

Not sure if I care enough but ain't nothing to do with the SFA 

Its not a Scotland or Scottish Cup game 

2 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

Not getting at you mate, just some folk seem to think we can go right up to Sunday morning which is patently not the case.

I am as you may have noted concerned that in the current security climate a couple of guys in yellow jackets will not be enough for perimeter security. Never even mentioned the gap between the bollards and road entrance which seems weirdly avoidable.

The 'fact' we have lost 5 turnstiles for home support as well makes me also wonder how 20 turnstyles for 7,000(???) folk will work on the day?

My gripe if I have one is that the fans are paying a fortune towards the stand but being kept pretty much at arms length or beyond by the club officials! We were told last week the cladding would be done Mon-Tues for example.

Why there has been e.g. no online camera throughout defies me and preventing fans from viewing from across the pitch as H&S issue is plain bollocks.

I know it will be grand when done, but we have now missed a few deadlines at the last minute so why should I not be concerned!

Why would perimeter security be a problem,we had hoardings in place last season if we went down that road it could be erected in a day.I haven’t counted turnstiles old or new stand but I’m sure they will be sufficient,and the last deadlines were not missed at the last minute you had plenty notice.But hey you pay your money so have your say.

25 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not sure if I care enough but ain't nothing to do with the SFA 

Its not a Scotland or Scottish Cup game 

To whom it may concern then.

Holyrood_Hearts
52 minutes ago, obua said:

Why would perimeter security be a problem,we had hoardings in place last season if we went down that road it could be erected in a day.I haven’t counted turnstiles old or new stand but I’m sure they will be sufficient,and the last deadlines were not missed at the last minute you had plenty notice.But hey you pay your money so have your say.

Some people can’t help them but find stuff to complain about. Lost turnstiles FFS!! 

1 minute ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Some people can’t help them but find stuff to complain about. Lost turnstiles FFS!! 

Yes I’ve had a hard day,hope I didn’t sound to ...yea I did I’m not apologising.

6 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

It is up to the polis and council if perimeter security is sufficient not guesswork and sticking plasters, but the 'fact' 2 months after the 1st missed deadline the perimeter is still not secure is somewhat indicative of poor project management, e.g. should bespoke joiners be fitting out the Directors suite today or might it be more important to have the pitch and stadium perimeters properly secure/ their vans were parked all over where the new fences/ gates should be? It beggars belief anyone could actually say and mean it, "why would perimeter security be a problem", honestly!

You don't need to count turnstyles, but divide 7,000 (???) by the new 20 and you get 350 each, give 15 seconds to get through (more for grandad) and you need 1 1/2 hrs to let everyone in, who arrives 1 1/2 hrs early. It aint rocket science. Try 3,000 (????) away fans getting through 6 turnstyles! Tight does not adequately express it.

Lastly tell the guys with pointless flights and hotels previously booked they had plenty notice!

From not getting at you I seem to be now!

Your right, I do pay my money, happily honestly, but am left feeling a bit overlooked/ ignored/ taken for granted by the powers that be!

You are at it. Hobo or troll either way GTF.

It is up to the polis and council if perimeter security is sufficient not guesswork and sticking plasters, but the 'fact' 2 months after the 1st missed deadline the perimeter is still not secure is somewhat indicative of poor project management, e.g. should bespoke joiners be fitting out the Directors suite today or might it be more important to have the pitch and stadium perimeters properly secure/ their vans were parked all over where the new fences/ gates should be? It beggars belief anyone could actually say and mean it, "why would perimeter security be a problem", honestly!

You don't need to count turnstyles, but divide 7,000 (???) by the new 20 and you get 350 each, give 15 seconds to get through (more for grandad) and you need 1 1/2 hrs to let everyone in, who arrives 1 1/2 hrs early. It aint rocket science. Try 3,000 (????) away fans getting through 6 turnstyles! Tight does not adequately express it.

Lastly tell the guys with pointless flights and hotels previously booked they had plenty notice!

Your right, I do pay my money, happily honestly, but am left feeling a bit overlooked/ ignored/ taken for granted by the powers that be!

How much longer does it take for your granddad to get through the turnstyles?

Coburg Hearts
4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

You are at it. Hobo or troll either way GTF.

Beat me to it. I've been thinking similar for months.

At least it seems like months.

Edited by Coburg Hearts

Holyrood_Hearts

Bob, that end of the ground is technically still a building site. Surely putting the security preimeters in place would get in the way?

Believe it or not but some people do go to the football that early.  You seem to make a big deal of this. Presumably you’ll be able to access the Main Stand via the Gorgie Road turnstiles, like you can for the Wheatfield?

10 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

Ok we missed deadlines,why would we then secure perimeter and block access for work to continue.im out I don’t need this shit when I’m only trying to keep real hearts fans informed.

19 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

I'm ignoring you and your points 

23 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

Hahahaha diddums - still breast fed by yir maw NAP

What I find a bit concerning is there appears to be no electricity on the building, except temporary lights and 110v power for tools etc. Is there any mains power any place in the building surely the perminant lighting should be on by now.