New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Perhaps because everyone knew that 9 September was BS but ST sales may have been impacted with 4 or 5 games played at Murrayfield?

Yes I am cynical.

I don't think there's any doubt about this theory. When I was at the Dunfermline game and the club were still promoting STs vigorously, it was clear as day that the stand wouldn't be completed anywhere near 9th September.

However I think the club might've overestimated how many people wouldn't have purchased their ST, knowing there would be 4 games at Murrayfield. As a ST holder for 17 years, it would have made no difference to me and doubt it makes much difference to the vast majority of ST holders. With the large uptake in the MF mini-series tickets, I think the club have maybe overestimated the dislike of Murrayfield! It was a very bad word under CPR but without the possibility of it actually becoming our long-term home, I don't think it bothers most of us.

I'm not bothered in the slightest that they need more time to work on the stand – the priority is getting the stand built properly. 

I'd also have bought my season ticket even if the whole season was played at Murrayfield.

zoltan socrates
On 15/11/2016 at 19:51, NewYorkFleaPit said:

D&B, in my experience, is where a client will ask 3 parties to come up with a design for, let's say a school, and a cost to build it. This is done speculatively by those asked to tender. They will then go and source an architect and various consultants to pull it all together and then provide the aforementioned design and cost. The client will then decide who to appoint based on design and best value. This is how the new Kilmarnock College was procured.

A traditional build is where the client directly employs the architect and consultants to deliver a design. They will then ask, usually between 3-5, main contractors to tender for the works and will appoint who is usually the cheapest. Edinburgh Council are finding out to their detriment that wasn't a good decision to employ the cheapest contractor on Boroughmuir High.

Almost every project my company is involved in we are sub-contracted to the main contractor.

Pretty much bang on the button 

worked on both jobs you mention, kilmarnock met dates/budgets etc, boroughmuir didnt and hasn't

are you in mechanical or eletrical? If its Mech i probably know you, if electrical then you are a wizard who deals in the black arts

10 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Crack 18k again for killie and they will 100% play Partick at Murrayfield, the funding gap and all that jazz. 

:facepalm:

16 hours ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Disappointing but probably not too surprising. Though couple of ITKers have been saying 100% for the 5th for a while, it’s looked less and less likely. 

Hopefully the extra time means everything runs smoothly against Partick. 

Not me.    :rolleyes:

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

LOL.

On a more serious note - how does the club complete flood testing to get a safety certificate ie you need a certain number of punters to actually use the new facility , toilets and all before getting the OK. How does that work, how many people will be involved ? 

They can just get all the brickies, sparks etc to go for a pish at the same time.

To make it even more like a match day situation they can have a handful of roasters lighting up in the bogs 

Just now, The Treasurer said:

They can just get all the brickies, sparks etc to go for a pish at the same time.

To make it even more like a match day situation they can have a handful of roasters lighting up in the bogs 

:laugh:Thanks for clarifying. Makes sense right enough. 

It's a shame about the 5th but I'm happy to wait it out an extra game if it means we're going home to a magnificent new stand that will last us years, improve Tynecastle and keeps us in Gorgie.

They're just freekin' teasing us now!

IMO, the stand will possibly be ready for the 5th, but its not good to have  a maybes aye maybes no approach, so AB has taken the definitive  decision to say naw, makes perfect sense,   

1 hour ago, zoltan socrates said:

Pretty much bang on the button 

worked on both jobs you mention, kilmarnock met dates/budgets etc, boroughmuir didnt and hasn't

are you in mechanical or eletrical? If its Mech i probably know you, if electrical then you are a wizard who deals in the black arts

Sent you a PM.

I think some people are seriously overestimating how much we are making from matches at Murrayfield. You have to compare it with how much we would make from a match if it was at Tynecastle. So say a max crowd of 19500 at Tynie with segregation, you need a crowd of that plus say another 4000 to cover the cost of playing at Murrayfield. Only then does it become financially beneficial to play at Murrayfield 

Fxxx the SPFL
2 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

I'm not bothered in the slightest that they need more time to work on the stand – the priority is getting the stand built properly. 

I'd also have bought my season ticket even if the whole season was played at Murrayfield.

Same for me although can't wait to get back to Tynie though.

8 minutes ago, alanthejambo said:

I think some people are seriously overestimating how much we are making from matches at Murrayfield. You have to compare it with how much we would make from a match if it was at Tynecastle. So say a max crowd of 19500 at Tynie with segregation, you need a crowd of that plus say another 4000 to cover the cost of playing at Murrayfield. Only then does it become financially beneficial to play at Murrayfield 

The club expected in initial projections to maybe break even at best, playing at Murrayfield. 

The good crowd at the Aberdeen game meant we actually made more as much or even more profit than if the game had been at Tynecastle. 

Last weekend would probably have been break even, but this weekend should be an even bigger profit than the Aberdeen game. Though more police/stewards may negate that a bit. And Kilmarnock on the 5th will maybe just break even. 

Mid Calder Jambo
16 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

The club expected in initial projections to maybe break even at best, playing at Murrayfield. 

The good crowd at the Aberdeen game meant we actually made more as much or even more profit than if the game had been at Tynecastle. 

Last weekend would probably have been break even, but this weekend should be an even bigger profit than the Aberdeen game. Though more police/stewards may negate that a bit. And Kilmarnock on the 5th will maybe just break even. 

So overall a profit from the Murrayfield experience.  Not that I am fan as the stadium is only good for chariot racing.

7 minutes ago, Mid Calder Jambo said:

So overall a profit from the Murrayfield experience.  Not that I am fan as the stadium is only good for chariot racing.

Yes, hopefully. And most of it coming from the away support this weekend. 

:profit:

Footballfirst
27 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I would doubt if the St Johnstone game broke even.  I think the break even point is probably in the 22,000-23,000 range, hence the extra profit from the Aberdeen game and the chance of even more at the weekend.  The Killie game will probably be another loss, but we should roughly break even over the four games, against what was most likely a projected loss once the Murrayfield option was taken up.

3 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

This should be everyone's attitude.

When we beat them on December 27th under the floodlights in front of 20,000+ at Tynie, all these delays will just be a distant memory.

Clark Griswold
6 minutes ago, kingdannyb said:

This should be everyone's attitude.

When we beat them on December 27th under the floodlights in front of 20,000+ at Tynie, all these delays will just be a distant memory.

Correct it should be, doesn't mean it will unfortunately! I am happy to wait one extra game, it takes as long as it takes. I am just happy we have sound communication from the club and not leaving it til the week of the killie game to make the decision.

Decided to take a walk down this lunchtime for a wee nose and see what all the fuss was about.

Very impressed.

Stadium name is perfect size as is the club crest.

Good to see the curtain walling complete in parts; with the silver and maroon cover strips it looks very sleek. 

Club crest in the paving is very nice touch too and the hard landscaping is coming along well. Nice touch with the plaques on the facade too.

All in all a great minimal looking facade that comes to life from a distance with the reflections of the school and other buildings across the road - and the people busy on the job, soon to be supporters.

A big pat on the back for all those involved!

HHGH!

IMG_3534.JPG

IMG_3535.JPG

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, samcdonald22 said:

IMO, the stand will possibly be ready for the 5th, but its not good to have  a maybes aye maybes no approach, so AB has taken the definitive  decision to say naw, makes perfect sense,   

That seems to be what AB was saying in her statement.

The works should be complete by the time the Killie game comes round but testing might throw up couple of glitches which could have had an impact on the ground being ready.

The club had a difficult decision to make and I think they've made the right call, disappointing though it is.

2 minutes ago, CBjambo said:

Decided to take a walk down this lunchtime for a wee nose and see what all the fuss was about.

Very impressed.

Good to see the curtain walling complete in parts; with the silver and maroon cover strips it looks very sleek. 

Club crest in the paving is very nice touch too and the hard landscaping is coming along well. Nice touch with the plaques on the facade too.

All in all a great minimal looking facade that comes to life from a distance with the reflections of the school and other buildings across the road - and the people busy on the job, soon to be supporters.

HHGH!

IMG_3534.JPG

If you look closely you can see the new doors now in 

4 minutes ago, CBjambo said:

Very impressed.

HHGH!

IMG_3534.JPG

You don't get any idea from the photos eh?  It's 100x more impressive standing in front of it.  We're also looking at it in it's worst state, once the front is clear and the internal and external lighting is on it'll be outstanding.

Wish there was no parking allowed on that street section and that shitty street light was relocated!

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

That seems to be what AB was saying in her statement.

The works should be complete by the time the Killie game comes round but testing might throw up couple of glitches which could have had an impact on the ground being ready.

The club had a difficult decision to make and I think they've made the right call, disappointing though it is.

Completely agree, you cant apply a major software change such as new e-turnstyles and only expect 2 days of testing before 20k punters want to test it out. another 2 weeks gets any issues ironed out without pressure and also the builders can finsih off some other extra touches, Its all good,  Once this and all the offices, changing rooms and corporate suites are finished, it is going to be the mutts.  Looking the layout as well, we could make a bid to have the junior cup final as permanent home, as there a bit where you can walk up the steps to get the cup, like at Hampden, rather than the awfull way you get it on a podium on the pitch

15 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I've just seen a photo on Facebook, the seats are going in at a fearsome rate now. 

Probably about 75% in now.

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If you look closely you can see the new doors now in 

By the way all the ground floor doors and screen frames are in maroon - they have grey protective tape on them at present.

Nice one FF I thought the seating would be finished by this week. I'm intrigued as to what the other hold up are, I know there was mention of testing and no doubt certification of these tests hopefully it all goes smoothly. 

Phil D. Corners
5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The video suggests that the seats in sections Q, R, S and T are near enough complete.

I was always confident the seats would be done, I was more nervous about the gable end being completed. 

Thanks to everyone posting picture updates. 

12 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Nice one FF I thought the seating would be finished by this week. I'm intrigued as to what the other hold up are, I know there was mention of testing and no doubt certification of these tests hopefully it all goes smoothly. 

Major work to complete at the Gorgie Stand end - access road to be laid, and metal exit stairway to be erected.

Away fans entry area to be surfaced with security fencing to go up at the Roseburn end + completion of the decking and cladding on the stand gable.

Inside is a hive of activity - fitting metal balustrading, plasterboard partitions, ceilings, toilets, and a whole host of M&E works.

We are not just constructing a basic stand here - we are creating a huge and pretty complex building.

Edited by Thomaso

From the pictures it seems there will be a small gap between the pylon and the cladding on the Roseburn end of the new stand? Appreciate it's not complete yet however...

12 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Major work to complete at the Gorgie Stand end - access road to be laid, and metal exit stairway to be erected.

Away fans entry area to be surfaced with security fencing to go up at the Roseburn end + completion of the decking and cladding on the stand gable.

Inside is a hive of activity - fitting metal balustrading, plasterboard partitions, ceilings, toilets, and a whole host of M&E works.

We are not just constructing a basic stand here - we are creating a huge and pretty complex building.

Thanks for the info. I new the whole construction job would not have been completed prior to the first game but are we now going for full completion or still aiming for just enough to safely put on a match.

Edited by Dannie Boy

5 minutes ago, haggis58 said:

A picture from facebook shows the club crest pattern in the seats.

22728845_10208437043237414_2087050956901145299_n.jpg

Compare that to the photo from 2 days ago, seats are going in rapid. 

6vBjV1q.jpg

Should see the second crest start to emerge in the next day or two. Any word on the padded fellys for the premium seats?

letsmakesomenoise
5 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

Compare that to the photo from 2 days ago, seats are going in rapid. 

6vBjV1q.jpg

Should see the second crest start to emerge in the next day or two. Any word on the padded fellys for the premium seats?

Surely all the platinum seating is padded - they are in the Wheatfield! 

jimbojumbojambo

And you managed to capture me casting my eye on the latest progress. I noted that the holes have been drilled for the bollards at the front of the plaza and that 1 has actually been installed. Not the precast ones shown on artists impressions but slender metal ones with a single chamfered top - quite nice.

16 minutes ago, haggis58 said:

A picture from facebook shows the club crest pattern in the seats.

22728845_10208437043237414_2087050956901145299_n.jpg

Looks a row too high!

Mad Budge oot!

8 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

Surely all the platinum seating is padded - they are in the Wheatfield! 

They are.

27 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Thanks for the info. I new the whole construction job would not have been completed prior to the first game but are we now going for full completion or still aiming for just enough to safely put on a match.

Full completion of all dressing rooms, shop, corporate areas and restaurant will not be until around January 18.

18 minutes ago, Red Jamie said:

Any word on the padded fellys for the premium seats?

Now being installed.

Edited by Thomaso

Just now, Thomaso said:

Full completion of all dressing rooms, shop, corporate areas and restaurant will not be until around January 18.

Thanks for that.

36 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Reading the above, together with all the various "testing" requirements, makes it a sound reason for Killie game being played at Murrayfield.

Add in the internal work will be a further 2 weeks closer to final completion & more "user friendly" for fans attending Partick Thistle game.

Personal disappointment in delays are easily overcome by reality of the situation.